Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I did a bunch of damage calculations based on the damage the CPU's Pokemon did to me. This was a while ago so I don't remember the details on what I did, but I believe I was using a high level Pokemon so differences in IV were more likely to cause a difference in stats. I found some of my old data from the test and I apparently did a speed check as well
I was doing this with the tower IVs in DP, I mean calcing (more exactly, I asked x-act to do these most of the time because he was faster at it) stats and IVs from damage dealt to my team

thanks for the info TRE, it´s very helpful, as always

I´ll be sure to test the IVs as well, using something like a blissey (like I did many times when testing for the damage formula some time ago)

argenta using flawless pokémon is pretty much a given, the brains are a weird bunch

yeah the lowest challenger level is 30 (nothing new, I know), and the first three rank10 pokémon (#10, #20 & #30) are lv.24 (14-24), 24 (15-24) & 25 (15-25)

the most amusing part is that the hall cheats non-existent levels of pokémon...like a lv.24 dragonite or a lv.22 raptor, sucks :(

EDIT:

Regarding IVs in the Battle Hall. Rank 10 Pokemon have IV26. Rank 1 Pokemon have IV8. I haven't throughly tested the IVs of Pokemon from Rank 2 to Rank 9. I'm guessing in increments by 2 from 8 to 26. I haven't done any testing for the Battle Hall Frontier Brain so I'm not sure if they have IV31 Pokemon or not.
Rank1
Level 70 Taillow (Taillow, Lonely, Sharp Beak, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Quick Attack, Double Team, Atk/Spd)
Brave Bird vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 472

Rank2
Level 72 Meowth (Meowth, Adamant, Silk Scarf, Slash, U-turn, Fake Out, Charm, Atk/Spd)
Slash vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 255, 256, 268, 271
U-Turn vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 142, 143, 154

Rank3
Level 74 Zigzagoon (Zigzagoon, Jolly, Silk Scarf, Mud-Slap, Headbutt, Tickle, Facade, Atk/Spd)
Headbutt vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 213, 222
Facade vs 24 defense Chansey -> damage: 325, 330

Rank4
Level 76 Starly (Starly, Adamant, Sharp Beak, Brave Bird, FeatherDance, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Atk/Spd)
Aerial Ace vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 277, 295, 301
Quick Attack vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 148, 154, 168, 171
Brave Bird vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 552

Rank5
Level 78 Linoone (Linoone, Jolly, Silk Scarf, Slash, Gunk Shot, Charm, Last Resort, Atk/Spd)
Gunk Shot vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 328, 332, 371, 379
Slash vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 385
IV = 12 (323-380) -> impossible
IV = 13 (324-382) -> impossible
IV = 14 (326-384) -> impossible
IV = 15 (328-387) -> 328, 332, 371, 379 possible, also 385 slash damage

so yeah, rank 5 Pokémon IVs = 15

I´ll work on the rest, slowly (what a pain)

BIG THANKS TO THE SMOGON DAMAGE CALCULATOR, IT´S TOTALLY AWESOME!

EDIT2

here is the rank4 starly stuff

Level 76 Starly (Starly, Adamant, Sharp Beak, Brave Bird, FeatherDance, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Atk/Spd)
Aerial Ace vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 277, 295, 301 (IVs = 9–25)
Quick Attack vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 148, 154, 168, 171 (IVs = 11–16)
Brave Bird vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 552 (IVs = 0–25)

99, 103, 112, 114 & 185, 197, 201

99-117 & 177-209 (IVs = 16) -> 201, 197, 185 impossible
98-116 & 176-208 (IVs = 14 or 15) -> rand 97/100, 95/100, 89/100 -> all possible (also QA)
97-115 & 175-206 (IVs = 13) -> rand 98/100, 96/100, 90/100 -> possible (QA 114 & 99 impossible though)
97-115 & 174-205 (IVs = 12) -> 201, 197, 201 impossible
96-114 & 173-204 (IVs = 11) -> rand 99/100, 97/100, 91/100 -> all possible (also QA)

351-414 (IVs = 14 or 15) -> 368 possible (89/100)
345-406 (IVs = 11) -> 368 impossible (365 is 90/100 and 369 is 91/100)

Rank 4 Pokémon IVs = 14 or 15

I was wondering if this team would work well in the BT. I AM Terry. T. and as far as I know, it's passed 100. Currently 105. And I won't expect flaming. *points to Bozo*
~Epic Lead~

Latias@Choice Scarf
Modest
252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
Trick
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Right, I have reasons. The only reason I have more SpD is because special attackers are more common in the BT than physical (this changes around 3000 but this team can't get there in a million years. My goal is to beat Peterko anyway so I'm safe from that switch. Also note that special attackers run better moves than physical attackers anyway. Incase I get haxed by ScarfTaunt (Speed won't cut it as they (case reference Infernape/Absol) run 252 Speed EVs) I guess that's all I gotta explain.

Powerhouse

Scizor@Muscle Band
Impish
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Substitute
Aerial Ace
Full on good-team in 2 Pokémon. AA is for hax protection, and have you seen how many times Dual-Screening comes in in the late BT? Well, I've not really used a hax-proof team before, this will cut it, though. I added Speed for quicker BB/AA. It may not matter on BP, unless something lol happens. Impish is the only Defense I can use really, but don't sweat-this combo got TrapinchBarrier's team of Scizor, Torterra, and Arcanine to 1500 alone. That's why I elected him. So I could get the true power out of Scizor. I hope this guy helps out well.

Wrap up with more directness!

Feraligatr@Leftovers
Adamant
252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Aqua Jet
Earthquake
Boom. Two physical attackers, almost identical, adding great synenergy. This is the reason I selected Storm Rider, BTW. I tweaked their teams in a way I can't describe. Great synenergy, but an attacking downside. But then again, there's always a way to win with this team.

I'm not using BB on Scizor because Gatr does Heatran work.

@Above: Jesus Christ Terry. Bad enough that you had to post that shit on Serebii, but here? You were told that your team was crap on serebii, but now you continue on here. Just shut up, for the umpteenth time.

whether you consider this flaming or not (lol at not liking constructive criticism), ZOMGG!!!!!!1 Your feraligatr is hacked!!!!!!!!

anyway, you can't have dragon dance and aqua jet on the same feraligatr since no parent that learns AJ can also learn DD.

so, tell me, what does that say about your team? and the "fact" that someone has supposedly gone to 100 wins with it?

having said that, if aqua jet was replaced with something legal, like waterfall, i think this team would possibly do ok. i wouldnt be surprised if you could get 100, maybe 200, wins out of it, but it might take a few tries. lacking substitute on your sweepers will cost you at some stage, but perhaps having your trick lead capable of setting up and sweeping might help with that to some extent.

EDIT: hang on, you've added sub to scizor, but didnt change the wording (so it still refers to BB, dual screens, etc). something to note though with your comment about feraligatr doing heatran work though - the point is that once one of your sweepers is set up, you dont want to be switching it out. and before you complain that i am flaming you or something, i am giving you constructive criticism on your team - it's what we do here (helping people).

EDIT: had a funny situation this morning. tricked a random drifblim, who promptly tricked me back. (it got its own black sludge back, and i was returned my choice scarf.) i thought this might end up being one of those stall wars (like mean look, taunt, etc) but on the 2nd or 3rd turn it used will-o-wisp. so i think the best thing i could do was paralyze it, sacrifice latias, and then set salamence up.

note that this situation is an excellent reason for sub. without it TT's team would have been screwed (now he could do the same as i did, but set scizor up with sub blocking W-o-W). before, as we have said, the only hope for "countering" W-o-W is for latias to set up and sweep, but with black sludge in the mix, it loses 1/4 of its hp each turn - not enough time to effectively sweep.

I was wondering if this team would work well in the BT. I AM Terry. T. and as far as I know, it's passed 100. Currently 105. And I won't expect flaming. *points to Bozo*
~Epic Lead~

Latias@Choice Scarf
Modest
252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
Trick
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Right, I have reasons. The only reason I have more SpD is because special attackers are more common in the BT than physical (this changes around 3000 but this team can't get there in a million years. My goal is to beat Peterko anyway so I'm safe from that switch. Also note that special attackers run better moves than physical attackers anyway. Incase I get haxed by ScarfTaunt (Speed won't cut it as they (case reference Infernape/Absol) run 252 Speed EVs) I guess that's all I gotta explain.

Powerhouse

Scizor@Muscle Band
Impish
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Substitute
Aerial Ace
Full on good-team in 2 Pokémon. AA is for hax protection, and have you seen how many times Dual-Screening comes in in the late BT? Well, I've not really used a hax-proof team before, this will cut it, though. I added Speed for quicker BB/AA. It may not matter on BP, unless something lol happens. Impish is the only Defense I can use really, but don't sweat-this combo got TrapinchBarrier's team of Scizor, Torterra, and Arcanine to 1500 alone. That's why I elected him. So I could get the true power out of Scizor. I hope this guy helps out well.

Feraligatr@Leftovers
Adamant
252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Aqua Jet
Earthquake
Boom. Two physical attackers, almost identical, adding great synenergy. This is the reason I selected Storm Rider, BTW. I tweaked their teams in a way I can't describe. Great synenergy, but an attacking downside. But then again, there's always a way to win with this team.

I'm not using BB on Scizor because Gatr does Heatran work.
This team is idiotic, hacked and will get nowhere in the frontier.

ok i'm baffled at why scizor has AA. you say that it's to get through evasion hax but what mpurpose does it serve? no purpose at all, give him x-scissors.

he's using it to be able to hit random stuff that's locked into double team/minimize. btw, can anybody tell me what my team needs to watch out for?

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252/252 SPATK/speed
hydro pump
trick
thunderbolt
ice beam

Latias @lum berry
timid
252/252 HP/speed
calm mind
rest
substitute
dragon pulse

registeel @leftovers
careful
252HP/180DEF/76SPDEF
curse
substitute
rest
iron head

I know fire types in general can give my sweepers trouble, but that's why I went for starmie as a lead, so I could hydro pump them to kingdom come(once I'm set up they have no chance)

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Rank5
Level 78 Linoone (Linoone, Jolly, Silk Scarf, Slash, Gunk Shot, Charm, Last Resort, Atk/Spd)
Gunk Shot vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 328, 332, 371, 379
Slash vs 36 defense Chansey -> damage: 385
IV = 12 (323-380) -> impossible
IV = 13 (324-382) -> impossible
IV = 14 (326-384) -> impossible
IV = 15 (328-387) -> 328, 332, 371, 379 possible, also 385 slash damage

so yeah, rank 5 Pokémon IVs = 15
That's actually IV15 or IV16 since that Linoone has 175 attack for both IV15 and IV16.

he's using it to be able to hit random stuff that's locked into double team/minimize.
no, he's using it to wrap up with more directness!!!!!

seriously though, its probably so that when set up, if the second/third poke has an item like bright powder or lax insence, you can counter the hax.

btw, can anybody tell me what my team needs to watch out for?

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252/252 SPATK/speed
hydro pump
trick
thunderbolt
ice beam

Latias @lum berry
timid
252/252 HP/speed
calm mind
rest
substitute
dragon pulse

registeel @leftovers
careful
252HP/180DEF/76SPDEF
curse
substitute
rest
iron head

I know fire types in general can give my sweepers trouble, but that's why I went for starmie as a lead, so I could hydro pump them to kingdom come(once I'm set up they have no chance)
interesting choice of a trick lead. normally i wouldnt recommend having attacks on it. once youve tricked them, you dont want to kill them, or else you've just wasted your scarf, and cant use the trick strategy on their second poke. alternatively, if you use an attack on turn 1, chances are you will have to switch on turn 2, and that would mean sending in registeel/latias on something that is not locked into any particular move.

i would also definitely recommend surf over hydro pump. 100% accuracy is extremely important if you want a high streak. missing 1/5 times means 1/5 times you face a troublesome (you say) fire pokemon, you will not KO it, and it might kill starmie and then start posing problems.

you might want to consider chesto berry for latias rather than lum. if you get burned, poisoned, paralyzed, you can rest it off and wake up, whereas lum gives you the instant heal, but your berry is gone and you havent recovered any hp. if you get frozen its a different story, but really you should have registeel in if your foe is using an ice move.

overall though it seems like a good choice of pokemon. registeel and latias nicely cover starmie's weaknesses (and therefore the most common moves it will attract), and they also cover eachother's weaknesses well too. the only thing is i would maybe give starmie something more like:

• trick, thunderwave, recover, flash
  • 252 HP / 106 Def / 116 Sp Def / 36 Speed
just so it can incapacitate the lead as much as possible. the EVs give it 154 - can outspeed no-speed base 80's after tricking the scarf (like dragonite) and also max speed netural base 100's when noone has a scarf (like salamence). the other EV's are for best defenses, with spdef > def so that any random download porygon will get useless attack boosts. the defensive stats will be 167/120/118, not quite as good as latias which has 187/133/150 at the same speed.

That's actually IV15 or IV16 since that Linoone has 175 attack for both IV15 and IV16.
exactly. so how can you get differences between say 13-14, when the attack stat will be the same in both cases?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
exactly. so how can you get differences between say 13-14, when the attack stat will be the same in both cases?
Not all Pokemon will have the same stat for both IV13 and IV14. You just need to fiddle around with your level and what you fight until you find something that works. With some luck, the Pokemon you want to fight is in Dragon or some other type that doesn't have very many Pokemon so they are a bit easier to find.

Not all Pokemon will have the same stat for both IV13 and IV14. You just need to fiddle around with your level and what you fight until you find something that works. With some luck, the Pokemon you want to fight is in Dragon or some other type that doesn't have very many Pokemon so they are a bit easier to find.
hmmmm.... i think i messed that one up. i think its the same for 30-31 or 28-29 or 26-27 etc. this is just from messing with EV spreads for level 50 pokes. maybe somewhere around the middle of 0-31 it changes from even-even+1 to odd-odd+1 or something. oh well, there's little difference!

Doubles is so annoying with Trick Room everywhere. Even though there are only 10 total users, 2 of them are ghosts and if they ever get it off you can be mortally screwed. My rain team has lost twice in a row because of Trick Room and since all my pokemon (in the rain) are >178 speed. Partially it's my fault because I've faked out the wrong poke but still Trick Room is soooo annoying.

I haven't even reached the 100 battles yet (i'm 70 atm), but i noticed that i was still using Bozo's Salamence XD So i thought that maybe it could somehow handle with OHKOers by using protect instead of earthquake (assuming that the BT hadn't decided to end your streak). If it's the same Gliscor that owned Peterko, it will use 2 Guillotines with <lead>, and if it misses just one time (not counting a second protect), maybe sala will end up dead but gliscor will run out of PP's. And with every other OHKO user is pretty much the same, but i haven't seen anyone that doesn't miss even one OHKO move.
Then you can be lucky and t-wave them and protect + sub.
Just for you to know, mi previous back up idea was Moltres, since it has pressure and covers Registeel's weaknesses. But i'm not sure now if it will work, anny suggestion is accepted!

Oh, and also remember that i'm new to battle tower TrickScarf team (and to 45+ streaks xD) so i could have forgotten something...

Peterko

Never give up!
hmmmm.... i think i messed that one up. i think its the same for 30-31 or 28-29 or 26-27 etc. this is just from messing with EV spreads for level 50 pokes. maybe somewhere around the middle of 0-31 it changes from even-even+1 to odd-odd+1 or something. oh well, there's little difference!
Bozo: you´re (maybe) still in your lv.50 mindset, the hall is different. Basically you can face pokémon ranging from level 14 (lv.30 challenger, rank 1, battle #1) up to level 100 (lv.100 challenger vs argenta)

or I misunderstood what you meant...anyway, challenger lv.100 faces a level 78 pokémon in rank5, that´s a pretty high level and most IVs are distinguishable, unfortunately linoone had to be a bitch and have the same attack stat with 15 and 16 IVs lol

I´ll get another chansey from my diamond with a lot less defense to maximize the damage from pokémon in the lower ranks

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i would suggest you save your time pinpointing the IVs of rank 4-5 pokemon...they will almost never be relevant because you will have them outlevelled by at least 10 when you're at battle ~155, at which point your pokemon is facing types it matches up well against if you did the harder types earlier like you're supposed to. i would actually be more interested in the pokemon trainers can use in the tower from battles 15-42 since that actually matters sometimes when you want to make the best moves possible

Peterko

Never give up!
yes from the view of going for 170 or further, the only thing that matters is rank10 IVs and also the level of rank10 in the, let´s say, first 4 types (starting with the worst matchups to get the biggest possible difference in stats)

I don´t remember it too good, but battles >171 are always lv.96 if you challenge at lv.100?

also I´m doing it for the sake of research (knowledge), I mean the IVs...as I said, what´s more important for me is the level at #10, #20, #30 & #40 (also maybe #48 & #49)...

it´s interesting that "we" (I mean everyone but the two of you that are best in the hall) didn´t know about the IV stuff in the hall (although it was kind of predictable that IVs were chaning, on the other hand why would they if level change) a til few days ago...

about the tower, I think that´s already known...(31, 18 & 21), (15 & 18), (12 & 15), (9 & 12) ...not? oh wait that was eme? I´m mixing here something :/

Hey I have a question about how the battle tower uses different sets of pokemon. Is the battle tower more likely to use the higher sets like #3 and #4 of a pokemon if you're on a higher streak, like above 49? Or at a point is the tower equally likely to use any of the 4 sets of a pokemon? I used to think that they only used the higher sets on high streaks, but after losing to Milotic #1 on a streak of 78 I'm not so sure.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
haha, i purposely kept my hall knowledge from all of you guys when i asked tre about hall IVs/trainers in early july, "sorry"!

here is my rationale, as i PMed it to TRE on july 10:

Also, to answer your question, no, no one's mentioned this before, which is pretty much entirely the reason I PMed you about it instead of asking "you" in the thread. I have 5,889 battle points as of a minute ago, and over 4,000 of those are from the Battle Hall, probably more. I mean I've only lost in the Factory 7-8 times, Arcade 5-6 times, Castle twice, and Tower is about 9-10 times now. I lose in the Hall 1-2 times a day, every day, mainly because of hax and partially because it's so boring and one "misclick" due to spamming A forever and your streak is over unlike with 3-on-3 where you have a much bigger safety net (most notably I have surfed Altaria with Specs Kingdra at 185 and TAed Rotom with Specs PZ at 166). So call it selfishness, but if anyone else noticed that the pokes in the Hall may not be 31 IVs, they either would have posted it or kept it to themselves.

More likely is that they have not noticed...and certainly even if they have, no one has posted a decent record over 205 in like two months (I've broken 205 three times in the last two months and have broken 170 probably 24 times all time, sunday night to Monday night I broke 170 three times). To put it another way, if anyone cared about the Hall and crucial details like this as much as I did they would post about it or have a better record than the ones posted over two months ago or "they already know" (unlikely).
when paired with the fact that i still spent a good two months chasing a phantom "record" of 302 even though i had the real record with pz before i even PMed TRE, you can understand

Peterko

Never give up!
lol kind of a comparative advantage, it´s fine

I think noone else played the hall "seriously" (like some people do the tower now) but you two anyway (no offense to others that did)

also I had to read TRE´s post record post twice to understand it (my experience in the hall is lol)...I get now that you need 2 sets over 170 (one for 10 and one for 7 types)

@CBshuckle: smogon is your best friend when it comes to the tower, you should read the first post, all of it...

if you´re lazy, read this

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2159854&postcount=4

and then this

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2278079&postcount=19

how you deal with that information is up to you

Wait, feraligatr's hacked?
Eon, STFU

EDIT:
~Epic Lead~

Latias@Choice Scarf
Modest
252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
Trick
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind

Powerhouse

Scizor@Muscle Band
Impish
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Substitute
Aerial Ace

Feraligatr@Leftovers
Adamant
252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Waterfall

Earthquake

I have to remember my sets.

no, he's using it to wrap up with more directness!!!!!

seriously though, its probably so that when set up, if the second/third poke has an item like bright powder or lax insence, you can counter the hax.

interesting choice of a trick lead. normally i wouldnt recommend having attacks on it. once youve tricked them, you dont want to kill them, or else you've just wasted your scarf, and cant use the trick strategy on their second poke. alternatively, if you use an attack on turn 1, chances are you will have to switch on turn 2, and that would mean sending in registeel/latias on something that is not locked into any particular move.
I have attacks on there for early rounds of the battle tower, since it seems so opposed to letting me even get to Palmer the second time >.>

i would also definitely recommend surf over hydro pump. 100% accuracy is extremely important if you want a high streak. missing 1/5 times means 1/5 times you face a troublesome (you say) fire pokemon, you will not KO it, and it might kill starmie and then start posing problems.

Yeah, I did this almost at the same time as you put this post up, mostly because I got creamed by a charizard, the exact pokemon I wanted to take out with starmie
you might want to consider chesto berry for latias rather than lum. if you get burned, poisoned, paralyzed, you can rest it off and wake up, whereas lum gives you the instant heal, but your berry is gone and you havent recovered any hp. if you get frozen its a different story, but really you should have registeel in if your foe is using an ice move.

I like lum so I can't be haxed with FP all the time.
overall though it seems like a good choice of pokemon. registeel and latias nicely cover starmie's weaknesses (and therefore the most common moves it will attract), and they also cover eachother's weaknesses well too. the only thing is i would maybe give starmie something more like:

• trick, thunderwave, recover, flash
  • 252 HP / 106 Def / 116 Sp Def / 36 Speed
thanks for the set suggestion. I have that moveset as my new set(except surf>recover) and I'll get those EVs on later
just so it can incapacitate the lead as much as possible. the EVs give it 154 - can outspeed no-speed base 80's after tricking the scarf (like dragonite) and also max speed netural base 100's when noone has a scarf (like salamence). the other EV's are for best defenses, with spdef > def so that any random download porygon will get useless attack boosts. the defensive stats will be 167/120/118, not quite as good as latias which has 187/133/150 at the same speed.
The only reason I chose Starmie>Latias is for his natural cure ability. that way if I get parylyzed I can switch out and back in later if a fire type ruins my Registeel sweep.

I just can't seem to get to palmer the second time :/ I've already lost 5 times to random crits followed up by stuff I couldn't beat without the sub. this is what happened in the latest run

Gengar used ShadowBall
Registeel's substitute disapeared
Registeel used substitute.

ok, I'm at +6, behind a fully healthy sub, and know that Gengar's shadow ball only 2KOs it, so it's time to sweep

Gengar used shadowball
CRITICAL HIT!
Registeel's sub disapeared
registeel used iron head
Gengar fainted

ok, in comes Probopass, and I'm getting the feeling that I'm done for(starmie's dead to shadow ball after tricking). Probopass used earth pwoer to finnish registeel. ok, so I bring in Latias for the 2KO, take a hefty amount in return and hope that he has something bad next. it's Gardevoir :( shadow ball ands me while dragon pulse does only 1/3 damage. I'll give it another go later today

Bozo: you´re (maybe) still in your lv.50 mindset, the hall is different. Basically you can face pokémon ranging from level 14 (lv.30 challenger, rank 1, battle #1) up to level 100 (lv.100 challenger vs argenta)
ah yes, you are totally correct. i'd forgotten you get to face all kind of random levels.

actually, when i did the hall i used a level 50 salamence, and im pretty sure everything was level 50 once i got beyond 170.

when i was facing lower level pokes i didnt really "care" about IV's - i just knew what i could outspeed, and basically hoped for the best - very little 2x outrage could not deal with, and with focus sash, there were only certain kinds of hax that could beat me. like jumpman, i lost a fair few times in the hall, the most notable irritations against the dusknoir (or was it dusclops) that kept getting a QC with ice punch......

I don´t remember it too good, but battles >171 are always lv.96 if you challenge at lv.100? \
hmmm yeah, gotta try that.

@lightsabre - i think something must have been going wrong if your registeel was at that low health against a gengar. or it must have got a ridiculous number of crits??

it's 2KOing my subs so I have to sub, curse, sub, curse, sub ,curse, ect. and then the EP knocked me out. but yeah, Gar got several crits as well

So, I guess the question to ask is... why weren't you using amnesia, so it wouldn't 2HKO your subs?

EDIT: Oh, nvm, I see you have Rest over Amnesia... I personally think Amnesia > Rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)