Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need to know my starting frame. I have no action replay, so I need an iv battle. Will saving to go to the wifi room mess up my frame?
(egg iv abuse)

Couldn't you guesstimate the IVs based on the characteristic and a few rare candies? With maybe that Battle Frontier guy? It'd probably be enough to work out which frame you're on, anyway.

Well, you see, the thing is, there could be more than 1 IV that has 31 and that's where the IV battles come in.
As far as using the BF (Emerald or Pt), I don't know if it'll work or not.
BUt if you have a 100+ Rare Candies, go ahead and level up to at least 50 (20 may work) and use Metalkid's IV calculator to check out the IV's.

I need to know my starting frame. I have no action replay, so I need an iv battle. Will saving to go to the wifi room mess up my frame?
(egg iv abuse)
Yes it will advance the frame but will it matter? No because you already collected the egg... You shouldnt be saving anyways.... Because then you'll have to get a new egg and save again O_o
You are talking about finding what frame your hitting for Egg IV abuse right?

The "how to hatch a shiny pokemon guid" says that it has to be a 24-hour clock,but the clock on my Ds isn't,is there anyway I can fix this?

what are some good routes to start attempting wild RNG abuse on? i.e. what routes have nothing outside of your conrol that advances the RNG?

EDIT: thanks steveebomb

When I didn't have an AR, I used the Day Care and took the 'mon out every other level, entering the stats as I went. You can usually get an idea of what frame you are on by about lvl 10, if you use Metalkid's Calculator and enter all the stats as you level up. Be careful not to lose any egg moves though!

what are some good routes to start attempting wild RNG abuse on? i.e. what routes have nothing outside of your conrol that advances the RNG?
Theres plenty of places, and even if there are NPC's in the area you can stop some of them with the VS.Seeker so they wont advance the frame :)
Theres Fuego Ironworks, Pokemon League, Old Chateu (lol ghastly only), some parts of Mt.Coronet Caves

EDIT: thanks steveebomb
Adding to what Stevee said, Valley Windworks has no NPCs or trainers you have to battle, so you just have to hit your delay and frame :)

Ok guys sorry for all the questions but this is the last. I'm not able to get my journal to say I had a battle. Any suggestions? (yes I've done a battle, killed it every time, saved afterwards.)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok guys sorry for all the questions but this is the last. I'm not able to get my journal to say I had a battle. Any suggestions? (yes I've done a battle, killed it every time, saved afterwards.)
Just keep trying. Do several battles at a time before saving.

Also, try capturing something. That seems to have a greater chance of success.

Interesting, cause I coulda sworn I remember and did actually breed such a poke w/o using the RNG at random, too. Just grabbed a batch of pokes, hatched, and IV checked.
Thanks.
And yea, I was referring to the breeding aspect of the game, as I had this before.

I have a question about DPPt Breeding for IVs. I am consistently landing on a delay of 593 every time I zone into the game (hurray). I found a spread that I want to do, and the frame of it is two. I want to know how I can advance the RNG the amt of times I want. (2-3/2= -0.5). I can't advance a frame a negative amount, so does the frame I am trying to hit count as landing on frame zero? or it is impossible? Or should I just try and find another frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about DPPt Breeding for IVs. I am consistently landing on a delay of 593 every time I zone into the game (hurray). I found a spread that I want to do, and the frame of it is two. I want to know how I can advance the RNG the amt of times I want. (2-3/2= -0.5). I can't advance a frame a negative amount, so does the frame I am trying to hit count as landing on frame zero? or it is impossible? Or should I just try and find another frame?
when you breed the frame you start on will be different so you'll have to do the frame calibration step explained in the breeding perfect pokemon article in the first page each time you want to do a breed as your starting frame will be different each time you breed. So you may be able to have a frame of 2 as your starting frame or not look at the article it explains it in detail.

when you breed the frame you start on will be different so you'll have to do the frame calibration step explained in the breeding perfect pokemon article in the first page each time you want to do a breed as your starting frame will be different each time you breed. So you may be able to have a frame of 2 as your starting frame or not look at the article it explains it in detail.
Do you mean your save frame (right when you enter the game)? Because I already know that it's 3. And iirc, the # of journal flips you have to do is your target frame minus your start frame divided by two. 2-3/2 is negative one half, which - as far as I know - cannot be achieved with a save frame of 3. Or were you talking about something else?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do you mean your save frame (right when you enter the game)? Because I already know that it's 3. And iirc, the # of journal flips you have to do is your target frame minus your start frame divided by two. 2-3/2 is negative one half, which - as far as I know - cannot be achieved with a save frame of 3. Or were you talking about something else?
no I'm referring to your question sorry I didn't think you'd started yet with your breed, if your starting frame is 3 then it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to get a frame of two so try re-saving to see if you land on a starting frame of two or lower as that is the only way or do a different spread like shananiganeer mentioned.

no I'm referring to your question sorry I didn't think you'd started yet with your breed, if your starting frame is 3 then it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to get a frame of two so try re-saving to see if you land on a starting frame of two or lower as that is the only way or do a different spread like shananiganeer mentioned.
okay in that case Ill just try and use a different spread. thanks

Hey Smogon.
So, for your target time when breeding for IV abuse...
Is that the time you enter the game at, reset your game, or close the journal...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)