[Wi-Fi Tournament] Exploring new UU! (FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UU Tournament FINALS!

Rules
  • Format will of course be UU and below. Check the Pokemon eligible for this tournament: UU / NU - NFE Pokemon are allowed as long as they do not belong to a different tier already (Uber / OU / BL), with the exception being Hippopotas and Snover.
  • Wi-Fi Tournament Rules - You can read and get up to date with all the hosting rules and common clauses for these type of Tournaments.
  • The UU Tournament will allow 16-32 players maximum. The tournament format will be single elimination. There will be substitute places available as there are always lame people who do not complete their matches.
  • Players will be given 1 week to complete their matches. There will be no extensions to this deadline. If a match is not completed, the one whom demonstrated more activity will move on. If neither player showed activity, they both might be dropped or the outcome will be decided based on a flip.
  • All battles will be Singles 6 vs 6 Auto-level 100.
  • Only people who have or have had active trade threads may participate in this Tournament. Sorry generic random Wi-Fi lurker!
Clauses
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO moves Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • NO Hacked Pokemon
  • NO Weather
Prizes
  • Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers of the tournament. I am currently accepting donations for prizes, but I will only accept 7 prize donations total. So far negator, Tase and Destroyer have donated prizes.
Announcements
  • Changes to the Rules and Clauses sections have been added above so make sure you read them before you get your team ready.
  • I have plans to start an OU Tournament, if it gets approved of course, when we are down to Round 3 for this tournament, so keep an eye out for sign ups on the OU Tournament.
  • Due to the new changes in the UU tier, Donphan and Dugtrio are now allowed and Umbreon will be disallowed to be used from Round 2 and onwards.

Pairings
Jigo vs Scruffy

Deadline
This Round will be over on Sunday August 9th.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ah well, im with scruffy to take it all ;)
but to both people good luck :P to bad I got eliminated round 1 :P

Go Scruffy! Good to see you held up your promise...but I didn't. xp

I so wanted to be in the finals with you so I could use my hail team but yeah. lol

Rated thread 5 stars.

Go Scruffy! Good to see you held up your promise...but I didn't. xp

I so wanted to be in the finals with you so I could use my hail team but yeah. lol

Rated thread 5 stars.
Clauses
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO moves Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • NO Hacked Pokemon
  • NO Weather
Yeah, about that hail... lol

Scruffy has to win. He's been asking for UU battles for a long time now, he should have gotten his team the way he wants it.

OMG :D idk who to choose the best of luck to both of you so that means i have to hold off my video of jigos battle till this is over right :'(

What Jigo said :P
I'm thinking either tonight or tomorrow night is going to be looking pretty good for me, since my wifi is better at night and he's 5 hours behind me, so my 2am would be his 9pm lol.

OK guys, get the battle done whenever, I leave for San Diego tomorrow morning, so I won't be online much to update and stuff. I will get prize sorted out when I come back (August 16th) and start the sign ups for the next tournament which will be OU. Good luck to both! And make sure to record or something as I'm sure alot of us want to know about how the match went!

oh my god my things wouldnt die fast enough...
I swear to god that battle must have been like 45 minutes, at least. and I'm the most impatient person in the world. my battery went red in the middle of it. hah

Scruffy wins. gg

an OU tourney sounds good =]

Good game Jigo. Sorry about the all the time it took though =/. I can honestly say it only dragged on for a few turns when we both had our bulky waters out but other than that the battle was really moving.

I recorded the battle on my Vs. Recorder and tried to upload it to the GTS, but it wouldn't let me because there appeared to something wrong with the recipient's pokemon. Trust me, I know Jigo didn't do anything stupid, probably just EV'ed some stuff wrong (happens to me too =/), but all I'm saying is that I can't upload the battle for people to see.

I don't have a video camera either to tape and upload it to youtube either. This kinda blows =(. I know it was a long battle but still, the championship game would of been fun to rewatch reguardless, to see the best 2 teams in the tourney go at it.

I did EV some things with AR if that's what messed up the video =/
and the only thing I used that was actually mine was a crappy Rotom I bred just enough to get HP Ice. haha

NO Hacked Pokemon

... No comment guys, I don't get why 99% of Smogon are lame and lazy and don't EV the Pokemon the right way. Is 20 minutes too long...? UGH

I'll do what I can to get the video on youtube first. Going to have to steal a friends video camera and figure out how to put it on youtube and also speed up the battle since it literally was around 45 minutes (any advice via pm how to do that would be appreciated ;) ).

If any of you use a flashcart and are willing to send me your .sav file I can record the battle and upload it on to my youtube account. I can get it in HD so it'll be super duper legit quality. I wont fuck with any of the pokemon or do anything that isnt the vs recorder. Just a thought.

NO Hacked Pokemon

... No comment guys, I don't get why 99% of Smogon are lame and lazy and don't EV the Pokemon the right way. Is 20 minutes too long...? UGH
sorry, I guess. EV's by AR isnt hacking to me. I've traded for things EV'd by AR before.

EDIT: oh, but DEZTROYA got my video up? I only changed my Roserade in that time, which was a BP. odd.

Why do I get the feeling that Scruffy pulled a stall team on Jigo :P
STALL TEAMS DON'T NEED SPIKES OR TOXIC SPIKES, SCRUFFY, JUST A LOT OF POKEMON WITH REST, SLEEP TALK, AND TOXIC. Haha - Congratulations to both of you guys!

Why do I get the feeling that Scruffy pulled a stall team on Jigo :P
STALL TEAMS DON'T NEED SPIKES OR TOXIC SPIKES, SCRUFFY, JUST A LOT OF POKEMON WITH REST, SLEEP TALK, AND TOXIC. Haha - Congratulations to both of you guys!
Lol well your guess was very accurate :P. Although you can't say I was the typical stall, as I did NOT run Chansey or Toxic Spikes on my team :P

What I'm going to TRY to do (because it is the only option I can really do right now and have it ready sometime tomorrow) is to record the battle on my computer's webcam (which isn't all that good of quality but I'll see what I can do) and try to have it uploaded to youtube.

haha, Erodent, you better not be running a mono-color stall team!!!

anyways, my team's up in the RMT section and I'd love if you guys could help me out with it!

sorry about the video problems, Scruffy =/

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im looking forward to see your matches up scruffy :) I dont even remember what Team I played with XD

Okay, here's what I had written down for the longest time. I've got rounds 1, 3, and 4 recorded and uploaded to the GTS. Here they are (if any of you were interested):

Round 1 vs. Eiganjo: 26-72324-40438
Round 3 vs. Asiankid: 87- 57355-62479
Round 4 vs Honchcrow: 25-08496-76792

The first battle I used the team I had been using for a long team that had plenty of wholes but was very good at sweeping I was able to remove certain counters (which my team was able to do most of the time). After beating Sandman in round 2 with that team, I switched to a stall team that I'ld been trying out and became really comfortable using it. So, battles 3 and 4 are my stall team (no changes were made to that stall team during any part of the tourney).

Those are the actual video numbers, and I remember saving them onto my game as I uploaded each of them just to double check. Sorry i couldn't upload the championship match, but I hope everyone who takes the time to watch those enjoy the battles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)