Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm having hard time finding this spread in method J:
a6140265, 3065, b4c7865b, , Naive, 1, 31, 22, 31, 30, 30, 31, Ground, 70.
Does it mean that this spread does not exist at all for method J? Or am I doing something wrong?

I use the seed "a6140265" and generate a naive nature in method J and that spread doesn't show up anywhere, even if I use 99999+ results.

I'm having hard time finding this spread in method J:
a6140265, 3065, b4c7865b, , Naive, 1, 31, 22, 31, 30, 30, 31, Ground, 70.
Does it mean that this spread does not exist at all for method J? Or am I doing something wrong?

I use the seed "a6140265" and generate a naive nature in method J and that spread doesn't show up anywhere, even if I use 99999+ results.
It's coming up just fine for me. Frames 3048, 3050, 3054, 3060, 3062, and 3064.

Yes each wandering Pokemon will advance your initial frame by 1 each.

EDIT: Just a quickie, can someone point me in the direction of the mapped out radio advancements for HGSS. Having a hard time with my Latios due to all the NPCs in Pewter City

EDIT 2: Never mind, I just hit my seed, timed 42 seconds after the game started and I got frame 112, unfortunatley the spread I wanted is on either frame 111 or 113 haha... what bad luck.
If I do 4 flips, and their are 4 wandering legends, could I do 2 flips?
Would it work?
EDIT: I have been trying this and spreads aren't showing up in adjacent results..

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
On the RNG reporter which ability is Synchronize(0 or 1).
Is there a chart that lists the abilities and their respective numbers?
Straight from the guide that you should be using to do this:

Ability

Pokémon may have two possible abilities, one of which is often preferred. The "Ability" option is used to allow you to filter results based on the ability. As RNG Reporter does not know the Pokémon you are capturing, it simply requests the ability as "0", "1", or "Any". When the "Any" option is selected, all results will be returned, regardless of ability. When either "0" or "1" are selected only results with that particular ability will be returned. To convert these numbers to an actual ability, click the "Dex / IV Check" button in RNG Reporter and select the Pokémon you are capturing. Additionally, there is an online listing for Pokemon with multiple abilities in X-Act's article on PID Creation. Legendary Pokémon will only have one ability, so the default option or "Any" should be left selected.

Hello

I have a question about the HG/SS RNG. I found my seconds and delay according to the DPPt guide, which is 13/490. I then searched:

http://dppt.x-treem.nl/?pagina=zoeken&zoeken=&hp=31&atk=31&def=31&spatk=31&spdef=31&speed=31&type=

and I have found seed: d2140289

I have some questions.

1. I am going to try to abuse for Raikou, and I would like to know whether the seed found on that site is DPPt specific or if it can be used for HG/SS.

2. My delay is 490. In the seed to time function, the furthest year the DS can go up to is 2099. So I put that in. The delay dropped only to 550. If this spread is viable, then how can I possibly hit it.

3. If I save in the room where the dogs are, then are there any wandering NPCs to affect the frame? I am unsure, but does Eusine come down to the basement before you release the dogs or after since I do not want any NPCs to affect the frame.

One more question.

In RNG reporter, I used the IVs to PID, and it came up with a seed:

C69FB838

When I clicked generate, on Frame 1 was the Flawless pokemon I wanted. My question is, how do I get this seed? In seed to time it said "This seed is invalid, please verify that you have entered it correctly and try again". I need to hit this seed. Its Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 and would make HG/SS RNG a lot easier. Also would this even work? Should'nt the target frame be:

1-1-0=0

RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

How would one hit frame 0? Its impossible.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I seem to remember people saying something about either the Enigma Crystal, or in game, lati having some weird frame issues. Something about it randomly switching between 6, 7, and 8 or something. Does anybody know which it is, or if this was cleared up somewhere? I got my "ingame" latias on the first time I hit my seed, so I might have just gotten lucky, but I'm about to download the Enigma Crystal and get my Latios and I just want to be prepared if it starts doing something weird...

Also. What town is the Mining Musem in again? Oh, and I assume the Enigma Crystal Latias is method K cuz it's just standing there right (at least it looks that way in the pictures)?

[edit]
Mt. Silver Champion. Hey, about Raikou, I got a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Timid HP I 70 Raikou (and a matching Entei later ^.^).

1) You can use that seed you listed, but even if you put the year to 2099 (the max in your DS) the delay would still be 550 (as low as you can get it). That said, lots of people use a program called "Emloop" that is linked in the OP to hit those high delays. It's a little online timer that will help you wait the exact amount of seconds needed to hit it. However, I'm too lazy for that, so if you need, I've got quite a few good spreads that have the 490ish delay range now (and even step by step on how I got Raikou).

2) Oh, yeah, discussed above. :P

3) There are NO Moving NPCs down there. Eusine comes down after, but that's when the dogs have already been released. He doesn't count. Ther ARE however NPCs upstairst that will throw you off.

4) Don't know bud. :P

Let me know if you need any help with Raikou. The trick seems to be (at least in my experience) either using the radio to advance by 1-3ish per "detune" or if you have a crazy high frame then using Sweet Scents to advance by 25-90ish to get there faster. Problem is, sweet scenting gives you different advancements on different seeds, so you have to figure out what works for you on your specific seed.

I seem to remember people saying something about either the Enigma Crystal, or in game, lati having some weird frame issues. Something about it randomly switching between 6, 7, and 8 or something. Does anybody know which it is, or if this was cleared up somewhere? I got my "ingame" latias on the first time I hit my seed, so I might have just gotten lucky, but I'm about to download the Enigma Crystal and get my Latios and I just want to be prepared if it starts doing something weird...

Also. What town is the Mining Musem in again? Oh, and I assume the Enigma Crystal Latias is method K cuz it's just standing there right (at least it looks that way in the pictures)?

[edit]
Mt. Silver Champion. Hey, about Raikou, I got a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Timid HP I 70 Raikou (and a matching Entei later ^.^).

1) You can use that seed you listed, but even if you put the year to 2099 (the max in your DS) the delay would still be 550 (as low as you can get it). That said, lots of people use a program called "Emloop" that is linked in the OP to hit those high delays. It's a little online timer that will help you wait the exact amount of seconds needed to hit it. However, I'm too lazy for that, so if you need, I've got quite a few good spreads that have the 490ish delay range now (and even step by step on how I got Raikou).

2) Oh, yeah, discussed above. :P

3) There are NO Moving NPCs down there. Eusine comes down after, but that's when the dogs have already been released. He doesn't count. Ther ARE however NPCs upstairst that will throw you off.

4) Don't know bud. :P

Let me know if you need any help with Raikou. The trick seems to be (at least in my experience) either using the radio to advance by 1-3ish per "detune" or if you have a crazy high frame then using Sweet Scents to advance by 25-90ish to get there faster. Problem is, sweet scenting gives you different advancements on different seeds, so you have to figure out what works for you on your specific seed.
So let me get this straight, the frame will be advanced due to the actions of Eusine and Morty even though they are on the floor above? If one saves on the floor with the dogs then will the NPCs movements affect the frame?

Its Pewter City in Kanto and yes method K, I'm guessing the reason frames were jumping around for certain people is because there ARE randomly moving NPCs in the city. So hitting my shiny Timid spread of 27/27/31/31/28/31 is taking alot longer than anticipated.....

After succesfully RNG abusing for 3 weeks now, it seems my seconds went from 14 to 15 but my delay is still the same (597). Is there a reason for this?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So let me get this straight, the frame will be advanced due to the actions of Eusine and Morty even though they are on the floor above? If one saves on the floor with the dogs then will the NPCs movements affect the frame?
I apologize. I worded that strangely. What I meant is that if you save upstairs there will be NPCs that will throw you off. However, as long as you save downstairs you do not have to worry about any NPCs.

After succesfully RNG abusing for 3 weeks now, it seems my seconds went from 14 to 15 but my delay is still the same (597). Is there a reason for this?
You're resetting too late. Possibly your external clock is a bit unreliable, or your mis-synchronising clocks.

I apologize. I worded that strangely. What I meant is that if you save upstairs there will be NPCs that will throw you off. However, as long as you save downstairs you do not have to worry about any NPCs.
My final questions. I said before my delay was 490. But I was getting 606 in Platinum. I would reset 14 seconds before the minute, and I would get my delay. Say, if the HG/SS RNG runs at the same rate as the DPPt one, then could'nt I just try to use a date when that seed would appear on the 606 delay. That would make it a lot easier than using emloop.Especially since I will transfer my save to computer to use Kazo's software to find my frame. My final question, if I do it on a emulator, and then transfer my save back to my cartridge would it still be legitimate? I don't want to go to VGC 2010 just to be told I can't use my Pokemon.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My final questions. I said before my delay was 490. But I was getting 606 in Platinum. I would reset 14 seconds before the minute, and I would get my delay. Say, if the HG/SS RNG runs at the same rate as the DPPt one, then could'nt I just try to use a date when that seed would appear on the 606 delay.
It runs at the same rate, but the "Press Start" text appears earlier in HGSS. That's why the delays are a little shorter.

Especially since I will transfer my save to computer to use Kazo's software to find my frame. My final question, if I do it on a emulator, and then transfer my save back to my cartridge would it still be legitimate? I don't want to go to VGC 2010 just to be told I can't use my Pokemon.
Your Pokemon will still be legitimate, by VGC standards. However, if you're using an AR to transfer saves from an actual cartridge, I would be wary. If you're just using a flashcart and then trading the Pokemon over to a fresh cartridge, then it would be okay. (Clarification: Don't use the cartridge you used with the AR in the VGC.)

Above Route 206 is the Cycling Road, do the NPC's that move on it affect the frame? I know there not on the same route but there visable on the screen.....

******Edit: Never mind, see below.

I've done the shiny egg thing several times before, but this is the first time I tried to use the DPPt Shiny Egg tab in RNG Reporter. I SRed until I hit my seconds and delay, did the ten coin flips to verify my seed, then I did the additional coin flips and happiness taps that it said, but when I hatched the egg it wasn't what I was expecting. It was only two taps and two more flips, so I know I didn't miscount. What else could I have done wrong? I had six pokemon in my party when I was flipping and tapping. The other way you start with five and then catch one to check the seed, so that should be right, eh? What am I missing?

Hiya!
I am planning on RNGing for a Shiny Ralts, male, but I am not sure how to tell what the gender will be. Like I know which nature I am getting, and which ability, but how do I tell the gender?

******Edit: Never mind, see below.

I've done the shiny egg thing several times before, but this is the first time I tried to use the DPPt Shiny Egg tab in RNG Reporter. I SRed until I hit my seconds and delay, did the ten coin flips to verify my seed, then I did the additional coin flips and happiness taps that it said, but when I hatched the egg it wasn't what I was expecting. It was only two taps and two more flips, so I know I didn't miscount. What else could I have done wrong? I had six pokemon in my party when I was flipping and tapping. The other way you start with five and then catch one to check the seed, so that should be right, eh? What am I missing?
Okay, I tried it again, and not only did I still not get what I was expecting, I didn't even get the same thing as last time, which I totally don't understand. I was 38 frames later than I should have been. The only thing I can think of is that I was doing my taps/flips inside the daycare. Should that matter? This is in Platinum, btw.

Straight from the guide that you should be using to do this:

Ability

Pokémon may have two possible abilities, one of which is often preferred. The "Ability" option is used to allow you to filter results based on the ability. As RNG Reporter does not know the Pokémon you are capturing, it simply requests the ability as "0", "1", or "Any". When the "Any" option is selected, all results will be returned, regardless of ability. When either "0" or "1" are selected only results with that particular ability will be returned. To convert these numbers to an actual ability, click the "Dex / IV Check" button in RNG Reporter and select the Pokémon you are capturing. Additionally, there is an online listing for Pokemon with multiple abilities in X-Act's article on PID Creation. Legendary Pokémon will only have one ability, so the default option or "Any" should be left selected.
Hiya!
I am planning on RNGing for a Shiny Ralts, male, but I am not sure how to tell what the gender will be. Like I know which nature I am getting, and which ability, but how do I tell the gender?
The answer to the ability question is right above :)

And for gender's, Pokemon have different gender ratios so heres an example
Togekiss
And heres its Percentages
87.5 Male
12.5 F
Example Seed from RNG Reporter
50% 12.5% 25% 75%
F M F F
So the Togekiss would be male ok?
EDIT: To check Gender Ratios i would use Bulbapedia but im pretty sure theres a Thread on it here somewhere....

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I tried it again, and not only did I still not get what I was expecting, I didn't even get the same thing as last time, which I totally don't understand. I was 38 frames later than I should have been. The only thing I can think of is that I was doing my taps/flips inside the daycare. Should that matter? This is in Platinum, btw.
What seed is the egg on? What is the frame you are aiming for?

Also, what is the delay\date\time of that seed?

The answer to the ability question is right above :)

And for gender's pokemon have different gender ratios so heres an example
Togekiss
And heres its Percentages
87.5 Male
12.5 F
Example Seed from RNG Reporter
50% 12.5% 25% 75%
F M F F
So the Togekiss would be male ok?
EDIT: To check Gender Ratios i would use Bulbapedia but im pretty sure theres a Thread on it here....
Oh...I think I get it. But what if the Pokemon had 50% chance of both? How would you know the gender then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)