Weezing (Gen 4, OU Analysis)*

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/weezing

[Overview]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly, it can stop a lot of physical sweepers in the OU tier. The only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. While the abundance of special attackers like Latias and Starmie does somewhat reduce Weezing's usefulness, its ability to cripple common physical threats like Tyranitar and Scizor is wonderful. Overall, don't let Weezing's negative traits get you down, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[SET]
name: OU Wall
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Explosion
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical attackers; while its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check some huge threats like Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack: Psychic. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits, allowing it to stay alive for much longer. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to cripple the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOes with Flamethrower. For instance, you are unable to 2HKO Agility Metagross with Flamethrower, while you will always 2HKO with Fire Blast, even without Stealth Rock. The same holds true for Choice Scarf Jirachi: you cannot 2HKO it with Flamethrower, while with Fire Blast you will always 2HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados, who Weezing counters extremely well. Pain Split allows Weezing has to have some form of recovery, albeit a slightly unreliable one. There are several options in the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers. Taunt can be used in the final slot for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to do some heavy damage, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage with Fire Blast. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Any Pokemon who can sponge special attacks well makes a great partner for Weezing. Weezing's Defense may be great, but its Special Defense is sorely lacking. Latias and Blissey make good partners as they both have enormous Special Defense stats and can easily switch in on many common special attacks that are directed at Weezing. Having a Pokemon to take on Heatran can be a good idea as well, as Heatran can completely wall Weezing with ease, and even get a free Flash Fire boost off of its Fire-type attacks. Bulky Water-types like Vaporeon and Suicune can take on Heatran quite easily; Vaporeon gets a special mention as it can use Wish to potentially heal Weezing.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful special attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias' Draco Meteor will OHKO it. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as they can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set-up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of any Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, or other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited by a Pursuit weakness, and as such, is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers, such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most physical set-up sweepers in the tier with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but thanks to Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost, and from there can OHKO Weezing with Fire Blast. Substitute variants of Heatran can set up on Weezing easily, as Weezing can do little to harm Heatran in the meantime with its attacks. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon, as a teammate can take the attack much more easily than Weezing. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk, they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>

Posting to inquire about Choice Specs Weezing. I made a topic about it well over a year ago. Weezing absolutely has the movepool to make use of a Choice Specs Set so I'm not sure why it was deleted :(.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Okay thank you RL, I'll test Specs Weezing and see how it does. the main thing that bothers me is lack of good STAB (unfortunately sludge bomb in OU is pretty shitty), but yeah it does have quite a movepool.

Sludge Bomb has a bad rap. Anything that can switch into Sludge Bomb really can't switch into a Fire Move with a few exceptions. Sludge Bomb / Fire Blast / Hidden Power Ground is good coverage and Weezing has the stats to make decent use of it.

Hmm, I think you are missing an important point. You should mention why you should use Weezing instead of another physical wall, such as Rotom-A, Dusknoir, Celebi, or Skarmory; most notably Rotom-A and Dusknoir, as these two Pokemon play an identical role to that of Weezing. I mean, Rotom-A has an excellent typing, movepool, and stats that make it a great counter to many physically-based threats. Dusknoir is also another great physical wall and has enormous defense on both sides of the spectrum, but suffers from a low HP stat like Weezing. So basically, why would I use Weezing instead of Rotom-A or Dusknoir? What key qualities does Weezing boast that the aforementioned walls don't?

These are something you should consider adding, because I'd rather not use Weezing when I have something else that looks better on paper, but maybe not better when it's used.

I agree. To be honest, Weezing is definately viable in OU, but the question really is WHY would you use it. Its just so outclassed by Rotom its not even funny. I guess the main reason is that it can at least handle Lucario and fighters slightly better, but it cant even retaliate against Machamp worth of shit so I dont kno :(

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, Weezing does have a small advantage with being able to use Haze, Explosion and Taunt. Those are all worth the mention over Rotom-A aren't they ?

Edit-
Actually, A +2 Adamant Lucario with Crunch can OHKO even a bold 252 HP / 252 Def Rotom-A, while weezing only takes around 50% max. Weezing can also deal with Tyranitar which can destroy Rotom with a CB Crunch, I guess the advantage of not having a Pursuit weakness helps in a way too, although most users of the move are probably weary of Fire Blast anyway.

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Sludge Bomb
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Hidden Power Ground
move 4: Explosion / Thunderbolt
item: Choice Specs
nature: Rash / Modest
evs: 120 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe

I would test this out Snorlaxe. This was my original build (though before I neglected Speed EVs). 88 Speed puts you in the league with Skarmory and the pokemon around that, so mention how the user can shift EVs over from Defense to Speed for more insurance. But definately test this out. Sludge Bomb / Fire Blast / Hidden Power Ground is only laughed at by Swampert really in OU (who at least can be hit by HP Ground neutral and do little in return). Explosion is keeper, Thunderbolt is good for extra bulky water types tho, and Weezings typing makes him a good check to Lucario still, and he can still stand up to Gyarados in a pinch. Just to let you know, this Weezing here is packing 301 HP / 216 Atk / 288 Def / 441 SpA / 178 Spe, which is no laughing matter.

EDIT: I will post some logs very soon.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
wow...thank you for all of the replies guys! I'll take into consideration all of your suggestions. I hope to be finished with Opinion, Other Options, and Counters today. :]

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Sorry that its taken a little longer than I had expected, but I have finished writing the analysis. After extensively testing Choice Specs Weezing I have decided that it simply isn't good enough in OU. I will make a mention of it in OO, however.

Can someone please check this for grammar? That would be GREAT! :)

Changes and comments in bold, removals in red, question marks show my noobishness...take what is needed from this.

[SET]
move 3: Pain Split / Will-O-Wisp
("Weezing needs some form of recovery on it")
[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great choice in the OU tier for checking dangerous threats such as Lucario and Gyarados, as well as physical attackers in general. Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical sweepers and physical attackers; while its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check dangerous threats such as Lucario and Gyarados. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack, Psychic-type attacks. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits (significance?). Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

<p>This set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason; Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOs with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO (poor examples I think, Bronzong can just set up and Metagross isn't particularly threatening to Weezing?) . Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados whom Weezing counters very well. Weezing is a very good counter to the ever-dangerous Dragon Dance Gyarados thanks to its access to Thunderbolt and its impressive physical bulk. Pain Split is Weezing's only form of recovery. Even if it is rather unreliable, Weezing will be KOed quickly without it.</p>

<p> There are several options for the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, however, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers that switch in on it. Taunt can be used in the final slot, but while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to have more of a lasting effect on the game, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss (Weezing will already have had a lasting effect, and I don't think people would randomly sac him?). If you use Will-O-Wisp in the third moveslot, then you will generally want to run Pain Split in the fourth moveslot on your Weezing. Weezing needs some form of recovery on it, or it will be KOed too quickly to be of much use.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. (seems out of place in the analysis?) 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage (again, Metagross can't do much to Weezing anyway?). Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well. Base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is no impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its boosted Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost; with a boost, it will spell trouble for your team.(redundant?) Latias's Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery.(and Weezing can take on Physical attackers) On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing. (should Weezing even be on an offensive team?) Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful specially based attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias's Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO (that's about the most powerful no setup Special attack in OU?). On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants gets a special mention as it can be an extremely fearsome sweeper without Scizor to worry about. Other set up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.(this should be moved to analysis?)</p>
(I think this needs to mention more partners specifically?)

[Other Options]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most set-up sweepers in the tier as it is with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but thanks to Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB. (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>
(lump together poor options due to speed?)
[Opinion]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly it can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. Don't let these negative traits get you down, however, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[Counters]

Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost, and from there can OHKO Weezing with Fire Blast. Substitute variants of Heatran can set up on Weezing especially easily, as Weezing can do little to harm Heatran in the meantime with its attacks. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon, as a teammate can take the attack much more easily than Weezing. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>
(seems short?)

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great choice in the OU tier for checking dangerous threats such as Lucario and Gyarados, as well as many physical attackers in general. Weezing is an ideal Pokemon for a team that struggles with physical sweepers and physical attackers. Even though its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack, Psychic-type attacks. However, psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

<p>The set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason.Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power. Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOes with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados. Weezing is a very good counter to the ever-dangerous Dragon Dance Gyarados thanks to its access to Thunderbolt and its impressive physical bulk. Pain Split is a good choice in the final slot so that Weezing will have some form of recovery, even if it is rather unreliable.On the other hand, Will-O-Wisp is another good choice, however, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers that switch in on it. Taunt can be used in the final slot, and while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to have more of a lasting effect on the game, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss. If you use Will-O-Wisp in the third moveslot, then you will generally want to run Pain Split in the fourth moveslot on your Weezing. Weezing needs some form of recovery on it, or it will be KOed to quickly to be of much use.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible.If desired, 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.(Consider omitting or rephrasing. This sentence is contradicting itself, by saying use it to beat trick users and then saying they could use it against you. Just a small nitpick on my part)</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well.A base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is no impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks to be aimed in his direction. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its boosted Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost; with a boost, it will spell trouble for your team(Unnecessary, consider omitting.). Latias's Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery. On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing. Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful specially based attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias's Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats.Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum.(Very redundant to the last few sentences above the team options section. Consider putting in a different special absorber or just omit. You could also discuss other viable light screen supporters except for Latias.) Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them of crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as it can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of Steel-type Pokemon with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most set-up sweepers in the tier as it is with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but thanks to Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezingn thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Opinion]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. However, don't let these negative traits get you down, however, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[Counters]

Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost, and from there can OHKO Weezing with Fire Blast. Substitute variants of Heatran can set up on Weezing especially easily, as Weezing can do little to harm Heatran in the meantime with its attacks. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon, as a teammate can take the attack much more easily than Weezing. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>
The ", however," used over and over is not only redundant, but ruins the flow of certain sentences.
Blue = Omit
Bold = Add
Bold italics = Comments

Nice job.

Some notes:
Yeah, a lack of pursuit weakness, is what weezing has over that is the main advantage that weezing has over other walls, such as latias, and rotom-a, along with being a great counter to scizor and gyara.
I fully agree with the part about sludge bomb. Given how steel type oriented the OU metagame is, there is really only one pokemon I can think of that takes super effective from it, celebi, which for that you have fire blast.
Celebi should also recieve a mention, as it is really the only thing in OU that would really use psychic, other than the rare CM jirachi (I personally only really see physical choice scarf varieties)

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Changes in bold, removals in green. comments in (parentheses) and italics.

[SET]
move 4: Pain Split / Taunt / Explosion

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great choice in the OU tier for checking dangerous threats such as Lucario and Gyarados, as well as physical attackers in general. Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical sweepers and physical attackers. While its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is somewhat let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack, Psychic-type attacks. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical bulk.</p>

<p>The set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason: Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing, as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOs (KOes is a verb, but in case it is a noun, so you don't need the "e") with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot (factoring in accuracy?) at 3HKOing the standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados. Weezing is a very good counter to the ever-dangerous Dragon Dance Gyarados thanks to its access to Thunderbolt and its impressive physical bulk. Pain Split is a good choice in the final slot so that Weezing will have some form of recovery, even if it is rather unreliable. Will-O-Wisp is another good choice, however, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers that switch in on it. Taunt can be used in the final slot, and while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to have more of a lasting effect on the game, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the difference between a win or a loss. If you use Will-O-Wisp in the third moveslot, then you will generally want to run Pain Split in the fourth moveslot on your Weezing. Weezing needs some form of recovery on it, or it will be KOed to quickly to be of much use.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO the standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well. Base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is no impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its boosted Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost; with a boost, it will spell trouble for your team. Latias' (assuming you're saying any LO Latias, for plural needs just an apostrophe) Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery. On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing. Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful specially based attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias's Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them of crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as it can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of Steel-type Pokemon with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most set-up sweepers in the tier as it is with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but because of Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can (did you change tenses?) actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Opinion]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. Don't let these negative traits get you down, however, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[Counters]

Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost, and from there, OHKO Weezing with Fire Blast. Substitute variants of Heatran can set up on Weezing especially easily, as Weezing can do little to harm Heatran in the meantime with its attacks. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon, as a teammate can take the attack much more easily than Weezing. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>
Good job.

My direct edits will be in bold red text, and my suggestions/comments will be in regular orange text:

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical sweepers and physical attackers; while its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check some huge threats like Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack, Psychic-type attacks. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits, allowing it to stay alive for much longer. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

<p>This set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason; Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOes with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados, who Weezing counters extremely well. Pain Split is used so that Weezing has a form of recovery, albeit a slightly unreliable one. There are several options in the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers that switch in on it. Taunt can be used in the final slot, and while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to do some heavy damage, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well. Base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is not an impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its boosted Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost. Latias's Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery. Weezing can also take physical hits for Blissey to compensate for her poor Defense stat. On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing(the last part about Latias sounds kind of weird; you essentially state the same thing twice). Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]
(the first part of this paragraph says almost the exact same thing as the paragraph before about Special Defense, so it may be a good idea to remove that part of this paragraph, unless you assume that people are going to skip reading Weezing's big wall-o-text)
<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful specially based attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias's Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as they can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of any Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking (maybe use the word offensive instead? just sounds better imo) type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most set-up sweepers in the tier as it is with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but because of Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Opinion]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. Don't let these negative traits get you down, however, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[Counters]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical attackers [Physical sweepers are physical attackers]; while its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check some huge threats like Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack: Psychic. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits, allowing it to stay alive for much longer. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

<p>This set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason: Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOes with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing the standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados, who Weezing counters extremely well. Pain Split is used so that Weezing has a form of recovery, albeit a slightly unreliable one. There are several options in the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers [They don't need to switch into to you]. Taunt can be used in the final slot, and while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to do some heavy damage, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage [Didn't you say Fire Blast 2HKOes Metagross already?]. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well. Base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is not an impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its own Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost. Latias's Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery. Weezing can also take physical hits for Blissey to compensate for her poor Defense stat. On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing. Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful specially-based attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias' Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP [Base 80 HP is astronomical?]and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place, Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as they can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set-up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of any Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, or other fearsome physical sweeper, Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such, is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a truly terrible attacking type, especially in OU. Memento can be used if you are prepared to sacrifice Weezing for a teammate's benefit; while it will give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers, such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar, but Weezing can easily handle most physical set-up sweepers in the tier with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but thanks to Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Opinion]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly, can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. Don't let these negative traits get you down, however, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost, and from there can OHKO Weezing with Fire Blast. Substitute variants of Heatran can set up on Weezing easily, as Weezing can do little to harm Heatran in the meantime with its attacks. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon, as a teammate can take the attack much more easily than Weezing. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk, they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>
Nice job Snorlaxe. Only thing you should probably do to this is to update it to the new format.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Okay, my bad for not updating this sooner, I had sorta forgotten about it up until this point :[ Buuut I've (finally) updated this to the new format, and will edit in the grammar checks that I neglected to add up until this point. Thanks guys! :]

I would appreciate some more edits on this before it goes on-site, especially because I've finally updated it.

I get the feeling that this is unnecessarily wordy. the first version below is just grammar changes and the second includes conciseness. in fact I’d go so far as to say that I don’t think this should go on site in its current form if only because it’s wordy as hell…

[Overview]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly, it can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. Really, the only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. While the abundance of special attackers like Latias and Starmie does somewhat reduce Weezing's usefulness, its ability to cripple common physical threats like Tyranitar and Scizor is wonderful. Overall, don't let Weezing's negative traits get you down, as Weezing can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in the tier.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is a great Pokemon on a team that struggles with physical attackers; while its fantastic base 120 Defense stat is let down somewhat by its rather poor base 65 HP stat, Weezing is still quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check some huge threats like Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to one type of attack: Psychic. Psychic-type attacks are extremely uncommon in the OU environment, however, so most of the time Weezing will only be taking neutral hits, allowing it to stay alive for much longer. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set is eerily similar to the UU wall set, and for good reason: Weezing fulfills much of the same role in the OU tier as it does in the UU tier. Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOs with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing the standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, Metagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used so that Weezing has a chance against the tier's bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados, who Weezing counters extremely well. Pain Split is used so that Weezing has a form of recovery, albeit a slightly unreliable one. There are several options in the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, as it allows Weezing to easily burn and thereby cripple any physical sweepers. Taunt can be used in the final slot, and while it is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to do some heavy damage, but one should not just randomly sacrifice Weezing, as it can mean the different between a win or a loss.</p>

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. The first step to getting the most out of Weezing is to maximize its HP stat, as base 65 HP is not exactly fantastic. It is generally a good idea to place the remaining EVs into Defense so that Weezing can take as many physical hits as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, however, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is the best choice for the item, and while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it generally isn't a great idea; it then gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against your Pokemon.</p>

<p>Weezing, as physically bulky as it is, cannot take a special hit well. Base 70 Special Defense coupled with base 65 HP is not an impressive mix, and so when using Weezing, be sure to not allow it to take any powerful special attacks. Heatran can cause this set some major problems, as it can easily switch in on a Fire Blast or a Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost and then proceed to wreak havoc on your team with its own Fire Blast. Life Orb Heatran can OHKO Weezing with a Fire Blast even without a Flash Fire boost. Latias's Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor is also always a surefire OHKO, even without Stealth Rock damage. Blissey makes a great teammate for Weezing on a stall team, as she can easily sponge any special attacks directed at it. Blissey can further support Weezing by passing Wishes to it, as Weezing lacks a reliable form of recovery. Weezing can also take physical hits for Blissey to compensate for her poor Defense stat. On a more offensive team, Latias is a good partner, as her large Special Defense stat, nice Speed, and good Special Attack combine to make an ideal partner for Weezing. Light Screen support can turn Weezing into quite a potent mixed wall. Cresselia is a good choice for this, as her high Special Defense stat and large support movepool enable her to take on the Pokemon that Weezing cannot.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful special attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias' Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as they can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set-up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of any Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, or other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited by a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such, is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[Optional Changes]

[Counters]

[Overview]

<p>Weezing is a very bulky Pokemon, and when used properly, it can be a great stop to physical sweepers in the OU tier. The only thing holding Weezing back from being a top-tier defensive Pokemon is its poor Special Defense and rather disappointing HP stat. While the abundance of special attackers like Latias and Starmie reduces Weezing's usefulness, its ability to cripple common physical threats like Tyranitar and Scizor is wonderful. Don't let Weezing's negative traits get you down, as it can distribute burns with Will-O-Wisp and stop just about every physical attacker in OU.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Weezing is quite an impressive physical wall, being able to check threats like Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario. Weezing's Poison-typing coupled with its ability, Levitate, means that it is only weak to Psychic-type attacks, which are extremely uncommon in the OU environment. This means most of the time, Weezing will only be taking neutral hits, allowing it to stay alive for much longer. Weezing can easily switch in on the common Earthquakes in the OU tier and then proceed to pester the opposing team with its disrupting support moves and physical girth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Fire Blast is a must on Weezing as it allows it to break past the many common Steel-type Pokemon found in OU. Flamethrower can also be used in that slot if you are more interested in accuracy over power; Fire Blast is generally the superior option, however, as you miss out on some KOes with Flamethrower. For instance, Fire Blast has a good shot at 3HKOing the standard Bronzong, while Flamethrower can only ever hope for a 4HKO. In additon, for example, max HPMetagross is occasionally 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Flamethrower can only ever score a 3HKO. Thunderbolt is used for bulky Water-type Pokemon, most notably Gyarados. Pain Split gives Weezing a form of recovery (albeit slightly unreliable). There are several options in the last slot. Will-O-Wisp is a good choice, as it allows Weezing to burn and cripple physical sweepers. Taunt is useful for stopping Pokemon like Blissey from giving you problems, but there are generally much better users of the move. Explosion can also be used as well if you're looking for Weezing to do some heavy damage, but it comes at the price of fainting your physical wall.</p>

[the comments about the secondary attacks in the previous paragraph should be taken out and put into a new paragraph under additiona comments. the previous paragraph should be put into set comments, either merged with the current set comments paragraph or as a second one]

<p>The EVs allow Weezing to be as physically bulky as possible. 60 EVs can be taken out of Defense and placed into Special Attack, if you want Weezing to always be able to 2HKO standard 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is the best choice for the item; while Black Sludge can be used to ruin Trick users, it also gives the opponent's Trick users a new weapon to use against Weezing’s teammates.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>While Weezing's Defense stat is great, the same cannot be said about its rather low Special Defense. Any powerful special attacks will do quite a hefty amount of damage to Weezing, and attacks like Choice Specs Latias' Draco Meteor are a plain-and-simple OHKO. On a more stall-oriented team, Blissey makes for a great partner, as she can easily absorb these special attacks thanks to her astronomical HP and Special Defense stats. Light Screen can also be a huge help for Weezing, as with it in place Weezing turns into a decent mixed wall, capable of taking hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Weezing is particularly talented at taking out physical attackers either by KOing them or crippling them with Will-O-Wisp; as such, Pokemon that can take advantage of physical attackers being taken out of the match work well as partners for Weezing. Life Orb Gengar variants get a special mention as they can be extremely fearsome sweepers without Scizor to worry about. Other set-up sweepers like Dragon Dance Salamence enjoy Steel-types being taken out of the match early, and Weezing can easily take care of any Steel-type Pokemon not named Heatran with its powerful Fire Blast. If your team is lacking an answer to Swords Dance Lucario, Dragon Dance Gyarados, or other fearsome physical sweepers, then Weezing is a prime candidate. The main thing that it has going for it over other "countering utility" Pokemon is that it is not weak to Pursuit. Many Pokemon that are designed to take out the aforementioned threats, such as Choice Scarf Rotom-H, are very prone to Pursuit users. Weezing is not limited to a Pursuit weakness, however, and as such, is a very reliable Pokemon to take care of said physical threats.</p>

[the last paragraph of the set comments is ridiculously redundant with the team options section. maybe just mention specific quirks of the physical wall set (in terms of its moves) then structure team options in a way that just assumes the generic pokemon “weezing” and not its set]

[Optional Changes]

<p>Sludge Bomb may be a good STAB move, but Poison is a terrible attacking type in OU. Memento can be used to give a teammate a nice opportunity to set up, but there are much better users of the move, such as Uxie and Jumpluff. The higher Speed stat of these Pokemon allow them to have a much easier time using Memento before the opposing Pokemon KOes them. Haze can be useful in order to stop set-up sweepers but Weezing can easily handle most physical set-up sweepers in the tier with either an attacking move or Will-O-Wisp. Destiny Bond can be useful in some situations, but thanks to Weezing's pitiful speed, there are generally much better users of the move, such as Gengar and Froslass. A Rest + Sleep Talking set could be viable on Weezing, but with only two other moves to work with, Weezing cannot be as diverse and effective as it can with another set. Also, Weezing's low Special Defense means that even with instant recovery in RestTalking, it will die easily to a couple of powerful special attacks. Spite can actually be relatively useful on Weezing as it allows it to stall out Choice item users like Tyranitar and Scizor, but these Pokemon will generally switch out at the sight of Weezing in the first place, fearing a Will-O-Wisp. A Choice Specs set is decent on Weezing thanks to its large special movepool, but the fact that Weezing lacks a reliable form of STAB (Sludge Bomb's coverage is not very good in the OU tier with the prevalence of Steel-type Pokemon) hurts it.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Heatran can easily switch in on Weezing's Fire Blast or Will-O-Wisp to gain a Flash Fire boost. Any powerful special attacker can KO Weezing pretty easily, and Weezing has no business staying in on these Pokemon. RestTalking Pokemon like CroCune and Machamp can use Weezing as setup fodder, as with Rest and Sleep Talk, they can absorb Will-O-Wisp all day.</p>

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Thanks for your comments whistle, I tried hard to concise it, and I think I did a pretty good job (went from 1615 words to 1351 words! :D). Now if nobody has any objections, I really think that this is ready for an upload, and has basically been sitting here since mid-January :/

I made a few fixes. I will upload this as soon as you provide an example or two on what KOs Weezing loses out on by using Flamethrower.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Okay SUPERMOD PHILIP (congrats ;P), I've added the examples. Here they are just so you don't have to search around for them:

For instance, you are unable to 2HKO Agility Metagross with Flamethrower, while you will always 2HKO with Fire Blast, even without Stealth Rock. The same holds true for Choice Scarf Jirachi: you cannot 2HKO it with Flamethrower, while with Fire Blast you will always 2HKO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)