Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
Killuh360 sent out WishMaker (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Game_Corner sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
WishMaker used U-turn.
A critical hit!
Jirachi lost 38% of its health.
Killuh360 switched in Goku (lvl 100 Infernape ?).
Jirachi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
---
Pointed stones dug into Goku.
Goku lost 12% of its health.
Game_Corner: wait, why did infernape take sr damage?
Goku used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 62% of its health.
Game_Corner's Jirachi fainted.
The Occa Berry weakened Fire Blast's power!
Goku lost 10% of its health.
---
Game_Corner switched in Dusknoir (lvl 100 Dusknoir ?).
Dusknoir is exerting its pressure!
Game_Corner: correct me if I'm wrong, but it switched before I used stealth rock.
Game_Corner: not that it doesn't work in my favor, but isn't that wrong?
Where do I report bugs, and if by chance this is the right place, look at how stealth rocks worked.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
According to shoddy, umbreon cannot learn heal bell. Its says on his smogon page he can. Can this be fixed?

Shoddy Battle is no longer fixing bugs, so it's pretty useless to report them, but if you want to report it anyways.

I consider this a bug, and Shoddy Battle 1 is no longer under development. If you want it, ask the host.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
According to shoddy, umbreon cannot learn heal bell. Its says on his smogon page he can. Can this be fixed?
Are you editing an older team, i.e. one originally made before the HGSS updates, or a team made on a server without HGSS updates? If so, that is the cause of your problem. Just make a new team while on the Smogon Server or a server with HGSS updates and it should work.

Is their anyway to delete accounts on shoddy?
I believe moderator are the only ones with the power to do that. But I do think that you can reset your battle score. If you want to change your username just make an alt account, it's not really a big deal on shoddy, people do it a lot so they can test new teams without damaging hard earned scores.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I believe moderator are the only ones with the power to do that. But I do think that you can reset your battle score. If you want to change your username just make an alt account, it's not really a big deal on shoddy, people do it a lot so they can test new teams without damaging hard earned scores.
I just have a bunch of alts, none of which I really need. I figured I might as well get rid of them.

hey guys two questions first which ladder do you need a high cre in to be eligable for suspect test votes standard or suspect? secondly does anyone know what the cre needed to vote is? thanks

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Your laddering has to be done on the suspect ladder to be eligible for the suspect test. As far as I know your CRE doesn't have to be any specific value, it all depends on how much you use the suspects. (i think)

oh okay thanks for your help for some reason the suspect ladder just became available for me to play on today it wasnt in the drop down last time i was on it was only standard uber and uu. but i guess thats kind of irrelavent as i can play on it now thanks again.

Cannot connect

When I open Shoddy and try to connect to the smogon server I get this error message: An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

Connection refused: connect

I've tried to connect using the advance option (shoddybattle.smogon.com on port 5000) but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

I'm wondering how I can make a ladder on a Shoddy server if I am not using MySQL.
First off is this even possible? (everywhere I looked seems to tell me to use MySQL for a ladder, and frankly I suck with the program, and don't have it currently anyway)
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, so if it's possible, how do I make a shoddy battle ladder on my own server without MySQL?

I don't know if this question should be here, but I PM'd Colin about this and recieved no reply. Here's what happened:

dannydamagichobo switched in Omastar (lvl 100 Omastar ♂). Jumpluff used Substitute. Jumpluff lost 25% of its health. Jumpluff made a substitute! The rain continues to fall. Jumpluff's leftovers restored its health a little! Jumpluff restored 6% of its health.

Omastar used Ice Beam. It's super effective! The substitute took damage for Jumpluff! Jumpluff's substitute faded! Jumpluff used Worry Seed. The rain continues to fall. Jumpluff's leftovers restored its health a little! Jumpluff restored 6% of its health.

Omastar used Ice Beam. It's super effective! Jumpluff lost 88% of its health. thoughts's Jumpluff fainted. Omastar lost 10% of its health. The rain stopped.

My question is whether or not this works in the real game. Does Worry Seed not cancel out effects like Swift Swim if it is already activated? Or is it possible for a Timid Omastar to outrun a Max EV Speed Jumpluff? Thanks.

My question is whether or not this works in the real game. Does Worry Seed not cancel out effects like Swift Swim if it is already activated? Or is it possible for a Timid Omastar to outrun a Max EV Speed Jumpluff? Thanks.
This is probably a glitch. There are more of them but they will be dealt with in Shoddy 2.

Fun fact: The minimum speed that Jumpluff can have (0 Spe EV's and 0 Spe IV's) is 230. The maximum speed that Omastar could have (31 Spe EV's and 31 Spe IV's) is 229, so there is no way that omastar could outspeed Jumpluff out of Rain and Trick Room.

@Hegna You can if you built your server from source, but if you just used the package installer from the website; no. MySQL is if you want ratings on your ladders. You can use ladders on NetBeans, however they will not have Ratings. (You will disconnect if you try to view ratings iirc)

Haha thanks. I wasn't sure if swift swim was purely based on the ability machanic or if the stat itself remained after the ability changes, but thanks for confirming my suspicion.

My last sentence was somewhat sarcastic, but I didn't know about exact numerical stats of each one. Thanks for the fun fact! (no sarcasm included)

@Hegna You can if you built your server from source, but if you just used the package installer from the website; no. MySQL is if you want ratings on your ladders. You can use ladders on NetBeans, however they will not have Ratings. (You will disconnect if you try to view ratings iirc)
K, I guess I might remake it from source later then.
Thanks for the answer.

Ummm..i assume this is the right place, could someone pm the answer to me plz:

I noticed that shoddy'd let me put all 510 EVs into one stat, and that stat would keep increasing from 252 onwards, despite everyone saying they don't. Is this a glitch? And would the extra stats work in a battle?

Nidoqueen cannot have both Seismic Toss and Toxic Spikes in it's moveset (one is an emerald tutor move and the other is a DPPt level up move), yet on Shoddy Battle this is possible. Can this be fixed?

Nidoqueen cannot have both Seismic Toss and Toxic Spikes in it's moveset (one is an emerald tutor move and the other is a DPPt level up move), yet on Shoddy Battle this is possible. Can this be fixed?
what's stopping you from tutoring in emerald, and then Migrating and using a Heart Scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)