Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I was looking through X-Act's article on PID info, and I was wondering if I was understanding it correctly, or if there was a mistake. The numbers listed as benchmarks for gender determination don't return the correct percentages. Assuming it's right the gender ratios should be 12.1% F, 25% F, 49.6% F, and 74.6% F.

Assuming that the gender ratios are in fact correct the max values for female pokemon should be 31(30 in the article), 63(same as the article), 127(126 in the article), and 191(190 in the article). Has anyone tested these numbers to see if they return male or female? I'm about to do it myself, but if it's already been done then I can save the effort.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was looking through X-Act's article on PID info, and I was wondering if I was understanding it correctly, or if there was a mistake. The numbers listed as benchmarks for gender determination don't return the correct percentages. Assuming it's right the gender ratios should be 12.1% F, 25% F, 49.6% F, and 74.6% F.

Assuming that the gender ratios are in fact correct the max values for female pokemon should be 31(30 in the article), 63(same as the article), 127(126 in the article), and 191(190 in the article). Has anyone tested these numbers to see if they return male or female? I'm about to do it myself, but if it's already been done then I can save the effort.
My first thought is that the article (and actually RNG Reporter, since I used the information directly from the article) are both currently incorrect. I think the numbers should be (same that you came up with):

63 (currently correct)

I went to bulbapedia to double check and it turns out there is a (different) error there, which confused me for a minute. Anyhow, ingame verification would be great, if you can. Once we get that straight, I will update the article on site and release an interim RNG Reporter. Sort of surprised this has not been caught yet with a "hey, I got the wrong gender!" post.

Recently I finally got the hang of Rng, but the only thing I can't get is the shiny pokemon part of it. I followed the directions already with no luck so now im wondering does the Shiny Egg tab in Time Finder work just as well as the other method?

Well despite what I thought the article is right. Only tested 191, so it's not 100%, but this turned up male. Will test the others eventually.

PID: E9BFADBF
Seed: 1C0B026D
Frame: 349
12|10|15|11|9|12

I tried resetting for my second fully flawless WonderCard Pokémon, and with one roamer out, got frame 27 instead of 26 (seed FB100958). I was in the Jubilife Mart, where there is only 1 wandering NPC, and I spoke to the delivery man as quickly as possible (I had the Journal come up automatically and did the flipping then). I did, however, save standing to the left of him, meaning that when I pressed A to talk to him, he turned to his right in order to face me. Did his turning advance the RNG from 26 to 27, or was it just that the lone wandering NPC moved before I initiated the conversation?

I finally got my delay right for a PID abuse and I did my 10 verification flips and am now required 1 tap and 8 flips. That means I do flips first then taps then flip away, yes? Because last time I got to this step it came out wrong...

I finally got my delay right for a PID abuse and I did my 10 verification flips and am now required 1 tap and 8 flips. That means I do flips first then taps then flip away, yes? Because last time I got to this step it came out wrong...
Yea as long as you dont have the Happiness App showing when you continue into the game or flip to it twice and do the correct amount of taps/flips you should get it :)

PID: d44a3b7f
Seed: 1C0B0271
Frame: 163

Lol totally forgot bout that. Yea was the wrong ratio. Correctly tested it by catching this male(still surprised) Gyarados. Disappointing, I was thinking gender was being determined by if( PID Gender < 256*♀% ){ Gender = ♀ }.

Yea as long as you dont have the Happiness App showing when you continue into the game or flip to it twice and do the correct amount of taps/flips you should get it :)
Came out wrong :D Seccond time in a row.
My date and time are set properly and I'm 100% sure I had the right flip pattern + coin flips + taps.
Maybe it's a close delay with the same tap pattern? Unlikely... but possible..
Maybe I have the wrong sid
Or maybe the rng reporter gave me the wrong information being that my computer can't instal .net framework due to administrative locks.
Any suggestions?

Even if you had the wrong SID the pokemon you bred would still have the correct Nature, Ability, and Gender it just wouldn't be shiny. Since it's all wrong you hit a different spread, or you have an international parent AND your SID is wrong.

When you are doing the happiness checker double taps, if you tap the empty space once, but the pokemon don't jump, does that effect the IRNG at all?

Also, does the soot at stark mountain count as "weather"?

If the pokemon do not jump, then the IRNG is not advanced. I'm fairly sure that the game uses each call of the IRNG to generate velocities along the x and y axis resulting in the direction each pokemon moves(thus 2 calls per pokemon).

Idk bout the soot. It's not tough to test though. Go there, hit any seed you can verify with flips, wait a bit, sweet scent, and see if the pokemon came from frame 2(soot isn't weather) or higher(soot is weather).

Or you could just use Sweet Scent. If I remeber correctly, sweet scent won't work in weather like the Sandstorm. But I've got no idea for sure.

Has anybody compiled a list of seeds that produce perfect IV spreads (for captured Pokemon specifically)? The spreadsheets at the bottom of this page have a fairly large list of spreads, but few of them have all 31s. After glancing over the Excel sheets and adding in a couple that I found myself, these are all I've got:

PID 7942EF72, TIMID, ABILITY 0, ALL 31, F/M/M/F
D2140289
ED0B025A
F0070259

PID F9426F72, MODEST, ABILITY 0, ALL 31, F/M/M/F

PID 685011A9, MODEST, ABILITY 1, ALL 31, M/M/M/F
3F0B02AA

PID E85091A9, DOCILE, ABILITY 1, ALL 31, M/M/M/F
BF0B02AA

I want to try and find perfect spreads for other natures. I'm willing to search for more myself, but I don't want to repeat somebody else's work in the event that it's already been done.

I don't think there is a specific list, but the spreads in those spreadsheets include all of the flawless spreads. The JavaRNG tool on the first page of this thread can also pretty quickly search all spreads for specific/range of ivs and will output to a .csv.

I don't think there is a specific list, but the spreads in those spreadsheets include all of the flawless spreads. The JavaRNG tool on the first page of this thread can also pretty quickly search all spreads for specific/range of ivs and will output to a .csv.
Ah, thanks.

So I assume that it's impossible to get absolutely perfect spreads for wild Pokemon of certain natures, and that you'd have to breed in order to guarantee all 31s?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You misunderstand. If you'd ever played on DeSmuMe using Kazo's frame finder program you'd know that frame advancements in areas with wild Pokemon are not consistent. Therefore 140 steps/turns does NOT advance the frame by 140. I thought you would have known that mattj since you claim to have RNG'd in HG/SS. Is it not stated in the HG/SS research thread that turning to or from your Pokemon advances your frame by 2? Not to mention I did that while RNG'ing the dogs and it advance by 2, 3 or even 4.
What is this frame finder program?

So, I've done some pokeradar abuse in the past. I'm gonna try to catch that #@$%T$^ Beldum again and I wanted to know if instead of catching the first poke to confirm my seed (since sandstorm messes up the coin flips) I kill it, how will that affect the frame advancement? From the pokeradar guide if you catch the first poke it says "Target frame - actual frame - 6 - number of steps / 2 = journal flips" Is that 6 from catching a pokemon??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)