Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ok. 1) where can I catch machop/oke where there are no uncontrolable npcs
and 2) is there a list of places which routes/areas have what amount of npcs?
Mt.Coronet Route 211 Entrance you can catch Machop with no NPC's :)
EDIT And theres a Thread on here somewhere about your second question but i dont know where it is and it sint fully complete :(
EDIT2:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2322091?
EDIT3: No problem thats what this thread is for! ^_^ Goodluck!

Are there any features you guys wish that some spread search tool had? I'm rewriting JavaRNG for version 3.0 (which will feature some significant upgrades), and I am looking for input as to what features I should try to add.

Maybe some way to search for spreads with low speeds for TR/Gyro Ball/Curse?
I've been debating that. Current ideas are: Multiple nature selection, multiple hidden power selection, better 3rd Gen searches (think FRLG), faster 4th gen searches (I had a breakthrough on this recently), the slow speed stats as you mentioned, and an X option, so that you can select exactly 31/x/30/31/31/31 and not get 31/x/30+/31/31/31 spreads. I also hope to have some JavaRNG to PikaTimer interface, such as having an option on PikaTimer to "Load CSV," you pick a csv, then choose a spread for it to create a Timer for.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but the sites search function isn't working on my iPhones browser :P :
Can you rng abuse the in-game npc trades available in dppt? And if so, what method are the pokemon (1?), and do they have a starting monster frame (if so what is it?)
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but the sites search function isn't working on my iPhones browser :P :
Can you rng abuse the in-game npc trades available in dppt? And if so, what method are the pokemon (1?), and do they have a starting monster frame (if so what is it?)
Thanks in advance.
I think the IVs,nature of the pokes you get from the in-game trades are set to be the same always.

I've done several "new games" and that abra from oreburg is always the same(quiet,synchronize and stats),in both diamond and plat.

Question about PokeRadar.
If the spread I want to use doesn't have an encounter slot for say pokemon X. It's not a pokeradar exclusive poke, can I still abuse it using pokeradar with an encounter slot that doesn't match what it says in RNG Reporter?

Question about PokeRadar.
If the spread I want to use doesn't have an encounter slot for say pokemon X. It's not a pokeradar exclusive poke, can I still abuse it using pokeradar with an encounter slot that doesn't match what it says in RNG Reporter?
You should be able to. What you'll want to do different is start the chain in a normal patch (just shakes, but not sparkling). This should remove the chances of encountering a radar exclusive pokemon.

You should be able to. What you'll want to do different is start the chain in a normal patch (just shakes, but not sparkling). This should remove the chances of encountering a radar exclusive pokemon.
Hmm, K. Thanks :D. Just the ID/SID abuse I want to do doesn't have the encounter slot I want =(, so I guess I'll have to Radar abuse it.

What frame is it at? I've only done one at 109, and that didn't leave too much room for error. I only had about 20 frames I had to manually advance for mine, so if it's lower than 80 it's going to be tough. Good luck thought :)

What frame is it at? I've only done one at 109, and that didn't leave too much room for error. I only had about 20 frames I had to manually advance for mine, so if it's lower than 80 it's going to be tough. Good luck thought :)
Depends what delay I use. I haven't abused the ID/SID yet, but the lowest one I can get is 180 with a delay of 1800 I think, I need to confirm it.

But that leads me onto my next question. There are same spreads with higher delays and lower frames.
If I enter one of the PID for a ID/SID combo, let's say frame 180, and delay 1800. Using the same ID/SID, will I be able to hit my spread with Frame 350ish and delay 1500?
If it's a confusing question, and probably hard to understand but if anyone can answer it, thanks :D

Why can't you use a shiny breed poke to calculate your SID? I have two shiny pokemon, one from an egg and the other from a chain. Are they useless for the SID?

Btw, the Red Gyara is like other shiny pokemon, so could i use it?

@Destiny - A much easier way to Radar abuse non-Radar exclusive pokemon is to start your chain by sweet scenting. I'm not sure if this works all the time, but it worked for my Dittos.

@Mariachi - Unlike wild pokemon, the PID of a bred pokemon has no relation to its IVs. You can deduce your SID from a caught shiny because its IVs restrict it to a small number of possible PIDs(often only 1). For a bred shiny it's PID can be anything, and so without the use of external devices it's impossible to figure out. A chained shiny isn't worthless, but you need several to get your SID. Again it has to do with the formula for PID generation, but simply put each chained pokemon has a range of possible ID/SID combinations that will make it shiny. With enough chained pokemon only one ID/SID will make them all shiny.

Why can't you use a shiny breed poke to calculate your SID? I have two shiny pokemon, one from an egg and the other from a chain. Are they useless for the SID?

Btw, the Red Gyara is like other shiny pokemon, so could i use it?
The egg can't work because there's no real way to determine the SID from it since you don't know the PID. When breeding, the PID and IVs aren't combined together, so there's no way to know the exact spread you got it with.

Chain can work, but as the chain gets higher up, the game makes more calls to the RNG to get a shiny, so it sometimes gives one that normally wouldn't be.

Red Gyarados won't work because it's set shiny, so that's not an actually shiny spread you have.

So if i have caught a shiny Bidoof at the 3rd battle of a chain, can it work to discover my SID? I want to be sure that my operations are correct.

Input the IVs of that Bidoof into the Chain to SID window of RNG Reporter. If you get 1 result hurray, you know your SID. If not, then chain more shinies.

Can someone please help explaining to be how to RNG for method 1 pokmeon in emerald? I really don't understand it and i want to try to find a good spread for Rayquaza

I am having some trouble with the RNG reporter time.To get my time I just divide my game team by 24.but sometimes It doesn't work so I just put the time I see on my computer and it works(sometimes).Could someone explain that? Like right now my game time is 257:17,I calculate that into 11:17,I enter the time and the error message saying"Please check your DATE and TIME".Please help someone.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am having some trouble with the RNG reporter time.To get my time I just divide my game team by 24.but sometimes It doesn't work so I just put the time I see on my computer and it works(sometimes).Could someone explain that? Like right now my game time is 257:17,I calculate that into 11:17,I enter the time and the error message saying"Please check your DATE and TIME".Please help someone.
ok you DO NOT use your game time you use or DS clock time which you can set to your computer's clock to keep time

Ok, I have a question. I'm abusing for Ivs atm, and I'm not hitting my frame, so is there anyway I can find out what frame I am hitting?

I have a question. Im trying to get a roselia with 31 IV speeds and i cant seem to. IM RNG hatching by the way. IS there something i did or am doing wrong or do i just need pacience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)