Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does switching to the step counter app and using it to count the steps messes up the rng?
Nope, none of the apps affect the RNG for wild pokemon. I always do that to make sure I don't go over 128.

Edit: Oh, and check if there are multiple frames with the same IVs you got, frame 37 might not be the only one so you really may not have hit that frame. Chances are you were only off because of the turn/steps issue.

Nop, frame 37 is the only frame with those IV's. The seed I'm trying to work with is this one: 8E12027F , 14s 624 delay

Nop, frame 37 is the only frame with those IV's. The seed I'm trying to work with is this one: 8E12027F
Are you sure? I just checked it and that IV spread is on quite a few frames. Did you put your syncher nature in and is it generated under method J?

Edit: And it happens to be on frame 63, which would account for the turn you made that you thought would advance the frame.

My DPPt Time Finder - Capture: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/dea_junkimage/RNG01.jpg
RNG Reporter:
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/dea_junkimage/RNG02.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/dea_junkimage/RNG03.jpg

Yes, I realized that with the syncronizer, I get a good spread on frame 6

EDIT!!
I just figures out what I was doing wrong. -.-'''
Thanks for the help.
*bangs head against the wall*
Yeah, make sure you have the synch nature set when you generate, otherwise it will throw you off track.

Got the Giratina (and had lunch, and took a shower, and brushed my theeth). Thanks for the help.
Now I'm seriously considering playing my Diamond again to get myself a good Dialga. I know I clould trade one, but I have no access to GTS right now and unless people live where I live or agree to trade .pkm files with me, no trades for me. =C

I would like some help with the RNGReporter by Mignot V7.10

I'm trying to breed flawless pokes. I can find my seed and frame ok, but i don't know what to do after that. I'm not sure what method to use. Is it method J, or the DPPt Egg PID (Normal) version.

Journal flips.

And does anyone know if the PokeRNG can find results with a frame higher than 1000?
PokeRNG searches through every spread possible, and gives results based on the delay, IVs, and other limitation you placed on it. When it asks for frame at the end, type 0 for both, since that is referring to emerald frames, so limiting it at any point is pointless.

PokeRNG searches through every spread possible, and gives results based on the delay, IVs, and other limitation you placed on it. When it asks for frame at the end, type 0 for both, since that is referring to emerald frames, so limiting it at any point is pointless.
Oki-doki. Just was wonder why all of the spread were under 1000. Just there's just junk higher than that.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This still hasn't been answered but:

What method is Bebe's Eevee generated by? I'm assuming 1?
Do Bebe's movements advance the frame? She moves in a constant pattern, but not at a constant rate.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Do Bebe's movements advance the frame? She moves in a constant pattern, but not at a constant rate.
Method 1.

Instead of waiting for the answer, reset, wait 20 seconds, collect Pokemon.

Is the Pokemon on frame 1? If so, she is not advancing the RNG.

Otherwise she is.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part3
For the prerequisites it says that i need a page in my journal that i caught a pokemon i was just wondering if i needed that page in front or if it could be any where on the other pages of the journal
Are you kidding?

From the article:

You must have at least one Journal page with a message that states you have captured a Pokémon. It is not important that it be on any particular page and it is not a problem if you have this message on more than one page.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

Yeah, I just looked and it's not listed, but porygon is, which is similar. I'd just try it a few times with method 1, and if you don't get it in the first howevermany tries, then try method J (doubtful). Also, if Bebe is moving in any type of random fashion, then she is advancing the RNG. That one NPC in the Sandgem Town Pokemart moves in a basically "fixed" patter, but not at a constant rate, and it advances the RNG. You could also test this by picking up the eevee quickly and checking it's frame and then by picking it up after waiting a few seconds, and watching Bebe's movements and checking it's frame again.

[edit]
ha! Beaten! Mingnot to the rescue as always! XD

Sad to say, my Cresselia and Mespirit are roaming through sinnoh. Is there anyway to still rng them, or is it a loss cause?

Sad to say, my Cresselia and Mespirit are roaming through sinnoh. Is there anyway to still rng them, or is it a loss cause?
Defeat them both and battle the E4, causing them to return to where they are released from. You can then abuse them at their respective locations.

That is useful, thanks, I breed Eevee but haven't actually picked up the one from Bebe yet. Should be able to get a good one.

Although, breeding Gible is driving me crazy at the moment. I calibrated, got a frame of 6 and found a spread. Then I kept getting results with a frame of 5. Not a problem, I thought, there's an even better spread on frame 7, I just have to do one journal flip. Now I'm getting frame 6. >_<

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That is useful, thanks, I breed Eevee but haven't actually picked up the one from Bebe yet. Should be able to get a good one.

Although, breeding Gible is driving me crazy at the moment. I calibrated, got a frame of 6 and found a spread. Then I kept getting results with a frame of 5. Not a problem, I thought, there's an even better spread on frame 7, I just have to do one journal flip. Now I'm getting frame 6. >_<
I wasted over 100 tries one time while experiencing the same problem you are now. I was shooting for six but kept getting 7s. So I switched to 7 and started getting straight 6s, etc... Just start the game, wait a few seconds and save again to get a new frame. Worked for me.

Hi, Im new here and just started using RNG.

Everything looks ok when it comes to frames and delays, but my time always seems messed up. Looking at the guides, it should be around 15, but I've been getting results such as 52, 28 35, and 40. Ive been doing everything as fast as possible but these times just dont look right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)