An RMT says 1000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time as come, my experience from being a one post count poster to a 1000 post count poster has been extraordinary. Before my not too long ago 4 month (I think) break, I’ve been under the account name Syprus, who was originally known as Poopazing (gasp!). Yes, I know. I was a complete idiot back then, I even second-guess myself when I read the posts I’ve done on Syprus, I can’t believe I was like that to be honest. Anyway, when I came back, I knew that I was a better person, and I knew it was time for me to step up and get involved.

My time here on Smogon so far has been incredible. I’ve been contributing to things I’ve never even thought about doing, and to show my accomplishments, I was rewarded with a nice badge (which I am very proud of), a driver’s license for HAL9000, and HOps on IRC. I’ve made many friends and have become, to my knowledge, well known throughout the community. With that being said, I will be sharing one of my most, if the not the most, successful CAP teams I have made in my 1k thread, just to keep it slightly interesting I guess. I present to you...

Team HAL1000

Swampert @ Leftovers | Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD | Torrent
  • Hydro Pump
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Stealth Rock

Description: Swampert, in my opinion, is one of the most reliable leads to use, since not many of opposing leads can 2HKO it, which I find quite beneficial. His typing and durability always seems to catch my attention, and he’s a really great Stealth Rock user. Not only that, but even though he may seem to be very bulky on both the special and physical sides, he can still hit very hard with his dual STAB attacks.

Moveset: The moveset I chose is designed to give Swampert that sort of push in offensive power. With Hydro Pump and Earthquake, Swampert can 2HKO most of Obi’s standard Stall team; Skarmory, Hippowdon, Tentacruel, and Rotom-A, and Blissey wouldn’t like taking repeated Earthquakes. Ice Beam is needed to nail Latias, Salamence, and Flygon, because I don’t want the former two to get a free set up and Flygon to scout my switch-in (or if I stay in which I might).

EVs & Nature: The EVs and Nature are pretty standard. Maxing out Defense and HP and using a Relaxed nature will give me extremely good physical bulk and also gives me great bulk in general. That spread will give me the chance to survive Salamence’s Outrage or Draco Meteor for example, which leads me to OHKOing it with Ice Beam. Relaxed won’t hinder any of Swampert’s offensive attacks, which is what I need because Swampert is generally being used as a mixed attacker.

Item Choice: Leftovers is the obvious item. I was thinking of Lum Berry, but that’s useless since the only common sleep-inducing leads are Roserade and Breloom, which will just KO me with their STAB Grass moves.

Kitsunoh @ Leftovers | Jolly
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe | Limber
  • ShadowStrike
  • Superpower
  • Substitute
  • Will-O-Wisp

Description: When I was building this team, I completely forgot about Kitsunoh’s potential. This is my first time using him in a team, and I am very impressed by his performance. His typing is great and his movepool has a ton of options offensively and defensively.

Moveset: The moveset I’ve chosen was made by myself, it’s nothing standard at all. This Kitsunoh is kind of meant to use the element of surprise by firing off Will-O-Wisp against the likes of Gyarados, Metagross, Tyranitar, and Salamence, since they will most likely never suspect something like that. Substitute just adds more to the effect of the opponent not realizing I have Will-O-Wisp waiting in the wings, and it’s also a fantastic scouting move. For my offensive options, I chose to go with ShadowStrike and Superpower. ShadowStrike is an excellent move of course, and its handy Defense drop is very helpful. With Superpower, I once again use the element of surprise and hit something insanely hard, and I don’t really mind the Defense drop due to Will-O-Wisp and the Attack drop due to ShadowStrike’s chance to drop the opponent’s Defense.

EVs, Nature & Ability: Fairly standard EV spread and nature. I need to use max Speed to tie with Latias and friends so I can eliminate them right away, and 252 Attack EVs will give my offensive moves a ton of power. I chose to run Limber since being paralyzed will really drain Kitsunoh’s effectiveness, and Frisk isn’t going to help me as much since Kitsunoh his not a hit-and-run type of Pokemon with this set.

Item Choice: I chose to go with Leftovers to gain as much survivability as possible and setting up more than four Substitutes.

Metagross @ Choice Band | Adamant
252 HP / 234 Atk / 12 Def / 12 Spe | Clear Body
  • Meteor Mash
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion
  • Bullet Punch

Description: Metagross has been one of the most used Steel-type, and obviously for a good reason. Kitsunoh is sometimes not defensive enough to withstand boosted Outrages from Pokemon like Salamence, so this is where Metagross takes the hit instead and finishes it off. Overall, Metagross has been doing insanely well for me, and it’s a great team member.

Moveset: The moveset I’ve chosen is pretty simple. Meteor Mash is my main STAB attack and hits insanely hard, while Earthquake lets me smack other Steel-types like Jirachi or opposing Metagross. I needed Explosion on Metagross as it basically OHKOes everything, resisted or not, which is really cool. Since my whole team is lacking priority, I included Bullet Punch to put the hurt in faster threats and Pokemon that have boosted their Speed, like DDMence.

EVs & Nature: Straightforward EV spread. Max HP to give as much durability as possible, 234 Attack EVs for a nice, even 400 Attack stat, and I chose to run 12 Speed instead of 8 Speed so I can outrun other CBGross, so I can kill them before they kill me.

Item Choice: I chose to use Choice Band to make Metagross’ Attack considerably stronger, reaching a flat 600. It also makes Bullet Punch much more powerful and more reliable to finish off weakened threats. A CB Explosion becomes insanely powerful like I mentioned above, being able to almost OHKO the standard Skarmory. Also, I needed a powerful physical attacker that can hit hard right off the bat, so Choice Banded Metagross fits the bill perfectly.

Latias @ Life Orb | Timid
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Levitate
  • Draco Meteor
  • Thunderbolt
  • Surf
  • Recover

Description: Latias has been very reliable for me nowadays. The role it plays is dedicated to hit reasonably hard and still being able to alternate between attacks, unlike Metagross and Stratagem. It has the typing to switch into many different types, and it has decent overall bulk to back it up to.

Moveset: This is the most common moveset I use with Latias, and it’s very effective. Draco Meteor does a ton of damage and can OHKO many specially frail Pokemon, which is always nice. Thunderbolt and Surf are fantastic moves that offer great coverage, the former nailing Gyarados, while the latter takes on Heatran and Tyranitar. Lastly, Recover is great to use when I’m running low on health, and in most cases, I always get the chance to use it.

EVs & Nature: Max Special Attack and Speed is used to give Latias the most power it can possibly hold, and a Timid nature lets me tie with Gengar and friends.

Item Choice: Life Orb Latias is pretty threatening if the opponent is unprepared, since it can hit very hard with her STAB Draco Meteor.Not only does it give Latias the potential to hit hard, she can still alternate between attacks, and I needed something like that in my team.

Stratagem @ Choice Specs | Timid
6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Levitate
  • Paleo Wave
  • Earth Power
  • Flamethrower
  • Energy Ball

Description: Stratagem is probably my favourite CAP to use. He’s such a great sweeper and he has a fantastic offensive movepool to work with. His high Speed and Special Attack makes him amazing at his job, so I basically always use Stratagem on many of my teams.

Moveset: The moveset I chose gives Stratagem fantastic coverage, hitting 11 different types for super effective damage. Paleo Wave destroys Flying-types, particularly Gyarados and Salamence. Earth Power gives me the special EdgeQuake combo, and hits Pokemon like Heatran and Tyranitar for heavy damage. Flamethrower lets me smack Bronzong and Metagross, while Energy Ball lets me hit Vaporeon, Suicune, and Swampert hard.

EVs, Nature & Ability: Nothing too surprising about the EV spread. Max SpA and Speed to offer as much offensive potential as possible, and a Timid nature is used so I can outrun +1 Adamant Gyarados. I chose to use Levitate because as a Choiced Sweeper, Stratagem needs as many opportunities to switch in as possible. Also, if I use Technician, that just gives me an added Ground weakness, while Levitate removes a Ground-weakness for an immunity.

Item Choice: Whenever I use Stratagem, I usually use a Choice Specs version, because it’s really devastating. SpecsGem is insanely powerful and can hit extremely hard with its STAB Paleo Wave, it can even have a chance to OHKO the standard CB Scizor (with a little bit of prior damage) if it thinks about switching in to take the hit. I’ve always loved using this, and I like abusing its high Speed and its just like Metagross; hitting hard right off the bat, but on the special side.

Arghonaut @ Leftovers | Careful
252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD | Unaware
  • Bulk Up
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
  • Waterfall

Description: Arghonaut is such a good Pokemon to use, and I feel it’s concept was a success. He’s just so reliable in a ton of situations, and his ability is just insanely good with his awesome overall bulk. I just love this guy and he’s so successful at what he does. He takes on a bunch of major threats, like Scizor and Gyarados, giving him the perfect opportunity to set up.

Moveset: I chose to run a mono attacking set with Bulk Up and Waterfall. It’s played basically the same way as CursePert, except I think Arghonaut is slightly better at it. After a couple of Bulk Ups, Arghonaut becomes a pain to take down, so he usually ends up sweeping teams if the opponent doesn’t have anything with super effective STAB attacks to take it on.

EVs & Nature: Max HP and max SpD with a Careful nature is used to give Arghonaut as much special bulk as possible, since he’s not boosting it up at all. This allows Arghonaut to effectively take hits on both sides of the spectrum, becoming quite a nuisance.

Item Choice: Leftovers is the only viable option on this kind of set, so I decided to opt for it and it’s always been helpful with its 6% HP recovery. This way, I don’t always have to rely on using Rest to recover back my health, since Leftovers will help me use it less.

Comment/Rate/Hate/Steal, whatever you want to do!

CAP Threat List

Minor threat.

Workable threat.

Major threat.

Bass:

Since his recent evolution to his next level, Bass has come a pretty troublesome threat. He wasn’t this hard to beat before, but I can still handle him.

Beef 2.0

I eat him before he makes a move.

Beej:

Beej has been watching my every move, meaning that he troubles me since he knows what I do and can react accordingly.

Bloo:

He was threatening before, but not anymore. His Avatar Attack kept stunning me, I just had to watch it over and over again. Luckily, he was nerfed, and is no problem anymore.

Bobtheball4:

Bob is getting really serious. Before Platinum, he was an easy threat and was no problem for me. All of the sudden, he’s gotten very threatening and causes me some problems.

Cyberzero:

Not a threat to my team anymore. Before he was everywhere and he was tough, now, I haven’t seen him nearly as much as I used to.

Darkie:

Huge threat; if he spams his SCHOOL IS THE GREATEST attack powered up by his high Special Attack, I don’t know what to do.

Deck Knight:

Deck is kind of a big threat. His bulk is grand and his power is pretty high. If he starts working out I’m going to have a ton of trouble.

DougJustDoug:

Probably my biggest threat. I don’t have such a good switch-in for him, since his Judgement basically OHKOs everyone.

Dracoyoshi8:

Draco can sometimes be a problem, but if he loses his balls again he’s done for.

Dragonites:

Pretty tough threat, but Dragonites has been a nice, fun target and is usually never a problem for me.

Elevator Music:

Workable threat for me; his kicks can be a pain since they’re so strong.

Eric the espeon:

He’s too nice to be threatening!

Gen. Empoleon:

Workable threat for me. Smokescreen is extremely annoying though and really cripples my team, I have to work around this or I’m in trouble.

GoldenKnight:

He isn’t a threat at all because he loves me, so he won’t try to hurt me at all.

HD:

A new threat that I’ve never seen before when I came back from my break. However, I finally figured out how to deal with him thankfully.

Hybrid:

Not a big threat, I’ve befriended Hybrid for a while now so he can’t do much to me at all.

KoA:

Not really a huge threat, but he’s still a problem. The drawings he throws at me keeps me immobilized for several turns, giving him many opportunities to set up something bad for me.

Leviathan207:

Easy threat to deal with actually. He’s really underrated though, because he can be pretty tough if he gets serious.

LJLeeRSX:

Not that hard to deal with either. His gimmicks sometimes become a nuisance.

Lunar Fang:

Lunar has lost usage, I haven’t talked or battled him in a while. He was a big threat back in the day, not anymore.

Macle:

Not much of a threat because his sadness really loses his effectiveness, but if he’s bright and shiny, he can be slightly hurtful.

Magmortified:

Not even close to being a big threat. He’s been beaten down by Al Alchemist and relies on a lot of hax to bring down me, so that pretty much sums it all up.

Plus:

A really tough competitor if I anger him, however, if he’s happy, he’s an easy target.

ReyScarface:

Another big threat. If I get a lucky crit, his Anger Point ability activates and I’m pretty much screwed in that situation.

Ria:

Nowhere near a threat, she’s always happy and likes to share her happiness with everyone, so how can someone so happy trouble me?

Sheeps:

Not a big threat to me either. Sometimes he has trouble understanding things, his only weakness.

Squirtleboy12:

He’s so bubbly he’s one of the easiest threats to take down, no questions asked.

Stellar:

Stellar was extremely hard to take down because of his insane power. Luckily, he lost a great amount of it and I gained a small amount of it, making him a piece of cake.

Tennisace:

With his recent HGSS updates, he has gained nearly perfect accuracy and can really hurt my team.

Umbreon Dan

Umbreon really likes to try and counter my Pokemon, using whatever knowledge he has to be right. Sometimes he succeeds which is an issue, but when he fails, he fails by a mile.

Vader:

God damn he’s a whale God damn!

Zari:

Not much of a threat since Zari is very supportive to his team, so he’s not really threatening me as much offensively.

Thanks everyone for making my time a great one, I love you all!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[

ORLY?

We love you Fuzz, congrats.

Fuzz consistently underrates my speed btw.

congrats on the 1k! I'm afraid I have to disagree on the threat list though, I think you are pretty screwed on the cyberzero front, considering he tends to run Agiligross w/ Zen Headbutt (a lot) and, and can pretty much beat down 5/6 of your team. And yeah, I really have lost my touch =(
Also, Weavile kinda rapes your Latias and can hurt Metagross and Stratagem with various STAB attacks.

As for you yourself, I'm definitely glad that you came back from your hiatus as you were a pretty good member before, but when you returned, it was a total transformation. I seriously am glad that CAP has you around. Congrats on the 1k, and I hope you keep adding to that!

Also, you will always be Poopazing to me <3

why haven't I seen this team on the ladder? and since when am I a wobuffet?

just to quickly point something out: blissey + defensive zapdos seriously messes you up.

grats on the 1k

HD:

A new threat that I’ve never seen before when I came back from my break. However, I finally figured out how to deal with him thankfully.
I <3 you. And hate you. Remember me goddamnit. Oh and grats on 1K fuzzybuddy.
EDIT: 444>1000

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm kind of sad that losing to Al (which notably involved some hax on his part) is my definition here. :/

But happy 1k anyhow.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Happy deceptive 1K thread Fuzznip, it's been nice having you around.

But in reality we all know I am phanpy and not oddish!

Oh where am i?
Who are you? :(

why haven't I seen this team on the ladder? and since when am I a wobuffet?

just to quickly point something out: blissey + defensive zapdos seriously messes you up.

grats on the 1k
Perhaps you never fought my team? And you probably don't see the point of being a Wobbuffet, think harder.

About the Blissey + Zapdos, I've never really fought that combination, so I wouldn't know.

I <3 you. And hate you. Remember me goddamnit. Oh and grats on 1K fuzzybuddy.
EDIT: 444>1000
You were new when I came back!

I'm kind of sad that losing to Al (which notably involved some hax on his part) is my definition here. :/

But happy 1k anyhow.
Well, that's the first thing that popped in my head. :D

Heh, not a bad idea for a 1k thread. Congrats!

Oh, and:

ReyScarface:

Another big threat. If I get a lucky crit, his Anger Point ability activates and I’m pretty much screwed in that situation.
That's probably the best of the lot.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've enjoyed seeing you grow into a great contributing member of the community. Keep up the good work, and happy 1K!

PS: I'm going to make a Butterfree team just for you (and beat you with it too!)

You were new when I came back!
I forgive you. Though if you make that mistake again, I will find out where you live and mug you in the middle of the night. Mk?

The Rotom-H team I will make shall kick your ass.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Very cool 1K thread! I love the CAP RMT angle with the threat list. Congrats on your milestone!

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
lol I wonder if me not being a problem is because I walk out every game against you :P. In all seriousness, this is a great team, though it's quite susceptible to gimmick teams.

fuzznip>>>>>>poopazing
Happy 1k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)