Issue #2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/smog/

We're only a few days behind schedule this time :)

Post comments/questions here. I hope you all enjoy this issue.

EDIT: Oh also, the placement of this issue is 100% temporary. We're working on getting each issue it's own page, but that might take a little while. We figured you'd rather see the issue this way than not see it at all ;D

Looks good, the featured Pokemon article was solid, informative and interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Pokemon that GameFreak included to troll us article. This edition is an improvement on the last one, the smog is heading in the right direction =)

don't worry KG, he wasn't alone:

[17:29] <darkie> can i be co-editor-in-chief
[17:30] <Jimbo> ok
[17:30] <Jimbo> hi5
[17:30] <darkie> :D
[17:30] <darkie> :D
[17:30] <darkie> h5
[17:30] <darkie> er
[17:30] <darkie> hi
[17:30] <darkie> high
[17:30] <darkie> btw I'm lame

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hah, really enjoyed this edition.

However, a few of the articles were a bit disappointing, only because they'd already been posted in Stark. Only SDS' Rotom article was new I believe.

However, the interview with Jumpman was really nice, and the troll section was simply hilarious. Also, the featured pokemon was nice and solid, and I especially liked the type analysis articles.

I'd hoped for a warstory this time round. Oh well....

Overall, this was a big improvement over issue no.1, keep it going guys!

Great trolling article =)

If one feels the need to complain about badly constructed trivia questions, how would one do it?

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, but there were a number of spelling/grammar errors/typos (most apparent in the Successes at VGC article) which, while they in no way detracted from the overall quality of the article, were occasionally distracting.

Loved the issue as a whole though, especially Rocket Grunt's amazing Cyclohm rendition.

Great job guys! I really enjoyed reading it. Special thanks to the artist, who did a great job(of course, the writers did too!).

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Although I loved the issue, one thing really really bugged me. The fact that zubat wasn't on the list of trolls. That mother fucker has been in every cave ever, always trolling the hell out of pokemon players... all of them...

Um, I think the trivia is wrong...

"Which of these abilities prevents burn status?
  1. Flash Fire
  2. White Smoke
  3. Blaze
  4. Magma Armor
  5. Oblivious"
None of them do. If you were trying to mean flash fire, it says here: http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/flashfire.shtml that if the ability is traced, the pokemon can be burned by will-o-wisp. It can also be burned by tri-attack (ingame knowledge). White Smoke prevents stat's from being lowered, blaze powers up fire moves, magma armor prevents freeze, and oblivious prevents attraction.

Otherwise, great issue. Loved it. Hilarious. 5/5, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)