Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Can RNG be used in fire red/ leaf green just like in EMERALD?

Can someone tell me if RNG is usable in fir red and leaf green. Im searching the threads here in smogon and still i did not see anything about it. Pls tell me where I can find it

The reason why nobody talks about it is because it's not broken.=P

So yeah, FR/LG and R/S's RNGs aren't broken. Only Emerald and D/P/Pt's RNGs so far are able to be worked with.

Shiny Illumise

Hi everyone,
I caught a shiny Illumise naturally in my ruby version recently, however it has a bold nature. Here are its details:

Illumise
Lv13
BOLD nature

HP: 39 Sp.Atk 27
Attack: 17 Sp.Def 24
Defense: 22 Speed 27

The question is, i would like to train this pokemon (yes i know illumise and with this nature is pretty silly) but anyway, how can i make this pokemon the best it can be, what moveset would suit the bold nature or how can i make use of this shiny pokemon. Would it help if I traded it to diamond/pearl/platinum to improve it? I can use it as a battler or for contests. thanks for the help

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alright thanks. Also, another simple question for a simple answer. Can Sand Attack hit Flying-type Pokemon? I've never really seen the outcome of such an attack, and I know it's Ground-type so I assume it's going to miss it, but I've never done it in R/B/Y to see if it hits.
Actually sand attack does hit flying types. Similarly, confuse ray and night shade will hit normal types, counter and seismic toss will hit ghosts etc.

The only non damaging attack that will fail because of type in RBY that I can think of is thunderwave..

Edit: Instead of taking up another post, might as well ask it in this same post since my question above hasn't been answered yet, so this way I'll hopefully get my two questions answered. Anyways, onto my 2nd question. If you score a Critical Hit, does the Critical Hit negate or add STAB if a STAB move occurs?

Here is the scenario: I have a Persian with Slash. My opponent has, oh lets say a Chansey (the Chansey doesn't really matter, I'm just randomly throwing it in there so my opponent has a Pokemon for you to image being fought against). My Persian uses Slash, and since my Speed stat is a lot of higher than my opponents Pokemon I have a higher success rate of a Critical Hit %. So since stat-up moves like Swords Dancing up negates the CH of Slash, does this occur with STAB? Since Persian is Normal-type and so is Slash it gets the STAB 1.5 bonus, but will it add to Slash's power with a CH or will it just be a CH with no STAB damage added? Also, how much more damage does a CH do? Is there a set percentage/decimal number for the damage? Like how STAB is always x1.5+ damage. Would a Critical Hit be just as much damage as a STAB hit?
you still get STAB bonus (and super effective bonuses) with Critical Hits. Critical hits roughly double the damage you cause. It actually doubles your level in the damage formula, so you usually get slightly under double damage.

Have a nice day.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone,
I caught a shiny Illumise naturally in my ruby version recently, however it has a bold nature. Here are its details:

Illumise
Lv13
BOLD nature

HP: 39 Sp.Atk 27
Attack: 17 Sp.Def 24
Defense: 22 Speed 27

The question is, i would like to train this pokemon (yes i know illumise and with this nature is pretty silly) but anyway, how can i make this pokemon the best it can be, what moveset would suit the bold nature or how can i make use of this shiny pokemon. Would it help if I traded it to diamond/pearl/platinum to improve it? I can use it as a battler or for contests. thanks for the help
IMO, don't battle with it as Illumise isn't very good at battling, just keep it in a box for the respect of having a shiny pokemon.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The move deleter is over at Fuchsia City, at the house just left of the Pokemon Center. Not the second, but the first from the left.

This is a question about RNG Abuse in Emerald:

Say I want to get Latios at 6480 frames (1 minute 48 seconds), do I just click "Blue" (when the mom asks for the color) right when that amount of time has passed from when I loaded my account?

I'm getting really bad IVs and Natures on Latios so I think I'm really lost on how to RNG abuse for him (it's my first time trying to do something like this anyways).....

lastly, the delay would be 412 frames per second, but do I need to account for this since this delay is usually due to the action time when the pokemon moves. I'm not doing that here, since I'm just clicking on the color on the TV. Or am I mistaken? O.o

Can somebody explain how exactly I need to go about doing this because I've read the Smogon RNG abuse thread, etc.?

Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?
Unless you want moves like Baton Pass which only Eevee gets then there is no certain time to evolve it. The reason your Vaporeon's HP isn't at its max is because there aren't just EVs, pokemon also get IVs which go from 0-31 and since your Vaporeon doesn't have a 31 HP IV it wont get to the HP point you expected.

I've been out of the loop for quite some time, but IIRC, for Surfing Pikachu, it must be in your choice of 3 for every match, but doesn't actually need to battle.

Can someone please tell me which pokemon appear 100% of the time in Leaf Green and in which areas? It would help me alot . I know of Tangela, paras and hoppip and i think slugma and zubat. are there any more and if so, where are they located?

This may be considered a stupid question, but I'll shoot this one out there:

Can Pikachu learn Fly?

The reason I ask this is simply due to the intro movie in Pokemon Yellow, depicting a Pikachu flying with alot of balloons. I personally doubt it, yet I dunno if it's possible. I thought having a surfing Pikachu was ridiculous until I got Stadium.

This may be considered a stupid question, but I'll shoot this one out there:

Can Pikachu learn Fly?

The reason I ask this is simply due to the intro movie in Pokemon Yellow, depicting a Pikachu flying with alot of balloons. I personally doubt it, yet I dunno if it's possible. I thought having a surfing Pikachu was ridiculous until I got Stadium.
No, in the 1st and 2nd Generation games Pikachu does not get the move Fly. I believe it was just a rumor that it could learn Fly and Surf from Pokemon Stadium. But it only learns Surf from Stadium 1, no other Hm moves or any moves other than Surf I believe. I'm sure that's why in Gen 3 they released that Flying Pikachu for some occasion, or maybe because of the whole Balloon Yellow version Pikachu image.

Lol Sadly, even if you did get the Flyer from Gen 3, you can't PP it to DPP because of Fly is an HM move and you can't PP Pokemon into DPP without removing all HM's first. I found that to be pretty sad, they give you this awesome little Flying Pikachu, probably the only thing in the game without wings or something that really looks like it can't have Fly and they give it to Pikachu and then you can't use it in 4th gen lol.

~ Aether Nexus

Are there any pokemon/moves in DP that can hit alakazam for super effectife damage? or any psychic type for that matter? And if so, what moves would that be?

Actually, there was an extremely limited giveaway in Japan (long before the western releases of gen1, IIRC), where Pikachu was given away with FLY.

IIRC, it only lasted a few days at most, and the majority of people aren't even aware it even happened.

Confirmation of this is in the first Stadium game, where Pikachu has an animation for FLY (although no balloons are involved), and the move shows up as legitimate (It's white, like all other legitimate moves - Tradeback moves & illegal moves show up in a different colours)

Also, Darkxide, you're not on the D/P board here, although Bug moves do the job in R/B/Y. Look to the left of this post for one that could do the job, if it could survive a single hit...

A question about the plants blocking the room in sootopolis.

I googled it and I think it's something that need an E-Reader, and the plants block the room so that you shouldn't get in the room before you got in, becuase it would crash as the game wouldn't have it in it's data.
But what's there? Is it the Shiny Zigzagoon holding a Liechi Berry? I've heard of it but I don't know how to get it, so...

You know how in Emerald, when you go to Brendan or May's house, you see the little dude who, if you talk to him, he asks, "Do you already have your own Pokemon?" By any chance could that have any relation to Max, May's younger brother in the anime? According to Bulbapedia, it says that person is their unnamed younger brother. Does he serve any purpose other than a filler in their house, or is that the only thing he says, no matter what you do?

Asking that brings me back to the very first time I played Emerald, back in 2005, when I started up the game, went to Brendan's, saw the little guy and he asked if I had my own Pokemon. I thought, "Could that be Max?" lul.

This isn't really an important question, I'm just curious.
So I was catching Dittos in the Desert Underpass. Everything in my party (Abra, Magikarp, and Swellow) had PokeRus. The first Ditto I caught, it had PokeRus. Now I'm wondering, is it possible that that Ditto immediately caught PokeRus from one of my party members, or did I catch it like that? It's no big deal. I just wanted to know if I actually found PokeRus on my own (I don't remember where I intially got it, but I don't think I got it myself...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)