Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've already released Entei and Raikou in HG, does that mean that I can't rng for them anymore? If not, then how do I?
You can, I'm doing it right now =D You need to kill them both, then defeat Lance of the E4 on your desired seed/frame for them to be rereleased with your Nature and IV, not the easiest thing to do but manageable

I'm not entirely sure on that. What I'm doing is sweet scenting in Victory Road to verify my seed, then when I have it I rush up to the guy that lets you into the E4, there is one NPC in there who can stuff you up so you can't stuff around, then defeated all 5 of them and encountered Raikou on my restart to find out which frame I landed on. Which means I don't know when he was created, but I know what I personally have to do to adjust for the correct frame.

I fell 24 frames short which means I got lucky, next time I hit my seed I know I can just run 4x128 steps in Lances room with 6 party pokemon. Hope this helps.

Good evening comrades, I was wondering why i keep encountering this problem everytime i run RNGreporter:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2gx21k3.jpg

I already installed .NET framework before i extracted the program, so i was wondering what could be the problem, thanks for those who can provide the answer.

One method that wasn't mentioned above that DOES work 100% of the time is walking 128 steps with X pokes in your party THAT DOES advance consistently 100% of the time. The trick then is to learn to hit high delays so you can have the spread you want on like frame 4 or whatever. :P
Cool!
Walking in area with Wild pokes or walking in any area?
+
X pokes in team, meaning if I have 5 pokes in team, walking 128 will advance by 5?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cool!
Walking in area with Wild pokes or walking in any area?
+
X pokes in team, meaning if I have 5 pokes in team, walking 128 will advance by 5?
In any area and yes if you walk 128 steps with 5 pokes the frames will advance by 5 but just don't do it in the grass or you'll advance the frames by 1 with each step or turn

that helped a lot, its just that i thought battling advanced the rng, nm then.
i want to tell you to manipulate only one of the dogs and catch the other one (or leave it out, just not defeat it) because if you defeat both and try to manipulate one of them the frame will be crazy! i manipulated raikou 2 days ago but i had to restart all because the frames were very strange; so i caught entei and tried again, and the frame was regular

may someone possibly help me understand the difference with RNGing an emulator? i have the intrest in RNGing in heartgold and just wanna hear something on rnging with an emulator or what emulator i should use

Ok I'm a little confused right now, I'm trying to get a Raikou on seed (600103DE) and his frame number is 1708. I can consistantly hit my seed and sweet scent up to Raikous frame of 1563.

I have 5 in my party and this time did 140 steps/turns on grass where there are no NPCs present, and with repel in effect.
So what I should have is 1563 + 140 = 1703.
Then when you take into account I purposely walked 128 steps and did 12 turns.
That will give me the remaining 5 + 1703 = 1708 my target.

Math being done I just did all this and ended up with Raikou on frame 1858, exactly 150 frames too high. I have no idea how the frames acumulated or even why.

I was hoping someone here can give me some explanation, otherwise my next effort will have to be to walk 3712 steps (145 frames / 5 pokes * 128 steps) inside Lances chamber to see if thats more effective.

Edit: Yes I know I can get the same spread on a seed with lower frames but I purposely chose this one for its delay being below 1000 and RNG Reporters Seed by Stats function still works

Ok I'm a little confused right now, I'm trying to get a Raikou on seed (600103DE) and his frame number is 1708. I can consistantly hit my seed and sweet scent up to Raikous frame of 1563.

I have 5 in my party and this time did 140 steps/turns on where there are no NPCs present, and with repel in effect.

Math being done I just did all this and ended up with Raikou on frame 1858, exactly 150 frames too high. I have no idea how the frames acumulated or even why.

I was hoping someone here can give me some explanation, otherwise my next effort will have to be to walk 3712 steps (145 frames / 5 pokes * 128 steps) inside Lances chamber to see if thats more effective.

Edit: Yes I know I can get the same spread on a seed with lower frames but I purposely chose this one for its delay being below 1000 and RNG Reporters Seed by Stats function still works
if you aren't using an emulator but just your ds, you shouldn't have problems to walk 3712 steps! i suggest you to count how many steps only once when you turn around the room, and then just follow the same way...

if you aren't using an emulator but just your ds, you shouldn't have problems to walk 3712 steps! i suggest you to count how many steps only once when you turn around the room, and then just follow the same way...
I am very aware of that <_<

Its not what I was asking advice on

I have 5 in my party and this time did 140 steps/turns on grass where there are no NPCs present, and with repel in effect.
128 + 12 = 140

Alright, that was a misunderstanding on my part; thanks for clarifying that up.

Now, from the previous page I'm getting a better picture of what you mean by "sweet scenting it up"; however, I think it's this method that is the problem for this case.

You have to hit the appropriate seed+frame for Raikou before you release it into the wild; from what I'm reading it seems like you've released Raikou and then try to hit its frame, which isn't going to work at all, since its IVs and Nature is already set.

If you don't know what your talking about please refrain from posting. I use sweet scent as a method to jump large numbers of frames at a time as well as verify my seed considering there is no journal etc. I am abusing the frame that Raikou is released into the wild when you defeat the E4. Now if you can't answer the question I have asked, don't post, someone who can actually help will hopefully see this and give me something useful to work with.

I use sweet scent as a method to jump large numbers of frames at a time as well as verify my seed considering there is no journal etc. I am abusing the frame that Raikou is released into the wild when you defeat the E4.
There are only two methods to abuse Raikou in HGSS:

1. You have to hit the seed+frame before encountering it in the ruins.
2. You have to hit the seed+frame before immediately defeating Lance.

Am I missing something here?

There are only two methods to abuse Raikou in HGSS:

1. You have to hit the seed+frame before encountering it in the ruins.
2. You have to hit the seed+frame before immediately defeating Lance.

Am I missing something here?
Your seed is decided the second the game starts, how the hell am I going to change my seed when I defeat him?! And the frame is exactly what I am trying to do, I have had 150 frames appear and I don't know why. I ask a genuine question and your here treating me like an idiot.

Your seed is decided the second the game starts, how the hell am I going to change my seed when I defeat him?! And the frame is exactly what I am trying to do, I have had 150 frames appear and I don't know why. I ask a genuine question and your here treating me like an idiot.
I don't mean to offend, but this post can help elucidate things.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2229539&highlight=raikou#post2229539

Ok, found out how to abuse of raikou (or any roamer) after the pokemon league. Obviously, you need to faint it before you even start fighting the E4.
I've tested many times and its starting frame is always 1, when I got 5 it was because of the 128 steps thing.
In-fact the only way to advance the frame for these kind of pokemon is to walk for 128 steps (I did this in front of the champion).
First, I saved just before entering the room with the first trainer with 5 pokemon in my team.
I did a save state as soon as I entered the world, so I could verify my seed by catching a pokemon in the Victory road.
When I hit my seed I loaded the save state and defeated the 4 trainers, then I did a save state in front of Lance.
I fighted him and won, I went to catch raikou and its frame was 6 (that's because by the time I got to him, I already walked for 128 steps).
Finally, I loaded the save state, I walked for 8x128 steps (since my target frame was 46).
I defeated Lance again and I got my shiny raikou.

I guess HG/SS RNG is almost impossible to abuse without save states, I hope we can make everything easier.

EDIT:The radio and the phone don't work in these rooms.
Also, to be clear, the roamers are respawned after you beat the champion and see the credits at the end.
Raikou is an exception to the rule it seems.

You can advance your frame for any roamer BEFORE you enter the Pokemon League, I assume what he is getting at is, if you save in the champions room your only method is to walk 128 steps. I've done it before, as have others, mattj for example. Its the source of the 150 frames that is what I'm wondering about, not how to release him, not how to advance my frames.

So basically you

1. Hit the right seed.
2. Used Sweet Scent to get to frame 1563.
3. Walked 128 steps and 12 turns (in grass with Repel on) to get to frame 1708.
4. Defeated Lance, caught Raikou, found his frame is 1858.

Correct?

How can you play on emulator and then pass the game to your cartridge again? I wanted to start on Emerald RNG but those times I get for decent spreads are ridiculous.

locoghoul, you'll need to buy a flash cart in order to transfer your data, but I don't think this sort of topic belongs in this thread.

You can advance your frame for any roamer BEFORE you enter the Pokemon League, I assume what he is getting at is, if you save in the champions room your only method is to walk 128 steps. I've done it before, as have others, mattj for example. Its the source of the 150 frames that is what I'm wondering about, not how to release him, not how to advance my frames.
You can also advance the frame by talking to your pokemon. If your doing this on DeSmuMe it is a lot easier because you can save state and check your frame. You should try to do it in Lance's room, preferably on an emulator as this may be the only way to consistenly hit the right frame, by talking to your pokemon and walking. Most other methods lead to inconsistencies in frame advancement.

I'm highly confused on how delays and seconds on RNG are generated, I used RNG for a Heatran once and it worked perfectly because I received a consistent delay and second. Ever since then when aiming for a different set Heatran I'm getting no where close to my original delay. Now they are all over the place ranging from 14 - 17 seconds, 590 - 604 delay, even though when looking at my external clock I'm hitting around the same seconds. I received 594 delay twice and I can never hit it again, is there a sort of trick to hitting what ever delay you want?

I probably asked this question before sorry if its getting annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)