CAP 9 CAP 9 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well that Colossoil did have LO, which does 97.25% - 114.29% to 252/12 Metagross coming off max (377) Atk, which makes sense to me.

I've got to admit, with 133/72/72 defenses, and 122 Attack and 95 Speed, Colossoil is looking a little "too" bulky. We'll playtest and see how he works out, But right now I'm thinking of nerfing his defenses (Or at least his HP) a little bit. Not too much. But just a little bit.

I've got to admit, with 133/72/72 defenses, and 122 Attack and 95 Speed, Colossoil is looking a little "too" bulky. We'll playtest and see how he works out, But right now I'm thinking of nerfing his defenses (Or at least his HP) a little bit. Not too much. But just a little bit.

Because really, A Banded Metagross Bullet Punching only 33% damage coming from a gargantuan attack stat against Colossoil, and Colossoil hitting back, OHKO'ing a Max HP and high defense metagross with EQ doesn't seem... a bit broken? I know EQ is Super Effective but really, guys. This metagross had 364 HP, with 130 BASE Def...

I say let's nerf the stats.
So basically, a Pokemon countered by Colossoil can't beat him with a fairly weak priority move? I do not see your point. Meteor Mash will do ~83%, which is pretty hefty, while Colossoil uses his meager Crunch to do ~40%. That seems slightly less broken.

So basically, a Pokemon countered by Colossoil can't beat him with a fairly weak priority move? I do not see your point. Meteor Mash will do ~83%, which is pretty hefty, while Colossoil uses his meager Crunch to do ~40%. That seems slightly less broken.
Bullet Punch would've done way more if it weren't for Colossoil's bulk. 133/72 Defenses are pretty sturdy. (This was a Banded 'gross, after all)

And you might've found out by now that I took that part out of my post. While I still keep my opinion about Colossoil's defenses, I realized that the Colossoil Doug was using had a life orb, which would've done 84% if he wasn't. That's why I took that part out.

A Scizor bullet punch would've done much more, but even so I agree with familyguyman. Colossoil is basically a counter for Metagross. Best switch when encountering it.

Just be thankful Guts is the only way it can boost its attack other than Life Orb or Choice Band. If Colossoil could use Swords Dance, then he'd be way too powerful. But he can't.

I do have one question about Rebound. Even though Colossoil is immune to Thunder Wave, will Rebound still deflect it?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Colossoil will be up at 8:30 PM, EST! Come watch the inaugural battle (me and deck knight) and playtest on the ladder soon after.

I've never used a CAP pokemon, but I want to try this one. Also, isn't there some kind of app. I need to install in order to see the CAP pokes while battling? If so, where can I find that?

Just a quick question: when will the CAP website be updated to include Collosoil (hmm, I'm getting used to that name already) ?

The first CAP I've participated in (even though I didn't get much across), and it came out great! Although I'm just theorymonning, it looks a little broken, but hopefully it won't be. I'm foreseeing a rise in bulky waters, anyone else?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
8:30... that's past midnight in GMT. Seems I won't get to watch the battle.

On a side note, good job with the project, etc, etc.

idk if this is the right topic or not, so please correct me if so.

But when in the playtest, i noticed guts out a lot more than rebound, mainly because i have only seen sweeper sets so far too, and the rebound only works if you switch am i right? That brings in a lot more prediction for him, so thats another reason why guts seems to be more favorable.

basically, i think thats rebound, compared to guts, although seeming like a great ability, seems to hard to pull off, because it only works when he switches in, so that leaves him vulnerable to anything else afterwards.

Just a comment, pointing out ability usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)