Other Team Crayon Camisade! [Playtest RMT]

We are the CRAYOLAS OF DOOM. We have come to storm your silly ladder and defeat you all. If you try to stand in our way, we shall demolish you! We shall waste no time with silly defensive tactics, and instead blast our way through with OFFENSE. Do not try to stop us with pokemon like Skarmory or Revenankh, for you will surely fail...

---

This is a team I made with Plus. We wanted to use Choice Band Salamence, and we just went from there. We also wanted to make sure the common defensive pokemon in CAP (Skarmory, Revenankh, Fidgit, Arghonaut, etc) could not easily wall our team. This lead us to using Taunt on many pokemon, as well as other pokemon that break down walls easily enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Crayon Camisade

BLACK CRAYON OF HATRED

Stratagem @ Choice Scarf
Levitate | Modest / Timid?
4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpAtk
- Stealth Rock
- Paleo Wave
- Earth Power
- Trick

BLACK CRAYON OF HATRED was actually the last pokemon added to the team. We wanted a lead that wasn't weak to Ground or Ice and could preferably set up SR. We originally was originally a TrickScarf Uxie, but that did not work out very well, and so I swapped it to Trick Stratagem, which fares better against most leads.

Stratagem does OK against most common leads. It breaks Syclants Sash and isn't OHKOed by Megahorn unless it's +Atk. It 2HKOes lead Pyroak, and isn't OHKOed by Leaf Blade (or Wood Hammer after an Attack drop). I can switch out against Metagross, though if it tries to SR it is 2HKOed by Earth Power.

Stratagem supports the team via putting up Stealth Rock, and also acting as a secondary revenge killer. It also has a key immunity to Ground, which my team likes.

Timid probably is overall a better choice in the last slot, but I have never been in a situation where is has been more helpful... I find that once the Choice Scarf is gone, most of the opponents that would be outsped by Timid (Syclant, opposing Stratagem, Starmie, etc.) are already weakened or dead. Still, Timid could be useful I suppose (I don't know if I 2HKO Pyroak with it though...).
---

BLUE CRAYON OF SORROW

Kitsunoh @ Leftovers
Limber | Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake / Superpower
- ShadowStrike
- Taunt
- Will-o-wisp

BLUE CRAYON OF SORROW defeats stall almost singlehandidly. If offensive pokemon that can OHKO are gone, like Colossoil, LO Stratagem, and Scarf Heatran, the remaining defensive pokemon cannot do anything to it. It's probably the MVP pokemon of this team, and definitely fits the motif of not allowing defense to do anything.

Taunt and Will-o-wisp are the crux of the set. With Taunt, Skarmory and co. cannot lay down their Spikes or recover health. Will-o-wisp, combined with Kitsunoh's impessive resistances, make it so that the Taunted pokemon can't do much damage in return, while they are slowly picked off by Burn damage and Earthquake/ShadowStrike. ShadowStrike was chosen for STAB, and the ability to wear down Skarmory/Revenankh/Arghonaut easier, while Earthquake was chosen for Fidgit, Magnezone, and Heatran. Superpower can be used over Earthquake for Colossoil, but I dislike the Attack (and Defense) drops. It is definitely an option though, since Colossoil loves to try and come in on Will-o-wisp. It also helps with Tyranitar who can be a dick if it has Lum...

Kitsunoh's resistances help it to come in frequently. It's my best pokemon against both Revenankh and Machamp, and Lucario. It's also nice against Scizor, with a 4x resist to U-turn and a resistance to Bullet Punch (and an immunity to Superpower). If a pokemon lacks an SE attack against Kitunoh, it usually loses one-on-one.
---

YELLOW CRAYON OF DESPAIR

Cyclohm @ Life Orb
Shield Dust | Timid
4 Def / 252 Spe / 252 SpAtk
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump

YELLOW CRAYON OF DESPAIR is probably the least solid member on the team, but it adds some significant bulk to my team. This is helpful if, say, Metagross gets an Agility up. Cyclohm can take the LO Earthquake and retaliate back with Thunderbolt, which puts Metagross in kill range for my revenge killers. It also makes a decent switch into Heatran (sort of...).

With Taunt, Revenankh can't just Rest off Draco Meteor damage. It also means Celebi can't recover, and Blissey can't do much either. Hydro Pump hits Fidgit that try and come in, as well as Colossoil. The STAB moves just dish damage out and do as much damage as possible before Cyclohm dies.

Cyclohm supports the team by being a good switch into bulky Water-types, as well as a good overall switch to pokemon in general. If I don't know what to switch in, it will likely by Cyclohm.
---

GREEN CRAYON OF DESTRUCTION

Salamence @ Choice Band
Intimidate | Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

GREEN CRAYON OF DESTRUCTION... tears shit apart. Even most Steel-types that resist Outrage have a chance of being 2HKOed by it. Skarmory takes around 44% from Fire Fang, so after SR it can be 2HKOed. Earthquake and Dragon Claw hit everything else I need to. I originally had Adamant, but then I kept getting outsped by Stone Edge Colossoil, so I switched to Jolly. I haven't really noticed the drop in power in most situations.

Salamence supports the team by hitting like a truck. I'm not kidding. If I need to wear something down, I just send in Salamence and click a move. It's handy resistances and Intimidate also are nice, and allow me to pivot pokemon around.

PURPLE CRAYON OF FEAR

Colossoil @ Life Orb
Guts | Naughty
224 Atk / 216 Spe / 68 SpAtk
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit / Stone Edge?

PURPLE CRAYON OF FEAR adds some nice wallbreaking action. With Sucker Punch, it also gives me a second way to deal with fast sweepers my opponent has, like Latias and Starmie. After a Guts boost, Colossoil 2HKOes like everything I think, and thanks to LO and Fire Blast (and the SpAtk investment), it will 2HKO even Special Defensive Skarm on average, and do craploads of damage to Impish Skarmory.

Pursuit isn't really necessary on this set, and I'm definitely considering Stone Edge to hit Gyarados and Salamence, who can just set up on Colossoil. It has its perks though, since my team can deal with those two.

Colossoil supports the team by... stopping the secondary. Not much has the balls to set up on it, with the exception of Fidgit that comes in on an attack other than Earthquake.
---

WHITE CRAYON OF MALICE

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace | Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn

WHITE CRAYON OF MALICE isn't really white blahblahblah, suck it. Choice Scarf Jirachi is my main revenge killer. It may seems strange that it lacks Trick, but there is no room for it (except over U-turn, which I have considered). With Zen Headbutt, it is an extra check against Revenankh and Arghonaut. With Ice Punch, Dragon-types and weakened Colossoil. Iron Head is for good old fashioned flinchhax (Zen Headbutt is pretty unreliable...), and also hits Stratagem, while U-turn scouts switches.

I don't like the lack of overall coverage the set gives, and how it invites a lot of Steel-types in, but it's not like running Fire Punch really does much for the problem (Skarm shrugs it off while Heatran gains from it). Still, since most of my other pokemon can deal with those aforementioned Steels in some way/shape/form, I don't care that much.

Jirachi supports the team with it's speed and revenge killing capabilities. Having an Ice resist also helps a lot. Not much outspeeds Jirachi, even if they have a boost of their own, so I can generally hit my way through weakened opponents (or non weakened ones if I get lucky... :S) in a pinch if I need to.
---

The team again:

I've played against this team more times than I'd like to admit. It's solid as hell, and that Salamence absolutely wrecks things if it gets an Outrage off. I've only beaten it once legitimately, and the rest of the times I've lost pretty miserably. It doesn't help that you're particularly adept at predicting and maneuvering your Pokemon.

Definitely agreed with that Kitsunoh being the MVP of the team. If somehow it dies, the team you're facing is much, much, much better off. With such a fast Taunt, access to Will-o-wisp, and a great STAB option in ShadowStrike with EQ support, it destroys balanced and stall teams.

Cyclohm is definitely a weak link, as you've got better answers to almost all Pokemon that threaten your team. Still, I'm not really what else could go in that slot and help the general flow of the team. I'll think about it.

I'm a big fan, but I only wish I wouldn't face it 10 times in one day. /sigh :P

great team em! i've battled it once or twice and it's definitely solid. that kitsunoh is a bitch (>_>)

i think you're pretty weak to Heatran though, especially substitute variants, which can do huge damage to all of your mons without getting hit themselves, and to scarfers that can outspeed your whole team (barring your scarfers, but scarftran will outspeed strata if it has tricked). Heatran is switching in to Jirachi every time, and can switch in on many of salamence's and stratagem's choiced moves.

in addition, i think your team is really screaming for some Wish. we all know the cbmence and Colossoil love wish, and i'm just guessing that Taunt Kitsunoh does too. the fact that your team has zero recovery is kind of off-putting to me.

for this, i'm thinking you could replace Cyclohm with a wishing Latias. this will help a boatload with your Heatran problems, and also patch you up a bit better against Infernape (right now your best answer is Kitsunoh). I would think choice band Salamence is a good enough answer to Revenankh, but if you find you have problems with it, you could run Trick over ice punch or zen headbutt on Jirachi.

I definitely don't think you should remove Pursuit from colo.

If you make jirachi the yellow crayon, you could switch cyclohm with a Shiny Arghonaut as the red/orange crayon :P . I guess he does well against the aforementioned fire pokemon, but I wouldn't know (as I'm not very good).

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Enjoyed making it with you, and I discourage any huge changes to these pokemon as I think it will ruin the whole aspect of the team. In short: the pokemon are fine as is, though it still takes effort to ensure skarm doesn't get those spikes up. Once skarm gets a layer up, this team dies a lot faster and whatnot. The beauty of the team is that you can play around most threats though admittedly you are weak to some.

Perhaps from firsthand experience you've been having troubles with scarf heatran blasting shit in your face, and with the SR up it's that much harder to fight against. The most common spots for skarm to set up on are jirachi and mence which are obviously large parts of the team, so if anything i'd just consider running mixmence over cbmence despite how good it is. You get some recovery there, and you do much better with skarmory. It doesn't have that extra chance to set up spikes that cb gives the luxury for, and you have kitsunoh for revenankh anyways.

Of course the team is retired but perhaps you should test it out nonetheless. Again, loved the concept and the end product so don't change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-;

Actually; I hadn't even considered MixMence until right now... it would still work as far as I'm considered, though I'd probably run some strange one with max speed?

Another option I considered last night is ditching Taunt on Cyclohm and going with Slack Off. It would also help with Heatran a bit.

Yeah, Heatran melts the wax off my crayons (it was going to be red in the threat list)... Colossoil if played right is also a big problem too.

I was discussing with UD in #cap last night about how Cyclohm's really too slow to Taunt much effectively (especially with how well Kitsu does it), and when it comes out you're almost always better off leading with Draco Meteor or Thunderbolt instead. I think Slack Off would actually give him some staying power.

Also, for ScarfStrata, keep it modest. Modest is the only reason it 2HKOs my anti-lead Pyroak set.

Hey EM, I thought I might have to post.

You kind of do have problems with stall-oriented teams, like the one I used against you. Once I set up a few entry hazards (which is not very hard, as Skarmory has a ton of chances to do so), it is a butt-load easier to deal with your team. My only issue was that wretched Taunt Kitsunoh, as that basically rips me apart; however, if I can predict a Will-O-Wisp, I can switch right into Rebound Colossoil and Kitsunoh becomes of lesser concern. So basically, your team has some trouble when your opponent has set up a few entry hazards and a good stall team can be difficult for you to beat.

I agree with the Salamence change. MixMence will help you immensely when it comes to facing stall. That way, you won't allow Skarmory to set up Spikes when you use Dragon Claw, and instead, you could just Fire Blast it to death.

Now that you have MixMence, I'm kind of thinking that you add Rapid Spin on Colossoil. Salamence already takes care of Skarmory, and it's not like Skarmory can set up on you with Spikes. You can just Rapid Spin them away. This gives your entire team much more survivability, as Spikes affects 4 members of your team and Stealth Rock removal helps Salamence. I'm thinking Rapid Spin > Fire Blast. It's your choice though.

Cyclohm does look like a weak link to me, but I can't think of anything right now that might help.

Good job EM and Plus! :D

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was discussing with UD in #cap last night about how Cyclohm's really too slow to Taunt much effectively (especially with how well Kitsu does it), and when it comes out you're almost always better off leading with Draco Meteor or Thunderbolt instead. I think Slack Off would actually give him some staying power.

Also, for ScarfStrata, keep it modest. Modest is the only reason it 2HKOs my anti-lead Pyroak set.
The point of Taunt was to ensure Revenankh would not be able to rest up. Additonally, through taunting on switch ins, some common switchin ins to Cyclohm other than Rev would have a hard time setting up, namely Fidgits on Thunderbolts, Roosting Latias, etc. Blissey also won't be able to heal up or Toxic Cyclohm, so that is a plus as well. Taunt is not a move where you don't necessarily have to be fast to pull off effectively. Lead Tyranitars are relatively slow yet are able to pull Taunts off nicely. Sdef Skarm is fairly slow as well yet still uses Taunt as it beats what it should. And both of these guys are slower than Cyclohm, lol. The point is that as long as you Taunt what you need to Taunt it doesn't matter how slow you are. You want Cyclohm to Taunt a DDmence?

Sadly though for Cyclohm's niche in the team I am not sure if changing it will prove effective. Change it to a Latias and you're giving Revenankh a free pass to Rest. Just because you have Kitsunoh does not mean all your Rev troubles are gone. Additionally, should you run a defensive Latias set then you'd be giving Skarmory even more chances to set up. If you lack Thunderbolt then Sdef Skarm would have a field day with this team.

Perhaps a little more defensive spread for Cyclohm? It would help you take hits from Heatran better, and you should still be beating what you need to beat. so long as you hit 263 for base 70s you can probably max out your HP and throw the rest into satk.

What about putting Dragonite in place of Cyclohm? A Mixnite or CB Dragonite can help you in many ways. First of all, Mixnite breaks stall apart very easily, if you are as good at prediction as I think you are. Also, Dragonite and Salamence together do a good job at weakening each other counters (since they are basically the same). Most importantly, changing Cyclohm to Dragonite do not harm your defensive synergy that badly, since they have pretty much the same weaknesses (and even if Cyclohm is neutral to Rock, it isn't taking on Stratagem anytime soon with no HP or SpD EVs, and you can deal with physical Rock attacks quite easily - hell, I'd say an additional Ground immunity along with priority in form of Extremespeed are far better gains than the Rock neutrality loss). Just my 2 cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)