Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

It is a normal day for you. You are in your room, behind your computer, doing what you always do: listen to music, read Smogon, talk serious 'mons or non-serious other things on IRC, battling on Shoddy, and let's not forget checking for the latest news. This particular news item interested you, so you clicked on the live video feed. Apparently a brave reporter was just supplying the news anchor and all the viewers with the latest update.

"I just went to this scary-looking guy and he proudly informed that this would be an annual thing. When I asked if I could perhaps attend it, he said it was exclusive for only a certain type of monsters. When I requested elaboration, he said it was only for Monsters Which May or May Not Exist. I was going to argue that this monster could clearly think, and therefore, he was, but then he punched me in the stomach."

"Thanks Tom, live from the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. We do not know yet what these abominations are up to, but we are sure that it cannot be anything good."

Suddenly, you hear rapid-fired gunshots. Windows shatter and people scream. You carefully peek out of your broken window and see a man with a megaphone screaming the same thing over and over.

"Attention, fearful and weak citizens! Your time has come! We are the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect! Nobody is allowed to come close or we'll shoot your head off. Actually, we'll do that anyway, one at a time! Hahahaha!"

These guys' intentions are a lot clearer, but not much better. When the gunshots start to fade, indicating that the criminals are going away from you, you head out on the street. You see a megaphone lying at your front door, so you pick it up and ask for all non-criminal citizens to gather.

"My dear fellow pacifists. It seems we have not one but two problems on our hands. On one side, we have these monsters with their natural weapons, and on the other, that rogue army with more militairy firepower than the Soviet Union. I propose we unite against these threats. Individually, we may not be as powerful as them, but together, we can stop them."

You hold a long discussion that lasted all the way until it was starting to get dark. By then, you agreed upon the following.

This group of active citizens would be called Things You Find on the Internet, seeing as it covered about everyone who had joined the meeting. This potentially included infiltrators - monsters or armed men who decided to disguise themselves as men without weapons. How they pulled off such an amazing disguise, you would never know, but you were sure they were there. However, man or monster, armed or not, your numbers were large enough to gang upon them once per day. So you will do just that.

Welcome to Unicycle Mafia!

Just to make it clear:
Monsters Which May or May Not Exist is a mafia faction.
Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect is another mafia faction.
Things You Find on the Internet is the village faction.

Updates

Cycle 2
Cycle 3
Cycle 4
Cycle 5
Cycle 6
Cycle 7
Game Over

Player List

Alive (8)
Coronis
Engineer Pikachu
Exarius (formerly evan)
Fishy
Flamestrike
Staraptor Call

Murdered (16)
Username - Role Name - Role - Alliance - Cause of death

porygon3 - Dementor - Inspection Negator/One-Time Kill - Internet - Lynched Cycle 1
Altair - Ho-oh - Inspector - Monsters - Killed Cycle 1
shade - Andrew Schneider - Inspection Preventor - Well-Armed Men - Lynched Cycle 2
Bass - Tommy Vercetti - Crossfire Preventor - Well-Armed Men - Killed Cycle 2
Lord Jesseus - John McClane - Vote Negator - Well-Armed Men - Lynched Cycle 3
moot - Gosalyn Mallard - PM Counter - Internet - Killed Cycle 3
Fishin - RB Golbat - Informative Man - Internet - Killed Cycle 3
Gmax - El Chupacabra - Lynch Preventor - Monsters - Lynched Cycle 4
polelover44 - Shirō Emiy - Forensics Man - Internet - Killed Cycle 4
Veedrock - Kesuke Miyagi - Self Watcher/Vigilanté - Internet - Killed Cycle 4
RB Golbat - Mushu - Bodyguard - Internet - Killed Cycle 4
Mr. 378 - Nessie - Crossfire Preventor - Monsters - Lynched Cycle 5
billymills - Khaled Mardam-Bey - Inspector - Internet - Killed Cycle 5
THE IRON KENYAN - Bob Ross - Artist - Internet - Killed Cycle 5
Amelia - Negaduck - Murderer - Wolf - Killed Cycle 5
Genny - Yeti - Kidnapper - Monsters - Lynched Cycle 6
Reyscarface - Usher - Mason/Mayor - Internet - Killed Cycle 6
Aura Guardian - Terminator - Inspector - Well-Armed Men - Lynched Cycle 7

For those that want to know what a role PM looks like, Earthworm practically sacrificed himself for the greater good by revealing my camera schemes. He was found with a lightsaber in his chest.

Dear Earthworm,
You are Jesus Christ. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the son of God, as well as our Lord and Savior, and your miracles would probably have been the solution to hunger world-wide if some assholes hadn't crucified you.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Asking [user] if he has sinned" You will appear to your target and force them to confess all their sins. For the purpose of this game, the only sin is murder. If your target has ever murdered, you will know.

You win if the Things You Find on the Internet win.

Note that PM formats, wording, etc. can vary. I'm only human, after all. It's your own responsibility to come up with a more favorable role PM if you think the one you have won't be believed, whether it involves fixing a typo, changing your flavor or altering your win condition.

Unicycle Mafia Rules

Because I'm sure many of you didn't read them the first time.

This game, like most Mekkah productions, has an experimental element that sets it apart from your average game. This game is called Unicycle Mafia for a reason.

<Earthworm> every player must ride on their unicycles for the duration of the game
<Earthworm> if you fall off, you lose your role
<Earthworm> and become a villager / grunt
<Earthworm> mekkah had to organise cameramen worldwide
<Earthworm> to make sure nobody cheats
<Earthworm> but he can afford it, since he is a smogon admin
<Earthworm> they get paid more than dentists on average
<Earthworm> us mods only get paid around the same as programmers
<Earthworm> we've thought about going on strike once or twice, but there didn't seem to be enough support
<Earthworm> i'll be honest though
<Earthworm> i usually spend most of my time i'm meant to be moderating playing games like pokémon
<Earthworm> and chatting on IRC

1. In this game, there are no Day or Night phases. There's only Cycles, which are essentially Days and Nights packed into one. That's why it's called Unicycle.

2. Because of this, there will be a lynch going on during the execution of Night roles, making the game rather fast paced.

3. For most roles, the actual execution of their roles will happen after their target is lynched. In other words, the lynch has higher priority than most roles. There may be exceptions. If your role is an exception to this, it may be stated in your Role PM. If it isn't, you can assume it has lower priority, or that I want you to think it does, so there's no point in asking.

4. Each Cycle lasts 48 hours, unless noted otherwise. I might extend deadlines if I notice it's going too fast (please notify me if you think this is the case - the more opinions the better). A Cycle will only end early if all required PMs are in AND there is a majority on who to lynch (and if I'm around).

5. Because of the unusually high amount of things to progress at every update, they might take longer than usual to do. So please don't bother me during updates.

6. Cycle 1 will last 72 hours rather than 48. It will not be rigged to have no deaths. However, during Cycle 1, everyone's vote is defaulted to "No lynch" unless it is changed. Reasoning behind this is the large lack of info during the first Cycle. If you want to lynch someone during Cycle 1, you're going to need to convince a lot of people.

Standard Mafia Rules

Now that the unusual stuff is out of the way, it's time for those stolen-from-Blindness-DA-and-Fishin rules. They are heavily modified because of how different Unicycle is, so please pay close attention.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. If you are not playing, the same rules apply as if you were dead.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Cycle 1 (except to a mafia team mate), but starting from Cycle 2 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. You may vote to lynch users during each Cycle by posting "lynch/vote/lynching/voting [user]" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (I won't be bothered about the syntax but don't be outrageous about it), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

5. If you have a night role, you have to let me know what you are going to do with it before deadline. You can either do this by sending a PM to Mekkah on the Smogon forums stating "Cycle X - [Night action here]", or contacting me via IRC/MSN to tell me your target. If you do not wish to use your night role, send a PM entitled "Cycle X - idling" or tell Mekkah on IRC. This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game. Any action that does not reach Mekkah in time will be assumed to idle, and it's your responsibility to make sure that won't happen. If you have multiple actions during a Cycle, please put them all in one PM.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game will not have items. Don't claim to be a thief!

8. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

9. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal. Your normal, traditional mafia strategies may not work in this game. The host reserves his right to lie his ass off to you.

10. If a role PM contradicts the rules, the role PM takes priority. So if the rules tell you you are not allowed to claim Batman, but your role PM says you are allowed to claim Batman, you should follow your role PM.

11. It may be possible for dead people to come alive in this game, so be cautious when talking to dead people.

FAQ

Q: Are role PMs out yet?
A: Yes, they are. If something went wrong, please contact me ASAP.

Q: What can be in this game, theme-wise?
A: Pretty much everything. After all, there's nothing you cannot find on the internet!

Q: Deadline?
A: Cycle 1 will end on Saturday, 20:00 GMT+1 (aka my time). Or earlier if you get a voting majority on someone and all actions are sent in.

Take a look at my avatar. I got in on the Internet! Thus, I'm one of the things you find on the Internet. By the way, I'm batman... Ok, seriously now...

forget unicycles, I'll try a no-cycle (0 wheels. top that)

Is anyone willing to step forward as a village leader?
With two mafias at 5 each, then we could be badly outnumbered (unless they don't know who each other is... do they? Until I find out, I will assume such ...)

EDIT: number of mafia at 5 is a guess, thank you for answering my "do they know each other," Altair

Um how do you know this?
I edited in my response. I was guessing from previous games.
I also was assuming a worst-case scenario. Anyway, wolves may change the standings to something similar anyway, so I think the guess, while crude, is accurate enough for our purposes.

EDIT: Didn't I also tell you on IRC? Yeah, I did. I was guessing.

[image is gone wtf]

Mafias factions do not know one another. There's likely only 4 mafia per faction (factoring in neutrals, 10 mafia vs. at max 12 villagers is extremely off balanced). Looking at those numbers though I'm almost willing to settle for 3 mafia per faction based on the way a cycle works (another factor is whether the factions alternate kills, something I know not of), plus a lack of cycle 1 immunity can tilt things very early.

Ok because I'm tired of how EVERY game works out when I get villager I am going to step up and ask for claims. Obviously I don't want full role PMs since that isn't allowed yet but you know what to do! If any inspector wants to choose me this cycle that would be fine. I can post my role PM next cycle if needed.

"claim or be cast under immediate suspicion" etc

edit: Also, I'm a Dementor on the village (obviously), with the ability to make a user immune to inspection/cancel their inspection. I might idle this cycle so I don't hit anyone trying to clean me.

Ok because I'm tired of how EVERY game works out when I get villager I am going to step up and ask for claims. Obviously I don't want full role PMs since that isn't allowed yet but you know what to do! If any inspector wants to choose me this cycle that would be fine. I can post my role PM next cycle if needed.

"claim or be cast under immediate suspicion" etc

edit: Also, I'm a Dementor on the village (obviously), with the ability to make a user immune to inspection/cancel their inspection. I might idle this cycle so I don't hit anyone trying to clean me.
... I find Monsters more likely...

EDIT: I will not pass judgement until the inspector has had something to say. I merely find the role unlikely.

An inspection blocking seems more like a role the mafia would have, since every village has an inspector, and getting inspected is a major threat to a mafia faction. Also consider that the Dementor is a monster that is invisible to muggles, so most people think it does not exist. That makes porygon3 a Monster Which May or May Not Exist.

And just some common-sense advice, nobody claim to anybody C1 since nobody has been cleaned.

It has come to my attention that some people don't believe porygon3's claim.

I give you three claps:
*clap*
*clap*

Porygon3 is not stupid.

Porygon3 reads the rules.

Porygon3 knows full well what is on the internet.

Porygon3 knows full well what is a monster than may or may not exist.

Porygon3 just made you look stupid.

lol. I don't trust anyone, of course. (Reyscarface: didn't you mention something like that to me on IRC?).

"so what's going down" -moot

Default is no Lynch, and with that I will stay.
(PS: first mafia game outside of IRC that I'm in. I won't mess this one up!)

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
yay, got in. We might want to go with no lynch, but I'm assuming there won't be any more than 12 villagers, so we have a chance... I'd say we have a 50/50 chance of hitting an opponent, be it a neutral or mafia faction, but it's best we not risk it.

Also, first mafia game, and I hope not to screw up -.-

Ok guys yeah I know it does sound like a Monster character and a mafia role. But if I was mafia, and I've said this to a few people already, don't you think I would come up with a better role to false claim? Don't you think I would figure out a better character to claim? And that's if Mekkah didn't even give the mafias false claim material, which would surprise me.

Honestly if you see someone claiming this character/ability he's either an idiot or telling the truth, I hope nobody thinks I am the first !!

If you guys want to wait until the cycle ends before claiming anything to me, like Staraptor Call suggested, that's fine, but I guess that means we would have to settle for a no lynch then. Hope you guys are ok with that...

If you're seriously claiming that, then I expect no one to claim to you period. That's the worst claim I've ever heard. I hope you have some impressive flavor material. Sure, you could be a miller, but why would we want a miller running the village?

I don't think we need to lynch anyone c1, unless someone claims something really stupid that is really obviously mafia.

If you're seriously claiming that, then I expect no one to claim to you period. That's the worst claim I've ever heard. I hope you have some impressive flavor material. Sure, you could be a miller, but why would we want a miller running the village?

I don't think we need to lynch anyone c1, unless someone claims something really stupid that is really obviously mafia.
You have no idea how tempted I was to say: "I'm a (pocket) monster that might be real."
I'm not, of couse. Porygon3, next cycle, I will be looking forward to reading your flavor text, else I will likely say "Lynch Proygon3" (I'm not yet, of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)