VGC's Metagame

What? No.

Even if HG\SS's RNG is programmed differently than DPP, it will probably be figured out by the time the next VGC rolls around.

I believe in mingot and his RNG cracking abilities! </dark knight imitation>

Yes, I think that they even might get started on the Japanese versions when they come out, but either way it'll get cracked eventually, most likely before next year's VGC. Plus, we can trade over pokes from Platinum and other games, so it'd only be a few pokes that we might know how to RNG for, if they change it at all.

Well with all this talk about ubers being allowed in VGC next year, does anybody else think its a bit odd that they are only allowing the 9 legendaries that are obtainable in HG/SS? I mean if players are expected to make a team of 6, there isn't very much to choose from conisdering the limited amount of pokemon that are viable in ubers. Now I'm not saying that those 9 will be the only viable pokemon, as there are definitely other pokemon that are usefull in ubers, but won't the metagame be really overcentralized? This is why I don't think that this rumor is actually true, since the reason why it was started was becuase of an episode of Pokemon Sunday (which is in Japanese for those of you who don't know), and it could have easily been mistranslated.

Well with all this talk about ubers being allowed in VGC next year, does anybody else think its a bit odd that they are only allowing the 9 legendaries that are obtainable in HG/SS? I mean if players are expected to make a team of 6, there isn't very much to choose from conisdering the limited amount of pokemon that are viable in ubers. Now I'm not saying that those 9 will be the only viable pokemon, as there are definitely other pokemon that are usefull in ubers, but won't the metagame be really overcentralized? This is why I don't think that this rumor is actually true, since the reason why it was started was becuase of an episode of Pokemon Sunday (which is in Japanese for those of you who don't know), and it could have easily been mistranslated.
The ubers they are not allowing were event only legends. Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, manaphy, mew, celebi, jirachi, shaymin. All the other ubers I didn't list are already useable in VGC (Latios, Garchomp, Wobbuffet, wynaut). I don't think it is odd at all, seeing as the ones that remain are event only and not everyone has access to them so they kept them banned. Manaphy, mew, celebi, mew, jirachi, and shaymin would all most likely not be used in doubles. Arceus just came out at level 100 only, and it seems to still be level 50. If Darkrai was allowed, it would force a lum berry and chesto on every team. Not allowing Darkrai is alright with me.

I think Primeape and Honchkrow will rise in usage if Darkrai is allowed.
Primeape and honchkrow aren't that good. I am pretty sure most of the Ubers can OHKO both of them. Just because they can't fall asleep doesn't make them good. A lum or chesto berry is more successful because you can still use an uber and kill darkrai yet still have a strong pokemon out.

I think the event one has dark void at 50 however. Spacial rend too.

And even then, it's an event so it's unlikely to be made legal. Would be a major threat if it was though.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Thoughts on this team? Looking at options for next year's VGC. They're all level 100 right now, but I modified their moves based on a level 50 cap.

I don't want to post it in the RMT forum since I'm still experimenting with it.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed/4 HP
Ice Beam
Thunder
Calm Mind
Protect

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid
252 Spa/252 Speed/4 HP
Spacial Rend
Thunder
Fire Blast
Protect

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Stone Edge
EQ
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
Timid
252 SpA/252 Speed/4 HP
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Taunt
Thunder

Thoughts on this team? Looking at options for next year's VGC. They're all level 100 right now, but I modified their moves based on a level 50 cap.

I don't want to post it in the RMT forum since I'm still experimenting with it.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed/4 HP
Ice Beam
Thunder
Calm Mind
Protect

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid
252 Spa/252 Speed/4 HP
Spacial Rend
Thunder
Fire Blast
Protect

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Stone Edge
EQ
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
Timid
252 SpA/252 Speed/4 HP
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Taunt
Thunder
It isn't too bad, but there are a couple of problems which stand out here.

Firstly, you don't have any water moves which you should be making the most of, really. Kyogre with surf would be fine (4x resist on Palkia helps a lot) and Palkia could have hydro pump in place of fire blast, which isn't that useful. Mewtwo should be a lead also, seeing as having a taunter coming out last is kind of pointless. Rayquaza doesn't make too much sense either, because air lock screws all its teammates over. Stone edge is a strange choice too. Kyogre's calm mind seems unnecessary also.

In short, it's a decent first attempt but I can't really see it working. Will probably be great next year when you've refined it.

I'm going to have a roll with it on NBS now. But already not using a water move on palkia nor kyogre is just asking to die.

I developed a team for next year's VGC metagame as well.

The Leads:

groudon @ Iron Ball
Brave/Adamant
252HP,252attack,6def

-Roar
-Earthquake
-Fling/Fire Fang/Rock Slide
-Protect

+

Zapdos @ Lum Berry
Modest
252 HP/116 Sp Att/140 Sp Def

-Detect
-Heat Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Discharge

Ok, to start with the leads. This is kind of like Chomp+Zap but much better, and now with ubers. Iron ball is to make Groudon ESPECIALLY slow just incase any kyogres,abamosnows, or hippodons come in and with Fling, a 130BP move coming from a 200+attack groudon is no fucking joke. Earthquake for Metagross and for STAB. I probably am not going to run rock slide only because I already have Zappy using Discharge. Roar is -5speed, and TR is -6speed so I roar out any TRers. As for Zapdos, Heat Wave is boosted and takes a chunk out of leads that aren't heatran(that Groudon is able to kill). If a raquaza+ X co mes in, I just discharge+fling. Pretty self explanatory and the rest:

Giritina@Chesto/Leftovers
Impish
252spD,252HP,6def

-Shadow Force
-Shadow Sneak
-Protect/Rest
-Dragon Claw/SleepTalk

yes im kind of abusing the fact that we can use ubers XD. But, yeah, kind of a switch in to explosions and to kill anything that doesn't resist at low HP. I was thinking of rest talk. Im not so sure about how to use Giritina, just a filler I thought I'd use to avoid explosions. Shadow Force to hit through Protects. Counters Cress,Pixies,and other psychics.

+

Infernape @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Naive
252spe,200spA,52attack

-Flamethrower
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Hidden Power(Ice)/Grass Knot

I consider Fake Out a late game priority move. It comes in on anything at 1HP and helps me stall out TR if it occurs. Playing it safe with flamethrower since I cannot affort a miss in the championships XD. HP Ice for any dragons I dont happen to kill. Or I might run grass knot for waters like Milotic and stuff that my team has trouble with. But yeah, kind of an RMT.

I really have No problems with Rain Dance,Hail, but if someone decides to run a Relaxed Hippodon or something. I may be screwed. TR, if going to get set up, they have to fake out my groudon with Smeargle. And even if, Groudon still is very slow,same as giritina, and Fake Out will come in and kill smeargle after I discharge/heat wave.

all comments greatly appreciated ^_^.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)