Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

50% 12.5% 25% 75%
F M M F

This appears as the last 4 columns of a method 1 spread in RNGreporter (each colour represents a column). Will the Pokemon caught on this frame be male or female? I plan to use it on Heatran, whose gender can obviously be both male and female.

I'm not quite sure how to tell if a Pokemon will be male or female from the information given by RNGreporter. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Edit: Thanks FriDanny. It became clear to me just before I read your post, lol.

50% 12.5% 25% 75%
F M M F

This appears as the last 4 columns of a method 1 spread in RNGreporter (each colour represents a column). Will the Pokemon caught on this frame be male or female? I plan to use it on Heatran, whose gender can obviously be both male and female.

I'm not quite sure how to tell if a Pokemon will be male or female from the information given by RNGreporter. Can someone please explain? Thanks.
Since Heatran has a gender ratio of 50/50, you look under the 50 column. In this case, it would be female. Let's say you're trying to get a Swampert who has a 87.5/12.5 ratio, you would then look under the 12.5 column. Hope that helps

Okay, besides runners, have we figured out any other long standing way to advance the frame by one at the start? Because some how my Platinum game has gotten +1 recently. For example, I've recently abused for Milotic, and I noticed that whenever I'd load the game and fish right out, my starting frame would be 6. I only have one runner out, Articuno, so where is that last advancement coming from?

Are you sure you are in a quiet (no moving NPCs) area? The only other thing I can think of is that you are saved in grass, and not facing the water (ie. 1 more frame when you turn to fish).

EDIT: If it's not either of those then you need someone more knowledgeable then me :P

I'm in part of Mt. Coronet, and there's no NPCs around. It's happened alot recently, but that's been the most recent. It's been going on for about 2 weeks. I figured my math was just wrong, but I've checked again and again.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, besides runners, have we figured out any other long standing way to advance the frame by one at the start? Because some how my Platinum game has gotten +1 recently. For example, I've recently abused for Milotic, and I noticed that whenever I'd load the game and fish right out, my starting frame would be 6. I only have one runner out, Articuno, so where is that last advancement coming from?
You're not the only one who had the same phenomenon. I've had absolutely no runners out and still gotten +1 without any explanation.

So there's something else that's doing this we haven't discovered. I'm trying to remeber what I've done that could have set it off, but the only things I've done in my platinum is beat the E4 and abuse about 1 & 1/2 boxes of wild catches.

Is it possible to RNG in-game trades? Or is the RNG reseeded to a randomly or whatever like when you do a normal trade?

-Rysta- I'm pretty sure I saw them saying that it was impossible to do that.

I wanted to say thanks to Mingot and all the people who have worked on this. I finally got hte IV abuse to work, and it's going to be very helpful

Need some help here Doing the Shiny Hatch egg one and wondering do i do both the happiness and Coin flip or just choose one? Cause the results im getting are like 4000+ Happiness Touches Dx

Or the much easier and faster: know your calibrated delay, pick a spread on that delay, confirm with coin flips, continue taps/flips as necessary.

This guide will tell you how to get the info you need. Go into the Time Finder of RNG Reporter and switch to the Shiny Egg tab. Input the current date on your DS, your calibrated seconds/delay, your ID/SID and the desired nature, ability, and gender. Using one of results change the time on your DS to one minute before the displayed time. Wait 1 minute and then enter the game (it must be exactly 1 minute). Mash 'A' until you are in the game. Once in, flip the coin 10 times keeping track of the results. Check that your flips match the flips of the seed you want and if they do then finish the remaining taps and flips (the 10 flips to check your seed are already calculated in).

I don't believe so. I've done one before, but I just did alot of guess work for mine. What I did was save 1 step before entering the marsh(before paying to get in). I kept reseting till I hit my delay, then ran straight in and caught a pokemon in the area where my desired pokemon was. As soon as the battle ended and I went back to the overworld game I pressed start. I found out what frame that pokemon was on and calculated the number of journal flips needed to get my target. Sweet scented again and hope you brought up the start menu fast enough so no NPCs moved.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a guide to great marsh abuse?
no but COKTAL's post gives the gist of it I used this formula for mine:
Traget frame - actual frame (obtained after you capture a pokemon to check your actual frame) - 9 frames (7 for battling plus 2 for sweetscent) - 1 for each roamer out then all this divided by 2 to calculate my journal flips. You may have to do a turn to advance it by 1 if you value is odd before dividing it by 2. Just try it out and if you miss check by how much and adjust your journal flips accordingly

in the calibration phase how many times would you reccomend calculating the initial seed before finding reliable values for seconds and delay?

Untill you get consistant results, seconds that is, as for the Delay it will be a Range (Even or Odd)
well for seconds, i've gotten 13 most of the time (i've only gotten one or two others) and i've gotten all odd delays mostly within the range of 633-645

is that enough to go off of or do i need more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)