Assumptions and Bluffs - An OU [Pass the Trash] Warstory

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heatran hits so many things for neutral damage, and OHKOs a lot of the things it hits SE with Fire Blast anyways, that Expert Belt really isn't worth it as an item.

To sum up what many are saying: Great read, great battle, excellent warstory. This is definitely one of my favorites so far.

I'll be eagerly anticipating your next one, man. Keep up the good work! :)

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This was fantastic - there's only one place for this, however I'll leave it just for the time being so some more people can have a comment.

EUM did it again. One of the best battlers + One of the battles + One of the best Warstory writers = One of the best Warstories. Not to mention, LR was in it!

haunter

Banned deucer.
EUM did it again. One of the best battlers + One of the battles + One of the best Warstory writers = One of the best Warstories. Not to mention, LR was in it!
Quoted for the truth. This warstory was amazing. Great battle, great format, great commentary. Congratulatios EUM!

Incredible Warstory. LR seems to be making an appearance in many warstories nowadays. Awesome format and you know on that damage calc did you put in the shuca berry into account?

great warstory, kept me hooked until the end. Easy to read, great prediction, very close, not too long or short.
Best thing after the warstory was the arrows at the start. :D

That was pretty fucking awesome o_o
That had me at like the edge of my seat, amazing warstory right there
great battle on both sides as well!

This warstory was incredible! Amazing battle and commentary that kept me hooked from the beginning to the end - I was practically on the edge of my seat when it was down to Heatran + Gliscor. Truly a 5 star effort. Looking forward to seeing this archived.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Outstanding Warstory. To me the only real question mark was why LR used Outrage on Cresselia instead of Waterfall first. He wasn't KOing either way, and 30% flinch could've made a huge difference. Excellent example of how good comments make a good battle into a great Warstory.

This is superb. They way you planned the lategame after you aknowledge all of LR's team within the time limit and despite being involved into the match is simply beyond my possibility. Kudos to you!

Archive this warstory for posterity^^

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd been waiting for this, and wow it was excellent :). I'm glad I left it up to you to warstory this match because I really doubt I could have done it as well. I'd move this to the archive straightaway if I could :P, now we just need a third decider match in the archive to finish it off lol. Awesome read, and good game.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hehe, i saw this live, and i have to say it was an amazing battle. Great job Mortus, excellent warstory, keep it going man

Edit: Lol, just noticed my comments there x)
Edit 2: GOD DAMNIT LR, I planned reading that fucking Harry Potter book in vacations, thanks bro >:(
Lol, sorry, I forgot some people haven't read the book yet. It was all in jest, though; I guarantee you that Dumbledore does not die at the end of the seventh book.

I take it no used like a level one pokemon so they were essentally battling 6-5. And great battle. That magnezone would have really been usefull in that battle.
Using a Pokemon that was not competitively viable was against the tournament's rules.

Incredible Warstory. LR seems to be making an appearance in many warstories nowadays. Awesome format and you know on that damage calc did you put in the shuca berry into account?
When I did the actual damage calculation during the battle, I did place Shuca Berry into account. I didn't post the calculation anywhere in the story, though, but here it is:

236 Atk vs 248 Def & 323 HP (100 Base Power): 204 - 242 (63.16% - 74.92%)

Outstanding Warstory. To me the only real question mark was why LR used Outrage on Cresselia instead of Waterfall first. He wasn't KOing either way, and 30% flinch could've made a huge difference. Excellent example of how good comments make a good battle into a great Warstory.
I'm not sure whether or not LR knew it would KO, or perhaps he initially assumed that I was carrying Rest/Sleep Talk, seeing as Moonlight is pretty shoddy. Or he might have been trying to just weaken Cresselia enough so that Scizor would be able to switch into Moonlight.

Legacy Raider said:
I'd been waiting for this, and wow it was excellent :). I'm glad I left it up to you to warstory this match because I really doubt I could have done it as well. I'd move this to the archive straightaway if I could :P, now we just need a third decider match in the archive to finish it off lol. Awesome read, and good game.
Haha, an epic tiebreaker would be pretty neat. We'd probably have to pull out all the stops on that one, though. And again, thanks for letting me write it and for a well-played game.

And thanks to everyone else for reading and for all the positive comments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)