Chaos Mafia - Game Over! [Assortment of Random Characters wins!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3 End / Night 3 Start

As the majority of voters approached Fishin, he revealed his true form. As the crowd walked up to slay him, a low-pitched yet powerful droning could be heard and those who were approaching him appeared to be under some kind of hypnosis. Then, in chorus, the assailants stopped what they were doing and began to chant and clap in time with each other.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Luckily, however, someone wearing a pair of Ear Muffs came from behind and impaled the toad with a long stick before he could cause too much havoc.

Dear Fishin,
You are The Hypnotoad.

And the grand prize winner... THE HYPNOTOAD. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. You have the capability to sway users from their original decision in choosing a side. In other words, you can convert people to your side at night by sending a PM entitled Night X - Hypnotising USER. The user you select will immediately gain a new win condition: 'You win if The Hypnotoad's side wins' (with your side replacing 'The Hypnotoad's side'). However, this takes a significant amount of mental effort, and therefore can only be used once in three nights. That means once during nights 0-2, once during nights 3-5, and once during nights 6-8. However, on any night where you aren't attempting to hypnotise a user, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Watching over USER. You will watch this user all night, and anyone attempting to kill the user will be warded off by your mental powers.

You win if the Sophisticated win.
He was carrying a Frozen Bag of Food with him when he died.

Ok, all the PMs are out and the deadline is in 48 hours from this edit time.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well, at least now you know I could not have been recruited since Jimbo posted he trusts me.

So yeah, it should be pretty clear that I am with the village.. If you are one of those few who havent gotten in touch with me now would be a good time.

Have a nice day.

Well, at least now you know I could not have been recruited since Jimbo posted he trusts me.

So yeah, it should be pretty clear that I am with the village.. If you are one of those few who havent gotten in touch with me now would be a good time.

Have a nice day.
You are making so much posts about this. THATS a suspect

Hipmonlee looks very concerned about the possibility people think he's mafia (which is easily evident as nearly every second post of him is full of content that increases his chance of being village). Thats a very suspect act in my eyes. But, because I am a newb (and a newb with low self-esteem with that), I'm not really sure my guess is right - take it with a disclaimer.

Night 3 End / Day 4 Start

The sun rises once more and everyone gathers around to find out who died overnight. It seems that this night has been a particularly rough night, and you can spot three corpses from where you're standing.

You walk up to the first of the corpses and you discover that it belongs to an average-looking athletic man. You take note that his head has been separated from his body by some kind of blade, and that his body has large cuts all over. A pool of blood surrounds him, but you can somehow still make out exactly who this man was.

Dear macle,
You are Jason Bourne.

"I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?"

You were part of a project called Treadstone, where agents were turned into ultimate assassins. You were shot while on a mission and you lost your memory. Now you've decided to join the Assortment of Random Characters in their struggle against evil - you just hope they realise that you're on their side.

Because of your shady past, nobody that inspects you will ever come up with the correct result. In fact, even if the same inspector tries to work out your side twice, there is a chance that they won't come up with the same result both times. It's up to you to convince your allies that you're on their side. Additionally, before any vote modifiers you may be subjected to, your vote during the day will count for negative one.

You have the

You win if the Assortment of Random Characters wins.
You look around, but you don't seen any signs of the

The second corpse you see belongs to asim. He has light scratches all over his body and appears to have been scratched repeatedly until he bled to death.

Dear asim,
You are Q.

You're the man responsible for the creation of most of Bond's arsenal of gadgetry. It goes without saying that you are a genius. Well, not even you could comprehend just how a toad could hypnotise you into working with him. Well, however this may have come about, you will be working with this toad's faction, The Sophisticated to help them win the war.

Your item designing capabilities will be highly prized this game. Every night you may PM the hosts stating Night X - Creating ITEM_NAME. You may decide what to call your invention. The ability of each item you build must be unique. Each item may only have one ability. The content of the PM should clearly state a desired item description, and the ability of the item. The hosts will determine whether your description is accepted. Your items may have the following abilities:-
- Holder's vote counts negatively and the holder knows it.
- Holder's vote counts negatively and the holder does not know it.
- Holder's vote counts double.
- Holder's vote in the thread is void, he must vote by PM.
- Allows holder to send a PM titled Night X - <You Decide> USER, USER's night action will fail. Disappears after one use.
- Allows holder to send a PM titled Night X - <You Decide> USER, the holder will discover USER's alliance. Disappears after one use.
- Allows holder to survive one murderous attack.
You will receive the item of your choice at the beginning of the day. Alternatively, you may PM the hosts with Night X - Swapping Items of USER 1 and USER 2. The result is obvious... You many only use one of these abilities on any given night.

You win if the Sophisticated win.
He seems to have been holding a Mixed-Up Rubik's Cube when he died, but it's no longer on his corpse... Perhaps the killer took it!

You then walk over to the third corpse. It somehow occurs to you that this man was relatively silent as he was killed, as he always was - or maybe he didn't have time to speak. He doesn't appear to be harmed at all on the outside, but you check his pulse and it isn't there.

Dear Mr.378,
You are Oddjob.

You are the strong and silent type, never even uttering a single word during your appearance in 'Goldfinger'. You have a unique weapon, a bowler hat with concealed blades, that you don't hesitate to use. As the personal bodyguard of Auric Goldfinger, you are an extremely loyal man. He dispatched you to Cuba to support a faction of his associates, the Assortment of Random Characters.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Guarding USER's mansion" You will make sure that no assassins will enter your targets mansion, making him immune to any kind of kill during the Night. You may guard your own mansion. Additionally, your posts in the main thread may only contain images, including your lynch votes. Should you break this restriction once, you will be silenced for the remainder of the game.

He didn't live quite as long as he did in Viva la Mafia.

I'm sending the PMs now, I'm not going to bother locking the thread this time. Deadline is in 48 hours.

edit: PMs are out.

Because all want me to claim, and because blue-light already posted it on the thread

Earthworm said:
Dear AlphaBravo,
You are a Citizen of Geesthacht.

You are a Citizen of Geesthacht.

You have no night power. However, you should use your wit and intelligence to find enemies during the day, and blow them up. To do this, post BLOW UP USER in bold, red, and underlined font in all capital letters. In order to use this ability, however, you or your target must be in possession of a Lit Candle. You and your target will both die in the explosion caused.

You have the Candle. The Candle is an item. While holding this item, posting I GOT A LIGHT in the main thread in uppercase bold red underlined font during the day will light the Candle.

I'm collecting claims. I got 2 claims already, and will be happy to get more.

2 little quirks on my role:
- If I blow up on someone, I end the day in addition to dying (WITHOUT lynch)
- If someone targets the owner of a Lit Candle, the targeter will know that his target has a Lit Candle

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Night 4

All deadlines from now on will only be 24 hours.

Everyone gathered around Exarius, the day's chosen sacrifice. Exarius proved to be a fierce warrior who was up to the task though, fighting off people attacking him. "Give up!", shouted AlphaBravo, striking Exarius a fearsome blow from behind, sending him flying. Severely wounded, Exarius turned around with a glint in his eye, yelling "I shall take you with me!". He began to run at AlphabBravo who stood his ground, looked him in the eye and said with a smug look on his face "Faramir is dead". Unable to believe this, Exarius halted, and fell to his knees with his face in his hands. AlphaBravo took this chance to kill him, walking off satisfied with his kill.

Dear Exarius,
You are Denethor.

Denethor, son of Ecthelion, the last Steward of Gondor. You were a strong-willed, proud man, father of Boromir and Faramir. You learned of the Palantir of Minas Tirith when you became the Steward. You attempted to judge Sauron's strength using the Palantir, but alas, Sauron was too strong. He tricked you into believing you had full control over it, and showed you false visions that convinced you that the situation was far better than it actually was. Your efforts with the Palantir and what it revealed weakened your body and mind. The death of your beloved son Boromir was the straw that broke the camel's back, it pushed you over the edge. You are now insane...

As a Steward, you have command over a great number of soldiers. You may command these soldiers to do your bidding during the night. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Commanding a raid on USER's village. Your spies will gather information about the user and report back, and your soldiers will bring back anything of value they find on that user. By the beginning of the next day, you will have received the user's role PM and any items they were holding.

You win if the Insane win.
When he died, Exarius was holding the Ear Muffs and the

Night 4 will end-

Suddenly, just as it began to rise up into the sky, the Moon seemed to suffer from horrendous spasms and its usually calm 'face' twisted into hideous shapes and became malformed. Shortly after this, Afroninja22 fell from the sky and crashed into the Earth, dying and being released from the torment he seemed to be experiencing. It looked 'scared' if you could apply that term to an inanimate object.

Dear Afroninja22,
You are The Moon.

You are the moon, which Skullkid has put a curse on to control. This is his way of threatening the land of Termina.

As an inanimate object, you do not have a night role, but your power is great. At night, Skullkid can make use of your ability. The premise: he can send people to the moon. This effectively removes them from the game for 3 nights. Any person on the moon is unable to use any abilities or vote, or even post in the topic. However, they can also not be the target of any abilities. If the Moon is killed while holding a user, the user dies as well. Only one user may be on the Moon at once. It also appears that someone has left a Fork on your surface.

You have the Fork. The Fork is an item. You may use it for fine dining if you go out to a restaurant at night. During the day, if you are holding the Fork your vote will count for an increased amount. The more utensils you collect, the more your vote will count for.

The Fork, the Spoon, and the Toothpick were on his surface (he was 'holding' them) when he died, but they seem to have vanished. Will the moon be resurrected like it was in Zelda Mafia? With the terror it was experiencing prior to its death, it is doubtful that it would want to be!

Night 4 will end in 24 hours from this post.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Hey Hip, going to give me Afro's Role PM yet?

So yeah, Afroninja22's death basically confirms Hip is a mole, as he was claiming the moon before and yet he said Afroninja was "confirmed clean" but never gave me a role PM when I asked, saying that "I didn't need it", even though I gathered claims from the bg, mayor, and other important villager roles.

Oh and could the few villagers that haven't claimed to me do so ASAP, especially the man formerly known as oddjob.

Night 4 ends and you all get up to find out who has kicked the bucket. You see two corpses today, and it appears that neither were members of the Assortment of Random Characters.

The first corpse belongs to ExplorerAce. He appears to have fought valiantly against the man that assaulted him, but this particular man was much too fast. ExplorerAce has suffered extensive wounds to his body and appears to have been shot repeatedly before succumbing to death.

Dear ExplorerAce,
You are Dracula.

You've lived a long, long life thanks to your dark arts that allowed you to return from death. All you need to survive is the blood of people, and with the world population growing at its current rate, your source of food likely won't run out anytime soon. You've seen people come and go, empires rise and fall, and nothing is new to you. You view people with disdain, pitying them for their weaknesses, and their inability to give in to their darker sides. The recent disturbance has caught your interest though. You have decided to cast yourself into the fray.

You have many powers, but the one that you plan to utilise in this war is your ability to control minds, and to sway people's wills. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Biting into USER's neck. That user will become one of your descendants. Their win condition will be changed to a new one that depends on their role and their abilities. Some may have a better chance if you convert them early, while others may benefit from being converted late. They will not be informed of your existence, but they may be able to discern it from relevant flavour. You only have a limited amount of power remaining, and so you can only use this ability twice during the game. However, before you use this ability for the first time, you cannot be killed at night.

You win if at least one of your descendants wins.
The second corpse looks like some kind of hairy brown lump. On closer inspection, you see bite marks all over it as the thing seems to have attempted to bite off its own legs before strangling itself. You poke it with a stick to confirm that it is dead before you roll it over and discover who it was.

Dear billymills (with a lowercase B!),
You are Taz.

Taz, the Tasmanian Devil. You're a semi-sentient tornado, that is always hungry, always whirling, highly excitable, and a complete maniac. You're not the smartest Devil out there, though who cares eh, being smart never filled your stomach. You were ripping up the world, travelling in your never-ending quest for food, when you met a troupe of people, an Assortment of Random Characters, and you saw with them an Assortment of Random Kinds Of Food the likes of which you had never seen before. You could not steal it from them for they were mighty, but they agreed to give you a large portion if you assisted them in the war.

Using your ability to spin incredibly quickly, you can easily make users lose track of their role PMs. At night, you my send a PM entitled Night X - Spinning around USER1 and USER2. One of these users will receive the other user's role PM. This will be a random process and you will not be informed of which user received the other's role PM. Only the user receiving the role PM will receive any indication of this ability's use.

You win if the Insane win.
You wonder why his win condition blatantly states that he was with the Insane while the flavour suggests he was with the Assortment of Random Characters. While you ponder this, someone makes off with the Mixed-up Rubik's Cube that was lying beside his corpse.

It's now Day 5, and Day 5 will end in 24 hours. (PMs going out now)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well I am pretty sure at this point we have won.

I just got the

Anyone know anything about this?

Earthworm said:
Dear Hipmonlee,
You are Lelouch.

You were born into royalty, your rightful position being the King of the nation that conquered the majority of the world: Britannia. However, your family fell victim to royal assassinations, and your position became one of a diplomatic hostage at an early age. You are a natural genius, and you have since decided to lead what you see as a noble and just cause - fighting for peace. You were originally fighting a losing battle, but you came into contact with an entity named C.C. from whom you have gained a limited mind control power called Geass. With this tool you are now very capable of achieving your ultimate goal of world peace - there are still obstacles that must be dealt with, however.

You are able to recruit users to your side at night, but only under certain conditions. In order to keep your identity concealed, you wear a mask to hide your face and name yourself Zero. Once you have the item called the Mask and it is equipped, you may send a night PM entitled Night X - Use the Geass to take Recruit USER. This user will have their win condition changed to 'You win if Lelouch's side wins' (with your side replacing 'Lelouch's side'). Once you successfully recruit someone, that player will receive the Mask.

Thats my pm. I guess there may be a neutral still surviving but I guess it could be anyone.. I am pretty sure it isnt me or AB.

Any questions?

Based on the fact moot has been avoiding me like the plague I'd say its pretty fair to guess he is the other mafia.. Hopefully we will have some inspection confirming that.

[edit] - also, does the mask actually exist? Which one of you bastards has it?

Have a nice day.

nuh-uh

lynch hipmonlee (or christopher whatever) (ps: are you going to change your name back at some point or is it permanent)

there, i did it. i don't believe a word of it. have a nice day you sophisticated bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)