Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Normally your seconds is the same, and the delay has some scatter. The seconds is the time on the DS at the moment you continue.
i know what they are but my seconds are scattered too

before i tried to get my delay and seconds and always got 14 seconds and 6** delay

know i try this again and get
26 634
26 628
28 622
25 622
26 619
26 622
28 624
26 632
26 624

help me im having a big problem whenever i check the heads tails thing it always says that my seconds is 1:06:59 with a delay of 846 (im trying to hit time 1:07 and 900 delay)then it hopped to 1:06:52 with a delay of 921 and ive been doing the same time for delay about 17 seconds also on a side note this is for origin giratina but plz help me i dont get what im getting wrong what i do is i set my ds clock to 1:06 then i wait a minute and soft reset then i do the 17 second delay 15-20 seconds i try to vary it depending on last delay this is just really hard becuase even when i soft reset when the internal ds clock says its 1:07 the time im supposed to soft reset the rng reporter said i sr 5 or six seconds before or after the 1:07 when i reset at the 1:07 -.-

I still haven't had any luck finding the RNG call documentation for the Emerald (No Splits) and the Emerald (Splits) methods of breeding. I have Emerald (Alternate) and DPPt, but I still can't find those two Emerald methods :(. Anyone know where this is? Thanks.
I think Splits includes both non-split and split spreads, while No splits (surprise surprise) doesn't include the split spreads. I'm not entirely sure how split spreads come about though.

i know what they are but my seconds are scattered too

before i tried to get my delay and seconds and always got 14 seconds and 6** delay

know i try this again and get
26 634
26 628
28 622
25 622
26 619
26 622
28 624
26 632
26 624
Looks to me like you're not soft-resetting at a consistent time.

thats what i though too but i always synchronized my time with my computer since it has a clear seconds reading and soft reseted it always at 00 of the next minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat donpatch4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Shawk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey can you help me out you seem like an expert at this. i was just wondering if you could help me cause im trying to get my origin form giritina shiny and adamant but its not working out ive been using rng reporter's time thing but i always hit the wrong seed please help me

ahhhh thats how its goin so wait the minute then when the clock reaches new minute wait the 18-19 seconds
Yeah, I can I guess. I have to go to school like really soon though.

Do you understand the basics such as checking what seed you hit and how to advance the frame?

ya i do sorry bout late response though but how u check what seed u hit cause whenever i check it says no matches

So you're doing all ten coin flips and putting them in the RNG Reporter? If you're doing that and getting no results, you're off. You're using the seed to time thing, right? If you aren't you need to be using that. If you are, then go to where it says Delays right in the middle and type a bigger number like 30-50. If you're still not getting any matches after that, you're way off.

ya i just tested with -30 +30 and it didnt show up how do i make my seed more accurate?

What delay are you trying to hit and how long are you waiting to hit it?

im trying to hit a delay of 900 and the time it shows is 1:07 so i set my dsi clock to 1:06 when my cpu clock reaches the next minute then i go into the game world and whan the cpu clock hits 45 seconds i sr then when the cpu clock hits the next minute i hit continue

All right, there's your problem. What you want to do is SR your game at exactly 1:07 and wait about 18-19 seconds for a delay of 900 until you continue into the game.

Yep, wait until it gets to 1:07, then SR right when it gets there and enter the game world in about 18-19 seconds. Somewhere in between. xD You probably won't hit it on your first try so make sure you check your delay and depending on the results, continue into the game faster or slower.

ok i just did it right and my delay is 19 over

Uh-oh... Do you have a GBA pokemon game like Emerald or Fire Red?

ya i have emerald in my orginal ds but i am using my dsi with platuinum the game i am playing at the moment

Oh, right, DSi's... Well you may have to use that DS then if you want to get this Giratina...

Are you trying to hit an even or an odd delay? And was the number that you hit 19 over even or odd?

ok so use my original ds with eme in it and it was even number i shot over

All right, I'm confused now... You went 19 over then 44 over. :o What delay are you trying to hit and what delays are you getting? Are they even or are they all odd?

It's because you reset at different times. It's kind of hard to explain, but you always reset at different times. That time you were probably a little late.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat cantab
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey can you help me out you seem like an expert at this. i was just wondering if you could help me cause im trying to get my origin form giritina shiny and adamant but its not working out ive been using rng reporter's time thing but i always hit the wrong seed please help me

Do you know what seed you're hitting? If you're only a few off on the delay, just keep trying, you should hit it eventually. If you're way off, try changing the year to get a target delay closer to what you are getting. If your delay is odd and you need it to be even, or vice versa, remove or insert a GBA game. If your seconds is off, soft reset slightly earlier or later as appropriate.

ok thankswhat do i do after i hit thge seed?

Once you've hit the correct seed, you then have to advance the RNG to the correct frame. The main method of doing this is by flipping to pages in the journal which have messages saying you caught or defeated a Pokemon. Each flip advances the RNG by two. To advance it by an odd number, if there are no wild Pokemon you walk 128 steps with an odd number of Pokemon in your party, and it advances 1 frame per pokemon. If there are wild Pokemon, take a single step to advance 1 frame.

help me im having a big problem whenever i check thye heads tails thing it always says that my seconds is 1:06:59 with a delay of 846 (im trying to hit time 1:07 and 900 delay)then it hopped to 1:6:52 with a delay of 921 and ive been doing the same time for delay about 17 seconds also on a side note this is for origin giratina but plz help me i dont get what im getting wrong

Hmmm...I'm not sure. Those are long delays, I take it you're using some sort of timer. I've only ever used the mashing A approach.

ya i am using a timer but it still wont work out well the frames i need is 289 but the thing is that emloop said that would take 4.87 seconds after sr and it takes 15 for me to get to continue from soft reset -.-

289 frames in 4.87 seconds refers to Emerald I think (where the RNG advances relentlessly). I don't think that's relevant to Platinum.

these are 2 relatively long conversations i had with 2 experts at the rng abuse and i am still haveing alot of trouble if you read and you can find a way to help me out please pm me because either 1 of 2 things its hard for the experts to explain or i am just confusing them:toast:

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think Splits includes both non-split and split spreads, while No splits (surprise surprise) doesn't include the split spreads. I'm not entirely sure how split spreads come about though.
I'm trying to find the documentation such as: RNG call 1 does x, call 2 does y, call three does z, etc. etc. Splits is just splits, no splits is just no splits, and both is the option that includes both. I'm trying to debug the Java version of PokeRNG (the wild part is fully up and running now), and I can't seem to get it to work from just the source code. Do you have any clue where this is, Mingot?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
mingot i have reste it and i have gotten a new delay is this more appropraite with a delay of 608 for a first timer?
No idea. Calibrate and find out. IE. Follow the directions.

I'm trying to find the documentation such as: RNG call 1 does x, call 2 does y, call three does z, etc. etc. Splits is just splits, no splits is just no splits, and both is the option that includes both. I'm trying to debug the Java version of PokeRNG (the wild part is fully up and running now), and I can't seem to get it to work from just the source code. Do you have any clue where this is, Mingot?
Other than the source code to RNG Reporter, which you should be using, it is not really documented (for emerald). It should be pretty simple to figure out, though. It is in FrameGenerator.cs. You can also see the inheritance documentation for DPP on the first page of the post. It's exactly the same as emerald, except that different RNG calls are used/skipped.

Other than the source code to RNG Reporter, which you should be using, it is not really documented (for emerald). It should be pretty simple to figure out, though. It is in FrameGenerator.cs. You can also see the inheritance documentation for DPP on the first page of the post. It's exactly the same as emerald, except that different RNG calls are used/skipped.
I'm using the Source Code from PokeRNG, and all of my IV Generation is correct, it is just the inheritance/skipped calls that are off. I don't have the Source code for RNG Reporter to work with, would you be able to PM that to me or direct me to where I can view it?

Thanks Mingot, you are a great help with everything! :)

mingot

free agent
I'm using the Source Code from PokeRNG, and all of my IV Generation is correct, it is just the inheritance/skipped calls that are off. I don't have the Source code for RNG Reporter to work with, would you be able to PM that to me or direct me to where I can view it?

Thanks Mingot, you are a great help with everything! :)
Link to download RNG Reporter in sig, and there is a link to the source code on that page. It says "open source".

Do GBA Games in the DS GBA Slot mess with your delay or coin flips? Because i cant seem to get the Coin Flips i need ( ive been trying for like an hour now and i usually get it it in like 10 mins :/ )

Yeah they do. If you always hit even delays, you'll be hitting odd delays with a GBA game or if you always hit odd delays, you'll hit even ones.

fuck you test... :p

Yeah they do. If you always hit even delays, you'll be hitting odd delays with a GBA game or if you always hit odd delays, you'll hit even ones.

fuck you test... :p
You dirty dirty mouthed young man, you should be ashamed for swearing to a girl and getting beated by her in Brawl and responding first!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Do GBA Games in the DS GBA Slot mess with your delay or coin flips? Because i cant seem to get the Coin Flips i need ( ive been trying for like an hour now and i usually get it it in like 10 mins :/ )
Yes, they do. They change the delays from odd to even (and vice versa).

ppl why does my delay go so low? my target is 600 in 14 sec with 12 of frame, i always hit my frame and secs but my delay gos from 580 to 590

Ok since they change your Delay then what year do you put?
Like im trying for a Delay of 604
So i would use the Year of Delay 605?

Has anyone done (or is planning to do) research on PID generation of WonderCard Pokémon? Since Egg PIDs are generated separately from IVs, and we managed to figure them out, I would expect it to be possible to figure out the PID generation of WonderCard Pokémon as well. It would obviously be an immense help with RNGing WonderCard Pokémon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)