Bad Character Mafia - Useless, RB Golbat, and evan win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool Westfields, 22nd Januray, 2010. 1:30 PM. Sunny.
Whilst you are doing the groceries, the lights suddenly go out.

"Hey, what's going on?" squeaks jumpluff.

"I don't know..." you reply.

Veedrock stumbles out from an adjacent shop, note in hand.

"Guys, check your pockets. Did you get a piece of paper?"

Ruffling through your deep pockets (since you wear Levi jeans, woohoo), you indeed pull out a note. What is this? Could this be one of the legendary Mafias that pop up all around the world?

"Ladies and gentlemen!"

A voice travels through the shopping centre, and 22 other people look around to see where it could have came from. You all meet in the food court, and a teenage boy is sitting on a table.

"Welcome to Bad Character Mafia. As Veedrock pointed out earlier, you have all received a note. You will act out these roles until I decide to let you go...or you die."

A light goes on, and the guy standing next to you suddenly speaks up.

"Thorns, you crazy bastard! I've got a dog to feed! Get me out of here!"

"Tsk tsk. Let your twin sisters feed the dog, Coronis. I don't think you quite understand what's going on here, which is surprising, since my records show you've already been in two Mafias." Thorns grins, as the snarl on Coronis' face slowly disappears.

"You with experience should make it out alive. Those of you without experience...good luck."

"OH HELL NO!" yells a man, as he runs up to attack Thorns, who simply turns around and smiles again.

"Level i Flare!"

"FFFFFUUUUUU"

The man, instantly vaporised, did not even get near Thorns. You pick up the note that dropped as he was running up.

Dear reyscarface,
You are Edward, the spoony bard. You are allied with the Appalling Characters.

Man, you suck. Tellah was right when he called you a spoony bard, you're a joke character. The Bard job in Final Fantasy is generally pretty bad, but you are just downright terrible. By PMing Thorns 'Night X - Play for USER', you will play a tune on your harp for that user, and they will run off in sheer terror. During that night, they will be protected from anybody targetting them that night, except for killers, because a true killer never misses his mark. Or something like that.

You win if all threats to the Appalling Characters are eliminated.

"Please! Listen!"
"I am everywhere. Do not fuck with me." says Thorns as he vanishes. Disoriented, you decide to find your allies and make it out alive. You note that the majority of the people are confused, Appalling Characters. Two groups look a bit more organised - the Poorly Designed Characters and the Useless Characters. There also appear to be a small number of Neutrals. Will you fight for survival? Or will you take this chance to kill that person you hate? Or maybe you'll just mess around with others for fun? The choice is yours.

"Actually no, it's mine." Thorns says as he appears, before vanishing again.

The choice is Thorns'.

RULES

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. The night will begin once a majority is reached (a majority is typically 50% of the players + 1), but this is at the discretion of the host

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Thorns.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night/Day X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Thorns stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved. Please note that each user may only hold one item, though some users may hold as many as they like.

8. There is no "Scavenger" ability, and information about items (neither those initially held nor those held upon death) will not be revealed upon a user's death. Stealing abilities are allowed to target a dead user - this is the only way to recover items from a corpse.

9. "Bad Character" can mean any character that sucks cancerous elephant scrotum. Someone like Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, for example, would qualify. Characters may come from anything - TV shows, movies, anime, books, video games, real life, websites, etc.

10. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

11. The role PMs are written in different tones - do not think that because a PM is out of the ordinary, it is fake.

12. There will be a total of 22 players.

Alive, alive, alive, alive - 5
RB Golbat
askaninjask
blue_light
Yeti
UncleSam

People die when they are killed - 17
Mekkah - Useless Characters - Jagen - Hooker - Killed Night 1
Altair - Appalling Characters - Altair - Vigilante - Killed Night 1
moot - Poorly Designed Characters - Stewie Griffin - Lynched Day 2
Nook - Appalling Characters - Stormtrooper - Villager - Killed Night 2
Veedrock - Appalling Characters - Jar Jar Binks - Thief - Killed Night 2
Umbreon Dan - Poorly Designed Characters - Misa Amane - Thief - Lynched Day 3
FinnRagetti - Appalling Characters - Dr. John Watson - Alliance Checker - Killed Night 3
evan - Neutral - Dubulous - Post Restrictor - Won Night 3
jumpluff - Useless Characters - Joshua - Self-guarder - Lynched Day 4
Kannon - Appalling Characters - Piplup - Martyr - Killed Day 4
Igor - Appalling Characters - Lincoln Burrows - Bodyguard - Killed Night 4
THE_IRON_KENYAN - Neutral - Maya Fey - Xenomorph - Lynched Day 5
Fishy - Appalling Characters - Michael Scofield - Bodyguard Enabler - Killed Night 5
KnightoftheWind - Appalling Characters - Neville Flynn - Inspector - Killed Night 5
Da Letter El - Poorly Designed Characters - Macbeth - Bodyguard - Lynched Day 6
Jimbo - Useless Characters - Luvdisc - Silencer - Killed Night 6
Coronis - Poorly Designed Characters - Silencer/Persuader - Killed Night 6

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First mafia game. Predicting a day 1 exit, as none of the more experienced players has anyone better to lynch than the new kid. Yep, I am an optimist. Also, I think Thorns picked a few of the weaker mafia players because it fits that sucky characters would be bad at mafia. Just my theory.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"I have found it is better not to have a goal, so that when you don't reach it you are never disappointed"
Very loosely quoted from a tremendous comedy. Anyone know what it is?

Something to note about the neutral PMs - they are structured like this.
Dear user,
You are x, blah blah blah.

Flavour flavour role role etc etc etc.

You have a neutral alliance. You win if win condition.
they are NOT

Dear user,
You are x, blah blah. You have a neutral alliance.
please take note if you are false claiming neutral and if you are being claimed to by a neutral

All PMs have been sent out. It is now Night 0. Night 0 ends when all PMs are received or at 24th January 2010, 2:30 PM.

Altair

just who is the coon?
I would like all members of the appalling characters to contact me asap! (especially Michael Scofield and anyone with knives as items)

ps I'm still the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)