Minor Character Mafia - Game Over (Hateful Victory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Shiv
Hosted by myself and user Serenity ^_^
Minor Character Mafia

One day, there was a gathering of some of the most deceptive, dangerous individuals in the universe. They all had their own goals, and were willing to do whatever it took to achieve them. Nobody knew what was going to happen - would justice triumph? Would evil conquer the world? Everyone prepared for a battle that would rock the foundations of the earth and be remembered for centuries to come.

Unfortunately, all of that happened elsewhere. While this war was taking place, a bunch of somewhat less deceptive and dangerous individuals ended up together in some way or another, and whenever people got together, there were sure to be conflicts.

Some of them didn't like other people, and other people didn't like them. With that thought in mind, they decided that the best thing to do would be just to kill everyone else so nobody would bug them. They were the Hateful. (mafia)

On the opposite end, there were some people who had a collective ego bigger than the sun. All of them thought they were so great that nobody else deserved to exist, so they grouped up to make this happen. Needless to say, they Loved themselves very much. (mafia)

And then, there were just some people that were fine to live and let live. None of them really cared much. In other words, they were all Indifferent. (village)

Also, though nobody was really sure if they even existed, rumors of Neutrals working under their own secret agenda circulated about.

RULES

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, but deaths can happen on Night 0 just like any other night.

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Fishin AND Serenity.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Fishin and Serenity stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

8. There is no "Scavenger" ability, and information about items (neither those initially held nor those held upon death) will not be revealed upon a user's death. Stealing abilities are allowed to target a dead user - this is the only way to recover items from a corpse.

9. "Minor Character" can mean any character that isn't really a main character. Someone like Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, for example, would qualify. Characters may come from anything - TV shows, movies, anime, books, video games, real life, websites, etc.

10. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

11. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

Role PMs will (generally) look like this:

Attention USER,
You are Character (source of character).
You are allied with the Indifferent/Hateful/Loved.
or
You are Neutral.

A paragraph or two of flavor text about what character you are will go here.

A paragraph or two of information about your ability/abilities will go here.

If your character holds an item, information about your item will go here.

You win if the Indifferent/Hateful/Loved win.
or
You win if <custom win condition here>.
Note that some role PMs WILL stray from the aforementioned format, so be wary (some may be missing the comma after the user's name, that was a mistake of mine). Most PMs will be kept fairly short in order to make it easier to false claim. If part of a character's role PM is knowledge of something, that part will be snipped out upon death. Mafia groups can feel free to ask for help writing a PM.

Pictures will only be shown in role PMs in the post where the user dies, so don't worry about adding one to yours.

But wait! Suddenly, a bunch of nameless users dropped dead so that you could see their role PMs for reference. How convenient.

Attention USER,
You are Rad (Final Fantasy Tactics).
You are allied with the Indifferent.

You're Gafgarion's squire, and one of the least important characters there is. Virtually the only thing keeping you from becoming a generic unit is your name.

Even a Squire can aspire to greatness someday, though. Your greatest asset is your versatility - you have the ability to switch jobs by sending a PM to the host titled "Night X - changing job to Y" (do note that you will not be able to use any night role the night you change jobs), and each job will grant you additional abilities. You'll be filling the holes this army leaves behind - in other words, you'll obtain jobs upon the deaths of certain Indifferent roles, and the abilities of the jobs you obtain will mirror those of the lost roles to an extent. You will be sent a PM upon the availability of a new job. Currently, the only job you have is Squire, which has no special abilities.

You win if the Indifferent win.
Attention Hobo Joe,
You are Waspinator (Beast Wars Transformers).
You are allied with the Hateful.

Why universe hate Waspinator? Waspinator just wants to do his job, but village always getting in Waspinator's way. Waspinator sick of the village, sick of the loved, and Waspinator especially sick of getting blown to scrap all the time.

At night, Waspinator attacks user by PMing the host with "Night X - Attacking USER". Waspinator attacks and buzzes and attacks with his buzzsaw. Target will have to use their night role on Waspinator, Waspinator lives...hopefully.

Waspinator win if the Hateful win.
Attention USER,
You are Eeveetrainer (#smogon).
You are allied with the Hateful.

<Steelicks> such a sad, pathetic loner
<Steelicks> no life... no friends...
* wiivile was kicked by Steelicks (nobody loves you)

That about sums up your life. Despite the regular beatings you get from Steelicks, you continue to hang around the Smogon community. Nobody knows why you do it, but luck has finally smiled on you and given you a chance at revenge.

Unfortunately, you have pretty much no redeeming traits. The only thing you're good at is proxies, and using them, you've managed to create an account with which to protect yourself. If a user is being lynched during the day, you may PM the host with "Day X - sacrificing alt". You'll send the secondary account out to be lynched instead of the current target. This will only work once.

You win if the Hateful win.
Attention USER,
You are Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons).
You are allied with the Loved.

Excellent. You're the richest, most influential man in Springfield, and one of the meanest. Your superior intellect and class has lead you to leave your mansion and join forces with the other Loved, where you plan to use your immense wealth and influence to your advantage, despite having the physical prowess of an ant.

At night, you may PM the host with "Night X - Releasing the hounds". If you do so, any users that target you with a night role will be ripped to shreds by vicious attack dogs.

You win if the Loved win.
It is now Night 0. The night will end roughly 70 hours from the time of this post. Role PMs have been sent. Good luck!

Player list

Living: (11)

1. moi
4. macle
5. Yoshi King
7. Kumar
8. askaninjask
11. lanterminator
12. Thunda
15. matty
17. Sidd
20. sanjay120
22. Bass

Dead: (12)

14. KnightoftheWind (???, Indifferent thief, godkilled Night 0)

9. GTS (Unknown, dissected Night 0)
18. supermarth64 (Maes Hughes, Indifferent Inspector, killed by a slash wound Night 0)

10. Xyphang (Q, Indifferent Inventor, lynched Day 1)

10. timw06 (Anna, Indifferent Villager, killed by a slash wound Night 1)

9. Dogfish44 (Unknown, dissected Night 1)

21. blue_light (Reptar, Indifferent Hooker/Safeguard, godkilled Day 2)
3. LonelyNess (The Announcer, Loved Announcer, lynched Day 2)

19. Jimbo (Excalibur, Loved killer, killed by an energy blade Night 2)

6. Mr_Goodbar (unknown, dissected Night 2)
23. Ace Matador. (Scotty, Indifferent Bodyguard, killed by a slash wound Night 2)

2. Xyrem Aether G (Vizzini, Loved Thief/psuedo inspector, lynched Day 3)

Hey guys it's me, blue_light.

No that's not really my posting restriction, but I will however attempt to run this village as not a mole! I am the village hooker, if anyone would like to counterclaim go ahead right now. I would like all Indifferent to contact me preferably between now and the end of Day 1. At the end of N1 I will supply my role pm to any who are interested, as for now I can only say that I am Reptar from Rugrats.

All role PMs are sent.

(as a friendly reminder, role PMs cannot be shown to other players until Night 0 has ended, barring mafia on the same team)

Also, just to make it clear again, you CAN die tonight.

Suddenly, a spear fell from the sky and landed squarely in the heart of Knightofthewind. As blood spilled out, it seemed to form letters that said:

DON'T POST YOUR ROLE PMS ON NIGHT 0.

Attention KnightoftheWind,
You are ??? (The Legend of Zelda).

P...Paper!

Nobody knows your real name, or even what you look like. All that's ever been seen of you is...your hand. Coming out of a toilet, demanding paper, for reasons that are never fully explained.

Each night, you can PM the host titled "Night X - Frightening USER". You'll pop out of the toilet at the worst possible moment, scaring the life out of them. They'll be out of there so fast that they won't have a chance to grab their items, which leaves you free to take them.

Gah, my brain glitched at that point, sorry everyone :(

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering why I did it, I merely skimmed the rule in a daze and interpreted it as "No pasting role PMs in the thread on Night 0". Why did I have to be so retarded?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Can the inspector PM me, I have a certain object of great importance. I need contact before the end of day 1. Night 1 contact will fail. This will give the Indifferent a greater chance of sucsess.

Day 1

Day broke, and you knew there would be bodies on the ground. Of course, since someone died last night everyone was thinking they'd be pretty numb to it, but the corpse on the ground shattered those expectations. Instead of being brutally torn apart by something that had no respect for life, the body everyone saw had been neatly disassembled by someone who had far too much. You couldn't even really tell who the corpse belonged to, but the closest match seemed to be GTS.

Attention GTS,
You are ???????? (??????).
You are allied with ???????.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You win if ????????
Due to the damage, nobody could tell what GTS was. (no, that picture is not actually of his character)

Another dead body lay on the ground nearby. This one was slightly less disturbing, but no less tragic - supermarth64 lay on the ground near a phone booth, with a large slash wound through his upper body.

Attention supermarth64,
You are Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist).

Honestly, war doesn't interest you. Now that you have a wife and a kid to look after, you're fine with simple office work, where your safety would be assured. Now that you're stuck here, though, you've got no choice. For the sake of your wife and your simply adorable little girl, you've got to make it through this war, or at the very least, secure a safe future for everyone else.

You're capable in a fight, but your true talent lies with bureaucracy, and in particular, information gathering. At night, you may PM the host with "Night X - Investigating USER". You'll search through all the files the government has and, if they're on the records, you'll come up with their name and alliance. Not all mafia will show up on the records, however.

All results PMs are out. Raikage is damp.

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch target.

don't shoot the messenger

blue_light said:
Fishin said:
Attention blue_light
You are Reptar (Rugrats).

You're that green dinosaur that all the kids in the neighborhood look up to and see at theme parks. Unfortunately, nobody is sure if you're an actual dinosaur or just a guy in a suit getting paid minimum wage.

At night, you can PM the host with "Night X - Roaring at USER". The user you roar at will be frightened out of their wits thinking you're a real dinosaur and won't be able to complete any night action. Nobody fucks with Reptar.

Thunda since you claim to be the <snip>, I am giving you my role pm which you are to post in the main thread as I am silenced for Day 1. Please ask the people to claim to me before the day ends.
<snip> is obviously my role which I'm not telling you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)