Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If an NPC takes a Step+Turn does that advance the frame by 2? And if they do take a Step+Turn it wont randomly advance right? (Just like if you take a Step+Turn it doesnt)

Question: I have 254:36 as play time ,I need to change the 254 to hours(0-23),that means I would divide 254 by 24 right?

If you meant change to days, then yes you divide by 24. I'm assuming you want it in the format 10(days):14(hours):36(minutes). Btw I think this question belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Requests.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: I have 254:36 as play time ,I need to change the 254 to hours(0-23),that means I would divide 254 by 24 right?
If you meant change to days, then yes you divide by 24. I'm assuming you want it in the format 10(days):14(hours):36(minutes). Btw I think this question belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Requests.
Or maybe he thinks that your play time is the clock you need for RNGing, like many other people who have come through here.

No, you don't use the play time to RNG. The clock used is based on the DS clock time.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm learning how to get easy shinies with the Shiny Egg finder.

Here's some questions:

- Which Pokètch application do I need to have when I hit my time and right delay pressing A on the continue screen? Happiness checker or coin flips?
- The egg finder says I have to do 19 taps and 8 coin flips. Assuming I have done my first 10 coin flips to check if i hit my correct time/delay, do I have to switch to happiness checker to do 19 taps then siwtch again to coin flip application to do other 8 flips?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Here's some questions:

- Which Pokètch application do I need to have when I hit my time and right delay pressing A on the continue screen? Happiness checker or coin flips? coin flip app
-
The egg finder says I have to do 19 taps and 8 coin flips. Since I've done my first 10 coin flips to check if i hit my correct time/delay, do I have to switch to happiness checker to do 19 taps then siwtch again to coin flip application to do other 8 flips? Yes

Haha Omega I hadn't even thought of that. Of course you're prolly right.

Stevee, I don't think the NPCs can turn and not move. I can't say 100%, but I've spent a decent amount of time watching some random NPCs and not once did they turn without moving(assuming they were facing a direction along their pre-programmed 'track').

Christian, It doesn't matter what app is open as long as it ISN'T the happiness checker. Starting on the happiness checker will ruin your flips, and you won't be able to check the seed(unless you go catch a wild). You'll want to do your 10 flips to check the seed, switch to the happiness checker, do the taps, and then go back to the coin flip and do the remaining 8. You could do all 18 flips in the beginning, but you have to remember to switch away from the happiness checker once you've done the taps.

EDIT: O.O wow christian a trip answer. Grats!

Here's some questions:

- Which Pokètch application do I need to have when I hit my time and right delay pressing A on the continue screen? Happiness checker or coin flips?
- The egg finder says I have to do 19 taps and 8 coin flips. Assuming I have done my first 10 coin flips to check if i hit my correct time/delay, do I have to switch to happiness checker to do 19 taps then siwtch again to coin flip application to do other 8 flips?

You can have any APP on as long as its not the Happiness checker APP but it would be more convienent to have the Coin Flip on first.
Once your done checking if you hit your delay with 10 Coin Flips you can either switch to the Happiness Cjecker and do the 19 taps or do the 8 Coin Flips but make sure you flip away from the Happiness Checker and maek sure you dont flip to it more then once :)
EDIT: I have seen some NPC's take a Step+Turn the other day trying to WC Abuse so if they did happen to take a Step+Turn that would Advance by 2 right?

I'm good with hatching shinies but I can't find any spreads to capture wild shinies (so that I can get them in fancy balls^^). I put the spread I want in the RNG reporter Capture find tab. (I'm not too picky I just put 31 on speed and then the rest >=27) Then I mark the shiny only box and put the max frame as something like 3000. However there are never any spreads showing up...
Could somebody help me with this?

Wild shinies are rare(1/8192), so it's quite possible there aren't any that match your criteria. Try JavaRNG for getting a list of all of your wild shinies, then you can convert the seed from that list to a usable time in RNG Reporter.

I'm good with hatching shinies but I can't find any spreads to capture wild shinies (so that I can get them in fancy balls^^). I put the spread I want in the RNG reporter Capture find tab. (I'm not too picky I just put 31 on speed and then the rest >=27) Then I mark the shiny only box and put the max frame as something like 3000. However there are never any spreads showing up...
Could somebody help me with this?
Download PokeRNG - it finds shiny spreads a lot faster
Download link: http://files.filefront.com/PokeRNGex.../fileinfo.html
Guide is on post #2 of this thread

Probably a stupid question but are there any particular seeds/delays that can't be used for whatever reason? I'm trying to start the game with seed 651402EF (DS date/time set to Jan 21 2010 @ 20:32:48, 741 delay), but according to my coin flip checks I have been consistently off by 1 frame for this seed, again and again. I have probably landed on 740 and 742 a total of 60 times or more now, and I'm pretty consistent (tend to stay within about a 5-frame window), but for the life of me I just cannot stop on delay 741. None of the other seeds that I've tried to sync to so far have given me nearly as much trouble as this one.

Bad luck?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Probably a stupid question but are there any particular seeds/delays that can't be used for whatever reason? I'm trying to start the game with seed 651402EF (DS date/time set to Jan 21 2010 @ 20:32:48, 741 delay), but according to my coin flip checks I have been consistently off by 1 frame for this seed, again and again. I have probably landed on 740 and 742 a total of 60 times or more now, and I'm pretty consistent (tend to stay within about a 5-frame window), but for the life of me I just cannot stop on delay 741. None of the other seeds that I've tried to sync to so far have given me nearly as much trouble as this one.

Bad luck?
no its that the delays your hitting are even you need to either isnert remove a GBA Pokemon game form your DS if you have one or change the year to get that seed with an even delay by changing the year to one lower if your on 2010 then change it to 2009 which will get that seed to appear on a delay of 742

Okay, I'm trying to abuse for a shiny egg, and no matter what spread I try I get roughly 50 frames off, minimum. It's a BP for Pastel that I'm doing, and every time I hit the spread and count out the taps (less than 25 happiness and 8 coin flips), i always miss. I've counted out loud to guarentee it's right. I've both caught a pokemon to verify the seed and done the taps like a normal abuse without the shiny egg finder. I've done the 10 flips to verify the spread, and then done the rest of the taps as required according to the shiny egg finder. No matter what I try, it doesn't work. And yes, I do have 6 pokemon in my party, one being a parent that I deposit. The drop down box is set to DPPt(International), just like every other abuse.

What I really don't get is what this isn't working. I've done numerous RNG breeds in this game, using the exact same Ditto and I've never had trouble with this. Maybe I'm forgetting something, so any ideas?

You're not making any mistakes, it's the spread you selected. I assume you are trying to breed an egg that pastel can hatch shiny? When using international parents the PID is changed based on the ID and SID of the breeding trainer. It checks to see if the egg is shiny, and if not it slightly modifies it up to 4 times. Since the egg you are trying for is shiny for pastel's ID/SID the algorithm isn't triggered in RNG Reporter, but in the game it uses your ID/SID and so it changes it. Try generating the International list again, but use your ID/SID instead of pastel's. The egg you're getting should match the desired frame.

EDIT: I built a tool that will search for a shiny egg in the International Egg PID using different breeders and hatchers. PM me the info and I can send you a list.

I was planning to RNG abuse a Zapdos when a slight problem came up. I know that entering a battle causes a lot of (unknown) RNG advancement, so once I've advanced the RNG enough, if I run into, say, articuno and not zapdos, the RNG will be thrown off.

Does this mean that after I've hit the seed and advanced the RNG I only have a 1/3 chance of getting zapdos?

I was planning to RNG abuse a Zapdos when a slight problem came up. I know that entering a battle causes a lot of (unknown) RNG advancement, so once I've advanced the RNG enough, if I run into, say, articuno and not zapdos, the RNG will be thrown off.

Does this mean that after I've hit the seed and advanced the RNG I only have a 1/3 chance of getting zapdos?
No, the PID's are set for the birds the moment you speak to Professor Oak and he releases them. It doesn't matter which one you encounter first.

So once I advance the RNG enough, and then talk to Oak, the PID's will be set and I can jump on my head and nothing will change? Cool!

ok. 1) where can I catch machop/oke where there are no uncontrolable npcs
and 2) is there a list of places which routes/areas have what amount of npcs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)