Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2009

Thank you for the statistics!
Lucario is doing well in UBER as always lol.
I wonder who will come down to OU from UBER and such this time :X
Things don't come down to OU from Uber the way they do from OU to UU. Uber is essentially a ban list from Standard play. The Uber Ladder is like the Vintage format for Magic: the Gathering; it's a place where you can play with anything, even the banned stuff.

On that note, thanks, Doug! Great work as always.

Also, with Roserade and Registeel sitting at #1 and 2 in UU, I can't wait to see how that changes with Dugtrio coming down to say hi!
And Honchkrow coming down to say "I'm back."
I'm somewhat amazed that Kingdra and Machamp are seeing more use than Skarmory. From what I recall seeing on the OU ladder, Skarmory was a fairly common sight whereas Machamp I saw once in a blue moon and Kingdra once at most. Then again, it might be that all the Machamp and Kingdra users are in a different timezone.

| Ariados | Move | Sucker Punch | 56.4 |

Good to see he's still taking down those Alakazam like a champ.

Thanks for the stats Doug, I wonder if X-Act will post any tiering changes?

Things don't come down to OU from Uber the way they do from OU to UU. Uber is essentially a ban list from Standard play. The Uber Ladder is like the Vintage format for Magic: the Gathering; it's a place where you can play with anything, even the banned stuff.

On that note, thanks, Doug! Great work as always.
I know.
They are, however, doing the suspect testing stage 3.
I am talking about when the tests are done and the votes are in

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the stats Doug.

| Ludicolo | Attack EV | Max | 9.0 |
| Ludicolo | Move | Swords Dance | 8.5 |

Swords Dance Ludicolo needs more love and who are maxing Ludicolos Atk but not giving it Swords Dance!?

Thanks a lot Doug. Been lurking around these stats for the longest time and finally felt the need to post and say Thank You for all of your hard work. I realize a lot of people say thank you, but know that mine is not just to say it- I say it because I use them and follow them so much. Thank you again, Doug. Keep up the hard work, you're appreciated.

Metagross at 5 and azelf at 15?! For pokes that are usually leads, they're really high up on that list.

Suicune at 29 makes me wonder. That thing is still one of the hardest things to counter in the current metagame.

Great job Doug! And happy Bday smogon server!

actually im really confused about the steel wall thing: skarmory i guess i could see getting less usage than machamp and kingdra because of forretress moving into stall teams as the new steel spiker ... but wait, forrtress is even lower than skarm?_?

im utterly confused at this, forrey and skarm are both excellent pokemon, i think they deserve some top 25 love.

| 51 | Roserade | 27408 | 3.34 |

Hmm, Roserade is getting close to the OU cutoff of 3.4%. So remember, OU players, if you use Roserade more, you can completely screw up the UU tier.

Also, Porygon2 is 52nd in UU and 48th in OU. So when you remove the top ~50 Pokemon from the tier, Porygon2 becomes relatively worse. Nice.

Also, Porygon2 is 52nd in UU and 48th in OU. So when you remove the top ~50 Pokemon from the tier, Porygon2 becomes relatively worse. Nice.
I laughed out loud at this. I guess not many of the good things in UU have abilities that Trace can effectively turn against them?

I'm not surprised at all over this, P2's main use is basically a check for Gyarados, Salamence and Heatran. I use him in OU all the time.

Thanks for the stats Doug.

| Ludicolo | Attack EV | Max | 9.0 |
| Ludicolo | Move | Swords Dance | 8.5 |

Swords Dance Ludicolo needs more love and who are maxing Ludicolos Atk but not giving it Swords Dance!?
They could just be giving it a lot, but not max attack; a little bulk.

| 51 | Roserade | 27408 | 3.34 |

Hmm, Roserade is getting close to the OU cutoff of 3.4%. So remember, OU players, if you use Roserade more, you can completely screw up the UU tier.
Oh fuck. Well, it will bring up Venusaur and Torterra though.

Speaking of which, Torterra is in the Top 20!!! I remember when it was below the NU cutoff line.

Hey stop using Roserade guys...I wanna still use it in UU!

Thanks for the stats as always Doug.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Thanks for the stats again Doug.

Lucario keeps going up in the stats for OU

Again the Advance trio is changed from top 3 in Ubers. Seems like a lot of people abuse Palkia.

rotom-a made it to the top 10?thats great news!seems that dragonite is slowly rising

thanks for the stats doug!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)