The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Me and Hip have arranged to play tomorrow. I'll keep looking for FM on IRC, but I haven't seen him recently. I'm sure we'll run in to each other sooner or later. Not seen Jlei2k at all so I'll drop him a PM now.

Guys, it is currently wednesday, 10 days into the first round. While I love the fact that so many battles have already been completed, I have to say I am less than impressed with the following users:

Flashstorm1
GARLIC
Metang With
Aeroblacktyl
Mizuno
Eo Ut Mortus
obi
Gotensan
Antique Roadshow
Havak
pi face
goofball
brawley
Mekkah
Raito
omni
Kinneas
Sebastian
Giga Punch
Veteran In Love
Vashta

If you read the OP, which you better have, you will notice I said I will personally force you to be subbed out if you do not complete a battle by the end of this weekend. There is no reason 10 days have gone by and you have not been able to find 1 of 3 people and battle them, especially when chances are, those people have been looking for you.

I am especially shocked at captains amidst that list, come on guys it's not hard!

If battles are not completed, I do not decide winners. If you want to advance to the next round, you might want to battle!
sigh, this is part of the reason why I've stopped playing tourneys. I just don't have the patience nor the time nor the empathy to spend hours people down to play games.

T-Lox said he'll be on in his PM at around 1-2 am a majority of the time, I went on a couple of days for some time and he wasn't anywhere to be found, quite frankly I have 8000 better things to do in my nightlife than wait for people to play a pokemon match.

If zerowing really really wanted to find me online that night Jackal said he was looking for me, he could've taken 30 seconds to open Shoddy Battle and found me. Easily. In fact I'm on right now. I'm not gonna download IRC, a program which I never use and almost caught a virus from, simply to find people

And lord knows where panamaxis is, he wins two battles and hides under alias all day thinking he'll get a pass. w/e

Anyway, I'm gonna re-send PMs to get more concrete times. In fact, I'm on right now. Fuck.

Question regarding the points system. Say 2 people are tied for first place at a 2-1 record (any place for that matter) but one person has beaten the other. Would this still count as a 5pt/5pt split. Seems like the person who beat the other should have the tiebreaker and finish ahead. Nobody I've talked to can give me a clear answer so I'll ask here.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
yeah i asked shiv about this. there are no head to head tiebreakers, same record is always a split

As you read: according to the rules it's a 5,5 split! Unless jackal changes the rules....

It's not like it is possible to have two 2-1 records with neither person having defeated the other. Meaning the split rule could only have been made with this scenario in mind.

yeah i asked shiv about this. there are no head to head tiebreakers, same record is always a split
Thanks for answering so quickly. And I'll say that sucks and is counter intuitive. I really don't want to play another match in my division since aligning my time zone with Kinneas will be very difficult oh well we'll play on the weekend.

As you read: according to the rules it's a 5,5 split! Unless jackal changes the rules....

It's not like it is possible to have two 2-1 records with neither person having defeated the other. Meaning the split rule could only have been made with this scenario in mind.
Exactly since everybody plays everybody there will always be a person who has one over the other. I understand that split if its 3 guys with a 2-1 record and they shuffled loses between one another but if it's 2 guys then the person with the win should hold the tie breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)