TMR - The MSPaint Reject

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I really like the cartoonish feel to your drawings- it keeps them fresh and entertaining.

My favorte one, by far, is Magnezone v Gyarados, because Maggy is slowly becoming my new favorite Pokemon (sorry Kingdra! =P).

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm back. Hope nobody missed me, and all that.

Now, new artwork. I seem to have taken on a few ladybirds recently in various guises, so I thought Ledian would be appropriate.

Here seen using Focus Blast on Steelix. I rather messed up Steelix's shading, but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. In any case, I can now start working on requests and things. Goody.

Also, a new solo picture of Scyther:

I'm quite happy with the way this one turned out, I think, and I think I'll use it as an avatar, since my current one is somewhat out of date, unless anyone else wants it.

Big props on the badge, nice to see an experienced hand helping us with LC Analyses

Something along the lines, could you please depict a Phanpy taking a strong physical hit from a random mon with ease? Something like an Ice Punch or STAB EQ or w/e

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Big props on the badge, nice to see an experienced hand helping us with LC Analyses

Something along the lines, could you please depict a Phanpy taking a strong physical hit from a random mon with ease? Something like an Ice Punch or STAB EQ or w/e
Sure thing.

(3 hours later)

Done.

As you can see, Phanpy is depicted taking an Adamant Scarf Weavile Ice Punch. Phanpy will, no doubt, survive and OHKO with Superpower. Thus demonstrating Phanpy's tank status.

For a more real-life picture, here's one with Cranidos using Head Smash, demonstrating Phanpy's ability to counter the blue-headed bugger.

I think I messed up Phanpy's eyes in both, but whatever. I think Sneasel turned out well, not too sure about the other two. Still, I hope you like them, could make a decent banner.

Come to think of it...

...Well, maybe.

Once again, I cant thank you enough

Lord Jesseus, Cranidos doesnt stand a CHANCE against Phanpy

Also can I use that picture sized down with a slight mod ( just something like Phanpy ftw ) as my sig on LCF?

will give credit of course

I like some of these. The Pokemon are recognizable, however I also feel the drawings lack effort quite often - the facial expressions in some of them seem downright bizarre (due to lack of detail and/or the wrong emotion or no emotion at all), the attacks seem somewhat lazily done and sometimes the sizes are out of proportion big time. I don't know which of that is intentional...but if you want it to be better I'd work on that!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Also can I use that picture sized down with a slight mod ( just something like Phanpy ftw ) as my sig on LCF?

will give credit of course
Sure, okay.

Now, more art...

In this next one, Ariados is using Sucker Punch on Mismagius. As all of us are fully aware by now, Sucker Punch is NOT an actual punch, it is more like a 'cheap shot at the expense of the opponent' (Bulbapedia). Hence, a 'kick-a-man-when-he's-doing-up-his-shoelaces' sort of attack. I interpreted this in two different ways.

Clawing at Mismagius's face, and...

...the politically incorrect version.

Hope you like them.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
RegiRockBand!

Just a fun little drawing I did when I was bored.

For now, I probably won't be updating as often as I used to; however, CAP9 Artwork submissions are closing in fast, and I'm preparing my creative juices for the outcome.

Enjoy!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
List of Warstories, including the "noob" ones

No Sleep Clause + Breloom + Garchomp = Pain! (DPPt OU)

A boring and pointless story concerning my mono-Bug team (well, not entirely mono-Bug - I include Flygon and Gliscor for some reason. Probably because both are in the Bug Egg group. Who knows) versus a team that included Skarmory, Gyarados, Gengar and Garchomp - in short, the worst nightmares for a mono-Bug team, and which I was proud of for some reason. Either that or I'm just drawn to unusual warstories. In any case, I had omitted to check beforehand that all the usual clauses had been checked, and as such I was put in the unenviable situation of playing against a Spore Puncher Breloom without Sleep Clause. If nothing else, though, this shows the colossal power of Choice Scarf Heracross in any situation - KOing five of my opponent's six Pokemon is certainly no joke. Got to love those twin 120 BP STABs. Anyway, rather predictably, the battle was short, linear, and nearly every play on my part involved sacrificing a Pokemon to allow Heracross to revenge kill (and he never switched out for some reason), except the bits where I sacrifice three Pokemon to take down one Breloom. Disgusting thing.

Anyway it also involved me winning by 2%. Which I suppose is nice and dramatic or something, I dunno.

Love, Loyalty, and Parattrafusiohax (DP UU)

Another "alternative" warstory. Here I, with my bog-standard UU team, go up against a user who seemed entirely hell-bent on pursuing "annoyer" strategies such as Attract, Paralysis, and Confusion, which I don't have to tell you was bloody annoying. The battle is pretty much split into pieces where momentum keeps switching - I lose 3 Pokemon to hax, my opponent loses 3 to pure power, I lose a Pokemon to hax, they lose 3 to pure power (and a little bit of luck). For a rather bland battle, it's overly dramatised to the point of the ridiculous - though as it was indeed a very emotional battle, I suppose I can be excused on that count. It's certainly more prosaically competent than the above, though it's still quite clear that I'm much better at writing than I am at battling...

Rivals of Usage (DPPtHGSS Suspect)

Co-written with Alchemator (aka. Salac Berry). My last warstory, this time during Stage 2 of the Round 3 Suspect Testing - thus Shaymin-S and Deoxys-S are banned, and Garchomp, Latias, and Manaphy are legal. This warstory has dual commentary, illustrations, and altogether a lot more to read than anything before. Plenty of bad plays and bad puns to amuse you, though if you're coming, do stay for the writing rather than the battle, which in and of itself is subpar. There are mispredictions, the existence of Slaking, and (spoilers) a large dollop of endgame hax. But hey, reading is what makes a warstory fun, right?

Right?

-----------

Want to write your own warstory? I'd strongly recommend this guide for all the tips, tricks, and examples you could ever need.

Well all right, I did write it. And yes, it is mildly ironic that I wrote a warstory guide with nothing to show for it but these three. But hey, I learned from reading the best. And I'm certain that counts for something. Probably.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Apologies for the lack of artwork recently (I seem to be saying this a lot)

Alright... first, here's my final set of Collosoil sprites:

Yeah... I'll be very, very surprised if anybody votes for me.

Secod thing, at last I've completed the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in its entirety. All 60 Spirit Gems, all 8 Gold ship parts, all 30 treasure maps, as well as two upgrades apiece for each of the bow, bomb bag and bombchu bag, and completing the entire Ocean King Temple in 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

So, I've decided to do a piece of ceremonial artwork to mark the occasion...

Well, I honestly can't do humans (or at least their faces) for little apples. It also annoyed me how the massive shields and swords covered up quite a lot of little details that I'd put on, but I think it turned out better than I was expecting. Now I can relax and patiently await Spirit Tracks...

Would you mind if I used the Regi-Band as my Avatar, I absolutly love Registeel, and your artwork is amazing!
Thanks!

Sure, you can use it if you want, just give credit in your sig.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
hi can you please draw my avatar's tentazard with lava bubbling and spewing poison everywhere
Sure, only... when I drew it I completely overlooked the lava and poison effects, so I'll add them in later. In the meantime, is this sort of what you were expecting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)