Pachirisu 1 used Quick Attack!
Pachirisu 2 used Quick Attack!
Breloom used Spore!
Porygon fell Asleep!
Porygon is fast asleep!
Porygon used Sleep Talk!
Porygon used Last Resort!
(Last Resort does damage!)

I tested this twice. Once when it was put to sleep turn 1, the other time when it started asleep.

Retested, and I had different results. I don't know how I could have messed it up before.

Same situation (or so I think), at the Restaurant; Smeargle 1 knows Spore, Smeargle 2 has Sleep talk, Last Resort:

S1 used Spore! S2 fell asleep!
S2 used Sleep Talk! S2 used Last Resort!

S1 used Spore! Marril fell asleep!
S2 used Sleep Talk! S2 used last Resort!

S1 used Spore! Wooper fell asleep!
S2 woke up! S2 used Sleep Talk! It failed!

S1 used Spore! S2 fell asleep!
S2 used Sleep Talk! S2 used last Resort!

Perhaps I had taught S2 an extra move when I tried to test it last time. I apologize for the confusion.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Okay. So it looks like the actual mechanic is that the move becomes used for the purpose of Last Resort as soon as you see "[Pokemon] used [move]!" That's consistent with all the results.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Now that we're able to do HGSS testing*, the $64,000 question is: are the platinum weather mechanics still in HGSS? It might be a little while before somebody is actually able to test this, but the instructions to test are found in the opening post under "Platinum weather mechanics".

*Join #stark on irc.synirc.net for details.

It's based on whether you've used the move, not whether you've selected it. Also, the mechanic of U-turning to a pokemon counting as an execution of U-turn by the pokemon who is sent in is still in Platinum (see, e.g., Disable). What was changed in Platinum was that Choice Items reset their locks when using U-turn now; the mechanics of U-turn were not changed in this regard.
So does Last Resort count that as a use of U-Turn by the Pokemon sent out, or not?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
In light of the result earlier on the page (suggesting that the flag for last resort gets set at the start of move use, rather than at the end of the execution), I'm guessing it does not (i.e. Last Resort will fail), but it should be tested.

Here is the test:

Pokemon A has U-Turn and possibly other moves (it doesn't matter)
Pokemon B has only U-Turn and Last Resort.

Start with pokemon A and use U-turn to send in pokemon B. Then use Last Resort. Does it work or fail?

Somebody please carry this out (and post which game you carried it out in, and do do both DP and Platinum if possible, just to be sure we don't miss anything).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Here is the test:

Pokemon A has U-Turn and possibly other moves (it doesn't matter)
Pokemon B has only U-Turn and Last Resort.

Start with pokemon A and use U-turn to send in pokemon B. Then use Last Resort. Does it work or fail?
Just tested on my Pearl cartridge: last resort fails.

Now that we're able to do HGSS testing*, the $64,000 question is: are the platinum weather mechanics still in HGSS? It might be a little while before somebody is actually able to test this, but the instructions to test are found in the opening post under "Platinum weather mechanics".

*Join #stark on irc.synirc.net for details.
I can confirm that the weather glitch is still there, exactly the same as it was in Platinum, even HGSS vs Diamond will trigger it.

You should test the Sleep Talk / Last Resort with a choiced Pokémon.

i'm thinking they just reused Plats battle codes for HG/SS and thats the reason for the weather glitch still existing.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I know this has probably been covered in early, early DP but I couldn't find any answer (probably lost in the purge). What is the deal with Zoom Lens?

The Smogon dex claims that it raises accuracy by 20% if the user goes second but the in game text (and bulbapedia) claims that it ups critical hit ratio.

I've done a bit searching around and the question seems to pop up a lot with most people claiming that Smogon is right and the game is in fact wrong but I thought I would remember hearing something like that.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48180332&pid=925601
http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48130240&pid=925601

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
smogon is right, I think I tested that one (pretty much if you don´t know who did, it was most probably me lol)

use a rhydon zoom lens (not wide sorry) megahorn against a skarmory to see it won´t miss ;)

EDIT: if noone tests this until tomorrow morning, I will, for the sake of total clarification

haunter

Banned deucer.
smogon is right, I think I tested that one (pretty much if you don´t know who did, it was most probably me lol)

use a rhydon wide lens megahorn against a skarmory to see it won´t miss ;)

EDIT: if noone tests this until tomorrow morning, I will, for the sake of total clarification
Ok, Peterko I think you meant zoom lens, not wide lens. By the way, I did the test making a zoom lens Heracross hit with megahorn a dragon dancing Gyarados until it run out of PPs. And it hit 19 times in a row, which, correct me if I'm wrong, just had a 4,56% chance of happening without zoom lens. So I guess that Smogon is right. I can test more times if need be. Just reply here.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if you got like 50 hits or 100 without a miss, noone would doubt that it raises accuracy not CH rate :)

haunter

Banned deucer.
if you got like 50 hits or 100 without a miss, noone would doubt that it raises accuracy not CH rate :)
Ok, tested more times and got 76 consecutive hits with megahorn and no misses, which added to the previous 19 make 95 hits in a row, which without zoom lens should have had just a 0.000019715% chance to happen. By the way, I just got 2 critical hits during the test. So yeah, I'd say that Smogon is correct.

correct me if I'm wrong, just had a 16,15% chance of happening without zoom lens. So I guess that Smogon is right. I can test more times if need be. Just reply here.
megahorn has 85% accuracy so its actually .85^19=.0456 or 4.56%

I really don't know if this information was already known but it can't hurt to double check. This came up over in the Creative Move sets Thread.

I just tested Drifblim on Wi-Fi, and Unburden does not activate when using Trick, so that set is only usable on Shoddy Battle, until Shoddy 2 comes out where it will probably be fixed.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the Little Cup section of the site, we have discovered that the Pomeg Berry Glitch in Emerald can be manipulated to let genderless Pokemon learn their level-up moves (e.g. Porygon and Agility). Currently, we are trying to test if we can control which level-up moves these Egg-pokemon use. However, we are running into problems quickly. Kannon's cartridge died about an hour and a half in, and Heysup cannot level-up the egg efficently due to his lack of Memento Secret Bases. Therefore, I ask if anyone can help us with this task.

The tester must have acess to:

1) Knowledge of the Egg Pomeg Glitch and how to activate it.
2) The ability to acess an egg with a egg move (or better, an Extremspeed Zigzagoon from Pokemon Box).
3) Having a Memento Secret base or being able to hack one into the game (or encounter stuff or whatever)

For more details, please PM me. This is very important for Little Cup, and any testers who can do this, please help us.

EDIT: This has been finished by Mountain Dewgong.

Kay, I was looking through the Serebii PokéWalker Pokémon/moves page, and found the following - anyone want to verify this?

Swords Dance Murkrow: Group B, Residential Area
Thunderbolt Tangela: Big Forest, Group B
Bone Rush Remoraid: Group C, White Lake

Dunno where else to post this, move this if needed.

I really don't know if this information was already known but it can't hurt to double check. This came up over in the Creative Move sets Thread.

I just tested Drifblim on Wi-Fi, and Unburden does not activate when using Trick, so that set is only usable on Shoddy Battle, until Shoddy 2 comes out where it will probably be fixed.
It only works with Trick in game if the opponent has no item and you are holding one.

Kay, I was looking through the Serebii PokéWalker Pokémon/moves page, and found the following - anyone want to verify this?

Swords Dance Murkrow: Group B, Residential Area
Thunderbolt Tangela: Big Forest, Group B
Bone Rush Remoraid: Group C, White Lake

Dunno where else to post this, move this if needed.
Bulbapedia claims otherwise, so I guess this one will need to be tested by people with the pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)