CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 15a - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clawed Nyasu said:
Actually, the heads only have four horns.
Holy crap. I would have sworn it had five. Now that accuracy is out the window, I guess my sprite is counting on the strength of its pose, lineart, and colorations. Those five horns were a horror to sprite from behind, too.

Actually, the heads only have four horns. Only a few of the sprites reflect this, though. Look carefully, and you'll see that the middle horn is actually just the neck zigging up. On the far right head of Cyzir's art, where the neck zigs down, you can see that there is no middle horn.

Since the mechanics of spriting are more kind to positioning the heads above the body, having the neck zig down is an easier portrayal.
Ah- your right... I never really noticed... Guess it just didn't stand out until I saw the gap on Doug's...

But anyway on your sprite, Doug... The gap is still weird...
Could you at least bring out the neck a taad bit? o.o
Or maybe push the two horns together a bit, so its not as wide...?

Edit: Like on Aaragonbird's?
(See head on out right)

Well, not exactly like that. Maybe still with some space, but just a bit less...
Cause it does look quite awkward...

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Well here are the back sprites. I'm open to suggestions until about 10:30 PM EST, then I'll have to post the final submission.

joshe

the best

Well here are the back sprites. I'm open to suggestions until about 10:30 PM EST, then I'll have to post the final submission.
well, the heads on the back sprite look a little lanky, but I'm not the expert, so someone else will have to do explain this. otherwise well done.

aragorn, imo, the middle neck is much too smooth. So just change it to slightly more jagged, and not so tall and your set.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
AB's definitely has my vote so far. The only thing that irks me a bit is the grin on the left head on the back sprite. I think that the more aggressive look on the others' heads is more appropriate.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Thanks for the suggestions, people. I took them into account so hopefully it looks better now.

Well, we still have a few hours left.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Aragorn, the neck on the head to our right still looks off.
Hooray, let's use the vaguest words ever in the English language! I'm still open to suggestions for the next two and a half hours, but you gotta be more precise than that.

Thanks for the suggestions, people. I took them into account so hopefully it looks better now.

The eyebrows on the back's right head doesn't look like a zig-zag in my opinion. The left-bottom part of the zig-zag could be a bit more pointed. It just looks flat IMO.

Looks great otherwise.

The middle neck on your back sprites seems way longer compared to the other necks. Perhaps you can try shortening it just a tad bit?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for the feedback on my front sprite changes. I have added the following front sprites to my final submission posted earlier:

I also made some tweaks to my back sprites to correspond with the changes to the front sprites, but those changes are not significant enough to warrant re-posting here.

Unless I've made some big mistake, I don't plan to change these sprites any more. Frankly, I'm "sprited out". The only reason I made these latest changes to my fronts, were at the behest of a few users that felt like a few key changes could really make a difference. I will admit, I do like the new front sprites better. But, I don't think I can stand to look at a magnified 80x80 pixel grid any longer. It's been a fun project, but I'm done.

Thanks to all the spriters for contributing to CAP8. All the sprites are wonderful!

lmfao doug, your comments on the 80x80 grid made me rofl. Back on topic, your sprite is looking toy. no, really its one of the top contenders to win this cap poll.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Final Submission

Well this is it. Thanks for the suggestions and support, everyone! I hope you like the final product. See you at the polls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)