Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Pikachu25, I don't know you, but I probably should. That's an amazing app right there. When I get back to RNG abusing, I'll be sure to give your program a spin. You get the official bearsfan092 seal of approval.

all i got to say pikachu25.....amazing I'm not even in the process of RNG abusing anything as of yet but when i fit in some time in break ill be sure to have a go with that. great job!

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have more improvements for JavaRNG
pikachu25, you now have a post on the first page of this thread that you are welcome to use for instructions / downloads or whatever you feel would be helpful. Feel free to keep making announcements here, though. Thanks for writing these tools :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822070&postcount=10

i actually used rng reporter to get my shiny giratina - but yeas you do have to sacrifise good ivs for shinyness. I actually had a frame of 4000+ which wasnt nice to do journal flips for lol
Or you could use Pandora's Box (see WildEeps post on the first page of this thread) to reset for a suitable ID/SID to get a flawless and shiny spread.

Thanks a lot, I am truly honored.

I'll go fill in that post with the current information right now! I have a couple more ideas for apps, but unless school gets called off again tomorrow, they will probably have to wait :P. Also, is there a reverse-RNG algorithm somewhere that lets you go backwards through the games PRNG?

This isn't my department, but sorta. Based on given information, like the time, date you entered the game, you can find out possible seeds that you may have gotten. I think there is some info on it in the first post somewhere.

Thanks a lot, I am truly honored.

I'll go fill in that post with the current information right now! I have a couple more ideas for apps, but unless school gets called off again tomorrow, they will probably have to wait :P. Also, is there a reverse-RNG algorithm somewhere that lets you go backwards through the games PRNG?
amazing work :)
look forward to using your app - and look forward to your future ones

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm just about ready to RNG Mew. Anybody got any good suggestions on the best/easiest place to pick him up? Are there any shops with few/no NPCs inside, or without NPCs outside so I could check my seed first (doubtful)?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just about ready to RNG Mew. Anybody got any good suggestions on the best/easiest place to pick him up? Are there any shops with few/no NPCs inside, or without NPCs outside so I could check my seed first (doubtful)?
try the pokemart in cerulean city i heard there no moving NPC there

I have a quick question about hatching shiny Pokemon. On the guide, in Step 5, there's a screenshot of a list of Shiny Egg PIDs. If I was breeding a, say, Staryu and Ditto, would that list be Staryu eggs only, or is it different Pokemon?

Also, how do you find your SID if you haven't caught a shiny?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Just because I haven't done WCs in a while...

Pick a good Method 1 seed, ignore the nature cuz it's either fixed or random, and add 2 to the Method 1 frame to get the WC frame right?

Just because I haven't done WCs in a while...

Pick a good Method 1 seed, ignore the nature cuz it's either fixed or random, and add 2 to the Method 1 frame to get the WC frame right?
Yes. Another good way is to find the Method 1 spread and type the seed into RNG Reporter, put the IVs of the spread under the search parameters, select "Wondercard IVs," and generate the spread that way, verifying the seed.

EDIT: Doing this confirms that yes, you do just add 2 to the Method 1 frame.

woah thats really high and I guess its my computer since the stopwatch I use gets me up to a frame away from my desired frame so its not the game itself. Although how wouldI download the swf , but I'm guessing this isn't the place to ask or it doesn't matter according to mingot's post any way thanks for your suggestion
I think computers often aren't particularly accurate clocks. An actual stopwatch, even a cheaper one, will probably keep better time.

Another question, related to my other one on the previous page. On the Shiny Egg PIDs list, if there is no natures that you want, how do you reset it? Just start all over?

@ Stromberg: Yes, reset your game and look for spreads with that new seed.

@ Despotar: It can be manythings, but it is probably that you have a roamer out that you forgot to account for.

@ flygon123: They have to have a few of the IVs you want, but they don't have to be flawless themselves. See the breeding guide linked to on the first page for more details. EDIT: Beaten.

I hit a frame of 18 instead of 15, NPC moving?
EDIT: My friend (Master Of Puppets) thinks this may be affecting my frame.
Would cress zapdos Articuno's Moltres and Mesbrite wandering affect it?

The pedantic answer is that it does not effect your delay at all, because that is independent of the year.

But, the seed is based on (year + delay), so it does effect which seeds you can hit. In effect, subtracting years lets you get the same seed with higher delays. Adding years lets you get the same seed with lower delays.

Play with it in the "Seed to Time" dialog to see the effect.

The delay is (approximately) a number that represents 60 x the number of seconds between resetting the game and entering the game world (see the chart which someone posted earlier on the page) and cannot be affected by anything you do after you enter the game world. Basically once you enter the game world your delay has been used to create an initial seed so nothing you do after entering the game world can change that.

Short answer: yes, you can fly somewhere after collecting your egg and catch a level 50 pokemon to find your seed. I would suggest following the directions, though, as they give an easier way (using coin flips) to do the same thing.

Flash always runs locally, so it doesnt make much difference where it is hosted.
Okey thanks and yeah i know how different spreads can be hit on different years

I hit a frame of 18 instead of 15, NPC moving?
EDIT: My friend (Master Of Puppets) thinks this may be affecting my frame.
Would cress zapdos Articuno's Moltres and Mesbrite wandering affect it?
Yes each wandering Pokemon will advance your initial frame by 1 each.

EDIT: Just a quickie, can someone point me in the direction of the mapped out radio advancements for HGSS. Having a hard time with my Latios due to all the NPCs in Pewter City

EDIT 2: Never mind, I just hit my seed, timed 42 seconds after the game started and I got frame 112, unfortunatley the spread I wanted is on either frame 111 or 113 haha... what bad luck.

Is there a way to affect the swarms on platinum?Or they 're random?
Let's say i want a jolly natu on 4/4/2010 and i get another poke swarming.Is there a way to change that according to my needs?

Edit:Thanks riddlinkid!

Save in front of the girl in sandgem, change the DS clock to 23:59. Go in game (before the day changes), wait until 00:00, then talk to her. If it's not your swarm pokemon, save, change the clock to 23:59 again, and repeat. Once you get your target as the swarm, you can change the date and clock as you please, just make sure you do not allow the clock to change from 23:59 to 00:00 or it will switch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)