Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
updated the list

people who don´t post the facility name and/or battle mode but only the streak...well, you won´t see your name up there as I can´t add you if I can´t figure out where you battled :/

also, the "lowest streaks that make the list" in particular facilities and battle modes listed for singles also apply for doubles records in the same facility

yeah got platinum yesterday, I´m sure the frontier in my game is preparing itself for an heavy onslaught in the coming months :)

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
salamence hall stuff
to be perfectly and brutually honest i dont know why people are still trying to use salamence in the battle hall, especially just one salamence set. that may not seem like the most fair thing to say because et and i have probably done more hall theorymon than anyone here but i am serious—you guys are wasting your time if you think you're going to get past 300 or even 200 without immense luck.

more importantly, this is a records thread. if you're posting because you just want to give us all a play-by-play of you getting a gold symbol that would be ok...if there werent already like five people who have used salamence to get over 170 (you're nowhere near a "record" yet and shouldn't be giving us so many updates as if you are).

if you are posting because you do indeed plan on using just this one salamence to get a record, you have other problems, ones already posted itt and other ones ET and I have known about for weeks. sash is definitely the best item overall but your and basically everyone else's posts itt seem to completely miss the fact that if you actually do use sash and outrage/eq/hydro pump/fire move 100% of the time you still are going to get screwed by quite a few pokes:

H462 | Yanmega | Rash | Petaya Berry | Bug Buzz | Air Slash | Endure | Reversal | Def/SpA

sash outrage will not kill yanmega, and if it has speed boost, you lose almost every time to AS+AS (mainly because you have a 3 SpD IV for some reason on a poke you're using in a DPPT Records thread). FT wont kill either btw

H464 | Glaceon | Rash | Icy Rock | Hail | Blizzard | Ice Shard | Swift | Spd/SpA

sash/scarf is going to lose to this if blizzard hits, your salamence will never kill with outrage and it will ice shard you if you have a sash

i should even have to point this one out but:

H454 | Weavile | Adamant | Focus Sash | Night Slash | Ice Punch | Ice Shard | Quick Attack | Atk/Spd

if you want to rely upon luck like lordcaelus did (if you even planned on using a fire move on salamence past 170) that's one thing, but i dont think i have to point out the irony of you stating how much you hate quick claw (like anyone itt actually likes the item) and then winning with the 0.59% luck you need to beat weavile with a CH FT while not being frozen by ice punch

but if you use swagger on sala like you're supposed to, then you're going to have a rough time beating this:

H411 | Scizor | Brave | Focus Sash | Swords Dance | X-Scissor | Counter | Bullet Punch | HP/Atk

for reasons already stated itt. then there's:

H461 | Togekiss | Modest | BrightPowder | Air Slash | Aura Sphere | Thunder Wave | Roost | SpA/SpD

which your sash outrage will never ohko, and when this thunderwaves you (not if, this thunderwaved my kingdra first turn both times, second time i protected turn one and got it to use air slash turn two after i yawned) you're in trouble. "finally":

H449 | Bronzong | Quiet | Leftovers | Extrasensory | Flash Cannon | Trick Room | Protect | Def/SpA

you dont 2HKO this with flamethrower even if bronzong is not heatproof, and you of course have to use FT first or you'll have an even worse chance, extrasensory flinch means you lose

gonna stop there, every pokemon but glaceon that ive listed is a dual-type

again, i'm being "harsh" because you either have no chance of breaking even 250 if you stick with one set or because you are giving us a play-by-play of a pokemon many people have already used past 170 wins (i wouldnt be as harsh if this were another facility where more than one pokemon made up a "team").

tldr everybody stop posting about salamence unless you are at at least 250 wins and have an interesting warstory or whatever

157 Win Streak snapped by a Staraptor with Focus Sash, Close Combat, and Quick Attack. I was using this:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

When I beat the psychic and ghost ranks I was using Shadow Claw > Extremespeed, then I used a Heart Scale to get it back. Staraptor's Close Combat brought me down to 1 HP, due to the Focus Sash. Thanks to Intimidate, Close Combat's defense drop essentially made my attack neutral, and Close Combat didn't OHKO in return. I clicked Extremespeed but the Staraptor used Quick Attack. I only have an attack IV of 16, would a perfect one grant me the necessary KO on Battle Hall Staraptor?

EDIT: I now realize my only chance would be Thunder/Ice Punching it, hoping for the status, then finishing it with Extremespeed. However, at the time I didn't realize it.

Well, you won't be hearing me post in this thread about the Battle Hall for a little while. Guess why?

...I failed out against an Ursaring. I used Outrage, he was in the red, he used Frustration, I used Outrage again and he got the Focus Band, then he used Rest. Blah blah blah I don't want to talk about the rest. I should have used Earthquake first. =[ 109 win streak, if that matters.

Maybe i'll try using a Porygon-Z sometime if I get one. STAB Adaptability boosted Hyper Beam + 369/405 Sp Atk = donuts, especially since (hopefully) the recharge turn won't matter when you'll be OHKO'ing most things.

Well, you won't be hearing me post in this thread about the Battle Hall for a little while. Guess why?

...I failed out against an Ursaring. I used Outrage, he was in the red, he used Frustration, I used Outrage again and he got the Focus Band, then he used Rest. Blah blah blah I don't want to talk about the rest. I should have used Earthquake first. =[ 109 win streak, if that matters.

Maybe i'll try using a Porygon-Z sometime if I get one. STAB Adaptability boosted Hyper Beam + 369/405 Sp Atk = donuts, especially since (hopefully) the recharge turn won't matter when you'll be OHKO'ing most things.
ScarfKiss is superior IMO, with better defenses, Air Slash, and Serene Grace, which can get you out of tough situations, where Porygon-Z would have to hope to OHKO them. Hyper Beam is so powerful that the lower special attack and no Adaptability rarely matters(still OHKOs every Electric, barring Magnezone).

Hi, so I got a streak of 60 in Single Battle Castle today with 547 CPs. Honestly I could have continued, but I just didn't really feel like continuing because I was feeling a bit bored or something, and then just played poorly and lost. I used nearly the same team as my Battle tower team, except with Electivire instead of Metagross:

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Timid / Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP 252 Sp Attack 252 Speed
IVs: 29 / 29 / 25 / 29 / 30 / 31
- Surf / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Psychic

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly / Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP 4 Attack 4 Defense 252 Speed
IVs: 20 / 31 / 27 / 16 / 31 / 31
- Substitute / Spore / Leech Seed / Facade

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant / Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed (I think?)
IVs: 31 attack and speed, and I don't remember the rest.
- Thunderpunch / Ice Punch / Low Kick / EQ

Lost to a team of Moltres, Suicune, Latias. I used CPs to check my opponent's team, and upgraded Moltres by 5 levels, cuz I figured Starmie can OHKO anyway.

Anyway, so the battle started. Starmie fails to OHKo Moltres by a thin line of red, but Moltres was absorbing light for a solarbeam anyway, so missing the KO didn't matter. Thunderbolt KO'd Moltres the next turn since Tbolt's PP was still full while Surf's isn't. Suicune comes out. I was thinking I should probably just switch to breloom to spore and stall, but then I figured whatever, I'll just Tbolt and see how much damage it does. It did a bit less than half and Mirror Coat KOs Starmie. Breloom then comes in to do its Spore Sub Leech Seed thing. The thing is.. I COULD have kept a SUB up to face Latias, but I didn't, because I was stupid and just wanted to finish the battle faster lol, so yah, Latias outspeeds and used Zen Headbutt to KO, which then made me realize that I was in deep trouble since if it has Zen Headbutt it probably has EQ which will probably OHKO Electivire, and... yah, it outspeeds Electivire and OHKOs with EQ. O well. I'm happy with just getting the goldprint for now, so now I can just move on to get the goldprint for something else... probably pokemon arcade, but I'm probably going to breed for another team, since I don't want to be using the same thing over and over again (plus my breloom without toxic orb doesn't work in battle arcade anyway).

By the way, does anyone know whether or not Rotom appliance formes work in battle frontier facilities? I haven't used one of those things before, so I thought maybe I'll try.

battle hall: 173 wins

garchomp@focus sash
jolly, 252 atk, 252 spd

outrage
earthquake
fire blast
substitute

well i finally reached the frontier and decided to tackle the factory first, but after 5 tries and a record of 31 wins i changed my mind and went to the battle hall, i first tried a slaking and reached 158 wins but i lost so many times due to hax (in battle 159 i lost because slaking missed earthquake 2 times against the brightpowder tentacruel and then he stalled me with dive) that i just took the easy way and picked a garchomp i already had trained and i got my coloured print, i pretty much keep substitute in the moveset because i´m too lazy to change it, but it turned out to save me in more than a couple of times against pokes with confuse ray and counter (umbreon for example) i lost at battle 174 to a yanmega, garchomp can´t ohko with outrage or a fire move, yanmega 2hko garchomp with air slash and speed boost, a stone edge hit will ohko yanmega but if it misses you´re dead.

Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower, Single Challenge 189*

(Sorry for terrible quality, phone camera and I can update later)

Team POUNDS (Lbs)

Latias Lvl.50 ** Or Treat
Timid - Levitate - Choice Scarf
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Spe
~Trick
~Thunder Wave
~Charm
~Flash

HP: 186 Att: 77 Defense: 141 Special Attack: 129 Special Defense: 150 Speed: 143

Blissey Lvl.50 ** Ignorance
Bold - Natural Cure - Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
~Softboiled
~Aromatherapy
~Shock Wave (Thinking about Counter, but SW has worked on Double Teamers)
~Seismic Toss

HP: 361 Att: 26 Defense: 68 Special Attack: 95 Special Defense: 155 Speed: 75

Scizor Lvl.50 ** RockPaper
Adamant - Technician - Sitrus Berry
32 HP/ 252 Att/ 216 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Substitute
~Superpower

HP: 149 Att: 200 Defense: 120 Special Attack: 55 Special Defense: 96 Speed: 113

I've put a lot of work into this streak and I'm sort of burnt out at the moment, but I'm sure I'll continue in the future.

Strategy:
Turn 1 w/ Latias means trick (unless you're fighting a garchomp, since outrage can blow scizor up before he can set up). After that you can charm/twave the opponent if they're a physical attacker or flash them if they're OHKOer or Special Attacker. If you catch them in a status move or a poison move, switch to Scizor and set up. Otherwise charm them down or make them struggle special moves through Blissey. Just keep track of the opponent's PP and you can win most battles easily.

Latias and Scizor complement each other very well in terms of weaknesses, so when the opponent locks on a 2x attack on latias, it will only be .5x against scizor. Also, charm is just nice to have, even when the opponent is struggling charm is beneficial. Blissey has saved my ass many, many times so I'm satisfied with her at this set up.

***THREATENING LEADS LIST***
1. Pinsir (OHKO Quick Claw)
1. Crawdaunt (OHKO Quick Claw)
1. Rhydon (OHKO Quick Claw)
1. Seaking (OHKO Quick Claw)
4. Kingler (OHKO)
4. Gliscor (OHKO)
4. Rapidash (OHKO)
4. Dewgong (OHKO)
4. Nidoking (OHKO)
4. Glalie (OHKO)
4. Lapras (OHKO)
4. Abomasnow (OHKO)
4. Walrein (OHKO)
4. Articuno (OHKO)
15. Metagross (Clear Body)
16. Garchomp (Outrage STAB Weak, still rocks Scizor)
16. Dragonite (Outrage STAB Weak, still rocks Scizor)
18. Infernape (Flare Blitz)

Here's an interesting warstory where I messed up terribly, but Blissey was the bomb:

Lead: Infernape @ Kings Rock. Flare Blitz turn one after Trick. Flare Blitz turn two. I thunder wave and die after getting one charm off.

I send in scizor, I should have substituted twice so it takes enough recoil to be within death range of superpower, but opted instead to swords dance and hope for a Paralyze (dumb, dumb move). I got Flare Blitz'd in the face and died. Send in Blissey to finish the job after taking one flare blitz.

2nd: Gallade... omg. But it's the Psycho Cut version, I toss and boil, alternating until Gallade goes down, and I don't get crit once (lucky).

3rd: Entei, calm mind variant who fire blasts and runs leftovers. I start off with seismic toss and he CMs. I toss again and he blasts me. I boil to full hp and his FB misses. I toss and he Blasts, missing again. I toss and he blasts and it hits. He's within range, I toss twice and he goes down. Blissey 3, opponent 0.

I'll continue this streak in the future. Thanks to Jump and Peterko and everyone else who contributes to this Battle Tower forum. It's been my dream for a long time to get on the list, and that's actually the reason I joined Smogon a while back. My team is too similar to Jump's in my opinion, but I tried not to make an exact replica.

By the way, does anyone know whether or not Rotom appliance formes work in battle frontier facilities? I haven't used one of those things before, so I thought maybe I'll try.
Sad to report Rotom's various forms do not work. Rotom reverts back to its original. :(

Platinum Battle Tower Single Streak - 105

Well, this is my first time posting, so I'll try to make it quick. I am currently at 105, and am going to take a break and decorate my secret base, ets. My team is not very origional, but I did make a few changes. Also, I noticed that yawn-based teams are not being used much in Platinum, so maybe this will renew interest in them. I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this thread (I have been reading it religously for the last 5 weeks), and especially FastHippo, whose teams/strategy was very helpful! The strategy is pretty simple - yawn on the first turn unless I know I can 1 or 2HKO safely w/thunderbolt. In that case, yawn on the first turn with the second enemy. Then, switch in one of the sweepers, SD, and, uh, sweep.

Jolteon "Shocks" - Focus Sash
Jolly 167 hp/75atk/78d/109spatk/111spdef/195speed
Flash
Yawn
Wish
Thunderbolt

This one came from the main site, but I think I changed it a bit. It origionally had charm instead of thunderbolt. I put in magnet rise for a while, but wasn't able to predict moves well enough to make it work. Thunderbolt was added after Slowking 810 swept my team, and it has proven to be quite handy. It can 2HKO most water types, and can 1HKO Gyrados, which is always nice. I didn't EV for Special Attack at all, so that was all just a bonus to me. With this speed, almost nothing in the tower is faster without a held item. Wish is good for either flashing down the opponent's poke, or giving a free sub to a teammate when I know jolt is going to die.

Scizor "Red Menace" -Sitrus Berry
Adamant 146 hp / 199 Atk/ 120 D/ 62 sp atk/ 89 sp def/ 93 speed
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Substitute
Superpower

Garchomp "Land Shark" - Lum Berry
Jolly 173HP/167Atk/109D/xx/xx/169 speed 31 Speed IV
Outrage
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Substitute

Well, everyone uses both of the sweepers, so I'll just say that they complement each other well. The only thing that will make one of them switch is a fire type for Scizor, and ice type for Garchomp. In that case, switch away, but beware of cheap OHKO pokes like Walrein 736. I do play them differently, though - I will continue SDing until Scizor's Sub breaks, and then fight. However, I usually only SD once for Garchomp. Outrage just leaves him too exposed, and he doesn't have a priority move to take out all of the quick claw/choice scarf pokes out there. Also, I am more likely to switch in Scizor to absorb the second attack of the battle, after Jolteon has yawned, to get a jump on the competition. As far as I can tell, that's the whole point of the sitrus berry.

This team has to look out for all of the pokes that know both fire and ice moves, like Aerodactyl 579. I wound up printing out the whole list and highlighting all of the potential threats, so I could make safe switches in battle. That's what finally got me past the 70's.

If anyone would like to see the 105 battle, it is on wifi 81-97442-76344.
Thanks again for all your help!

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll continue this streak in the future. Thanks to Jump and Peterko and everyone else who contributes to this Battle Tower forum. It's been my dream for a long time to get on the list, and that's actually the reason I joined Smogon a while back. My team is too similar to Jump's in my opinion, but I tried not to make an exact replica.
thanks, and i'll give you a little input on somethings you dont have on your threat list:

Tauros: one has CB and if you trick this you are probably going to lose

Staraptor: one has CB and if you trick this you're like definitely going to lose since scizor will only be able to SD once and cant sub

Aerodactyl: CB, if this uses SE and not dragon claw you're kind of in trouble

Arcanine: flare blitz/tf/end/rev, blitz is the strongest move again latias and while you'll be able to get three charms...you won't get set up against anything. if you're facing a black belt or a battle girl you are kind of going to be fucked by this and Infernape for the same reason

Haryiama: fake out/fling/revenge/payback. if you don't stay in turn one for the fake out then switch scizor into the fling, it will fling its tricked choice scarf at you and payback will kind of be annoying, as will guts revenge on scizor

you have things like metagross and rapidash on your list but i dont think you fully realize how much worse these are for your team than mine: if metagross gets one boost it is capable of 2HKOing scizor even with sitrus (48-57%), which is unlikely but what is worse is that you aren't guaranteed an OHKO with even +4 superpower. in the other thread i posted about a turn two metagross gaying my scizor with quick claw and leaving Latios to face it at 100%. i got incredible luck to beat it with unboosted latios, but i would not have been able to do that if i weren't faster than it. it missed twice with MM, but would have to miss your blissey three times while you can only 4HKO with toss.

rapidash is even worse because if you trick it into horn drill it has two cracks at latias which is a 51% chance, then blissey is slower and a sitting duck for like ever and so is scizor because it can't even 3HKO with unboosted bullet punch...and if you chance using superpower then using bullet punch you're obviously going to be "negatively" set up. blissey is a nice security blanket but its inability to really attack is probably going to cost you in the long run

thanks, and i'll give you a little input on somethings you dont have on your threat list:

Tauros: one has CB and if you trick this you are probably going to lose

Staraptor: one has CB and if you trick this you're like definitely going to lose since scizor will only be able to SD once and cant sub

Aerodactyl: CB, if this uses SE and not dragon claw you're kind of in trouble

Arcanine: flare blitz/tf/end/rev, blitz is the strongest move again latias and while you'll be able to get three charms...you won't get set up against anything. if you're facing a black belt or a battle girl you are kind of going to be fucked by this and Infernape for the same reason

Haryiama: fake out/fling/revenge/payback. if you don't stay in turn one for the fake out then switch scizor into the fling, it will fling its tricked choice scarf at you and payback will kind of be annoying, as will guts revenge on scizor

you have things like metagross and rapidash on your list but i dont think you fully realize how much worse these are for your team than mine: if metagross gets one boost it is capable of 2HKOing scizor even with sitrus (48-57%), which is unlikely but what is worse is that you aren't guaranteed an OHKO with even +4 superpower. in the other thread i posted about a turn two metagross gaying my scizor with quick claw and leaving Latios to face it at 100%. i got incredible luck to beat it with unboosted latios, but i would not have been able to do that if i weren't faster than it. it missed twice with MM, but would have to miss your blissey three times while you can only 4HKO with toss.

rapidash is even worse because if you trick it into horn drill it has two cracks at latias which is a 51% chance, then blissey is slower and a sitting duck for like ever and so is scizor because it can't even 3HKO with unboosted bullet punch...and if you chance using superpower then using bullet punch you're obviously going to be "negatively" set up. blissey is a nice security blanket but its inability to really attack is probably going to cost you in the long run
I've yet to face Metagross or CB Tauros in the lead, but I have faced Arcanine, Infernape, Staraptor, Aerodactyl, Hariyama and Rapidash in leads with similar plays. What usually happens involves a TWave / Noneffective moves against Scizor. I substitute against recoilers and against OHKOers (if they're TWaved after double switching it's not that difficult).... i'll keep theorymonning for solutions

EDIT: lol i just scared myself it was leftovers tauros and not difficult

Jump, would you recommend Counter over SWave?

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Battle Hall had really been annoying to me, so I decided to see what I could do in the Battle Factory. Well, I managed to do something.. No gold print, but a streak at Level 100 Battle Factory: 36.

I ended up losing to the Life Orb Tauros. Rain was falling and I sent Kingdra out. Hydro Pump missed twice, letting Tauros KO me, and Aerodactyl gets sent out, Stone Edge missed as well. Aerodactyl survived the Rock Slide and hit the second time, but I couldn't get CB Stone Edge to OHKO the Mamoswine, being KOed by Iron Head.

Oh well, it was a nice run, now I'll head back to the tower.

Peterko

Never give up!
hahaha oh my god what the hell

I didn´t think the fagtory could get any worse than in emerald, well I was wrong

there is no way I´m gonna get gold in there...seriously in the 40 or so battles I had, every other move was a CH, I got frozen, paralyzed, flinched, hurt myself in confusion 4 times, slept for 4 turns, foe used sandstorm+sand veil (chomp, dugtrio) and I missed 3 times in a row, etc., etc., just ridiculous

but whatever, it´s still fun, but for how long?

my streaks so far were 10, 3, 7 and just lost to thorton the hacker (battle #21) with a pretty nice team (special DM-thrower-pump salamence, DD-waterfall-outrage-ironhead kingdra and physical magmortar), because he had to CH stone edge sala turn1 with hariyama (10%, not that bad :/), then hit a CC against kingdra, which KOed harry after 1DD, then he brought a tauros (no intimidate yay) who was faster :/ and proceeded to hit 3/3 stone edges to seal the deal...right jump, SE is the worst attack, because they will hit you, but you just can´t afford to use it yourself :(

EDIT: ok the hariyama holds scope lens so it was a 20% probable CH stone edge :/

Jumpman16

my best is like 29 or something, i've only tried about 5 or 6 times because "for how long" for me is a simple "the first 14 battles." after my first round three started every battle was close, 15, 16, and after each one i started saying "the battle factory is stupid" even though i was still winning, lost to a thorton counter team which i say because in hindsight i dont see how i could have won against the matchup, and i lost at battle 30 like 5-6 weeks ago to last poke lax incense tangrowth against my spore breloom. whatever, the factory sucks, and after i get gold im not going back because all the other facilities are great (yes even hall)

Peterko

Never give up!
hmm I found an error in the database...kingdra 1 holds razor fang not razor claw...

aboma vs kingdra

kingdra uses surf, I clicked ice beam
aboma didn´t attack that turn...no PP wasted
he then CHed me with dragon pulse, 2-3

don´t know how, but managed to win 1-0, electivire beat kingdra, thunderpunch twice (first one paralyzed), then OHKOed wailord and cross chopped kanga for like 98% and kanga killed hersef with double-edge recoil....well this was battle #1

swapping kingdra to look at its item...YEAH RAZOR FANG

jump you probably made a mistake somewhere when doing the moveset list hmmm...did you do massive item replace? this would mean that all the razor claws are razor fangs and vice versa (depending on how you did this)

OK guys I am disappointed that noone figured this one out yet...and I find this after playing the frontier for what, 2.5 hours? ;)

EDIT: EVERYONE WHO PLAYS FACTORY, PAY ATTENTION TO RAZOR CLAW AND RAZOR FANG AND CHECK THE MOVESET LIST (we need to be 100% sure)

in round 1 of factory open level (battle 1-7) check
- dewgong, gyarados & kingdra (database says claw)
- cradily, armaldo, donphan, empoleon, granbull, luxray, marowak & skuntank (database says fang)

yeah looking at the movesets and considering how the frontier loves CHs I´d say our database is false

EDIT 2: the trainer in battle #7 of the open level (factory) uses set 2 pokémon, so
battle 1-6 = set 1 (IVs = 0)
battle 7-13 = set 2 (IVs = 4)
battle 14-20 = set 3 (IVs = 8)
battle 21-27 (including thorton) = set 4
battle 28+ (?)

EDIT 3: aerodactyl 2 holds a razor fang (flinch set) not razor claw

EDIT 4: mistake in the list above, I am facing tangrowth set 1 in battle #8...also luxray 1 and lapras 1

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleFrontierData.txt

That's the data I ripped from the game. After comparing it to Jumpman's list it seems like Jumpman swapped all instances of Razor Fang and Razor Claw. Also sometimes the lists disagree on which neutral nature a Pokemon has. I'm fairly certain, but not 100% confident that the neutral nature in my list is the correct one. It shouldn't matter too much, though. All the Pokemon listed as having "Quirky" will have the same neutral nature, I'm just not sure if it is actually "Quirky". Same with the other 4 neutral natures. If you can find one Pokemon of each nature, you can verify if my list is correct or not.

Peterko

Never give up!
thanks TRE

battle factory single battle open level record: 34 (26 trades)

#8 – tangrowth1, luxray1, lapras1 (IVs = 0)
#9 – espeon1, charizard1, ambipom1 (IVs = 0)
#10 – absol1, mismagius1 (IVs = 0), kangaskhan1
#11 – shiftry2, dewgong, slaking2 (IVs = 4) – battle girl ingrid
#12 – weavile1, machamp1 (IVs = 0), froslass1 – reporter dot
#13 – floatzel2 (IVs = 4), mamoswine2, tentacruel2 – cyclist kaylene
#14 – ninetales3, infernape, toxicroak3 – pkmn breeder baldwin

6-to-choose-from = wailord3, jolteon3, rhydon3 (IVs = 8), gastrodon3, arcanine4 (IVs = 12),probopass3 –> 12 swaps in 14 battles

#15 – porygon2 3 (IVs = 8), flygon3, quagsire3 – pkmn breeder tatyana
#16 – lanturn2, medicham2, drapion2 – veteran eric
#17 – glaceon3, nidoking3, ninetales3 – pkmn breeder howard
#18 – ambipom3, roserade3 (IVs = 8), cradily3 – scientist brad
#19 – steelix2, whiscash2, swampert2 (IVs = 4) – veteran padgett
#20 – probopass2, tauros2, kanqaskhan2 – battle girl kodi
#21 – latias2, rhyperior4, raikou4 – factory head thorton

6-to-choose-from = aerodactyl3 (IVs = 16), jolteon4 (IVs = 12, razor fang), exeggutor4 (IVs = 12), gyarados3 (IVs = 16), arcanine4 (IVs = 12), golduck4 (IVs = 12) –> 16 swaps in 21 battles

#22 – gardevoir, floatzel3, slowking3 – psychic alpha
#23 – vespiquen, rhyperior4, machamp4 (IVs = 12) – pkmn ranger deacon
#24 – donphan3 (IVs = 8), drapion3, cradily3 – clown prescot (double miss waterfall-thunderfang, drapion ice fang freezes gyarados, 3 leaf storms)
#25 – granbull4 (IVs = 12), typhlosion4, whiscash4 – pkmn ranger mercy (quake+giga impact, CH sunny overheat gyara 20HP left, stone edge)
#26 – claydol3 (IVs = 8), dusknoir3, dewgong3 – pkmn breeder adriana (horn drill eggy, reststall outrage, salac, stone edge)
#27 – flygon4, wailord4, miltank4 (IVs = 12) – ace trainer marcy
#28 – gastrodon3, rhydon1, nidoqueen3 – rich boy daulton

6-to-choose-from = rhydon4 (IVs = 16), granbull 3 (IVs = 20), hypno4 (IVs = 20), ninetales4 (IVs = 20), drifblim3 (IVs = 16), ursaring3 (IVs = 16) –> 22 swaps in 28 battles

#29 – golduck4, starmie1 (IVs = 16), arcanine – lady amory (icy wind misses, ice beam, psychic KO, protect, hydro pump, facade KO, surf, QC megahorn, quake KO
#30 – gyarados4 (IVs = ), glalie4, lucario4 – ace trainer daniela
#31 – zapdos2 (IVs = 16), leafeon2, moltres2 – school kid keon
#32 – floatzel, heracross, vespiquen – dragon tamer erich
#33 – slaking4, blissey, slowking – dragon tamer harold
#34 – dewgong4, ninetales4, mr.mime4 – ace trainer zane (bolt, ice bea, bolt, light screen, extrasensory, bolt, something KO, thrower CH 15 left, facade, focus blast missed, facade KO)
#35 – quagsire2, lopunny2, venusaur2 – bird keeper sally (*********************swearing************)

well, yeah...I almost broke something, punched my hand...whatever

my fault, that quagsire has only dive, I should´ve switched in uber ursa and facade the hell out of it, instead I used ominius wind but failed to KO (no boost of course) and he cursed like 4-5 times and then dive 2HKOed zapdos

facade fainted quagsire..she sent out the freaking bitch bunny who sweet kissed my uberursa who hurt itself once, she focused her freaking punch while ursa hurt himself again ._.

rhydon the absolute uber pokémon of all in the frontier (also in emerald) quaked the bitch twice through attrafusion DIE BITCH

well I quickly remembered that no type focus...no water type yay...she sent out gaga drain venusaur :/ who OHKOed my lovely rhydon who was about to horn drill, no QC activation :(

I almost lost at #29 because as you see, two water pokémon...and look at what my 6 were, only poor drifblim with bolt which didn ´t even attack once in that battle...rhydon saved my butt with a QC megahorn vs starmie that I called :D

EDIT: yeah the trainers seem to be the key...in the earlier rounds at least, trainer-set-IVs; battle #7 in each set of 7 is somehow randomized...thorton is a cheater who used 2 legendaries against me in battle #21

Jumpman16

OK guys I am disappointed that noone figured this one out yet...and I find this after playing the frontier for what, 2.5 hours? ;)
yeah i know, i asked people to double check when i did it because i wasnt 100% sure about some of the items, fixed my post. to be fair to everyone else razor claw/fang doesnt matter that much when then AI can evidently queue up CHes and flinches whenever it wants (and if you are playing factory you wont get a ch/flinch when you need it a la stone edge)!!!

factory is retarded good luck seriously, i hope you get a streak of 100 and i 100% mean that, "we" deserve it and it kind of goes to show that skill goes out the window because again (not to brag) we kind of know alot about the factory by now, both emerald and plat, and both databases of pokes, enough for me to agree that rhydon is indeed the most uber from both adv and dppt and for you to agree that "the factory is hard/retarded"

Peterko

Never give up!
interesting, thorton used 2 legendaries against me yet again at #21...what the hell

this time it was physical entei who beat my crobat, HP in red though
swiched in thick fat hariyama who entei iron headed, no flinch, t-punch KO, life orb damage
he brought regirock wo was faster (cheater thorton with better IVs), curse, I missed with dynamicpunch,
second punch hit for 50%, he cursed again,
DP missed, rock hurt itself
DP missed (3 of 4), he hit me with something...yeah hammer arm for the KO
electivire comes out
quake about 15-20%, stone edge missed
quake about 15-20%, very low HP, SE hit for the win

by the way, does anybody know what he calcs at the beginning? first time I lost, he said 98%, then I won, it was like 17%, now I lost and it was 95%

maybe that´s the probability of him winning (?)

No doubt Thorton is cheating, hmm. When i first fought him he said 89%, and he won, I fought him again, and he said 17%, and I won.
It might be the proberbility of him winning, but how could he calculate that? I supose he could look at each pokemon undividualy, compare them to his own, and see which should win. But that wouldn't explain how he could come up with numbers like 98%.

Yeah it's weird. It seems like it's almost random... but I was under the impression that you'd get a higher percent if your team has various different types for better resistance/coverage/whatever. Like, I remember I had a dragon + steel + electric/water twice and both times he said something above 90% (and one of them I actually lost).

But then another time, I had 2 water types and a Tangrowth, and he said I had 22%, but I won still, with all my pokemon at full health at the end of the battle too lol, because I led with:

612 | Milotic | Impish | Leftovers | Toxic | Confuse Ray | Double Team | Aqua Ring | HP/Def

and I think he led with:

949 | Cresselia | Modest | Leftovers | Psychic | Ice Beam | Signal Beam | Moonlight | HP/Def/SpD

... which allowed me to easily totally set up my DTs and aqua ring.

I'm at 28 for factory right now... last few attempts went like: 34, 20, 33, 6, 1, 1, 13... pretty random... hopefully at least break 34 this run.

Peterko

Never give up!
the only time I beat him, I had arcanine, swampert and roserade vs his latias, rhyperior and raikou

arcanine crunch+ES latias and swampert beat rhyperior and raikou

yeah I think the % is how well he thinks his team will do..he had a very slim chance to win against the above and he called it :o, so he knows what he´s doing

I also tried lv.50 factory:

1. for me, it´s a lot more fun than open level

2. it´s harder than open level, if only because there are higher stat differences/gaps between first stage pokémon which evolve twice (starters), first stages of 2 stage pokémon (like growlithe or magby), second stages and stand alone pokémon...I lost 3-4 times only because of being overpowered, once a chatter-swift neutral hitting chatot 3-0ed me :(

my best is 13 so far, which is ridiculously low :)

Level 50 battle factory is noticeably more difficult than open level if you've played it. The highest I've ever gotten in it is 18 and the threats can vary from anything from venonats' to murkrow:)

H374 | Pidgeot | Modest | Wise Glasses | Ominous Wind | Heat Wave | Air Slash | Uproar | Spd/SpA

I can't believe it was THAT Pokemon that ended my Battle Hall streak, when I managed to survive a Weavile and a Scyther in my Alakazam run... I had gone through all the potentially problematic types: Dark, Ice, Steel, Bug, Flygin, Psychic, Dragon and Ghost. The rest were a pretty easy, Rock, Water, Ground, Fighting... I was going to leave Poison for last, as I could use the best moveset for coverage against the Battl Hall Brain, once I got to Battle 170.

But of course, in the Rank 9 Normal battle, I face this Pidgeot. I check the database to see if I can just Counter it and see it is special, I run the calc and see Psychic 2HKO's, and I'm way faster so I'm safe. I Psychic for 90%, Pidgeot uses Ominous Wind for 50% and gets the boost... It then outspeeds me and KO's me with Heat Wave. If I had gone with my gut and used Timid over Modest, this would not have happened. I know I can break 170+ with Alakazam, I've worked hard theorymoning alot, but when a fucking Pidgeot beats you, it kind of puts you down and I think I'm going to take a break before trying the Battle Hall again.

EDIT: Instead I gave it another go. Only had Electric, Poison and Fire to go. Of course now MINUN decides to end my streak, as I get fully paralyzed after a Thunder Wave and it 2HKO's with Thunderbolt. I beat Scizor and Weavile, but I lost to Pidgeot and Minun... So pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)