The NU Throwdown Round 4 - Semi-Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
The NU Throwdown!

Semi-Finals
*Approved by Jimbo*

The deadline for Round 4 is Sunday, January 2nd at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8)

RULES

Single Elimination

HG/SS moves are allowed

Team changes are allowed between rounds

No Hacks
- Not even legit hacks. The point of wifi tourneys is to encourage trading in the wifi forum!

Sleep Clause - You may only put one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time. If your opponent used Rest or if Effect Spore causes sleep, that does not count.

Species Clause - No 2+ of the same Pokemon per team. Example: 2 Medichams are on your team.

Hax Items Clause - The items Bright Powder, Focus Band, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Razor Claw are banned.

Evasion Clause - The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.

OHKO Clause
- The moves Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Fissure are banned.

Self KO Clause
- You cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond if you are down to your last Pokemon.

Prizes

• The winner will get redistribution rights to any 3 pokemon for which I am the OT from my thread.

• September has donated any 3 pokemon from this post.

• Age of Kings has donated any 3 pokemon from this post.

• The Lost One has donated the following:
Victreebel
♂ Lonely - Chlorophyll
28/30/30/31/
15/31 HP ICE 69
Hatched on Route 34
UT HGSS Egg Move: Weather Ball
!

Shiny Victreebel
♂ Lonely - Chlorophyll
31/30/31/30/31/30 Fire 70
Hatched on Floaroma Meadow.
Egg Moves: Worry Seed.

Tier Lists

We will be using the October NU and NFE Tiers from the Smogon Strategy Dex. The new usage stats came out and UU shifted a bit, so just in case anything changes on the site, here is a list of the pokemon allowed:

Code:
 [B][U]NU Tier[/U][/B]

Ampharos
  Arbok
  Ariados
  Armaldo
  Articuno
  Bannette
  Bastiodon
  Beautifly
  Beedrill
  Bellossom
  Bibarel
  Butterfree
  Cacturne
  Camerupt
  Carnivine
  Castform
  Charizard
  Chatot
  Cherrim
  Chimecho
  Clamperl
  Cloyster
  Corsola
  Cradily
  Crawdaunt
  Delcatty
  Delibird
  Dewgong
  Ditto
  Dodrio
  Dunsparce
  Dustox
  Entei
  Exeggutor
  Exploud
  Farfetch’d
  Fearow
  Flareon
  Floatzel
  Furret
  Gastrodon
  Girafarig
  Glaceon
  Glalie
  Golduck
  Golem
  Gorebyss
  Granbull
  Grumpig
  Hitmonchan
  Huntail
  Hypno
  Illumise
  Jumpluff
  Jynx
  Kangaskhan
  Kecleon
  Kingler
  Kricketune
  Lapras
  Leafeon
  Ledian
  Lickilicky
  Linoone
  Lopunny
  Lumineon
  Lunatone
  Luvdisc
  Luxray
  Magcargo
  Magmortar
  Manectric
  Mantine
  Marowak
  Masquerain
  Mawile
  Medicham
  Meganium
  Mightyena
  Minum
  Mothim
  Mr. Mime
  Muk
  Nidoqueen
  Ninetales
  Noctowl
  Octillery
  Pachirisu
  Parasect
  Pelipper
  Persian
  Phione
  Pidgeot
  Pikachu
  Pinsir
  Plusle
  Politoed
  Poliwrath
  Porygon2
  Primeape
  Probopass
  Purugly
  Quagsire
  Quilfish
  Raichu
  Rampardos
  Rapidash
  Raticate
  Regice
  Regigigas
  Relicanth
  Sableye
  Sandslash
  Seaking
  Seviper
  Sharpedo
  Shedinja
  Shiftry
  Shuckle
  Skuntank
  Slaking
  Slowking
  Solrock
  Spinda
  Stantler
  Sudowoodo
  Sunflora
  Swalot
  Tauros
  Torkoal
  Trapinch
  Tropius
  Unown
  Ursaring
  Venomoth
  Vespiqueen
  Victreebel
  Vigoroth
  Vileplume
  Volbeat
  Wailord
  Walrein
  Whiscash
  Wigglytuff
  Wormadam
  Wormadam-G
  Wormadam-S
  Xatu
  Zangoose
Not Fully Evolved pokemon are also allowed, so here is a link to the NFE pokedex:

The NFE Tier

*Please note that the following NFE Pokemon are in UU and therefore banned:

• Magneton
  • Chansey
  • Scyther

The Matchups

September vs for54years
Bojan vs negator

Get in contact with your opponent as soon as possible and get those matches done!

ok, seems I can connect to wi-fi again, so I can be up for it, just sent you a pm

Edit:
TO SUPE

We menaged to start up our match, but sadly we got D/Ced, we appurated that it wasn't nobody's fault, but, sadly, we couldn't start the match again with same move, because we had already had some little stall wars, which can't now change, also, we came down to see at least 3 (and 4) pkm of each other team, knowing almost full set of them as well, thus, we decided that a re match with said team isn't possible.

Clayming a winner from those information isn't possible either:
he lost two pkm,
I lost one and one was greatly weakned,
he had rocks up, but it's rocker was gone,
I still had my spinner hidden, and plenty of wish pass to heal up the weakned pkm if I predicted right;

He was way more aggressive than me though, but both of us still had 2 hidden pkm.

I suggested to play again with different teams, but now another problem raises:
I've back up teams, but Bojan doesn't, so, I'll wait for YOUR decision about what to do! (other match with other teams, coin flip, or what ever).

Supe

ok, seems I can connect to wi-fi again, so I can be up for it, just sent you a pm

Edit:
TO SUPE

We menaged to start up our match, but sadly we got D/Ced, we appurated that it wasn't nobody's fault, but, sadly, we couldn't start the match again with same move, because we had already had some little stall wars, which can't now change, also, we came down to see at least 3 (and 4) pkm of each other team, knowing almost full set of them as well, thus, we decided that a re match with said team isn't possible.

Clayming a winner from those information isn't possible either:
he lost two pkm,
I lost one and one was greatly weakned,
he had rocks up, but it's rocker was gone,
I still had my spinner hidden, and plenty of wish pass to heal up the weakned pkm if I predicted right;

He was way more aggressive than me though, but both of us still had 2 hidden pkm.

I suggested to play again with different teams, but now another problem raises:
I've back up teams, but Bojan doesn't, so, I'll wait for YOUR decision about what to do! (other match with other teams, coin flip, or what ever).
Hm, seeing as how it is only the first day of the round, I think you guys should try it again with different teams. I'm sure Bojan can put together something within the week. Let me know what you guys think.

What about a best of three with the original teams? I think making both sides use a team they may not be entirely familiar with a bit harsh on both players.

Supe

I would agree, but we need his opinion, he may have trouble getting the pkm in time maybe.
Yea, I sent him a PM. Let's see what he says.

What about a best of three with the original teams? I think making both sides use a team they may not be entirely familiar with a bit harsh on both players.
A whole week to build a team isn't that harsh imo. Either way, best 2 of 3 might work. Lets just wait to see what Bojan thinks.

the last option is silly for me...
splitting a stall team in half or even less isn't going to work any time soon...

Supe

What? Splitting the team? He meant to have 3 battles. The first to win 2 battles advances.

If push comes to shove, and Bojan cannot collect the pokemon for a new team, there's always shoddy as a last resort.

EDIT: I can't believe you guys are using stall over wifi! if it works it works tho! =P

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If push comes to shove, and Bojan cannot collect the pokemon for a new team, there's always shoddy as a last resort.
If you're going to be such a stickler for the rules to DQ Lexite, you should DQ him for not being able to battle as well.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're going to be such a stickler for the rules to DQ Lexite, you should DQ him for not being able to battle as well.
Well Bojan is being forced to play under new circumstances. He came in with a specific team and may not have that many other pokemon, yet they are saying he must now make a new team to play Negator.

Syberia

[custom user title]
And Lexite had the specific circumstance of being stranded at her parents without internet, a fact she made her opponent aware of by PM at the beginning of the round. It just seems extremely hypocritical when you say "it's the forum rules" in order to DQ someone, then make all sorts of exceptions for someone else. I mean, it's fucking Christmas for christ's sake, you can reasonably expect people to be out of town.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And Lexite had the specific circumstance of being stranded at her parents without internet, a fact she made her opponent aware of by PM at the beginning of the round. It just seems extremely hypocritical when you say "it's the forum rules" in order to DQ someone, then make all sorts of exceptions for someone else. I mean, it's fucking Christmas for christ's sake, you can reasonably expect people to be out of town.
Well, not trying to be biased in saying this, Lexite shouldn't have entered the tournament then, this was mentioned on the sign up thread:

Please keep in mind that the holidays are coming up, so please do not enter if you will be unavailable halfway through the tourney.

Syberia

[custom user title]
And if Supe was going to be that needlessly strict with the rules, perhaps he should not have started a tournament that goes straight through Christmas.

Supe

It's the first day of the round and I am in contact with both of them via PM. They still have all week. Also, they are both present, have both posted to acknowledge the start of the round, and are both capable of getting it done.

And if Supe was going to be that needlessly strict with the rules, perhaps he should not have started a tournament that goes straight through Christmas.
Perhaps, I shouldn't have. But I did. And it was approved by a tourney mod. Aaaaand I addressed the fact that it would go through the holidays before it even started.

Like I'm telling Lexite on IRC:

• Last round, Lexite posted for the first time 6 hours prior to end of deadline.
  • Lexite did not post or make it clear (to me or anyone looking through the thread) that she would be away all week. She knew she'd be gone but did not say anything ahead of time.
  • I mentioned in sign-ups that being away for the holidays was not going to fly as an excuse.
  • Bojan posted several times in the thread with updates on his PMs with Lexite.
  • Lexite did send Bojan a PM saying she would be available on Saturday, but she did not come online that day.
  • She sent him another PM saying Sunday, but Bojan did not confirm.
  • By the time Lexite got home on Sunday night, it was midnight in Bojan's time zone. Although she was ready to go at 6pm PST, before the end of deadline, it's unreasonable to expect Bojan to stay up past midnight on the last day of the round after he has been ready and waiting all week.
From what I can see Bojan was the more available and active player throughout the round, so he gets to advance.

On a more personal note:

I consider you and Lexite to be some of the best friends I've made on this forum. I have to be objective about it though, and I'm sorry but I can't let our friendship affect the way I'm gonna run the tourney. Bottom line is that if SHE had specific time constraints, then SHE needed to communicate them ahead of time so that we could have made adjustments. It doesn't matter where she was at, showing up at the 11th hour just to say "I'm here" doesn't justify a 6 day absence.

GG Negator ;)

If only I had used the Trick Room that made me win the rematch XD...
Well, losing in the semifinal in my first tournament here is a good result for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)