Ambipom made ya flinch :P Team Sin strikes again!

Why isn't this thing OU yet? lmao

Team Sinful

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karishna (
) (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 254 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Payback
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Giga Impact
The STAB Fake out is this things monkey butter. I honestly thought this pokemon was OU when i looked at the youtube videos of him raping so many faces with that first turn fake out then focus punch on a lunar dance cresselia. Also with return I don't get as much damage with it as I do with Fake out, what do you guys suggest doing with it? Should I swap it for Uturn so i can scout my opponents moves or put in uproar for STAB as a weaker outrage? There's also the option for Thunder Wave seeing as how he has a base speed of 115 which is pretty good seeing as how that makes him the same speed as azelf and faster than jirachi, heatran, and surprisingly faster than lucario and infernape. With those speed Evs and jolly nature i've been able to hold my own against salamence a few times.

*EDIT* This new edit provides me with more hits than the previous set and with Giga Impact it makes for a big hit along with the STAB.

God of Ganja (
) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/82 Def/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
My goodness this pokemon has decent speed stats. I went for the physibi cuz alot of my team utilizes psychical types moves. The recover and jolly nature of celebi tend to make it faster than most of the other leads like swampert. azelf and jirachi(or does that make it equally fast seeing as how jirachi and celebi share similar stats?). seed bomb is great for defense against swampert and seadra with the ability technician and STAB I can 2HKO swampert with this move when I do SD.

Ong Baks Buddy (
) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
put him on the team because both his mixpert and physical swampert are great movesets but if I can OHKO skarmory with hydro pump then I don't need a second opinion lol defense EV spread so it can take more surprise explosions from the CB Forretress and Metagross and get stealth rock out while he's out there. My only problem with this is Scarfrachi and Life Orb azelf because of Jirachi's Trick and the powered up explosion from Azelf (combined with his speed Swampert's gonna be a little more than frustrated). Other than that if they let me setup stealth rock I will get massive hits in with ice beam and hydro pump on that rapid spin donphan and I should have no problem with starmie using earthquake either.

JirachiIDKGTFO (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

I get nice coverage with this set against Skarmory, Lucario, and Salamence. Iron Head offers nice STAB attacks with a 60% flinch rate.

Annoying Midgame(
) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
one of the best movesets in the game besides specslatias, CBflygon, and Lifeorb flygon. When dancing up his moves he's nearly unstoppable. Some ice types can't even touch namely weavile, but he's not much of a threat in this meta nowadays. The EV spread here is based on speed and attack, but I think I can move some of the attack EVs and put them on SpA for flamethrower. I just don't like fire blast's chances of missing I mean 15% chance of missing a OHKO is a chance I'm not willing to make. I mean I've OHKO'ed several pokemon with flamethrower so I don't think the change is that big of a deal especially when I DD x2 and get +2 Speed and +2 Attack.

Better than Last Time (Magmortar) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---

I changed from heatran to magmortar mainly because of speed and stability late in the game. I was thinking of going with Overheat because of the better STAB and and accuracy, but from what I've seen it doesn't help much when going up against a scarfrachi and only doing so little damage against it. Hidden Power Ice for the dragons and brick break in case of matches against steel or ice types. It also offers up another target for SD Celebi so I'm pretty happy about that as well.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
jirachi won't be able to neuter sd luke with trick the way you think it will, if you switch into an SD and get off a faster trick it will just CC jirachi to death and now be at +1 speed and +2 attack. and even if salamence is still alive, if it switched into SR previously it will die even after intimidate since +1 CC does 51% min. heatran is outsped thanks to scarf and ohkoed, swampert takes 75% min from +2 CC, ambipom wouldn't even be able to help you if lucario has inner focus (which it does about 85% of the time), and of course your celebi can't touch luke either, even if your opponent probably doesnt know that.

so that said, you probably dont want sub on jirachi, iron head would be cool but you have a special focus so you may just want to use superachi because it's that good. ambipom shouldn't have CB at all, not with celebi possibly passing SDs to it (though scizor doesn't give a shit either way). if you're going to use that celebi you should have more than one good recipient and ambipom is barely "passable" (lol) with scizor's popularity.

dont use eq on heatran, im assuming you meant earth power. and i'm not sure about heatran in general because of your celebi, i'd rather you use metagross there or something else that's a good recipient of SDes

bottom line is that you need to build your team around that celebi or else it's dead weight

jirachi won't be able to neuter sd luke with trick the way you think it will, if you switch into an SD and get off a faster trick it will just CC jirachi to death and now be at +1 speed and +2 attack. and even if salamence is still alive, if it switched into SR previously it will die even after intimidate since +1 CC does 51% min. heatran is outsped thanks to scarf and ohkoed, swampert takes 75% min from +2 CC, ambipom wouldn't even be able to help you if lucario has inner focus (which it does about 85% of the time), and of course your celebi can't touch luke either, even if your opponent probably doesnt know that.

so that said, you probably dont want sub on jirachi, iron head would be cool but you have a special focus so you may just want to use superachi because it's that good. ambipom shouldn't have CB at all, not with celebi possibly passing SDs to it (though scizor doesn't give a shit either way). if you're going to use that celebi you should have more than one good recipient and ambipom is barely "passable" (lol) with scizor's popularity.

dont use eq on heatran, im assuming you meant earth power. and i'm not sure about heatran in general because of your celebi, i'd rather you use metagross there or something else that's a good recipient of SDes

bottom line is that you need to build your team around that celebi or else it's dead weight
um..okay? what do you suggest I should change on the team? it would be nice if i could get a better description of what i need to edit.

I've tried Technician Persian with both Silk Scarf and Life Orb. I'd personally go with the Silk Scarf, since I find myself switching him in fairly often for the free flinch, and LO recoil and entry hazard damage adds up.

What Jumpman's saying is your Celebi, who passes Sword Dances, only has the choices of Ambipom and Salamence to pass to, and they're not good recipients since Amb. is Choiced and Mence has DD. Plus, Bullet Punch OHKO's you're little monkey friend, so that's pretty null as well.

Change Ambipom like this:

-Chance CB to either Life Orb or Silk Scarf
-Change Focus Punch to U-Turn

This gives him a "Flinch and Flee" set which is utilized much better in the lead position than Choice Band.

Substitute on ScarfRachi is totally useless, but you know that ;) You could possibly make him all Physical and make him your main recipient or SD. Try

Iron Head
Elemental Punch
Elemental Punch/Zen Headut
U-Turn

Use Lefties or LO. It's his physical choice set, but with a swords dance passed he'll have more power and versitilaty. This gives Celebi a purpose on your team :)

What Jumpman's saying is your Celebi, who passes Sword Dances, only has the choices of Ambipom and Salamence to pass to, and they're not good recipients since Amb. is Choiced and Mence has DD. Plus, Bullet Punch OHKO's you're little monkey friend, so that's pretty null as well.

Change Ambipom like this:

-Chance CB to either Life Orb or Silk Scarf
-Change Focus Punch to U-Turn

This gives him a "Flinch and Flee" set which is utilized much better in the lead position than Choice Band.

Substitute on ScarfRachi is totally useless, but you know that ;) You could possibly make him all Physical and make him your main recipient or SD. Try

Iron Head
Elemental Punch
Elemental Punch/Zen Headut
U-Turn

Use Lefties or LO. It's his physical choice set, but with a swords dance passed he'll have more power and versitilaty. This gives Celebi a purpose on your team :)
I'm trying that move set today ohh its rg. from the looks of it, seems pretty stable and with ice punch and and fire punch along with uturn and iron head seems like a pretty decent setup i'll post up the changes after this post.

wavedash said:
I've tried Technician Persian with both Silk Scarf and Life Orb. I'd personally go with the Silk Scarf, since I find myself switching him in fairly often for the free flinch, and LO recoil and entry hazard damage adds up.
I'm trying that right now actually. I just forgot to post up the changes from the last posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)