Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - January 2010

I'm aware. I messed around with specs latias last month and she 2hkos scizor, metagross, and tyranitar with surf. The best way around is sticking a scarf on tyranitar, not picking a less used poke because none of them really have the power to stop her(bulky waters can switch into surf, okay. but how do they ko latias? they can't.)

Switching blissey into latias a lot is going to end up with a scarf/specs blissey, unless it's the sub/cm latias which can still beat the standard 252 def bold blissey.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
anyone else notice how lo starmie can deal, at the very least, 60% to every pokemon above it? It lands 6 ohkoes, and 7 2hkoes. The only thing that can actually take 2 hydro pumps, bar some weird set, is latias. Latias takes about 65% from a life orbed ice beam, which equates to a 2hko after sr and a hydro pump. Use lo starmie more.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Surprised to see mewtwo and tyranitar at number one. Thanks doug.

Switching blissey into latias a lot is going to end up with a scarf/specs blissey, unless it's the sub/cm latias which can still beat the standard 252 def bold blissey.
blissey still beats all LO latias and the large majority of CM latias, not to mention choiced latias once its already used trick

haunter

Banned deucer.
Scarf-TTar checks a lot of threats, not only Latias. Being able to check Gengar, Starmie, Rotom and revenge killing almost everything below 360 Spe is a good reason alone to consider scarf-TTar. Having a good switch into Latias is just an added bonus.

As always, thank you very much Doug.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
In terms of interesting leads in OU:

| 9 | Tyranitar | 22310 | 2.97 |
| 10 | Gliscor | 22154 | 2.95 |
| 11 | Ninjask | 20205 | 2.69 |
| 14 | Uxie | 15985 | 2.13 |
| 17 | Crobat | 12918 | 1.72 |

Tyranitar's new lead set is seeing some use. People finally see Gliscor's potential as a lead, despite that it can be setup bait for Salamence. People continue to use Ninjask (even though I never see it). Duel Screen/TrickScarf Uxie sees some love, and lastly Crobat sees enough usage to get bye.

Other notable OU stuff:

| Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 22.7 |
^^ No surprise there.
| 6 | Gyarados | 140890 | 18.75 |
^^ Used to be #2 iirc? Stealth Rock just continues to be a dominating force.
| 9 | Gengar | 110599 | 14.72 |
^^ Gengar is gaining popularity (along with Starmie, which is odd considering the increase in ScarfTar).

Rotom-A and Latias obviously went down due to ScarfTar (which brings the question to mind, who really popularized this "new set"? (I say new because it has been used before, but never this much)).

Thanks Doug.

Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 22.7 |
| Tyranitar | Item | Choice Band | 14.8 |

Holy shit :o. Yea it makes sense though, like Haunter said, scarf-tar is extremely useful and latias is just a bonus. I expected a raise from last month, but i didn't expect this high.

And yea like Delta said, its good that people are recognizing gliscor leads more. It really is a great lead

Tyranitar at #2? It was always coming. I also think that it's no coincidence that with T-tar's rise, there has also been a rise in Swampert's usage, and a drop for both Rotom-A and Latias. It just shows that it only takes one Pokemon's usage to rise to change the top 10 quite considerably.

I'm shocked at Ho-oh's drop in usage. Was its rise to fame that easily destroyed by HP Fire Giratina? Now I'm second guessing my choice to get HG over SS, lol

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
appreciate the effort for providing us with these statistics doug

i think its time we lead with starmie more often!

1 | Froslass | 16316 | 12.56 |
2 | Uxie | 13869 | 10.67 |
3 | Ambipom | 11551 | 8.89 |
4 | Moltres | 3839 | 2.95 |

Wow people must only use like the same 3 leads or somethings since that jump is huge.

Oh emm gee! It's so shocking that all the suspects made the top 10(6). -.-

Also, wtf is up with the UU leads? Seriously? There's almost a 6 pt (5.94) difference between the #3 and #4 spot! WHAT?!

To be honest I'm not surprised by the rise in swampert. He is literally on every single team I play against. Tyrantitar's rise is not really that surprising either. It's also nice to see mewtwo at #2 in ubers, he is the best pokemon in the game.

I'm surprised Lucario has been steadily dropping, especially with what we knew would be an increase in Scarf Tyranitar (whom Lucario easily sets up on Stone Edge, or preferably, Crunch).

The Tyranitar bit: Yeah, I've noticed he's powerful. Who needs a band when a scarf can pin your opponent between a rock (TTar) and a hard place (Pursuit)? The checking ability easily accounts for that. I see Scizor is falling, too. Perhaps the metagame has evolved. I'm glad it isn't stable anymore.

I'm surprised Lucario has been steadily dropping, especially with what we knew would be an increase in Scarf Tyranitar (whom Lucario easily sets up on Stone Edge, or preferably, Crunch).
I think the main reason is that he is easily revenge killed by ScarfTar, I mean, whats the reason to set up a SD when he can easily come back and revenge kill you with EQ? Lucario would need to run BP to beat him, leaving him vulnerable to other threats

Yeah scarftar at 22% is absolutely huge, but not surprising because of the fact that it checks so many Pokemon and is an amazing trick absorber for stall based teams.

Also pretty shocked that Venusaur is still number one, considering that it is not as dominant as in was in the previous period, definitely was expecting Cresselia to be number one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)