Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Can Teddiursa play like a Ursaring using toxic orb to activate quick feet or will the toxic damage kill it too quickly?

What I'm really asking I suppose is Toxic Orb damage set amount or relative to max HP?

Can Teddiursa play like a Ursaring using toxic orb to activate quick feet or will the toxic damage kill it too quickly?

What I'm really asking I suppose is Toxic Orb damage set amount or relative to max HP?
All residual damage is relative to max HP. I believe toxic damage is 1/16 the first turn, 2/16 the second turn (totaling 3/16), etc.

Yes, but similar to Ursaring, it's easier to stop than you'd think.

I just want to know if the Oran Berry mechanics are correctly implemented in Shoddy Battle.
For example does passive damage at the end of a turn activate Oran, such as Poison and Sandstorm damage?

This is hard to phrase, but how many of the LC pokemon have really been tried? for example is there still movesets to be discovered? and if they have all been tested, is there a list of the results?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A vast majority of LC Pokemon have been tested in some form, but its easy to take almost any decent looking middle-low use Pokemon and find a set that has probably not been properly tested before (maybe theorymoned up or used in a couple of teams) and is at least decent in LC-OU.

There is not a list of results as such, but asking on #littlecup should tell you if the set has had much use at any time in the past, or if your theorymoned set is likely to work.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
According to Serebii.net, a special Lv.5 Munchlax is available via the Pokewalker that knows Selfdestruct, a move previously (correct me if I am wrong) unavailable to it. How will this affect Munchlax itself as well as the Little Cup metagame at large?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That's hardly a simple question. o_o Lack of Pursuit hurts that Munchlax's ability to deal with opposing Ghosts, making it less viable against them, obviously. Other than that, we won't really know until it's implemented, will we? Additionally, such a Munchlax seems that it isn't obtainable from an egg, which seems to me that it's illegal by our current ruleset, as that is literally the first rule on the page.

Additionally, such a Munchlax seems that it isn't obtainable from an egg, which seem to me that it's illegal by our current ruleset, as that is literally the first rule on the page.
Quite frankly though, isn't that a useless rule? What difference does it honestly make if a pokemon was caught or hatched (other than movesets)? Perhaps I'm missing something here... ?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah, "obtainable by egg" is really an irrelevant rule. I'd actually move to have it struck from the ruleset personally, especially since cases like this now exist.

Alright, from what I understand the Pomeg glitch is legal, however a similar glitch that allows for genderless Pokemon to obtain level up moves in 4th gen isn't. Why make one glitch legal and the other illegal? If you're not going to allow one why allow the other?

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Japenese Breeding Glitch is competitively broken whereas the Pomeg Glitch is not.

Alright, from what I understand the Pomeg glitch is legal, however a similar glitch that allows for genderless Pokemon to obtain level up moves in 4th gen isn't. Why make one glitch legal and the other illegal? If you're not going to allow one why allow the other?
To expand on what Dub said, the main reason it isn't allowed is because glitches are something we can choose to allow or not. Banning glitches isn't changing any game mechanics, it's the same as banning specific Pokemon. We aren't saying "this glitch should be removed from Pokemon", we are just saying "use of this glitch is not allowed".

So this other glitch was broken, and we banned it. The same way Kyogre is broken, and it is banned from standard.

I have a little question... what's all this I hear about some Pomeg Glitch? o_0 I've been off the LC scene for a while, and I just came back and read a fascinating article in The Smog about LC's history that mentions this. Apparently it's like the Ditto breeding glitch or some such? Clarify, anybody...? Thanks.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a little question... what's all this I hear about some Pomeg Glitch? o_0 I've been off the LC scene for a while, and I just came back and read a fascinating article in The Smog about LC's history that mentions this. Apparently it's like the Ditto breeding glitch or some such? Clarify, anybody...? Thanks.
In ADV it is possible to have an Egg battle while abusing Pomeg to reduce your lead pokemon's HP to -1. This glitch allowed pokemon such as Porygon, Starmie, and Belly Drum Zigzagoon to be leveled up in an egg, obtain their otherwise unallowed level up moves, and then hatch at level 5 with the moves they learned.

Never played LC, so i'm gonna ask some opinions about some underused pokes(i'm going to post my opinion):

Bellsprout: can make use of Swords Dance with priority or Chlorophyll Solarbeams and Weather Balls to dish out heavy damage from both good attacking stats.

Buneary: decent attack and good speed. Lots of attacking options.

Nosepass: Godly defenses, crap typing.

Remoraid: hits hard with Hustle. Good Scarf user.

Wailmer: dunno. Really high HP and decent speed to use Scarf.

Doduo: ?

So? What do you think about those?​

Bellsprout: Quite effective at sweeping with a simple SD Sleep Powder Seed Bomb Sucker Punch set. Also quite effective at being a special sweeper in the sun.

Buneary: Great lead, it has Fake Out, Encore, Klutz, and Switcheroo.

Nosepass: Pretty terrible imo.

Remoraid: Great scarfer.

Wailmer: Also great scarfer.

Doduo: Excellent Scarf or simply Life Orb set with QA Return Brave Bird and Roost.

I have mixed opinions about Doduo, I honestly feel Taillow is better for me.

Nosepass will be my brainchild soon enough 8D.......

... Remoraid and Wailmer are in the same boat, but I dont like Choiced waters because thats a chance for Mantyke to enter, set up, and wreck stuff.

Buneary is a cool lead, however I say one should use Switcheroo with Buneary always, because otherwise its either a poor Aipom for power or poor Glameow for priority

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)