Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
At this point exactly how the RNG is seeded in Ru/Sa is not known so it won't be easy without resorting to emulation and save states. Additionally, synchers do not work so it will be more difficult. At this point there is really no reason not to use emerald.

At this point exactly how the RNG is seeded in Ru/Sa is not known so it won't be easy without resorting to emulation and save states. Additionally, synchers do not work so it will be more difficult. At this point there is really no reason not to use emerald.
Thanks mingot, was just wondering because I'll be playing through Ruby and Sapphire now. Soft resetting it is!

In RBY and GSC there is no limit like the 510 EV cap in Ruby, Sapphire, and on. The only restrictions put on the Pokemon is the amount of stat exp. it can gain in a certain stat. So yes, it is legal to have max stats in RBY.
I know this was an old question, but what Sticky Topic said isn't exactly true.

While he is right about the stat exp, he forgot to mention the effect of DV's on stats. DV's are basically equivalent to IV's in the newer generations.

In RBY a pokemon could have a DV of 0-15 in each stat. A pokemon would have to have DV's of 15 in each stat in order to have perfect stats.

I forget the exact chances, but it would be almost impossible to have a legal team with max stats in RBY, which means the guy in the tournament probably hacked his team with an old Gameshark.

Technically, 1 Gen1 & 2 "DV point" is equal to 2 "IV points" in the Advance-onwards., but the end result is more or less the same.

The higher the value, the better the stats. IIRC, the odds of Max Stats was probably close to 1 in 65,000 (I might well be wrong & getting my numbers mixed up here), but you could porbably get close to a "Maxgene" pokemon after catching a couple of boxes-worth of Pokemon.

Of course, if you were to utilise a Maxgene (or close to it) Ditto in G/S/C & use that for breeding, then you could have a good chance of breeding a ecent Pokemon for a R/B/Y squad.

Meh, i'll just assume for my post at the top of this page that that's all he says. That aside:

It was discovered I think back in 2006 that Emerald had a bugged RNG that, when you begin a new game, sets IV spreads for certain legendaries, and as you would soft reset for them, you would be coming across the same spreads, and eventually they were all you'd run into. I have three questions about that:
1. Seeing the thread about Emerald's PRNG with all those spreads makes me think that you can use it to break the space-time continuum in your file and run into said spread, even if none of those spreads were chosen when you started up your game. Is that true?
2. Does this apply to Latios and Latias? I would assume not, since they are never in one particular spot, and the game doesn't know which one you plan to go after. I hope not!
3. By some crazy chance do these IV spreads have any connection to whether you choose to play as a boy or a girl character, what you name him or her, or your ID No.? Do what you select for those control these spreads in any way?

Thanks.

Meh, i'll just assume for my post at the top of this page that that's all he says. That aside:

It was discovered I think back in 2006 that Emerald had a bugged RNG that, when you begin a new game, sets IV spreads for certain legendaries, and as you would soft reset for them, you would be coming across the same spreads, and eventually they were all you'd run into. I have three questions about that:
1. Seeing the thread about Emerald's PRNG with all those spreads makes me think that you can use it to break the space-time continuum in your file and run into said spread, even if none of those spreads were chosen when you started up your game. Is that true?
2. Does this apply to Latios and Latias? I would assume not, since they are never in one particular spot, and the game doesn't know which one you plan to go after. I hope not!
3. By some crazy chance do these IV spreads have any connection to whether you choose to play as a boy or a girl character, what you name him or her, or your ID No.? Do what you select for those control these spreads in any way?

Thanks.
1) Um, what? Spreads are completely time dependant and on a set fixed pattern (a spread at 20 seconds on one reset will always be the same spread at 20 seconds on every reset following it). No spread is 'chosen when you start up your game.'
2) Yes, I've heard it is set the moment you choose the color on the TV after the E4.
3) As mentioned in 1, it's on a set fixed pattern. The only things that will affect anything are synchronize (takes you to the next spread of the synchers nature), and parent IV inheritance when breeding (you can control which IVs are passed down though).

Could someone give me some pointers on how to RNG abuse in emerald im trying to get a good shiny registeel
In its simplest form it isn't more than finding your spread, grabbing a stopwatch and trying to hit it on time...if you find yourself delaying the press, try pressing earlier? Make sure that you remember to subtract the delay frames (70 for Registeel) to your spread though, so when the battle does occur the scene delay adds the subtracted frames right up to your spread.

Is an XD Lunatone one that comes from Pokemon XD on the gamecube? If so, what's so special about it?
Yes. It learns Baton Pass through Purification.

So do i just use the RNGrecorder and method 1 i havent got my SID for emerald yet but in the RNGrecorder when i click ivs to PID seed it gives me a list of SID that are compatible can i just use those???

Hey (I know this is dumb but I haven't played gba in a while.)
How do I get Suicune, Entei, and raikou?
pm me please.

Hey (I know this is dumb but I haven't played gba in a while.)
How do I get Suicune, Entei, and raikou?
pm me please.
in fire red and leafgreen if you pick squirtle you get raikou charmander equals suicune and bulbasaur equals entei they roam kanto after you beat the elite four

could someone teach me how to sweet scent for shinies in emerald and tell me my SID thanks a lot

DOnt ask for sids no one can tell for you.

If in ruby in the cave of origin you ignore waterfall deal with groudon and then leave how do you get waterfall then?

My roommate and I were having a discussion, which led to Unown. He says that in Gold and Silver, Shiny Unown cannot be caught because it is buggy, causing your game to crash. Is that true? I know in Gold and Silver, Shiny-ness is when a Pokemon has 10 IVs in all statistics. The Unown's letter is also determined through IVs, and having an Unown with 10 IVs in all statistics creates a letter "I" Unown. Therefore, if an Unown is shiny, it will be the letter "I". Can it be found in the wild? And if so, does it crash your game?

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
My roommate and I were having a discussion, which led to Unown. He says that in Gold and Silver, Shiny Unown cannot be caught because it is buggy, causing your game to crash. Is that true? I know in Gold and Silver, Shiny-ness is when a Pokemon has 10 IVs in all statistics. The Unown's letter is also determined through IVs, and having an Unown with 10 IVs in all statistics creates a letter "I" Unown. Therefore, if an Unown is shiny, it will be the letter "I". Can it be found in the wild? And if so, does it crash your game?
He probably used Game Shark to found a Shiny wild Pokémon. And since only the I and V forms of Unowns can be Shiny, the game crashed.

Almost all of my games work well. The only ones that have died on me so far are Gold & Silver (Both copies of Crystal are still running happily)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)