Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So, I've been trying this with eggs for while, and I have been having trouble hitting my delay. How would I hit my delay? Is it based on luck or something? Because I always hit the seconds but I'm not sure how to hit my delay.

And in Legend abuse, you have to change years to hit the correct delay, but how do you know what delay you are hitting? Can someone experienced answer this please. I also hear that you have to mash the "A" button to get the egg before NPCs move, is this true? Because in solaceon town I can never hit it before either the bunneary or the cowgirl walk, or do you just have to hit the A button as quickly as you can?

I really want to learn to RNG abuse

~Shravan

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
ppl why does my delay go so low? my target is 600 in 14 sec with 12 of frame, i always hit my frame and secs but my delay gos from 580 to 590
Everyone's delay naturally varies because of human error while mashing the A button. More skilled RNGabusers have more consistent delays. However, just write down each delay you get and look for a pattern. My pattern is that I usually hit 598 on plat. When writing my delays down it might look like this...

etc...

If you'll notice, I hit 598 about 50% of the time, so as long as I make that the delay I'm shooting for, I'll hit my delay about 50% of the time (not bad odds).

However, when you're searching for a time and date to abuse, it'll probably give you some other delay. What you need to do is "fiddle" with the year you'll be abusing in and it'll change your Delay up and down till you get the exact delay you want.

Oke, Iv been RNGing all legends from platinum succesfully and getting pretty good at it. now i want to do the roaming legendary birds but here is the thing.

I dont understand how i can RNG for 3 different sets of stats and nature for the 3 different birds. would i basically have to go for a very good stat spread and than synch the natures? i mean if i hit my seed and than my frame and release the birds i dont figure theyll all have the same IV spreads right? so how does this work? and how can this be manipulated for all three? or is it. hit the seed. release, hit your frame than catch? i know the 3 will release on different frames. however since the frame separation is of the birds isnt that big. how can i ensure that by catching one i dont go over the frame of the other? i dont even know which is which frame. its seems undoable to me.

i dont know if this has been asked before. iv tried using the search option in the thread but it didnt help me much with my questions. so thx in advance for answering.

Oke, Iv been RNGing all legends from platinum succesfully and getting pretty good at it. now i want to do the roaming legendary birds but here is the thing.

I dont understand how i can RNG for 3 different sets of stats and nature for the 3 different birds. would i basically have to go for a very good stat spread and than synch the natures? i mean if i hit my seed and than my frame and release the birds i dont figure theyll all have the same IV spreads right? so how does this work? and how can this be manipulated for all three? or is it. hit the seed. release, hit your frame than catch? i know the 3 will release on different frames. however since the frame separation is of the birds isnt that big. how can i ensure that by catching one i dont go over the frame of the other? i dont even know which is which frame. its seems undoable to me.

i dont know if this has been asked before. iv tried using the search option in the thread but it didnt help me much with my questions. so thx in advance for answering.

The first thing u have to do is simply look for a spread of any bird you want. Let´s suppose you star with moltres. Moltres frame is always 1. So simply save in front of professor Oak and try to hit the correct delay. After this, advance your frame (don´t fprget to substract 1 from your target frame), then talk to Oak and this will release the birds. Then, you can simply catch your moltres. If you encounter the other birds, kill them!
You have to kill all of them. After this, re-do the elite 4. Then you can continue with zapdos or articuno. As you already have caught moltres, zapdos frame will get 6 now. So you have to look for a desired spread, save in front of oak, hit the correct delay, advance the frame again, talk to him to release the remaining birds and catch zapdos. If you encounter articuno, you also have to kill it (you always have to kill the other birds you´re not looking for). Then re-do elite-4 again. Articunos frame will be 11 now so repeat the progress as mentioned above.

oke seeing as trying to encounter a legendary bird means walking in and out of a town a lot doesnt that mean i will advance the frame even more? or doesnt that matter seeing as i hit the frame before i talked to oak so the IVs and nature are set? another question. to find the spreads with time finder do I use method 1 or J in this case?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The Ranger Manaphy Egg, I have AR'd me one of these to test doing wonder card stuff. I have twice hit my delay needed to get the 31/13/31/31/31/31 spread.

Upon hatching egg both times, I have got adamant nature, which coincides with the nature RNG reporter lists it as.

Question is, have I just produced a pure fluke by hatching it adamant nature twice, or does Ranger Manaphy's nature matched to what is listed in RNG Reporter? (I hope that makes sense)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
The Ranger Manaphy Egg, I have AR'd me one of these to test doing wonder card stuff. I have twice hit my delay needed to get the 31/13/31/31/31/31 spread.

Upon hatching egg both times, I have got adamant nature, which coincides with the nature RNG reporter lists it as.

Question is, have I just produced a pure fluke by hatching it adamant nature twice, or does Ranger Manaphy's nature matched to what is listed in RNG Reporter? (I hope that makes sense)
Ranger Manaphy eggs are not like other Wonder Cards in that they are pure Method 1 (i.e. the nature matches what's in RNG Reporter).

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ranger Manaphy eggs are not like other Wonder Cards in that they are pure Method 1 (i.e. the nature matches what's in RNG Reporter).
Thanks, Eep, this is probably something I should document. The only other rub with this, that I can think of, is that the ARNG will get called to make these NOT shiny, should a user choose a spread that is. I have been doing some updates to the guides so I will put this one on the todo list.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Thanks, Eep, this is probably something I should document. The only other rub with this, that I can think of, is that the ARNG will get called to make these NOT shiny, should a user choose a spread that is. I have been doing some updates to the guides so I will put this one on the todo list.
This could be interesting. Could we get some strange spreads on Manaphy by deliberately invoking the ARNG, I wonder?

When is the spread set for Cresselia? Is it when I speak to it on Fullmoon Island, or some other time?
When you speak to it. Starting frame of 5.

mingot

free agent
When is the spread set for Cresselia? Is it when I speak to it on Fullmoon Island, or some other time?
Have you seen this:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#method1

This could be interesting. Could we get some strange spreads on Manaphy by deliberately invoking the ARNG, I wonder?
Yes, but just a single different PID (nature) for each of the spreads. The replacement PID is calculated by doing this bit of math on the PID that RNG Reporter reports, as many times as necessary, until the Pokemon is NOT shiny:

pid = pid * 0x6c078965 + 1;

Really? Hot!

If I have a spread with two natures Modest/Timid in my case, is there a equal chance an getting them, or does one Nature come before the other? (without sync.)

Ok found something that sucks:

76ce7180 (TIMID,
ability 0)
31/31/30/30/31/30
(Seed: b1150781
Frame: 45)

76ce7180
F50F051B
(TIMID,
ability 0)
31/31/30/30/31/30
(Seed: F50F051B
Frame: 576)

Have two flawless HP Fire Spreads (same PID) and trying it to abuse for Latias and Latios. But there is no way. No matter what I do the game seems sorta skip this frame. I resetted for a ID/SID combination that makes both spreads shiny(as they have the same PID) but still the games lets me constantly miss it. It skips it.
Could it be that the game actually rejects this PID being Shiny for Latias/Latios? Can't be can it?

Certain Pokemon are coded to never be shiny. But I don't think Lati@s is one of them. It may just be bad luck. What sort of range of frames are you getting, and how many times have you tried?

ok heres the results so far emerald is inserted just to let you know
test 1 16 seconds 769 delay (most likely off)
test 2 14 sec 603 del
test 3 14 sec 625 del
test 4 13 sec 597 del (slight chance of being off)
test 5 14 sec del 623
test 6 14 sec del 605
test 7 14 sec del 613
test 8 14 sec del 597
test 9 14 sec del 617
test 10 14 sec del 599
these are some of the tests i di to for shiny origin giritaina origin girtina to find out my average delay and seconds here is the exact giritina spread i am going for so can you help me out on what to do next?
seed:EF060261
frame 110
pid 075415A8
ivs 14/30/31/7/30/3

Hey, I'm new here, and I just started RNGing for shinies. This may be a stupid question, but does anybody know where I can get a foreign Ditto with good IVs? As you know, the amount of taps and flips are less with one international parent. It is harder for me to get good Iv's though, because I'm not using my quality Dittos'.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I'm new here, and I just started RNGing for shinies. This may be a stupid question, but does anybody know where I can get a foreign Ditto with good IVs? As you know, the amount of taps and flips are less with one international parent. It is harder for me to get good Iv's though, because I'm not using my quality Dittos'.
In the future, use the simply questions, simple requests thread sticky.

But to answer your question, Pehu has an international Ditto. I'm not sure if anyone with rights to Syberia's Ditto still trades here..

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
For you Pandora's Box folks out there, there's a new version to download (link in sig). This new version fixes the Seed Finder function, which I accidentally broke going from two versions ago to last version.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
For you Pandora's Box folks out there, there's a new version to download (link in sig). This new version fixes the Seed Finder function, which I accidentally broke going from two versions ago to last version.
Ummm... I just downloaded it like 2 hours ago. Was that the newest version? Oh, and plus, I'm glad you're here to ask. I'm not really into shinys at all, but should I just run my new ID and SID through your program anyway to see if there the good IV/Nature combos that I'm looking for, or is your program just for shiny/Nature/IV combos?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Ummm... I just downloaded it like 2 hours ago. Was that the newest version? Oh, and plus, I'm glad you're here to ask. I'm not really into shinys at all, but should I just run my new ID and SID through your program anyway to see if there the good IV/Nature combos that I'm looking for, or is your program just for shiny/Nature/IV combos?
I just added the new version like five minutes before I posted, so if you're still interested, please redownload.

You probably want Wichu's PokeRNG program to do what you want. My program is designed to allow people to manipulate their ID and SID at the start of the game to make flawless spreads shiny.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I just added the new version like five minutes before I posted, so if you're still interested, please redownload.

You probably want Wichu's PokeRNG program to do what you want. My program is designed to allow people to manipulate their ID and SID at the start of the game to make flawless spreads shiny.
I really do appreciate your help and your program. At some later time, probably just before the VGCs next year I'll actually get flawless shinys I guess, but for right now, I'm just testing teams out, so shinyness doesn't matter.

Thanks again! :D

Really idiotic question then...
If you're not going for shinys do your ID and SID not matter then? Can you get the exact same non shiny spreads for any game with any ID SID combo?

And I hope I'm not asking too many questions here, but...
But I just looked for a Timid 30+ / 0+ / 30+ / 31 / 30+ / 31 spread and all PokeRNG said was
"Searching........................Done!" Where do the results show up? I assume there is such a spread cuz I've gotten it before with my Dialga and Palkia (flawless timid).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)