Default OU, Uber, BL and UU pokemon for your Shoddy Battle boxes!

Default OU, Uber, BL, UU and NU pokemon for your Shoddy Battle boxes!

Basically I went through every OU pokemon's OU sets on Smogon and created them in Shoddy. I then imported them into a Shoddy box and then uploaded those boxes for everyone to download.

Everything!
OU Pokemon
UU Pokemon
Uber Pokemon
NU Pokemon
BL Pokemon
CAP Pokemon

CAP pokemon will not be included in everything.zip If you try and open a CAP pokemon's box while in a server that doesn't use the CAP pokemon, the shoddy boxes freeze temporarily. Therefore I suggest you only download them if you play on the Create-A-Pokemon server.

Never again will you have to bother typing your set in everytime you create a new team.

PLEASE do not claim this is your work.

Do read _instructions.txt and post if you need help.

If a moveset had a slashed move / item / nature, I always chose the first option, so if it was say

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
64 Atk / 252 SpA /192 Spe
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower

I would have inserted Fire Blast into Shoddy.

Instructions for OS X, please.

Thank you for all of the Pokémon though!
Sorry, I don't have access to any Mac OS so I don't know where the shoddy folder is located. If somebody with Mac OS can find where it is located and tells me where it is, I will update the download to say where to extract the folder to in Mac OS.

Now where are all the UU pokemon?
I'm going to start working on them after I start the Uber pokemon (probably tomorrow) and then the NU pokemon.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
You know, we could probably automate this... it'd just require going through the analyses, using the parser from the Smogon source, and writing to the Shoddy box format. If someone points me at the description for the Shoddy box format I could probably whip up a script in an hour

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You know, we could probably automate this... it'd just require going through the analyses, using the parser from the Smogon source, and writing to the Shoddy box format. If someone points me at the description for the Shoddy box format I could probably whip up a script in an hour
Would that mean every Pokémon with every set would show up in the team builder, like the damage calculator?

I'll help you out by giving you the Linux Instructions..

1. Open the file browser to home.
2. Press Ctrl+H to view hidden folders.
3. Open .shoddybattle and create a folder called boxes
4. Open the OU.zip and extract all the Pokemon to the boxes folder (keep them in their folders.)
Good job

I'll help you out by giving you the Linux Instructions..

Good job
Thanks.

I've updated it following a few suggestions I received. It's nothing major, I just made it so that each pokemon is a box rather than shoving all pokemon and sets into one big box.

I made a script to install for Windows 2000 - Windows 7.

Just download and open README with Notepad/Wordpad. This does NOT work with Linux (yes, even with Wine, it wont work)

And that should make it easier

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tidfujnynze

@Symphonyx64 - Just find the .shoddybattle folder, and make a folder called 'boxes' in it
Then drag all the pokemon folder in it. If you have a team open, close it and reopen.

Tried this with macs but had no success. It views it as a unix file, when the appropriate file to view it as would be a plain text file.

This would be awesome, could you please do it?

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That automation script would be very handy indeed, chaos.

Thanks for your effort too, Joe Bloggs. A nice little time saver.

As chaos hasn't finished his script I continued on.

Uber pokemon and the BL pokemon are now also available for download.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's because there is none, its object serialization.

If you can find Java's serialization format or whatever, the relevant code is in PokemonBox.java under buttonImportActionPerformed. Either way, I have to get to class.

can't wait for chaos to finish this fully stil, I don't have a shoddy folder, so I can't use this, anyway, its impressing.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to be a bother, but would it be possible to go through the LC C&C subforum and build a box on that? (Updating it now and then)

I can't seem to even open the box at all. It seems to freeze up every time I do. What am I doing wrong?

I am on Windows Vista by the way.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This is awesome! It saves so much time and appeals to the shoddy battle functions.

This should definitely be an automatic feature of sb2!

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
That's because there is none, its object serialization.

If you can find Java's serialization format or whatever, the relevant code is in PokemonBox.java under buttonImportActionPerformed. Either way, I have to get to class.
Hmm. That might be a challenge. I spoke with Colin about this before and he told me there weren't any good libraries for doing Java object serialization in Python. :/ What we might do is use Jython specifically for this task

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)