New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Jolteon, is it could probably not switch in for it's life. There are so many high powered Draco Meteors, Outrages, etc. Even with a Special Defense investment, it still has an extremely low HP stat.

Also, that Jolteon pretty much gives Groudon or Garchomp a free Swords Dance or Rock Polish, and Lugia is probably not going to care about the +1 Spacial Attack boost very much. (It might OHKO Garchomp instead of 2HKOing it, but that's pretty much it).

Yes, but the Baton Pass can almost always mean useless. Also, there's only a 10% chance for a Special Attack boost anyway.
Actually Charge Beam has a 70% chance of raising Jolteon's Special Attack, and passing that to a Scarf Kyogre while your opponent has a Garchomp or Groudon in (like you said) will defenitely not be useless.

Actually Charge Beam has a 70% chance of raising Jolteon's Special Attack, and passing that to a Scarf Kyogre while your opponent has a Garchomp or Groudon in (like you said) will defenitely not be useless.
Oh right, my bad.

Scarf Kyogre can be pretty threatening, but the fact that every Uber team prepares for Kyogre, and the fact that Jolteon needs to find a safe switch in JUST for a Special Attack boost for Kyogre isn't really worth it.

There are other things to Baton Pass too (obviously), but I can't think of much now, other than Scarf Palkia being able to 2HKO Wobbuffet with Spacial Rend (but cannot switch into an Earthquake).

Overall I still think it's a bit of a gimmick, but can work if you know what you're doing.

Gastrodon:@ Lum Berry/ Leftovers
252 hp, 252 def. 6 spatt
Bold
Sticky Hold
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Protect/ Counter
- Recover

It's a pretty cool lead if you ask me. Up there with Alakazam. Surf hits Azelf, Hippowdon and Swampert harder than Earth Power, the latter of those three are outstalled by Recover.Protect negates flinch from Fake Out and Metagross' Explosion while Counter beats Tyranitar easily. Prehaps the only lead that can truely take this on in the top ten is Bronzong. Everything else is taken down one way or another. Since Gastrodon can't Taunt, I personally would go and use a spinner with this to shut down the lead's options.

Alakazam:@ Focus Sash
Timid
252 Spatt, 252 Spd, 6 hp
Inner Focus
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Taunt
-Counter

Even though this takes less down than Gastrodon, Alakazam can Taunt, and is one of the fastest Taunters in the game. Psychic lols at Swampert and Signal Beam eats up Starmie. This lead was made when Lead Ape was all the rage, and I managed to beat them all. Signal Beam also knocks around Azelf and Obamasnow.

regarding that Kingdra:
I built one just after d/p came out with the exact same move set, and a far more balanced ev spread.
It's job was to crit as often as possible.
I ran into a couple issues.
1 hydro pump sucks. Its acc is too unstable to be relied on as its primary damage dealer.
So, I replaced hydro pump with surf.
2, Focus energy never made a difference. Every time I used it, it made no effect on the battle.
So I replaced it with yawn.
I am proud to say that that kingdra survives longest of any thing on my team, and tends to take out 1 or more opponents a match.
I just wish I could remember the ev spread.

@boo836: The Gastrodon can usually only 2HKO the common leads (either due to Focus Sashes or not enough power). It also does not set up Stealth Rock or keep the opponent from setting up Stealth Rock, so if your opponent sets up Stealth Rock, does some damage (e.g. with Azelf's Psychic) and faints, your opponent is ahead. Gastrodon's lol speed puts it behind most other leads, so your opponent will almost always get SR. Gastrodon can't set up SR itself, while Swampert can. This Gastrodon lead looks like an inferior Swampert to me.

@RandomZod: If you're using that Kingdra in-game you can save, use EV-reducing berries, and count how many it takes to bring the EVs all the way down. This will give you a rough estimate of the EV spread.

Steelix @ leftovers
Sassy, 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD

earthquake
gyro ball
swagger
curse

the idea is to bring him in on a resisted/immune attack and swagger first turn. most people will immediately switch to a special attacker or wall breaking pokemon when steelix comes into play, so the swagger is generally free. special attackers get no bonuses from swagger, and will either risk hurting themselves or switch to another counter, giving you a potential free curse (and residual damage if they switch). any pokemon physically powerful enough to benefit from the swagger runs the risk of seriously hurting itself, or damaging your massive defenses. regardless, curse second turn.

after that get in curses when you feel like it's safe or wise to, swagger if you need to get a special attacker off your back, and gyro ball/EQ to dispose of your opponents. I use this set in OU with a vaporeon, so if I need to I can switch her into a surf, wish, and bring steelix back into the mix.

SD Infernape

Infernape @ Salac Berry
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-Mach Punch

Set up your Substitute and Swords Dance till +6 Attack.Continue to Sub until Salac activates.Then attack with STABed Blazed Fire Punch (which is approximately 200 BP)and Mach Punch.This works similarly to SubPetaya Empoleon.Only pokemon that resists this would have to be Hippowdon.I used this set and noticed some KOs against things:

Heatran - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch
Gyarados - 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(non-blazed)(OHKO with SR),after Intimidate
Vaporeon - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch
Scizor - OHKO with +0 Fire Punch
Jolteon - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch
Dusknoir - OHKO with +6 Blazed Fire Punch
Hippowdon - OHKO with +6 Blazed Fire Punch / 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(OHKO with SR)
Skarmory - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch / Chance of OHKO with +2 Fire Punch(OHKO with SR)
Infernape - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch / Sometimes OHKO with + 2 Mach Punch
Jirachi - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch / KO with +2 Fire Punch after SR
Alakazam - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch / OHKO with +2 Fire Punch ONLY if Salac Activates(so you outspeed it) barring scarf variants.
Azelf - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch , requires Salac to outspeed non-scarfed variants
Blissey - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch ( chance of OHKO with +2 Mach Punch after SR)
Celebi - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch after SR
Cresselia - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR
Dragonite - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR,Chance of OHKO with +4 Blazed Fire Punch after SR
Donphan - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Empoleon - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR , OHKO with +6 Mach Punch without SR
Gengar - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Non-scarfed variants
Togekiss - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Heracross - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Kingdra - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch ,chance to OHKO with +$ Mach Punch after SR,Requires Salac to outspeed after 1 Dragon Dance
Latias - Chance to OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR,OHKO with Blazed Fire Punch after SR
Lucario - OHKO with +2 Mach Punch
Machamp - 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(Bulky Machamp,Rest-talk) after SR , or OHKO with +6 Fire Punch(Normal Non bulky ) after SR
Magnezone - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch , OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Mamoswine - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch,OHKO with +2 Fire Punch, Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants.(Mach Punch has to be used to prevent Ice Shard,if you want take risk then use Fire Punch)
Salamence - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR after Intimidate,OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR(no Intimidate)
Metagross - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Ninjask - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch
Porygon-Z - OHKO with +2 Mach Punch after SR
Porygon-2 - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR
Rhyperior - Chance of OHKO with +6 Mach Punch
Rotom Forms - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Snorlax - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR before Curse
Smeargle - OHKO with +0 Mach Punch / Fire Punch
Starmie - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR
Suicune - Chance of OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR(if he has 0 Def / 4 HP , OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR )
Swampert - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch after SR
Tyranitar - 2OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR with Chople,OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR without Chople
Weavile - OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR without Chople
Zapdos - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR

Calculations are based on my experience.I have used Infernape for over 150 battles and has done very well based on my teams.

SD Infernape

Infernape @ Salac Berry
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-Mach Punch

Set up your Substitute and Swords Dance till +6 Attack.Continue to Sub until Salac activates.Then attack with STABed Blazed Fire Punch (which is approximately 200 BP)and Mach Punch.This works similarly to SubPetaya Empoleon.Only pokemon that resists this would have to be Hippowdon.I used this set and noticed some KOs against things:
... calculations...
B]Calculations are based on my experience.I have used Infernape for over 150 battles and has done very well based on my teams.[/B]
Okay, how exactly are you getting multiple Swords Dances? There are a very small few Pokemon who are INCAPABLE of doing around 50% to Infernape in a single hit. Meaning that the best you could possibly do is sub on the switch, swords dance once as they break your sub, then Sub down to a Salac Boost. Attempting to SD without an intact sub means that you WILL get KO'd. The only chance you have of even two SDs is if they miss a hit on your Sub.

And making the very very reasonable assumption that you will only have one SD, most of those alleged "OHKOs" you list are absolutely not OHKOs at all.

Considering that you will have max+ base 108 Speed, +1 from the Salac Berry as well, why are you running Mach Punch? The only Pokemon who could possibly outspeed Infernape at that point would be Scarfed base 110's and 115's, which are almost exclusively Fighting-resistant or Immune (Gengar, Azelf, Latias, Starmie, etc). Given Mach Punch's low power, you will barely scratch these Pokemon, even in the rare case where you end up with multiple SDs. This definitely needs to be Close Combat, which can actually overpower some of the Fighting resists that plague this set otherwise.

My other concern is that Fighting + Fire does not have very good coverage. By dropping the third attacking move for Sub, you open yourself up to being resisted by Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, Starmie, and Latias, all common and dangerous Pokemon.

Hi guys, I've been playing around with this guy and his set for a while, but i think i finally came up with something people could use him (Gliscor) for besides just a Lucario counter, or a wall/ sweeper. A lead. Yes, that's right, a lead Gliscor. Although people have used him as a lead in the past for getting stealth rock up, that was simply the bulky variant, playing around in the leads spot. This Gliscors set is purely for a lead spot. Without further adeu, let me present you with my creation. I call this "Lead-scorpion"

Gliscor @ Lefotvers
Ability: Sand veil/ Hyper cutter
Ev's: 252 Hp/ 80 Atk/ 104 Def/ 72 Spe
Impish nature (+ Def, - Spatk)
-Stealth Rock
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Knock Off/ U-turn

Before i accually go about explaining the Ev's/ moves on him, let me give you some of the assets Gliscor can bring to the table as a lead:

1) He has resistances to Poison, Fighting, and Bug, and complete immunities to Ground and Electric. Consider that the amount of leads out there today (Azelf, Metagross,infernape, Jirachi, Lucario ect.) are weak to ground/dark. The beautiful part about it is that the ones that are weak to ground, don't even carry shuca berrys on them. Knowing that metagross has explosion as well as azelf is frightening, but i'm almost 100% sure that you can take a hit from the explosion of an azelf with the ev's given at full health, but i'm not sure about metagross, considering that beastly attack stat. With knock off, gliscor can effectively handle choice users, or sashers and ruin their plans. Electric immunity doesn't really come in handy as a lead, but if he somehow makes it to the later portion of the game, it could serve a purpose. Speaking of late game, fighting and bug resistances can come in handy with the amount of lucario and scizor out there today. With the Ev's given, and a positive nature on him, he makes for a pretty good steel absorber, too. This is very important because of the amount of steel types in the metagame that are really popular to use.

2) Knock Off. Knock off, as a explained earlier, can handle choice users, or sashers, and thats crucial in todays metagame. I've found this to work best on some of the taunt/sash leads like azelf, because if they think you're going to stealth rock, and they tuant, you get a 2HKO. Knock off is really not used enough these days, it can cuase serious problems for the opponent on the first few turns, and can screw up his chances at setting up his team correctly.

These are a few of the many good things Gliscor can do as a lead, and if i think of more as i go along, i will update this post. If anyone wants to help out in that process, I'd be glad. Ok, so on to the moves of this set.

Stealth Rock is the heart of this set, as it is with any lead. It sets my teams indirect damage up, which is great and it can help while taking people down. Roost helps Gliscor stay alive, and roost off the damage from battling other leads. This lets him stall in some cases too. Earthquake is great, it gets STAB, and with the amount of leads weak to ground these days, it's great to have a strong ground move with you. It can take a few tries for metagross to be taken down, because of it's impressive defences and mediocre hp, but in say Jirachi's case, it's a 2HKO. That is, if he doesn't have the majority of it's Ev's crammed in hp or defence. Knock off is great because, as i mentioned several times, he handles choicers and sashers with ease. Knock off is also great because it hits azelf and alakazam hard, and takes leftovers away from walls. Who would'nt want to have the ability to do that?

The moves on this set were kind of just floating around in the sets that already exsist, but these moves fit him best for the role he plays in this situation. Anyhow, lets talk about his Ev's. They are very unique, and when you looked at them you probably were thinking, "what?" but i made them like that for a reason, an that reason i will explain.

The 252 Hp is all for surviveability, and paired with roost, it's not that bad. I still wish he had a higher base Hp,though. The 80 Attack Ev's help get some power, With 104 Ev's in defence and some nice resistances and immunities to offer, her can take a lot of the hits that common lead pokemon can dish out and serve them back. Now, i would've put the rest of the ev's into defence, but if i put the 72 Ev's that i have here into speed, then it outspeeds all postive natured base 61's ( Tyranitar) and all base 70 neutral natured pokemon ( Metagross). This is a great help, knowing that you can 2 or 3HKO tyranitars that don't have a lot of Ev's in defence or Hp.

I know, this still might need some work, but i just want you all to try it at least a good few times and give it a chance because it works suprisingly good. If anyone can give me feedback it'd be great. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Hope you all like it!

SD Infernape

Infernape @ Salac Berry
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-Mach Punch

Heatran - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch
Gyarados - 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(non-blazed)(OHKO with SR),after Intimidate
Vaporeon - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch
Scizor - OHKO with +0 Fire Punch
Jolteon - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch
Dusknoir - OHKO with +6 Blazed Fire Punch
Hippowdon - OHKO with +6 Blazed Fire Punch / 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(OHKO with SR)
Skarmory - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch / Chance of OHKO with +2 Fire Punch(OHKO with SR)
Infernape - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch / Sometimes OHKO with + 2 Mach Punch
Jirachi - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch / KO with +2 Fire Punch after SR
Alakazam - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch / OHKO with +2 Fire Punch ONLY if Salac Activates(so you outspeed it) barring scarf variants.
Azelf - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch , requires Salac to outspeed non-scarfed variants
Blissey - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch ( chance of OHKO with +2 Mach Punch after SR)
Celebi - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch after SR
Cresselia - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR
Dragonite - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR,Chance of OHKO with +4 Blazed Fire Punch after SR
Donphan - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Empoleon - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR , OHKO with +6 Mach Punch without SR
Gengar - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Non-scarfed variants
Togekiss - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Heracross - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Kingdra - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch ,chance to OHKO with +$ Mach Punch after SR,Requires Salac to outspeed after 1 Dragon Dance
Latias - Chance to OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR,OHKO with Blazed Fire Punch after SR
Lucario - OHKO with +2 Mach Punch
Machamp - 2HKO with +6 Fire Punch(Bulky Machamp,Rest-talk) after SR , or OHKO with +6 Fire Punch(Normal Non bulky ) after SR
Magnezone - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch , OHKO with +2 Fire Punch , Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants
Mamoswine - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch,OHKO with +2 Fire Punch, Requires Salac to outspeed Scarf variants.(Mach Punch has to be used to prevent Ice Shard,if you want take risk then use Fire Punch)
Salamence - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR after Intimidate,OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR(no Intimidate)
Metagross - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Ninjask - OHKO with +2 Fire Punch
Porygon-Z - OHKO with +2 Mach Punch after SR
Porygon-2 - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR
Rhyperior - Chance of OHKO with +6 Mach Punch
Rotom Forms - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR
Snorlax - OHKO with +4 Mach Punch after SR before Curse
Smeargle - OHKO with +0 Mach Punch / Fire Punch
Starmie - OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR
Suicune - Chance of OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR(if he has 0 Def / 4 HP , OHKO with +6 Fire Punch after SR )
Swampert - OHKO with +6 Mach Punch after SR
Tyranitar - 2OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR with Chople,OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR without Chople
Weavile - OHKO with +0 Mach Punch after SR without Chople
Zapdos - OHKO with +4 Fire Punch after SR

Calculations are based on my experience.I have used Infernape for over 150 battles and has done very well based on my teams.

I lollede. Damn youre awesome and that set.. really, you must be a genius. I like the way how the item makes this set even more powerfull. Good job dude.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You don't honestly think you are going to 2HKO Azelf with Knock Off do you? Azelf is going to beat the gliscor easily as will aerodactyl (well maybe not beat but shut it down).

As a lead (which is what it is for right?), U-turn or Taunt (which we already have that set if using taunt) would work better in that slot.

You don't honestly think you are going to 2HKO Azelf with Knock Off do you? Azelf is going to beat the gliscor easily as will aerodactyl (well maybe not beat but shut it down).

As a lead (which is what it is for right?), U-turn or Taunt (which we already have that set if using taunt) would work better in that slot.
Thanks, I was about to go back and fix that when i realized that, and i think that u-turn is going to be replaced for scouting reasons, or i'll just make it so you can choose between knock off or u turn because knock off can actually be a pretty decent move for screwing up people using choices, leftys, ect.
thanks for the feedback though.

Hey, is this kind of Starmie any good? I've thought of it myself, but someone else also might've a Starmie like this:

Starmie@Flame Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: Hp: 136, Def: 156, Spe: 216
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
~ Trick
~ Rapid Spin/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Recover/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
--- so basically, this is just a tricking Starmie with a Flame Orb. This ruins some of his usual counters, most notably Scizor and TTar. With Flame Orb at it's disposal, Scizor can get a Flame Orb, screwing him basically. Same goes for TTar. Gyarados also doesn't want to stay in on this, as Flame Orb ruins it's fun aswell. Blissey is like Starmie's number 1 counter, but when i trick Flame Orb on it, it's Leftovers is gone, it gets Burned forever and if Sandstorm is in play, resudial damage makes Blissey a lot less wallier. Natural Cure prevents you from being Burned by the Flame Orb aswell, because if you switch out, you're not burned anymore. Though, if you use this in Sandstorm, you might want to Trick As soon as possible. Thunderbolt is the best as the second option for both Recover and Rapid Spin, as Gyarados is ruined by it, aswell as other Water Types.

Good or not?

haunter

Banned deucer.
If your opponents see flame orb, then it's likely that they won't switch their pursuiter in, and by the way, if you want to counter both Scizor and TTar switch ins, just use life orb Starmie which can almost ohko both with a life orb'd hydro pump.

Got 3 sets here, i guess the first two are sort of gimmicks, but they really do rip up standard OU, ill let you guys be the judges.

Role: Lead Mence
Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Spe)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Moves:
~Hidden Power [Grass]
~Hydro Pump
~Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~Draco Meteor

EVs: Max SpA allows mence to deal as much damage as possible (duh), and the Speed EVs allow him to reach 280 Spe, which outspeeds +Spe natured Heatrans, which is really the only common lead it wants to outspeed.

Moves: Fire Blast is to hit Metagross (252HP / 0SpD), which it will OHKO unless they are carrying Occa Berry, in which case it becomes a 2HKO. Bronzong (252 HP / 92 SpD Sassy Nature) takes 72.19% - 85.21%, which means that they still dont like taking a hit. Fire Blast also OHKOs Jirachi, who tend to use Iron Head, which only deals 25.07% - 29.91% (252 Atk Jolly Nature), which is pretty nice.

How it fares against other common leads:
Aerodactyl: Probably the only common lead this set loses against, however with Hydro Pump + Intimidate, Salamence can come out on top, however i prefer to not sacrifice mence so early on.
Metagross: 2HKO if they hold Occa Berry, OHKO if they dont, does well enough.
Swampert: haha, Hidden Power [Grass] is what is really catching people off guard, and with the rise in Swampert usage, it really comes in handy.
Heatran: Another lead which loves to stay in, gets OHKOd by Hydro Pump (4HP / Timid Nature) 145.06% - 170.99%
Jirachi: Can be OHKOd by Fire Blast, and Iron Head Jolly Nature 252 Atk factoring in Intimidate only does 25.07% - 29.91% with Iron Head, and scarf doesnt exactly cripple Salamence at all.
Hippodowon: OHKOd by Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor hits pretty much anything else, and scores OHKOs on a huge variety of pokemon.
Infernape: Resists both STABs which is pretty much all they carry, and easily beats them with either Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor.

Role: LeadWrath (OU)
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SpA)
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 88 Def / 16 Spe
Moves:
~Bulk Up
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Waterfall / Ice Punch
Firstly i know this is very similar to the fused bulk up focus punch set on the analysis, however this one functions differently.

EVs: 252 HP / 0 Def Impish Nature means that Standard Metagross lead (232 Atk) cannot break Poliwrath's Substitute after a single bulk up, and the 16 Spe EVs allows him to outspeed Standard Lead Gross aswell. The rset of the EVs were dumped into Atk so Focus Punch can deal shit loads of damage, 225 Base Power hurts EVERYTHING.

Moves: Bulk Up + Substitute work as a move combo which allows it to beat common leads such as Bronzong, Swampert, Metagross and so on. Focus Punch uses Substitute so it can let out 225 Base Powered attacks, which hurts even things which resist it. Waterfall is the other STAB of choice, however Ice Punch can also be nice as otherwise, once you lose your Sub, Gyarados and Salamence can cause some problems. Damp is the surprise here, generally once Metagross break the Sub, they attempt to use Explosion, in which case they just lose a turn, the same goes for Bronzong, but they never break Subs haha.

Aerodactyl: They always taunt, easily beaten with x2 Waterfalls
Bronzong: Ripped
Metagross: Ripped, see EVs ^^
Swampert: Fares the same as Metagross
Infernape: Close Combat deals (64 Atk) 35.16% - 41.67%, so no threat at all, easily 2HKOd.
EDIT: Jirachi: Forces Poliwrath to switch

EDIT: A log which Diploman sent to me, 6-0 sweep lol
Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
dudeboy sent out RagingTailDildo (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Mr. WiFi sent out Shizzle (lvl 100 Poliwrath ?).
TU-Eternub has entered the room.
TU-Eternub: dude
TU-Eternub: you are fail
dudeboy switched in RetardedFishdog (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
Shizzle used Ice Punch.
It's not very effective...
RetardedFishdog lost 9% of its health.
RetardedFishdog was frozen solid!
RetardedFishdog's leftovers restored its health a little!
RetardedFishdog restored 6% of its health.
---
TU-Eternub: poliwrath FAILS
dudeboy: what?
Mr. WiFi: OMGOWNAGE
TU-Eternub: wtf hax
RetardedFishdog is frozen solid!
Shizzle used Substitute.
Shizzle lost 25% of its health.
Shizzle made a substitute!
RetardedFishdog restored 2% of its health.
Shizzle's leftovers restored its health a little!
Shizzle restored 6% of its health.
---
TU-Eternub: noob wrath
Shizzle used Bulk Up.
Shizzle's attack was raised.
Shizzle's defence was raised.
---
dudeboy: i hate poliwrath too ;(
TU-Eternub: dude, get a phazer!
Shizzle used Bulk Up.
Shizzle's attack was raised.
Shizzle's defence was raised.
---
TU-Eternub: poliwrath can sweep!
Shizzle is tightening its focus!
RetardedFishdog was defrosted!
RetardedFishdog used Substitute.
RetardedFishdog lost 25% of its health.
RetardedFishdog made a substitute!
Shizzle used Focus Punch.
The substitute took damage for RetardedFishdog!
RetardedFishdog's substitute faded!
---
RetardedFishdog used Substitute.
RetardedFishdog lost 25% of its health.
RetardedFishdog made a substitute!
The substitute took damage for RetardedFishdog!
RetardedFishdog's substitute faded!
---
dudeboy switched in RagingTailDildo (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
It's not very effective...
RagingTailDildo lost 40% of its health.
RagingTailDildo's leftovers restored its health a little!
RagingTailDildo restored 6% of its health.
---
Mr. WiFi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZtLf6TceU&feature=PlayList&p=48B8D1510ACE5897&index=2&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL
Mr. WiFi: yayz
RagingTailDildo used Swords Dance.
RagingTailDildo's attack was sharply raised.
Shizzle used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
RagingTailDildo lost 66% of its health.
dudeboy's RagingTailDildo fainted.
---
TU-Eternub: wtf
Mr. WiFi: YOOTOOB
dudeboy switched in Weed Angel (lvl 100 Celebi).
Mr. WiFi: Eternub will you give me teh secks?
TU-Eternub: no
Mr. WiFi: R U FEMAIL???
TU-Eternub: OMG
Weed Angel used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Shizzle!
Shizzle's substitute faded!
Shizzle used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Weed Angel lost 68% of its health.
Weed Angel was frozen solid!
Weed Angel's leftovers restored its health a little!
Weed Angel restored 6% of its health.
---
TU-Eternub: HOW YOU KNOW?
Mr. WiFi: rofl
Mr. WiFi: I M TEH BLAK DOOD
TU-Eternub: no wai
Weed Angel is frozen solid!
Shizzle used Substitute.
Weed Angel's leftovers restored its health a little!
Weed Angel restored 6% of its health.
---
dudeboy: ugh
Weed Angel was defrosted!
Weed Angel used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Shizzle used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Weed Angel lost 44% of its health.
dudeboy's Weed Angel fainted.
---
dudeboy switched in Puff Daddy (lvl 100 Drifblim ?).
TU-Eternub: rofl
TU-Eternub: lead wrath sweeps off the bat
Puff Daddy used Shadow Ball.
Shizzle used Substitute.
---
Puff Daddy used Shadow Ball.
Shizzle used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Puff Daddy lost 100% of its health.
dudeboy's Puff Daddy fainted.
Shizzle was hurt by Puff Daddy's Aftermath!
---
dudeboy switched in Paint Spoolger (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
TU-Eternub: cool
Paint Spoolger used Spore.
Shizzle fell asleep!
Shizzle is fast asleep!
---
TU-Eternub: =D
Paint Spoolger used Spider Web.
Shizzle was trapped!
Shizzle is fast asleep!
---
TU-Eternub: get that lucario rolling
Mr. WiFi: O NO YOU DI-ENT
Paint Spoolger used Ingrain.
Paint Spoolger planted its roots!
Shizzle woke up!
Shizzle used Substitute.
Paint Spoolger absorbed nutrients with its roots!
---
TU-Eternub: rofl
Paint Spoolger used Baton Pass.
dudeboy switched in RetardedFishdog (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
RetardedFishdog lost 63% of its health.
dudeboy's RetardedFishdog fainted.
---
dudeboy switched in Sex Hound (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Mr. WiFi: im kewl i said "farting spiders" to some girl on msn
Sex Hound used Close Combat.
Sex Hound's defence was lowered.
Sex Hound's special defence was lowered.
It's super effective!
Sex Hound lost 100% of its health.
dudeboy's Sex Hound fainted.
---
TU-Eternub: who?
dudeboy switched in Paint Spoolger (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
Mr. WiFi: some noob called AromaticFarter
Paint Spoolger used Spore.
Shizzle fell asleep!
Shizzle is fast asleep!
---
Paint Spoolger used Spider Web.
Shizzle was trapped!
Shizzle woke up!
It's super effective!
Paint Spoolger lost 100% of its health.
dudeboy's Paint Spoolger fainted.
Mr. WiFi wins!
Lastly,

Role: Bulky Swords Dance Sweeper / Mid-End Game Sweeper
Scizor @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-Spe)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 200 SpD / 12 Spe
Moves:
~Bullet Punch
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance
~Roost

EVs: I was pretty spontainious here, but its working amazingly well, and allows it to beat Latias and shrug off most Special Attacks. 252 Atk is just so that i can deal as much damage as possible.

Moves: Bullet Punch is the Staple move here, meaning i can beat things which outspeed me, and is very handy endgame. Brick Break has better coverage than most of its common moves, so it was chosen. Brick Break works pretty well, but can really hammer Heatran's and Magnezone's on the switch. And with the given EVs, Scizor can also take down Magnezone if they dont carry Hidden Power [Fire]

Comments: In the first 10 or so battles that i used this guy, in 6 of the battles he racked up at least 5 kills, because after one or 2 SDs, without Heatran or Rotom most teams can do nothing in return.

Got 3 sets here, i guess the first two are sort of gimmicks, but they really do rip up standard OU, ill let you guys be the judges.

Role: Lead Mence
Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Spe)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Moves:
~Hidden Power [Grass]
~Hydro Pump
~Fire Blast
~Draco Meteor

EVs: Max SpA allows mence to deal as much damage as possible (duh), and the Speed EVs allow him to reach 280 Spe, which outspeeds +Spe natured Heatrans, which is really the only common lead it wants to outspeed.

Moves: Fire Blast is to hit Metagross (252HP / 0SpD), which it will OHKO unless they are carrying Occa Berry, in which case it becomes a 2HKO. Bronzong (252 HP / 92 SpD Sassy Nature) takes 72.19% - 85.21%, which means that they still dont like taking a hit. Fire Blast also OHKOs Jirachi, who tend to use Iron Head, which only deals 25.07% - 29.91% (252 Atk Jolly Nature), which is pretty nice.

Aerodactyl: Probably the only common lead this set loses against, however with Hydro Pump + Intimidate, Salamence can come out on top, however i prefer to not sacrifice mence so early on.
Metagross: 2HKO if they hold Occa Berry, OHKO if they dont, does well enough. Lead Metagross almost always holds the Occa Berry. Meteor Mash hits Salamence for heavy damage and Metagross can Bullet Punch the next turn.
Swampert: haha, Hidden Power [Grass] is what is really catching people off guard, and with the rise in Swampert usage, it really comes in handy.
Heatran: Another lead which loves to stay in, gets OHKOd by Hydro Pump (4HP / Timid Nature) 145.06% - 170.99%
Jirachi: Can be OHKOd by Fire Blast, and Iron Head Jolly Nature 252 Atk factoring in Intimidate only does 25.07% - 29.91% with Iron Head, and scarf doesnt exactly cripple Salamence at all. Some lead Jirachi carry Ice Punch for lead Salamence so you should watch out for that. From last month's stats: Jirachi | Move | Ice Punch | 14.7 |
Hippodowon: OHKOd by Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor hits pretty much anything else, and scores OHKOs on a huge variety of pokemon.
Infernape: Resists both STABs which is pretty much all they carry, and easily beats them with either Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor.
Salamence would have accuracy issues using Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast on the same set. That hax would make it less effective as a lead.

Role: LeadWrath (OU)
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def,-SpA)
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
Moves:
~Bulk Up
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Waterfall / Ice Punch
Firstly i know this is very similar to the fused bulk up focus punch set on the analysis, however this one functions differently.

EVs: 252 HP / 0 Def Impish Nature means that Standard Metagross lead (232 Atk) cannot break Poliwrath's Substitute after a single bulk up, and the 16 Spe EVs allows him to outspeed Standard Lead Gross aswell. The rset of the EVs were dumped into Atk so Focus Punch can deal shit loads of damage, 225 Base Power hurts EVERYTHING.

Moves: Bulk Up + Substitute work as a move combo which allows it to beat common leads such as Bronzong, Swampert, Metagross and so on. Focus Punch uses Substitute so it can let out 225 Base Powered attacks, which hurts even things which resist it. Waterfall is the other STAB of choice, however Ice Punch can also be nice as otherwise, once you lose your Sub, Gyarados and Salamence can cause some problems. Damp is the surprise here, generally once Metagross break the Sub, they attempt to use Explosion, in which case they just lose a turn, the same goes for Bronzong, but they never break Subs haha.

Aerodactyl: They always taunt, easily beaten with x2 Waterfalls
Bronzong: Ripped
Metagross: Ripped, see EVs ^^
Swampert: Fares the same as Metagross
Infernape: Close Combat deals (64 Atk) 35.16% - 41.67%, so no threat at all, easily 2HKOd.
EDIT: Jirachi: Forces Poliwrath to switch
Looks like a good lead, and one I might want to try. Unlike most anti-leads this Poliwrath not only gets a KO in exchange for your opponent setting up Stealth Rock but also gets a stat boost in the process and only takes a little damage. Your opponent would probably expect all Poliwrath to have Waterfall; to help against a likely Gyarados or Salamence switch-in, use Ice Punch.
Lastly,

Role: Bulky Swords Dance Sweeper / Mid-End Game Sweeper
Scizor @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-Spe)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 200 SpD / 12 Spe
Moves:
~Bullet Punch
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance
~Roost

EVs: I was pretty spontainious here, but its working amazingly well, and allows it to beat Latias and shrug off most Special Attacks. 252 Atk is just so that i can deal as much damage as possible. What are these specific EVs supposed to allow it to survive? Other than the EVs, this is just the same as the SD Scizor set on the analysis.

Moves: Bullet Punch is the Staple move here, meaning i can beat things which outspeed me, and is very handy endgame. Brick Break has better coverage than most of its common moves, so it was chosen. Brick Break works pretty well, but can really hammer Heatran's and Magnezone's on the switch. And with the given EVs, Scizor can also take down Magnezone if they dont carry Hidden Power [Fire]

Comments: In the first 10 or so battles that i used this guy, in 6 of the battles he racked up at least 5 kills, because after one or 2 SDs, without Heatran or Rotom most teams can do nothing in return.

this is my preferred EV spread for an infernape lead

Infernape@Focus Sash-Blaze
252 Atk/36 SpA/220 Spe/Naughty(+Atk,-SpD)
Fake Out
Close Combat
Overheat
Stealth Rock

this maximizes his attack (337 Atk, 253 SpA, 307 Spd)
it also outruns max speed roserade, the only other lead in this speed tier
i find this superior to the standard infernape lead primarily because it can deal with aerodactyl better, and can do more with close combat
the only disadvantage is that it will never tie another infernape in a speed tie, and overheat becomes more unreliable than fire blast

Infernape vs Metagross
Fake out vs 252 HP/0 Def Metagross

Min: Avg: Max:
Raw damage: 17 18 20
Percentages: 4.67% 4.95% 5.49%

364-17=347

Overheat vs 252 HP/0 SpD Metagross
Raw damage: 354 380 416
Percentages: 97.25% 104.40% 114.29%

Minimum overheat still guarantees KO after fake out
If metagross carries occa, overheat will do minumum ~50%, and the second overheat will finish

Infernape vs Azelf
Fake out vs 4 HP/0 Def Naive Azelf
Raw damage: 56 60 66
Percentages: 15.38% 16.48% 18.13%
292-56=236

Overheat vs Azelf (Naive)
Raw damage: 241 261 285
Percentages: 66.21% 71.70% 78.30%

the KO is guaranteed against naive azelf, which most lead azelf are

Fake out vs 4 HP/0 Def Hasty Azelf
Raw damage: 62 67 73
Percentages: 21.23% 22.95% 25.00%
292-62=230

Overheat vs Azelf (Hasty)
Raw damage: 217 235 256
Percentages: 74.32% 80.48% 87.67%

On average it will KO

The situation is the same as aerodactyl, azelf gets 1 turn to either attack, set up rocks, or taunt
*This has problems against Rain Dance Azelf* (but seriously, a rain dance azelf?)

Infernape vs Jirachi
Fake out vs 80 Hp/0 Def Jirachi
Raw damage: 20 22 24
Percentages: 5.54% 6.09% 6.65%
361-20=341

Overheat vs 80 Hp/0 SpD Jirachi
Raw damage: 324 350 384
Percentages: 89.75% 96.95% 106.37%

On average this will KO Jirachi

Some damage calculations
Fake out vs 4 HP/0 Def Aerodactyl
Raw damage: 29 32 35
Percentages: 9.60% 10.60% 11.59%
Close Combat vs the same Aerodactyl

Raw damage: 262 283 309
Percentages: 86.75% 93.71% 102.32%

Assuming fake out hits minumum there is a:
(273-262)/(309-262)=.766 chance to KO

in other words this infernape usually leaves aerodactyl ONE turn before it dies
generally it goes like
Turn 1: Infernape fakes out, aerodactyl flinches
Turn 2: Aerodactyl either uses SR or EQ, if he uses SR he will most likely die and infernape will still have a sash or if he uses EQ neither player will have stealth rock provided that both players have any sort of priority

Infernape vs Ninjask

my infernape vs ninjask
Close Combat vs 0 Def Ninjask
Raw damage: 86 93 101
Percentages: 28.67% 31.00% 33.67%
ignore the percents, i just put in 300 for filler

the more important thing is:
86x4=344
How many EVs does ninjask need so that minimum damage CC cant break a sub?
344-261=81
81x4=324
I dont see a lot of ninjask with that much HP investment but maybe thats just me
so for those who dont like overheats shaky 90% accuracy or the constant drops, this more powerful CC can do better vs ninjask than the standard infernape

standard leadape vs ninjask
Raw damage: 66 72 78
Percentages: 22.00% 24.00% 26.00%
again, ignore percents, but a ninjask running 220 HP evs (316 HP) can get 3 swords dances in on a standard infernape using CC, and fire blast is 50% more likely to miss than overheat

again the calcs:
64 Atk Infernape vs 220 HP/0 Def Ninjask Close Combat
Raw damage: 66 72 78
Percentages: 20.89% 22.78% 24.68%
and percents mean something this time, how silly would you look letting ninjask getting that many swords dances, or fire blasting til you miss anyways?
The probability that fire blast will hit 4 times in a row is:
(.85^4)=.522 barely more than half
if this ninjask runs protect then youre gonna have no fire blasts

Infernape vs Bronzong
Overheat vs 252 HP/92 SpD Non-Heatproof Bronzong
Raw Damage: 264 284 312
Percentages: 78.11% 84.02% 92.31%

Close Combat vs 252 HP/80 Def Bronzong
Raw Damage: 151 163 178
Percentages: 44.67% 48.22% 52.66%

Clean 2HKO with overheat+close combat
of course the standard could use fire blastx2, but theres more probability to miss.

Close Combat vs 252 HP/252 Def Bold Tyranitar
Raw Damage: 504 544 592
Percentages: 124.75% 134.65% 146.53%

Did i really need to post this?...

This lead suffers against other infernape leads who reach 330 speed, against hippowdon whos sandstorm breaks the sash, and swampert. But against 7 of the top 10 leads this will come out on top.
In general this is for teams who don't mind getting rocks out as long as the opponent doesnt.

I always back this up with scarfgar, to revenge kill latias and gyrados, 2 common switchins to leadape.

Alakazam:@ Focus Sash
Timid
252 Spatt, 252 Spd, 6 hp
Inner Focus
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Taunt
-Counter

Even though this takes less down than Gastrodon, Alakazam can Taunt, and is one of the fastest Taunters in the game. Psychic lols at Swampert and Signal Beam eats up Starmie. This lead was made when Lead Ape was all the rage, and I managed to beat them all. Signal Beam also knocks around Azelf and Obamasnow.
Ok, if you're going to have counter on it then you might want to switch to a hasty nature and have minimal IV's in defence in order for it to work. I too tried to make a lead-zam set, but they just don't work. They may beat a few leads with the right attacks but they will always be too frail, even though i wish they weren't. this was my attemt at a zam-lead, and you can also find it here

Ok, after looking at an overused leads thread i got an idea for this..

Alakazam @ focus sash
Ability: inner focus
EV's:4 Hp/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spe
Timid nature (+ Spe, -Atk)
-Hidden Power Fire
-Focus Blast
-Taunt
-Shadow Ball

Lead-kazam. I designed this guy to be a taunt lead(obviously) and to be faster than the other leads today, while killing off some of the other leads in todays metagame. Hidden Power Fire takes care of abomasnow, jirachi,metagross,and takes a decent chunk out of bronzong. Focus blast will hit aerodactyl, heatran, and tyranitar hard, if it doesn't score a KO. Shadow ball hits azelf. tuant is there because alakazam is so fast that it can beat most SR leads in speed. I think that this thing could potentially be alot of use. I'm working on a anti-lead for him at the moment, i will post it later, tell me what you think of this, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)