Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hi everyone. I'm a total noob at this but I figured I'd ask anyway. I didn't know much about RNG, so I decided to read your guide. I'm trying to use the RNG method to get a good WonderCard Pokémon.

Following Part 5 of the guide on the website I got through the initial Calibration phase. Then I got to the "Selecting a Spread and Generating a Target Time" section and had no idea what I was supposed to do, or where on the RNG Reporter I'm supposed to enter it.

I tried to put the Initial Seed of the IV Spread I want into the Seed To Times/Adjacent Finder. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not. One thing that threw me off a bit was when I did this I noticed the delays I got were a bit higher than what I was nabbing in the calibration phase.

Any help for a noob would be nice but if you'd rather flame me for making mistakes feel free!
Awwe! We'd never flame you! XD

Well, yeah, you should put your seed into the Seed to Time finder, that's right, but there's a little box where you can put your minimum and maximum delays. My "normal" delay is 598 so I just put 598 for both the minimum and maximum. I usually get a higher frame, but it only takes 5 minutes or so to flip the pages, and yes, i happen to know how to count to 500, so it doesn't bother me. ;)

Thanks for the info mattj. When I click the "Seed to Time" tab I don't see an area that will allow me to input my delay numbers. The box that does say Delays on that area of the program only allows for two digits. Also I don't know if I should or should not be using the "seconds" box located in the upper right hand side of this area.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for the info mattj. When I click the "Seed to Time" tab I don't see an area that will allow me to input my delay numbers. The box that does say Delays on that area of the program only allows for two digits. Also I don't know if I should or should not be using the "seconds" box located in the upper right hand side of this area.
If you would like to change your delay, then change the year. This will move the delay up and down.

Just try it and hit "generate" again and you will see what I mean.

i'm becoming mad with wondercard jirachi... I'm using save state.... I hit my target time and tried to advance! I save stated when the frame was 112, and i verified checking jirachi's ivs, but when i load state and make a further journal flip, i get my jirachi that is frame 115... how is it possible?? i paid attention and the NPC didn't move... i tried many times, but the result is the same!!

ok I solved, I don't know how but I finally had my flawless jirachi^^

I had this problem quite a few times, although I don't use save states, it's the same thing. I just walked out of the mart, walked back in, and resaved. Also, I found it a lot easier when I released a runner (Mesprit) as it seemed to keep the frame much more constant than it was without. I'd try both of those things and then hit your seed again and see what happens.

I have a question:
Everytime I RNG abuse for IV's, when I check the frame I saved in, it's always a frame of 8. So, do I need to keep checking? (it's kinda hard because I don't have an AR so hatching the eggs and checking the IV's takes time...)

I have a question:
Everytime I RNG abuse for IV's, when I check the frame I saved in, it's always a frame of 8. So, do I need to keep checking? (it's kinda hard because I don't have an AR so hatching the eggs and checking the IV's takes time...)
No, once you are satisfied with the frame you are on (when you think it is consistently the same number) you can start attempting to abuse the IVs. I know I only check the frame two of three times. If it is the same, start IV abuse, if they differ, save and try again.

No, once you are satisfied with the frame you are on (when you think it is consistently the same number) you can start attempting to abuse the IVs. I know I only check the frame two of three times. If it is the same, start IV abuse, if they differ, save and try again.
Thanks but that's not what I was asking. I already abused the IV's on 9 Pokémon and for each one of them, the frame I had saved on was 8. But I got my answer now as I've just saved in a frame of 7.

I have a question about frames for getting a good wondercard Pokémon. I'm currently saved in the PokéMart, and I have a single wandering Pokémon (Mesprit). The thing is, Mesprit isn't popping up on my radar unless I leave the Mart. Does this still count as a wandering Pokémon for my page flips then?

So. I've been hearing some fun rumors about RNGing for ID/SIDs. If anyone knows any more on the subject, sharing would be much appreciated. @_@;;

Thanks but that's not what I was asking. I already abused the IV's on 9 Pokémon and for each one of them, the frame I had saved on was 8. But I got my answer now as I've just saved in a frame of 7.
You were just very lucky then :P You need to calibrate the egg frame each time you breed a new 'mon.

FoodEater said:
I have a question about frames for getting a good wondercard Pokémon. I'm currently saved in the PokéMart, and I have a single wandering Pokémon (Mesprit). The thing is, Mesprit isn't popping up on my radar unless I leave the Mart. Does this still count as a wandering Pokémon for my page flips then?
If you released it, then it's roaming.

I had this problem quite a few times, although I don't use save states, it's the same thing. I just walked out of the mart, walked back in, and resaved. Also, I found it a lot easier when I released a runner (Mesprit) as it seemed to keep the frame much more constant than it was without. I'd try both of those things and then hit your seed again and see what happens.
thank you riddlinkid

Never really understood how abusing the RNG with wild pokemon works.
I know something about sweet scent and I wondered: is sweet scent working only for grass pokemon or do you actually can use it in grass fields and you will encouter pokemon that would be also normally there?

In HG, lets say I kill Latias, and want to respawn it. When do I RNG abuse for it after I beat the Elite 4?
I abuse before the door, upon entering E4, when the guard steps away, I take his place, then I save, restart the game and when I come into the world I do a save state and test what seed I'm, if I got it right, I abuse before going into the E4 room (someone told the radio doesn't work on the E4, I confirmed it by trying on the bottom left, but I was playing with no sound and I couldn't tell which program was on (there's one that doesn't advance the frame)) :toast:

I abuse before the door, upon entering E4, when the guard steps away, I take his place, then I save, restart the game and when I come into the world I do a save state and test what seed I'm, if I got it right, I abuse before going into the E4 room (someone told the radio doesn't work on the E4, I confirmed it by trying on the bottom left, but I was playing with no sound and I couldn't tell which program was on (there's one that doesn't advance the frame)) :toast:
So I must hit my seed and my frame before I step through the door to challenge the E4 again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)