Chivalry Returns UU RMT

Chivalry Returns UU RMT
In a metagame not so far a way run by deviously underhanded pokemon, a new group of heros rise to stand against the evil and enforce values and morals long forgotten. The goal is to vanquish and to save while following the code of chivalry. The heros work to acheive a balance of offense and defense as the metagame is changing and requires bulk and power to be successful.

Ode of Changes (Will be in bold if changed)
Testing Roost on Krow
Testing magnet rise over aquatail on aggron
Testing out d2m suggested rotom changes
Changed Dusclops to Scarfed Rotom-Franky
Changed Dark Pulse to Focus Blast- Franky
Changed Mespirits moveset and evs- Franky

The Noble Lead

Lead
Prudentia Mespirit @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate"
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset:
Zen Headbutt- Stab
U-Turn- Coverage and prevents her from becoming pursuit bait
Stealth Rock- Obvious deters switches a relative stable
Thunder Wave- Slow Stuff Down and cripple

"Prudence" — Foresight, wisdom, and personal discretion. The name applies because that is what Mespirit does she is not over aggressive and allows basic scouting and weakening of the opponents. Chosen for the combination of bulk and power, she begins the balance that the heros search for. She is the legendary being of emotion that found the hero and told him of his quest. She also knows much more then any of the others and brought the team together.

Why her- Good coverage allows for her to handle anything pretty well. Thunderwave is there to cripple the pokemon as to gain any upper hand, knights are noble not stupid. Stealth rocks is a must. Also her almost blandness allows her to be and overall jack of all trades which is useful. As other members of the team personify the extremes of attack and defense. Furthermore levitate allows her to take earthquakes that scare off aggron.

To Be a Knight you must live by the Sword- The Sweepers

Physical Sweeper
Firmitas Honchrow @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset:
Sucker Punch- Priority
Brave Bird- Stab and Power
Superpower- Coverage
Pursuit- Stab gets people running away from him

"Tenacity" — Strength of mind, the ability to stick to one's purpose. The name applies as krow as one job and sticks to it consistently "destroy the other team." Coming from the dark side himself, he knows the creulty but can attest to also its power. He himself uses several dark techniques to trap his opponent and go for a kill. Luckily the knight was able to befriend him and break him of his dark intentions. Although some are weary of his intentions he currently fights for good with his might leaving many onlookers in awe.

Why Him- As soon as I saw brave bird I wanted to test it out to find that krow has become possibly the most potent UU pokemon. Moves relatively standard as they work. Sucker Punch makes them damn if they attack and the other moves make them damned if they don't. Overall physical powerhouse taking down most of the UU metagame by himself.

Specail Sweeper
Comitas Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Nature: Dry Skin
Ability: Timid
Evs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:
Nasty Plot- Stat Up
Vacuum Wave- Priority Stab
Sludge Bomb- Stab
Dark Pulse/ Focus Blast-Coverage/ stab

"Humour" — Ease of manner, courtesy, openness, and friendliness. With that smile he is always good for a laugh. A skilled assassin specailizing in killing, he is ready to give all he has to win. He often works to finish off enemies while scheming to become powerful enough to fight alone. Although at first he comes off as a loner he has slowly become accostomed to being part of the team.

Why Him- As rain dance teams have been a problem for me in the past I have added toxicroak to soak it up. Running nasty plot set for some surprise but also to add a specail attacker to the team. Priority is always appreciated.

Specail Sweeper/ Trickster
Industria Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset:
Hidden Power Ice- Coverage
Thunderbolt- Stab
Shadowball- Stab
Trick-Crippling

"Industriousness" — Hard work. The name applies as he possibly the hardest worker on the team. Without the refined skills as the other he has learned to do his best even if that means he has to trick his opponent. With the battle for the land growing ever closer a more aggressive member was needed. Constantia returned to the spirit world allowing Industria to take his place after seeing his hard work.

Why Him- Although I tried to escape it the offensive UU metagame pulled me back and I needed more offense to the team. Rotom provides speed to finish off most things while having stab thunderbold to deal with many walls that need to be worn down or finished off. With good typing and levitate rotom can also come in on earthquakes while also avoiding spikes and t-spikes.

Late-Game Sweeper
Virtus Aggron @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
Moveset:
Rock Polish- Get some speed
Aqua Tail- Coverage
Head Smash- Primary move and Stab
Earthquake- coverage

"Manliness" - Valor, excellence, courage, character, and worth. Vir meaning "man". The iron clad knight exemplifies chivalry. In his early years he was banished from the kingdom for opposing the evil he saw in the kingdom only to be wounded by its might. After leaving he spent his time honing his skills and learning new techniques. With a new technique this knight takes his place at the table and can smash skulls with pure brute force. Like any hero he possess fatal weaknesses that he must taken care of by his team.

Why Him- A highly anticipated new HGSS moveset Aggron takes his place as the star of the show and demolishes weakened teams. He was chosen as he was interesting to me and probably several others. As the core of the team I had to build around him but it was worth it as he can really give stuff a beating if use correctly

Every knight needs protection- The Wall

Def Wall
Humanitas Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Moveset:
Hidden Power Grass-Coverage
Recover- Duh
Surf- Stab
Ice Beam-Coverage

"Humanity" — Refinement, civilization, learning, and being cultured. The fair maiden joins team acting as the quintessence of civilization. With great coverage she wears down many foes, placing them in the range to be finished by the more aggresive members. She also possess the ability of durability to survive to see the victory. She looks forward to rebuilding society after the evil has been vanquished. As for battle however she often steps back from a problem and thinks them through.

Why Her- Well because she is a relative stable to the UU metagame and walls much of it while also being able to hit back with a wide move pool. Wears down everything thus makes killing easier as the other members don't have to take hits.

Conclusion
The team works on the basic principle of divide and conquer. Mespirt, Milotic, and Rotom all work to wear down the foe allowing the rest of the team to set-up and go for the win. I know that with the HGSS changes the metagame is in a phase of changing. But I did my best to predict what would occur. If I missed anything always up for suggestions.​

Threat List Coming Eventually

Well thats the team if i missed anything tell me and I will fix it. any help will be appreciated. I know I that it will take a little for the metagame to settle out but i did my best to predict what will happen and a now I would like any suggestions.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Got your pm and this is actually solid for hg/ss. First and foremost, I'd like to point you out to an EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe on Mesprit at a Jolly Nature. With a Jolly Nature, you tie with Pokemon on the base 80 mark, most notibaly Jolly Venusaur, Jolly SD Blaziken, and outpace Adamant SD Toxicroak (a tough threat to budge currently). With that being said, Zen Headbutt / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock / U-turn is the best you can do. Zen Headbutt is the obvious STAB selection to hit many Poison-type threats in UU. Thunder Wave cripples faster Pokemon and such.

On Honckrow, I personally find Roost to be the better option over Pursuit. At best, your trapping Pokemon that pose a threat to you (Rotom, Mismagius) and or bulkier Pokemon like Uxie (which already suffers a shitload from Brave Bird). Roost is such a sweet move because it compensates for the recoil from Life Orb, Brave Bird, and SR and finding time to use it is easy because this bad boy forces switch outs. Roost is defenitley something to look for to keep this dangerous threat alive.

On Toxicroak, I find Focus Blast useful over Dark Pulse for the most part. The reason being is that you can OHKO Donphan with Focus Blast, which is your lure. Donphan loves to come in on Toxi as an intial switch-in and for the most part it stays in because it can't be OHKOed by Vacumm Wave or Dark Pulse. Focus Blast OHKOes it and makes Aggron sweep much more easier.

Dusknoir is probably the weakest link in your team. I'd probably go for Scarf Rotom to improve type coverage, as well as check Rock Polish Torterra which is an obvious threat for this team.

Rotom
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

The addition of this guy is for the sole purpose of type coverage and revenging Rock Polish Torterra mainly. You'll find that Missy with Nasty Plot will never switch-out and Rotom cathces it off guard and can outpace and KO it. Thunderbolt is a god given STAB move on this team to scare off defensive Slowbro, which is an annoying defensive threat from what I see. Hidden Power Ice deals with Torterra mainly. Trick is a sweet move when you want to limit Chansey's options. This makes it soo much easier for Toxicroak to set up, and basicallu make easier switch ins when Chansey is limited to one move. this guy serves as a pursuit bait as well, giving toxicraok a free Nasty Plot. Overall gl.

Okay just a suggestion but I have been using this Aggron set and it works amazing in UU. (I think Legacy Raider created this)

Aggron @ leftovers/ rock head/ adamant
252 Atk, 128 HP, 128 HP

- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
- Head Smash
- Focus Punch/ Earthquake

--> This set is amazing come in on something that Aggron resist (eg. Toxic, a Rock attack, ...) and substitute. Next turn you are almost certain to take down at least one of you opponents pokemon. Or you can Magnet Rise if the opponent sends something in like Dugtrio (most teams don't have fighting moves in UU, which benefits Aggron).
Focus Punch is the superiour option here but since you have no other "Quaker" Earthquake is possible too. 128 Speed EV's allow Aggron to outspeed base 65 Speed pokes (Chansey, Azumarill, ...). Of Course Atk is maxed.

This works amzing with Uxie, since they covers each others weaknesses. I use I lead Uxie and this may be something for you:

Uxie @ Choice scarf/ levitate/ jolly
252 Spe, 252 HP, 6 Atk

- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

--> Work like an UU Jirachi, not much else to say!

Nice team, hoped I helped. ^^

Franky I will definately tryout your suggestions. As black scizor i do not want a trick lead as I will probably be changing dusclops to a trick rotom scarf. As for your aggron suggestion i have seen it in use and it truly is useful however the team already is on the slower side and the speed is very much appreciated.

Just a small nitpick, but I'd suggest changing Honckrow's ability to super luck, because the most common thing, which is Roserade, that will put you to sleep, you don't want to switch into anyways, sludge bomb, and even a resisted leaf storm hurts. The critical chance increase maybe small, but it's better than essentially trying to avoid sweep. More often than not, I find Honchkrow paralyzed than not.

I need the sleep immunity as it is easy to predict and allows krow to come in easier which is needed as he is so frail. Also the sleep immunity guarentees roserade and venus have nothing against him as they are annoying for other members of the team.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I got your PM, so lets see what we can do. This is actually a really great team, with strong individual sweepers and walls. However I do have some suggestions. First of all, I suggest using a different EV spread on Mespirit. I would use a spread of 252 Hp / 128 Atk / 124 Spe as opposed to the spread that you are currently using. 252 Hp EVs are more practical for Mespirit, as it allows it to take hits better from Fake Out Ambipom and Flare Blitz Extremespeed Arcanine leads much better. It can also allow Mespirit to come in later in the match and spam some Thunder Wave around. 128 Attack EVs are good letting Zen Headbutt hit harder (and U-Turn as well). Now with the 124 Spe EVs and a Jolly nature, you can outspeed and U-Turn out of any Honchkrow and Absol that love switching into Mespirit to Pursuit it (you can even outspeed Jolly 252 Spe EVs Absol). The current spread is a little bit impractical, as with max speed Mespirit really won't be outspeeding anything that is really very important, and is a waste of EV distribution. Mespirit wants more bulk, and it really doesn't need 252 Attack EVs because it is primarily a support Pokemon for your team.

I suggest using Choice Scarf Roserade instead of Choice Scarf Rotom on your team. Roserade is much more powerful than Rotom, equally as fast, and packs a nice, fast Sleep Powder. I suggest using a spread of 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe and a Modest nature, and a set of Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, and Hidden Power Ice. 252 SpA EVs and a Modest nature allow Roserade to hit as hard as possible, and take out most any weakened threat with a strong STAB Leaf Storm. 252 Spe EVs allow Roserade to outspeed any positive nature base 130s, even without Roserade using a boosting nature. Leaf Storm and STAB make a good dual STAB combination that is resisted only by Steels and Poison types. Hidden Power Ice lets you hit the many Flying types in UU, especially cocky Yanmega switchins. Sleep Powder is an awesome move on something as fast as Roserade, as it allows you to cripple any fast sweeper getting on your nerves, such as a Nasty Plot Mismagius that has gotten one too many boosts in. While Roserade can't use Trick like Rotom can, your team handles stall very well as it is (courtesy of Milotic), so it isn't a huge loss. Also, thanks to Natural Cure, Roserade can act as a kind of status absorber for your team.

The rest of the team looks pretty good, hope I helped and good luck! =)

Snorlax I will try your evs on mespirit however that max speed allows me to get the speed tie with venusaur and weaken it with zen headbut but also a bunch of other base 80 pokemon and even adamant toxicroak that want to come in beat up my team. Franky explained this well. I will definately try them out.

However as far as roserade rotom is a superior scarfer for this team. To begin he can trick which I like just because it adds some flare to the game. However; He also possess ghost typing and levitate allowing it to protect aggron from its two biggest weaknesses. And that is very important as after a rock polish aggron kills off many UU pokemon. Although it may have it uses I will try it out but I think losing the normal and fighting immunity is detrimental to the team.

Thank you for all the rates. Anyone else?

A defensive core of Chansey/Clefable and Steelix is going to wall this team into next Tuesday. Steelix isn't 2HKO'd by Honchkrow or Aggron even at minimum def and can OHKO the latter and wall the former with Wish support. If you have Focus Blast on Toxicroak, you have a chance, but a small one, it has to be +2 and has to actually hit or he's OHKO'd.

I'd change HP Ice on Rotom to HP Fire and make him Modest. It puts Torterra down to a 2HKO, but it 2HKOs a max/max Steelix 1/3 of the time with SR in play and Chansey will fear the trick. Ice is chosen mainly to hit Grass types, which are still hit SE by HP Fire, you just need to worry about Flash Fire pokes and Altaria (who's killed by Milo anyway). Modest scarf allows him to hit harder while still outspeeding everything that needs outspeeding, it only hurts him if you trick too early, then you can't outspeed a max/timid Roserade or Moltres anymore.

Other than that, it's a rather solid team. I'll edit if I think of anything else.

D2M you hit the nail on the head a defensive dou is really annoying to this team as it possess no wall breaker. I will definately tryout the changes to rotom however I will miss the coverage of ice and also the super effective damage on donphan who like steelix is annoy for the team. And I also can't trick to early as you said. Thank you though for the suggestions

Read: Could toxicroak be changed into a wallbreaker.? This would solve that problem while still allowing to counter rain dance teams. Almost like a faster less powerful wall braking blaziken.

Okay just a suggestion but I have been using this Aggron set and it works amazing in UU. (I think Legacy Raider created this)

Aggron @ leftovers/ rock head/ adamant
252 Atk, 128 HP, 128 HP

- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
- Head Smash
- Focus Punch/ Earthquake

--> This set is amazing come in on something that Aggron resist (eg. Toxic, a Rock attack, ...) and substitute. Next turn you are almost certain to take down at least one of you opponents pokemon. Or you can Magnet Rise if the opponent sends something in like Dugtrio (most teams don't have fighting moves in UU, which benefits Aggron).
Focus Punch is the superiour option here but since you have no other "Quaker" Earthquake is possible too. 128 Speed EV's allow Aggron to outspeed base 65 Speed pokes (Chansey, Azumarill, ...). Of Course Atk is maxed.

This works amzing with Uxie, since they covers each others weaknesses. I use I lead Uxie and this may be something for you:

Uxie @ Choice scarf/ levitate/ jolly
252 Spe, 252 HP, 6 Atk

- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

--> Work like an UU Jirachi, not much else to say!

Nice team, hoped I helped. ^^
just to point something out,you said 128 hp evs twice,i think you mean speed right?

D2M you hit the nail on the head a defensive dou is really annoying to this team as it possess no wall breaker. I will definately tryout the changes to rotom however I will miss the coverage of ice and also the super effective damage on donphan who like steelix is annoy for the team. And I also can't trick to early as you said. Thank you though for the suggestions

Read: Could toxicroak be changed into a wallbreaker.? This would solve that problem while still allowing to counter rain dance teams. Almost like a faster less powerful wall braking blaziken.
He is a wallbreaker, the only problem is that if you use focus blast, you have the accuracy issue, and if you make him mixed, you have to add Cross Chop which has the same accuracy problem with less power and forces you to split EVs.

DONT RUN FOCUS BLAST!!!! Against donphan you can easily switch in milotic or any special attacker and force it out again, ive learned the hard way how terrible a decision that running focus blast is.

DONT RUN FOCUS BLAST!!!! Against donphan you can easily switch in milotic or any special attacker and force it out again, ive learned the hard way how terrible a decision that running focus blast is.
i know what you mean,but focus blast is something dangerous to play around with,you prefer to run focus blast or HP fighting on gengar?(example) HP fighting screw your speed,has less power and dont ohko lucario,i prefer to stop my enemys 70% of times then maybe....not even stoping then at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)