Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

On other news, I looked into some other forums, and most of them are stuck at ~120 w/ teams like garchomp/latios/Scizor. Anyway, unless someone knows a Japanese site, is that a world record?** I seriously would guess it to be the futhest legit streak. 1000 is crazy, i'm at 161 with a stupid-ass team that keeps almost losing. I can't imagine hitting 300, let alone three times that
Yes : http://site.voila.fr/wrpkmn/index.html

i wouldnt take any notice of that records site. for one thing, it lists the top platinum battle tower streak as 557, meaning it doesnt even know about peterko's previous streak of 696. so, there could be any number of people out there with streaks higher than 1001, although i highly doubt it.

EDIT: i just had another look through that site - this guy supposedly has a 2113 win streak at the battle hall. to me that seems extremely difficult to believe, since several pokes you face are very haxy, and you have to face every type in each round of 17 battles meaning you'll routinely be up against pokes that have a type advantage. sounds bogus to me.....

Wait, I just thought of something that might make us all lol our faces off...
How much BP do you guys have? It's probably some ridiculously high number. lol. I just wanted to see how long you guys have been doing this stuff. =D

How much BP do you guys have? It's probably some ridiculously high number. I'm directing this question at the Frontier-heads like Peterko, Jumpman, TRE, Bozo, and other cool kids.
just looked it up and i have 1375 myself which is comparitively small, but it is mainly from battle castle which i pretty much crawl through. i suspect others would have several thousand. for example, peterko's recent 1001 streak alone would have netted him just over 1000 points. and then there was the 696 and any trial runs he did. i know kingbattlus and a few others have been doing heaps of BT in the last few weeks.

EDIT: before i started my battle tower attempts i realised i'd traded over suicune without calm mind, so i had to buy the TM - its the only thing ive spent any BP on.

Supposedly Jumpman has over 2000 BP or something. Most of the really good guys have 800+. I have almost none because I actually spend it....>.>

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well I haven't spent most of mine either, but I have 2,449 BP. Probably from all my times getting just beyond 21 or 49 in a facility then losing...

Quick question.

I recently lost on a streak of 60-something. When I first came across a sticky hold poke.
It was Gastrodon. (Water/Ground).

My team is Uxie, Registeel, and Garchomp.
Gastrodon just swept my team...
This is the one I was against.
790,Gastrodon 4,Modest,Wise Glasses,218,92,88,158,102,59,Surf,Earth Power,Ice Beam,Sludge Bomb,HP/Sp.Attk

Literally, my team got owned =[
My movesets/Evs are pretty much copied from the front page cos I want that Star on my trainer card.

But my question is, what should I have done?

I momentoed against it first with Uxie, then I amnesia'd with Registeel but it almost died before I got all 3 up. I switch to garchomp which then go Ice beamed. Back to Registeel to get owned =/.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ Bozo - I´m not continuing the streak at the rate I achieved it (did 14 battles on saturday and 7 yesterday facing shit like QC sheer cold lapras who hit but luckily missed on the second turn it also got the QC activation). Also, it´s not an everyday feat to get to 1K, not to mention 2K, despite jump telling me it is "easy" and that I was lucky (luckier than him so far) :p

other questions/comments:

-> ET I don´t take drugs OK, that´s pure willpower and dedication
-> Glen what´s that supposed to mean haha?
-> dude who asked about " * " (added a note in the first post), it basically shows that you haven´t lost your streak yet and can continue
-> as for battle points, jump´s at like 8 or 9K only from battle hall, so you people underestimated that...I don´t care about BPs that much and I waste them continuously (dunno I´m somewhere around 2,5K maybe less)
-> above, check out my overkill post of the 1001 streak...there´s like 3 stories of me facing the pokémon trickteam users call "gastro from hell"

don´t know your uxie set but in your case I´d just PP waste EP and IB (both 10 PP) by switching back and forth...then probably memento and set up (surf breaks chomps sub so go naked or go steel if it isn´t frozen)

steel should be above 50% depending on the number of CHs gastro gets, it should also be faster than gastro to amnesia before gastro, steel should be able to handle it save for CHs when you´re not subbed

you could PP waste surf as well and then set up chomp on sludge bomb doing 17 damage max at -2spA (3HKo on sub)

don´t know your uxie set, so maybe there´s even a better approach for you

EDIT: the above was a wrong tip considering uxie is not weak to ice beam so it´ll probably be targeted by surf

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wait sorry that was kind of stupid from me, I´m too focused on my team that I can´t even give tips to others haha

PP wasting won´t work for you, because uxie is not weak to ice beam, so you probably have to go the jump-way and flash the hell out of gastro (?) or maybe try trick first, if it fails, reswitch and flash or yawn (?)

sticky gastro4 is bad for every trick team, mine can handle it pretty good though

More props to Peterko: that 1001 on the front page is so extreme that it just looks out of place, like 'scores don't get that high'. I posted ages ago that you and Jump are basically the Goku and Vegeta of BT/BF (not sure who's who), each pressing the other to further feats of awesomeness. At the time it was DP, and your Latios/Snorlax/Skarmory team versus CLS - you got to 459, which is still immense. But this is some turning-blond, flying and teleporting, coming back from the dead to kick more ass than you could kick in your lifetime type action right here.

Can't wait for Jump's next update - the proof pic will probably have the wreckage of Planet Namek in the background. I hope your posts from here on in aren't just long paragraphs of powering up...

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol you'll have to wait on that then, i'm still rather fond of those! thanks for the vote of confidence though, you and llewelyen

Ahh thanks. I'll bear that in mind next time.

My Uxie set
Evs slightly different to Garo's
Moveset
-T-Wave
-Memento
-Trick
-Flash
don't listen to peterko he is just trying to sabotage you! the better approach is flash...just flash at least three times, then when you are low on hp, go to registeel which will take either either a sludge bomb or an ice beam depending on how low on hp you are. from your uxie, gastrodon is not going to use surf if a weaker attack will kill it, which is in line with the "weakest attack that has a chance to KO regardless of accuracy" i’ve found is virtually always true of the BT.

i've beaten that gastrodon at least three times this way by just flashing and then switching either when cresselia has six flashes on it or she’s in KO range for SB or IB (takes 82-100% from three surfs). you should be able to set up registeel on it even if it is sticky hold because you're faster than it, i beat tons of brave bird pokes just by utilizing flash form cress to sub and CM when they miss and let leftovers do the rest of the work (though a -6 Acc, PAR skarmory hitting five times in a row on latios's Sub was not very fun two weeks ago...you have a better chance of being brightpowdered three times than for that to happen)

at any rate peterko this underlines what we were talking about on aim, writing walls of words in this thread definitely does NOT guarantee you a huge streak when your teams are copied even when the losses come to the most discussed threats for those teams, lol

Greetings,

I'm new to BT and stuff, but I have one Question: Why do so many people use moves like Trick, Dragon Dance and Sword Dance?
the answer was touched upon already but mainly the AI doesn't switch in the BT at all unless it's the last turn of perish song or, sometimes, if you use an attack on a pokemon, it doesn't KO, and the AI has a pokemon that resists or is immune to that attack. this is rare though and i can't remember this ever happening to me with my trick team at all even though there have been times my +6 BP didn't kill a Lapras and I was facing a fisherman's team probably, i'm sure there are others and probably even more cases where this happened for peterko's team when registeel doesn't ohko with +6 IH and he probably would have mentioned it if someone switched out of that.

maybe they don't switch out of the poke you're attacking has a resist too but that doesn't apply to my +6 BP on Lapras where i'm guessing i was facing a fisherman but maybe it was an ice trainer all those times who cares lol. the point is that trickscarf is literally broken in the battle tower, it can net even the most inexperienced player a streak of 200 or more because you can just harp on type resistances and set up ridiculous pokemon like garchomp, latios and scizor with no drawback and sweep everything. like, i thought of thos a few months ago, but if the tower were even 4-on-4, "there's no way i'd lose" with a team of Cresselia/Latios/Scizor/Lucario cause a ton of the dumb stuff that remotely threatens me is caused by heracross's and yanmega's bug attacks, and i'd be more than happy to have to sweep just one more pokemon in exchange for that kind of type-resistance

However, i'm currently copying Jumpman's Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp Team, in order to try and get a little Streak for myself. Do you have any Recommendations for beginners at Pokemon Platin Battle Tower?
well, you're following one of the first one's i'd give! that team is still one of the most solid "straight-up" teams there is in the tower, i've used it some time ago in the Platinum Tower to rush from 1-49 and it is seriously sexy how little Starmie cares about a good 90% of the pokemon in the tower. it either OHKOs straight up or isn't OHKOed after it Surfs for neutral damage (adamant granbull's crunch almost never kills starmie, for example) anyway, take advantage of the fact that the AI won't switch, and more importantly switch wisely yourself, knowing full well that the mismagius starmie is out against is very likely going to use shadow ball, so there's no reason not to switch to tyranitar, and further no reason not to DD (unless it used confuse ray but only one could do that).

i also recommend generally using the lists linked to in the first post to see what pokemon you're facing, which you know the majority of the time by knowing what trainer you're up against. you don't have to make sacrifices of perfectly good pokemon with the knowledge of what your opponent is going to do most of the time. but if you are indeed trying to get a great streak, do not hesitate to utilize the lists and then damage calculators like this one to make sure you don't incur an otherwise avoidable loss (like assuming ice beam always ohkoes ever shiftry or that +1 tyranitar always ohkos every lapras with rock slide)

Llewellyn, I see what you mean about the Latios. Good thing I didn't come across a Blissey. Lol. It's okay, I just wanted the Gold Print, and I got it.
good for you, eeveetrainer and i were laughing at how much of a bitch argenta was for pulling that stuff on you at battle 170 when you had no intentions of going past that (as has been stated, latios and especially yours is not going to get very far facing dark and ice types after 170 but that does not apply to you)

I'm going for the Factory now... and if I get frustrated I'll go for the BT again. Does anyone know what would be a good Pokemon to complete my Latios/Scizor combo?
i experimented with that exact latios and a similar sd scizor (same speed but max atk), and i complimented it with the same scarfchomp from my startarchomp team. it's good and looks much better than startarchomp on paper but even with latios's unarguably better stats (can go timid and still have more SpA than Modest Starmie), it is not as suited for an expert belt set as is starmie on this kind of team. the reason is that natural cure > levitate without question—only against water/ground types does latios's ability have an advantage because starmie is OHKOing everything else that's using a stab EQ. a ton of stuff will try to paralyze latios on turn one after not dying to DP/Psychic, which starmie doesn't give a shit about. the second reason is ice beam—maybe surf isn't needed for fire types with dragonite/garchomp to absorb them, but besides rock pokemon then not being covered, you get a little annoyed when the only thing you ask latios's dragon pulse to actually take advantage of being SE on does not die (two different dragonite). you could probably go dp/psy/tb/ib with latios/scizor/garchomp and play around most rock types but it won't be fun (you almost never ohko solid rock rhyperior with ice beam, etc)

In the higher matches, I think I'm going to switch Latios for Latias for Trick. From Peterko's streak, I can see that Latias is very effective, so I'll probably be using that. =D
if you do, and you decide to go with garchomp, be sure to watch out for stab dragon moves and yanmega in general, otherwise it should be pretty easy for you

in hindsight, when faced with a similar position, i think i would just attack it with outrage from the beginning. if it was the OHKO'er i would either kill it in two turns, or it would OHKO me and murder my whole team, which is about the best i could expect from switching. otherwise it will easily dispose of salamence, but allow suicune to set up easily.
what i'd do here (your team is of course very similar to my SSS team from emerald) is switch suicune in and immediately surf. you want to do this no more than twice since you dont want to get walrein to rest, but you DO want to get it into salamence's kill range with CB outrage. so after you hit twice, just CM up with Suicune fully accepting its role in this battle, and if Walrein rests immediately surf again. remember that pressure is your best friend here, and if walrein is dumb enough to use sheer cold on suicune three times then salamence beats it every time even if the third one hits

EDIT: i just had another look through that site - this guy supposedly has a 2113 win streak at the battle hall. to me that seems extremely difficult to believe, since several pokes you face are very haxy, and you have to face every type in each round of 17 battles meaning you'll routinely be up against pokes that have a type advantage. sounds bogus to me.....
yeah that's what stuck out to me the most even if i'm not at all inclined to think those numbers actually mean anything. it's pretty safe to say that is impossible, given my answer to this next question...

How much BP do you guys have? It's probably some ridiculously high number. I'm directing this question at the Frontier-heads like Peterko, Jumpman, TRE, Bozo, and other cool kids.
...i finally checked for the first time in about three months last week (my ds's touch screen is completely blank and im still waiting on my other one to be repaired) and i have to head to "Battle Frontier Square" to see how many i have. it was at 9,999, and i'm pretty sure i didn't just arrive at that number in my last tower run either, so im also pretty sure it doesn't go past 9999 even if i have no idea when i hit that ceiling, "lol"

this is "lol" because it's not nearly as much an indication of battle frontier skill as it is of dedication...and the benefits of being a spectacular driver, since as i've said i play in my car all the time and i'm pretty sure at least 6,000 BP have been earned there. since it would make even less sense to not immediately go on a Frontier Shopping Spree knowing you can't go over 9,999 BP than it does to play pokemon while driving (or play the battle frontier/pokemon when you're old enough to drive in the first place for that matter, lol) i bought the Power Items i didn't already have, a Toxic Orb for an eventual Belly Ursa I want to use, a choice scarf (kinda funny i had none in my bag, lol), a choice band, and a couple CM TMs...i figure i'll buy a shitload of rare candies before HGSS gets here because there's no reason not to and RCes are always valuable

so it's probably no less than 12,000 total if i had to guess. as i told peterko last week, those "8 or 9K" (which is where i thought i was at the time, lol) are an indication of how "burnt out" i am on the frontier. i spent like four months straight chasing a phantom battle hall record with PZ and kingdra after getting the real 243 record on my first try with PZ, finding out with every ridiculous loss that even 302 is an improbable record, let alone the "you are lying" 2113.

regardless of how annoyed i am with lordcaedus (who hasn't posted in this thread since peterko asked him in PM to finally furnish proof of his hall record, to which he stated his cart got erased but he was over 300 again on another one with salamence, lol), 12,000 BP is 12,000 BP. in the last thread TRE said he had around 10K in his japanese DP game and around 2,000 on his US one, and he's the only person anywhere near this total. notice how he unfortunately doesn't post here anymore? the dedication that 12,000 battle points plainly indicate can only remain for so long. i dont exactly feel like playing 70 BT battles every day, and those of you who ever do or ever did will know what i'm talking about if you ever break even 5,000 BP lifetime

Hey I'm a cool kid I think! I have around 3000 BP right now, though the past couple months I've mainly just been playing when I'm on (or waiting for) the bus/train. I haven't bought anything with the BPs in a while now, have enough TMs/Vitamins in stock to last a while.

Oh, except scratch cards. Sometimes I spend like 10BP in a row on those for fun. I aim for getting 3 prizes in one set of scratch card, but I've only got 2 like three times.

at any rate peterko this underlines what we were talking about on aim, writing walls of words in this thread definitely does NOT guarantee you a huge streak when your teams are copied even when the losses come to the most discussed threats for those teams, lol

the point is that trickscarf is literally broken in the battle tower, it can net even the most inexperienced player a streak of 200 or more because you can just harp on type resistances and set up ridiculous pokemon like garchomp, latios and scizor with no drawback and sweep everything.
while somewhat contradictary, the second part hurt lol my awesome badass streak of 67 that was broke by the one and only heracross (heracross and staraptor are my unicorns and i am starting to think i'll never beat them lol) last time marks the fourth or fifth try at a trick team that has failed miserably due to not knowing certain things that only experience will net you... yet even the inexperienced will achieve 200? lmao oh i hate myself sometimes

no real time to get back up to 49 today, got the first 7 down lol sooner or later it might click, we'll see

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i meant inexperienced but informed by the very walls of words i referred to, to clarify. peterko is extremely experienced in the battle tower and he lost to pokemon in metagross and heracross that he will tell you he never should have with his team, and regardless of his noble stance on learning things the hard way and playing with your own knowledge, my point stands that i believe that everything i've posted about my teams can get anyone in this thread a streak of 200 (and peterko don't take my comment personally lol, you're the best example of my point)

yeah lol, its ironic that after my 2,000 word gem i was too lazy to check the spelling of one of them (i added the bit in the beginning at the end), sorry

i experimented with that exact latios and a similar sd scizor (same speed but max atk), and i complimented it with the same scarfchomp from my startarchomp team. it's good and looks much better than startarchomp on paper but even with latios's unarguably better stats (can go timid and still have more SpA than Modest Starmie), it is not as suited for an expert belt set as is starmie on this kind of team. the reason is that natural cure > levitate without question—only against water/ground types does latios's ability have an advantage because starmie is OHKOing everything else that's using a stab EQ. a ton of stuff will try to paralyze latios on turn one after not dying to DP/Psychic, which starmie doesn't give a shit about. the second reason is ice beam—maybe surf isn't needed for fire types with dragonite/garchomp to absorb them, but besides rock pokemon then not being covered, you get a little annoyed when the only thing you ask latios's dragon pulse to actually take advantage of being SE on does not die (two different dragonite). you could probably go dp/psy/tb/ib with latios/scizor/garchomp and play around most rock types but it won't be fun (you almost never ohko tinted lens rhyperior with ice beam, etc)

if you do, and you decide to go with garchomp, be sure to watch out for stab dragon moves and yanmega in general, otherwise it should be pretty easy for you
Yeah I was worrying about Yanmega and Heracross, because those two are pretty annoying. Scizor does a pretty good job of absorbing Dragon moves, especially with Roost. I need a really fast and hard hitter for Scizor to BP SDs too, and Garchomp just seemed like the best choice. I was thinking of Cross, but he's way to slow to make use of the boosts. Lucario was another consideration, but I don't really want two Fire weaknesses because Latios/as (whichever I end up using) might be dead, and I'll pretty much lose. Garchomp resists Fire, which is good, and can KO with Earthquake. Dragonite can do the same, but Garchomp is waaay faster. I was also considering DD Tyranitar, but his speed is also a downer. I thought about Rock Polish Adamant TTar. What do you guys think?

OH yeah, I also wanted Chomp because of the immunity to Thunder Wave. I couldn't help feeling giddy inside when I read Peterko's 1000th? 1001th? win where Gallade was locked into TWave and Chomp totally massacred him and his companions. Also I can play Pokemon and drive! =D Just turned 16 a month ago, but I figure you guys can too.

Hey I'm a cool kid I think! I have around 3000 BP right now, though the past couple months I've mainly just been playing when I'm on (or waiting for) the bus/train. I haven't bought anything with the BPs in a while now, have enough TMs/Vitamins in stock to last a while.

Oh, except scratch cards. Sometimes I spend like 10BP in a row on those for fun. I aim for getting 3 prizes in one set of scratch card, but I've only got 2 like three times.
Yes, you'd be one of the cool kids, along with anyone else who's going for the Frontier. =D

i wouldnt take any notice of that records site. for one thing, it lists the top platinum battle tower streak as 557, meaning it doesnt even know about peterko's previous streak of 696. so, there could be any number of people out there with streaks higher than 1001, although i highly doubt it.

Well, Mystic is one of the world's best players and he made his 2113 record with Smeargle because he had about 100 different of them and used a trick named %C which can help you to know who are the Pokémon you will have to face in the next every streak of 10.

For the record of the website, I told him about Peterko's previous record and he pmed the admin of the site, but he hasn't had any news yet. I've also told him about Peterko's new streak.

There are many teams you don't know about in the world, with players that focus on 1P. Mystic251 is one of them, and he has done it for 5 years.

@ Bozo - I´m not continuing the streak at the rate I achieved it (did 14 battles on saturday and 7 yesterday facing shit like QC sheer cold lapras who hit but luckily missed on the second turn it also got the QC activation). Also, it´s not an everyday feat to get to 1K, not to mention 2K, despite jump telling me it is "easy" and that I was lucky (luckier than him so far) :p
true i guess, although im amazed at how "quickly" you got 1001 (couple of weeks, right?). for me i only get to play for a bit on the train in the morning and afternoon, so 1001 would literally take me about 10 weeks lol.... still, occasionally when i do a bit on the weekend i might get 50 or so in the battle castle, which would equate to far more in the tower. i'm gonna get back into my BC streak, and if i go well for a long time, i might start to think about 1001 there. but that's a looooooooooooooooong way off at this stage, and i dont want to start acting like its a real possibility. i might think about beating 444 first (the number quoted on that records website).

EDIT: the above was a wrong tip considering uxie is not weak to ice beam so it´ll probably be targeted by surf
that's an excellent reason for using latias right there actually. given that gastrodemon (better name than gastrodon from hell in my opinion :P) is one of the major problems for this kind of team, having a near-sure-fire way to counter it is a huge bonus.

i'm considering working on my own trick team (with 3 pokes i'd thought of before seeing peterko's 1001).

Well, Mystic is one of the world's best players and he made his 2113 record with Smeargle because he had about 100 different of them and used a trick named %C which can help you to know who are the Pokémon you will have to face in the next every streak of 10.

For the record of the website, I told him about Peterko's previous record and he pmed the admin of the site, but he hasn't had any news yet. I've also told him about Peterko's new streak.

There are many teams you don't know about in the world, with players that focus on 1P. Mystic251 is one of them, and he has done it for 5 years.
im sure he is very good actually. and i know there are people playing that we've never heard of - smogon is just some english website with a pretty small percentage of the world's players as members. but some of the records just seem way too bogus. just like the 2113.

also, the %C thing you mentioned is a total hack, because most of the point is to be prepared to be able to face ANYTHING. i mean if i was playing with salamence and i knew there was a swampert in the next 10 battles but no weavile, i'd just use a salamence which has hp grass instead of swagger. it's easy, and come to think of it, if you could see that weavile was in the next set of 10, you could probably just go and play a streak of 7 in the BT and then come back to the BH most likely to face a different set of 10 pokemon, probably without weavile this time. all this means that his 2113 is completely invalid as a legit streak. and probably all his other ones, if he was using the %C hack. apart from that, i don't even believe he could have got 2113 with smeargle even with %C. i am sure i could put together a list of 10 batle hall pokemon which you could not beat all of with a single smeargle moveset.

I wouldn't give that site too much attention. Some records may be legal, but Bozo is right about the hall thing. Obviously this thread doesn't care about hackers, and tbh I wouldn't waste my life doing a 2113 streak if it was unfair and ~fixed. The whole "fun" of the frontier is that it's a challenge, there's a saying "winners never cheat and cheaters never win". I don't see why you'd spend so much time hacking and doing runs if you already knew the outcome - which would be a win for you
exactly - i'm sure we could all just hack 999999999 into the record screen on all the facilities, but then we'd never know what we are actually capable of. which is the whole point.

btw i never mentioned it before but i got a legit 99999999 streak in the battle hall. with my old game, and my camera was broken, so i cant upload a video/picture. my pokemon:

magikarp
focus band
flail.

my strategy was to let the opponent OHKO me and then laugh at them as my focus band activated every single time (lucky huh?!) and then murder them with flail. rock/steels were a pain, but eventually they would stuggle to death, while my focus band kept me safe. oh and how did i deal with ghosts? well, the first few million were a pain as i had to PP stall them and then let the kill themselves with stuggle, but eventually i just used the awesome %C program to figure out when i'd face one, and then i'd just use:

magikarp
focus band
no guard
sheer cold, horn drill, guillotine, fissure.

it is legit.

please add me to the list.

First, sorry for my bad english.

%C is not hacking. In fact, for every streak of 10 battles, each Pokémon has a given % (called %C for % choice) of appearing in this streak. To use the %C, you have to lose every set of 10 battles (in the Hall) so that you know the %C of each set in the end. For example, if you see Gallade 7 times in 5 tries for the set of trainers between 70 and 77 in the BT, you can conclude that Gallade has a high %C for this set, and that you must have something to deal with it the next time you'll be at this set.

It's exactly the same for each building of the Battle Frontier, and for the Battle Hall, you have to know that after (I think) 700 wins, the %C is exactly the same everytime until you lose. When Mystic made his streak of 2113 with Smeragle, when he chose the fire type, the IA could only choose between Heatran (20%) and Magmar (80%). When you've done the list of the %C, it's "pretty easy" (in fact, it is not) to prepare for the Pokemon you will fight.

Of course, people who use %C spend a lot of time to do the list (especially when you know that the list is different for every Pokemon in the BH), but it's a really advanced technique.

And that's why Smeargle is the best Pokémon for the BH : once you have done the list of %C for it, you can mindgame the IA pretty easily, because Smeragle can have any move it wants and therefore beat every Poke it wants. But as I've said before, mystic needed a lot of different Smeargles for that.

If you don't believe me and prefer laughing at me, that's good for you. But I don't think you should do it before trying yourself....

First, sorry for my bad english.

%C is not hacking. In fact, for every streak of 10 battles, each Pokémon has a given % (called %C for % choice) of appearing in this streak. To use the %C, you have to lose every set of 10 battles (in the Hall) so that you know the %C of each set in the end. For example, if you see Gallade 7 times in 5 tries for the set of trainers between 70 and 77 in the BT, you can conclude that Gallade has a high %C for this set, and that you must have something to deal with it the next time you'll be at this set.

It's exactly the same for each building of the Battle Frontier, and for the Battle Hall, you have to know that after (I think) 700 wins, the %C is exactly the same everytime until you lose. When Mystic made his streak of 2113 with Smeragle, when he chose the fire type, the IA could only choose between Heatran (20%) and Magmar (80%). When you've done the list of the %C, it's "pretty easy" (in fact, it is not) to prepare for the Pokemon you will fight.

Of course, people who use %C spend a lot of time to do the list (especially when you know that the list is different for every Pokemon in the BH), but it's a really advanced technique.

And that's why Smeargle is the best Pokémon for the BH : once you have done the list of %C for it, you can mindgame the IA pretty easily, because Smeragle can have any move it wants and therefore beat every Poke it wants. But as I've said before, mystic needed a lot of different Smeargles for that.

If you don't believe me and prefer laughing at me, that's good for you. But I don't think you should do it before trying yourself....
well, i will not joke about %C since i do not know how it works. but i would like to see some documentation - and try to validate it experimentally - before i start to think it could be the real deal.

but what i will say is that i find it near impossible to believe that someone could have done as you say - gathered all that data (even just for smeargle) experimentally, by trial and error. you are saying they lost battles 171-180 several times to see who appeared in each. then once they were certain of that, lost 181-190 several times to work those ones out. then on and on and on all the way up to 691-700 again and again. each time having to successfully battle their way through the previous ones, just to be able to see what was in the next set? i know that you could do several steps at once, by not just losing on purpose, but it would still involve an enormous number of massive streaks, just to gather the data which is for what, getting massive streaks.... and then how many times did they have to play through 701-710 to convince themselves that it was the same pattern as an earlier set?

i'm not saying there isn't some kind of pattern that can be used to your advantage, but if someone has told you they have gathered this information in this way, it is extremely dubious, to say the least. maybe with a flashcart they could do this without having to restart the streak each time they lose, but i would suspect that for any given save state, the pokemon you face in the next set will always be the same.

and even still, if you are going to attempt a set of 10 battles, and you know the 10 types you will be facing, and have narrowed each type down to two pokemon, i strongly suspect it would be difficult to come up with a smeargle who can successfully counter all 20 possibilities. smeargle's attack stats are ridiculous, so he will only be able to get by with "sneaky" strategies, but he can't always rely on say focus sash and counter/endeavour kinds of things because of stuff like focus bands, quick claws, bright powders, etc. and to manage that 2000+ times in a row sounds a bit...... i guess he could go in as level 1 with trick room, spore, endeavor, and dragon rage, but still it is mucked up by hax and a few special opponents (berries, etc).

anyway, if it really is legit, then the guy should have at least some interest in proving it so, or at least giving enough information that others can believe him. does he have a list of all (or even some) of his smeargles? and some actual documentation of his record breaking streak? is he a member of a different forum?

when peterko went past 1000 he went to a great deal of effort in documenting it so that people like us, who didnt actually watch him do it, could believe it was true.

i'm not just giving a blanket statement of "it's not true" but i would like to see some evidence before i change my opinion (which is that it is not true).

pretty sure you'd be able to just savestate once you got to 171 and go from there. he could have used an emulator and tools for data collection then his ds for the real deal.

Jumpman16

yeah lol, i had a good laugh thinking of how anyone worth their salt could really be proud of such a record in the hall. when i read it i wasn't 100% skeptical because i figured something like munchlax or smeargle could get an unheard of streak (hint: use munchlax in the hall, you will face only NFEs and "bad" pokemon before #270 on the hall list that are going to be hard pressed to beat 135/85 Base HP/SpD, 85 base attack [i got to 208 with kingdra's 95 base Atk/SpA against fully evolved pokes after all] and "counter" for fighters). but if he or anyone actually thinks that getting a record is about exploiting something like %C, then lol.

i literally laughed at how this had been used for the battle tower and the best record was only 557...hahaha you know what pokemon you're going to face and you still can't break 600? peterko's done it twice without using %C, i got to 500 in slow-as-hell pearl, and you can't break 600 when you know what you're going to face? "i would literally never lose" if i knew what leads i would face in a round of 7, let alone all three pokemon...facing a cyclist's lead staraptor, or heracross, or yanmega? going to be up against a bird keeper's yanmega or aerodactyl? how about an ace trainer's metagross or gastrodon? cool, i'll just use my startarchomp team and win any of those battles in about 50 seconds (starmie would surf both meta and gastro then go to garchomp for the KO, etc). i mean lol, the reason i find the battle arcade so easy is because i see the three pokes and know the trainer (also no items but that impacts me too), how is that any different

that said, i echo what bozo said about wanting to see the list of pokes and read about the strategy he used in general, because %C and hacking or not, this would be fascinating

I can garantee you that he didn't. He owns almost every record of the 4th gen but spends about 14h per day to do so. That's why he can use the %C, even if it takes him multiples weeks to make the lists. If you want to see his blog (french), I can show it to you, and I don't think it looks like a cheater's. He loves playing and has done it for 5 years, trying to break the records. He's a member of the team PSC and is also known as LD, if you've ever seen this name. He's won a lot of tournaments. And he doesn't savestate. But I'd better ask him to come here or make some kind of proof.

Cheating doesn't interest him, only pushing itself to the limits and break the records is worth it for him. Of course, I understand that you don't believe it - I didn't myself at the beginning. But he is a really good player with incredible strategies and knowledge about the game and the facilities.

Edit : Here is his site (not complete yet) : http://site.voila.fr/m251/index.html

http://site.voila.fr/m251/pkmn/pkmn_pl_records.html

His hall record isn't shown there. And, those factory wins... Meh. 242 and 319 for open level. This guy seriously must be the luckiest person in the world. Or, have the most time on his hands while getting the most luck in the world. Personally, I am skeptical until I hear more as well. As for this whole %C thing... It takes the challenge out of it IMO. Sure, the patterns are there, and it's not abuse to observe them, but it's certainly not challenging you to have even more advanced knowledge of teams while playing either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)