Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

@CBshuckle: smogon is your best friend when it comes to the tower, you should read the first post, all of it...

if you´re lazy, read this

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2159854&postcount=4

and then this

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2278079&postcount=19

how you deal with that information is up to you
Oh... my... wow that is a crapload of info, wonder why I never noticed that before. Thanks a bunch, that's sure to help tons since I can at least narrow down which pokemon I could be facing.

Also, puplip, your team is quite outclassed by nearly every other trick team plus your made up facts don't help your appearance.

hey guys im up to 63 wins in the platinum battle tower singles
=D
anything you think i should change to this?
latias: trick / t wave / charm / recover
scizor: sub / s dance / b punch / super power
mence: sub / d dance / e quake / outrage

ill post more on their ivs and evs once my wining streak comes to an end
its just the moves im worried about right now
or posibly something else besides mence

where would I fit it onto the moveset?
ah, my mistake - i assumed you were using exactly the same moveset! amnesia really is amazing. by the time you have set up with +6/+6 defenses you are basically always gaining more from leftovers than you are losing through being attacked. this is for the first pokemon anyway, when you are basically always going to be resisting the move. by the time the second pokemon comes in you should have a very healthy sub (a sub at +6/+6 is like hiding behind an entire registeel lol) so even if it uses very powerful STAB supereffective moves, you can usually KO it and still have your sub intact for the 3rd poke.

it's amazing that you really hardly ever need a recovery move. unless you get many crits, you will almost always be back to full health by the time you finish dealing with their lead, just from leftovers.

there's one or two exceptions (eg abomasnow leads) but these are dealt with on a case by case basis, and you can generally get around them unless they decide to hit you with severe hax.

hey guys im up to 63 wins in the platinum battle tower singles
=D
anything you think i should change to this?
latias: trick / t wave / charm / recover
scizor: sub / s dance / b punch / super power
mence: sub / d dance / e quake / outrage

ill post more on their ivs and evs once my wining streak comes to an end
its just the moves im worried about right now
or posibly something else besides mence
its a pretty solid team. very similar to jumpman's d/p team (which apparently is "pretty ok" hehe). the only thing i'd worry about it scizor's staying power. if the opponent uses a strong ice move, you really will need to deal with it quickly or else it will slaughter the rest of your team. i think many STAB ice beams will KO scizor's sub. still, obviously jumpman managed to work around that, and achieve a lot of success. also i'd be worried about strong dragon type attacks.

you'll need to get a lot more than 63 wins under your belt before you start to get the feeling of how the team is working, and what you think are its strengths/weaknesses. really you've only faced 14 "proper" battles. good luck with it though - i'd be interested to see how a team like this does in platinum :)

ok. I'll give Amnesia>rest. really I've only ever used rest once, and that was when I just fealt like rubbing it in the AIs face(and promptly got critted for it lol), so amnesia sounds good. the biggest problem with it is that my opponents will run out of power points before I finnish setting up

Well, i lost at my 91st battle :(

Team:

Latios@Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Satk/252 Speed
IV: HP 22 Atk 25 Def 27 Satk 27 Sdef 31 Speed 27
Relaxed (Hey, it was random so i guess i'm lucky!)
Trick
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse

Registeel@Leftovers
252 HP/100 Atk/146 Def/12 Sdef
IV: HP 31 Atk 31 Def 31 Satk 20 Sdef 31 Speed 11 (I hacked de Atk, it was 21 or something, i don't like to do that but oh well)
Hardy
Substitute
Amnesia
Curse
Iron Head

Salamence@Lum Berry
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Sdef
IV: HP 31 Atk 31 Def 30 Satk 31 Sdef 13 Speed 25 (Not perfect, but Emerald I love you!)
Naughty (It was designed to be a mixed sweeper xd)
Substitute
Protect
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Latios vs Miltank
Trick, Rock Slide
Thunder Wave, Rock Slide
Switch

Registeel vs Miltank
(basically, Sub +6/+6/-6)
I finished it after she attacked me a lot of times.

Registeel vs Rapidash
Flare Blitz (sub broken), Iron Head (Rapidash at 20/30% HP)
Hypnosis, fast asleep
Flare Blitz critical (!) Registeel KO, Rapidash KO

Latios vs Electrode
Signal Beam, KO

Salamence vs Electrode
Protect, t-bolt
sub, t-bolt
(I was fearing (and hoping) an Explosion, i was on the bus so i hadn't the list with me)
T-bolt, Dragon Dance
Outrage... Focus sash (!), t-bolt, Salamence KO

:(

hey guys, are there any possibilities that Steelix, Registeel, Aggron and/or Bastiodon are on the same team in BT? i never faced one (trainer) before because this could pose a threat vs my team. i'm using a salamence with outrage, roost, DD and sub. i was thinking of replacing roost with earthquake since it OHKOs them after a few DDs. any suggestions?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
i would actually be more interested in the pokemon trainers can use in the tower from battles 15-42 since that actually matters sometimes when you want to make the best moves possible
While we're on the theme on revealing information we've been sitting on for months, I actually have most of that information. <_<

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BF Battles 7-41 Numbers.txt

Set 7 and Set 8 are the trainers that makes up the 100 trainers you fight from Battler 49 onward.

I'm still working on the Set 1 trainers. I originally intended to find all the Set 1 trainers first but I decided to just release what I have since it's taking too long.

As a reminder, which set a trainer comes from depends on what battle number you are on in your current streak:

Battles 1-6 - Set 1
Battle 7 - Set 2
Battles 8-13 - Set 1 or Set 2
Battle 14 - Set 3
Battles 15-20 - Set 2 or Set 3
Battle 21 - Set 4
Battle 22-27 - Set 3 or Set 4
Battle 28 - Set 5
Battle 29-34 - Set 4 or Set 5
Battle 35 - Set 6
Battle 36-41 - Set 5 or Set 6
Battle 42 - Set 7
Battle 43-48 - Set 6 or Set 7
Battle 49 - Set 8
Battles 50+ - Set 7 or Set 8
Pattern loops at Battle 1793.

Here are the general patterns each trainer follows:

Set 2 Trainers

Battle Girl Aileen - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Battle Girl Alta - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Battle Girl Ingrid - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Battle Girl Kodi - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Battle Girl Trina - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types

Black Belt Clement - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Black Belt Harris - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Black Belt Jericho - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Black Belt Mason - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types
Black Belt Soren - Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ground, Rock and Steel Types

Cyclist (F) Kaya - Tier Two, Set 1, 151-200
Cyclist (F) Kaylene - Tier Two, Set 1, 151-200

Cyclist (M) Gaspar - Tier Two, Set 1, 151-200
Cyclist (M) Ignatio - Tier Two, Set 1, 151-200

Socialite Barbara - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250
Socialite Carmen - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250
Socialite Isabel - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250

Veteran Beck - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250
Veteran Eric - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250
Veteran Padgett - Tier Two, Set 1, 201-250
-------
Set 3 Trainers

Clown Francis - Normal, Fire, Water, Psychic, and Ghost Types
Clown Prescot - Normal, Fire, Water, Psychic, and Ghost Types

Gentleman Giliam - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350
Gentleman Zante - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350

Pokemon Breeder (F) Adriana - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350
Pokemon Breeder (F) Sonya - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350
Pokemon Breeder (F) Tatyana - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350

Pokemon Breeder (M) Baldwin - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350
Pokemon Breeder (M) Derrell - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350
Pokemon Breeder (M) Howard - Tier Two, Set 2, 301-350

Psychic (F) Amelia - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark Types and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt
Psychic (F) Celine - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt
Psychic (F) Jillian - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt

Psychic (M) Alpha - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt
Psychic (M) Beta - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt
Psychic (M) Essie - Normal, Electric, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and things that know Psychic/Dream Eater/Zen Headbutt

Roughneck Rainier - Rock, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and Steel types
Roughneck Rodney - Rock, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and Steel types

Scientist Brad - Tier Two, Set 2, 251-300
Scientist Jean - Tier Two, Set 2, 251-300

-------
Set 4 Trainers

Ace Trainer (F) Kim - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486
Ace Trainer (F) Macy - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486
Ace Trainer (F) Faun - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486

Ace Trainer (M) Stavros - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486
Ace Trainer (M) Yardley - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486
Ace Trainer (M) Zane - Tier Three, Set 1, 419-486

Dragon Tamer Emmett - Dragon and "Dragonlike" Pokemon
Dragon Tamer Erich - Dragon and "Dragonlike" Pokemon
Dragon Tamer Harold - Dragon and "Dragonlike" Pokemon
Dragon Tamer Herman - Dragon and "Dragonlike" Pokemon

Ice Ace Trainer (F) Daniela - Normal, Water, and Ice Types
Ice Ace Trainer (F) Pamela - Normal, Water, and Ice Types

Ice Ace Trainer (M) Cruz - Normal, Water, and Ice Types
Ice Ace Trainer (M) Garvey - Normal, Water, and Ice Types

Pokemon Ranger (F) Evita - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418
Pokemon Ranger (F) Mena - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418
Pokemon Ranger (F) Mercy - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418

Pokemon Ranger (M) Deacon - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418
Pokemon Ranger (M) Doyle - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418
Pokemon Ranger (M) Duke - Tier Three, Set 1, 351-418

------
Set 5 Trainers

Bug Catcher Camui - Grass and Bug Types
Bug Catcher Orlando - Grass and Bug Types

Idol Kiley - Normal and Grass Types
Idol Utah - Normal and Grass Types

Lady Amory - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586
Lady Juliana - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586

Lass Karissa - Tier Three, Set 2, 487-536
Lass Liliana - Tier Three, Set 2, 487-536

Ninja Boy Vance - Tier Three, Set 2, 587-622
Ninja Boy Zack - Tier Three, Set 2, 587-622

Pokekid Kyla - Tier Three, Set 2, 587-622
Pokekid Ruby - Tier Three, Set 2, 587-622

Rich Boy Daulton - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586
Rich Boy Hanson - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586

School Kid (F) Chelsie - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586
School Kid (F) Regina - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586

School Kid (M) Jonas - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586
School Kid (M) Keon - Tier Three, Set 2, 537-586

Youngster Kaden - Tier Three, Set 2, 487-536
Youngster Kolby - Tier Three, Set 2, 487-536
------
Set 6 Trainers

Bird Keeper McKenna - Flying Types (+Flygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z)
Bird Keeper Sally - Flying Types (+Flygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z)

Collector Arnold - Tier Three, Set 3, 691-758
Collector Marquez - Tier Three, Set 3, 691-758

Fisherman Farley - Water Types
Fisherman Mark - Water Types

Guitarist Chase - Electric, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark Types
Guitarist Fred - Electric, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark Types

Hiker Monty - Ground, Rock, and Fighting Types
Hiker Rocky - Ground, Rock, and Fighting Types

Jogger Colt - Tier Three, Set 3, 623-690
Jogger Tory - Tier Three, Set 3, 623-690

PI Neil - OHKO Attacks, Explosion, and Destiny Bond
PI Sergei - OHKO Attacks, Explosion, and Destiny Bond

Policeman Quincy - Normal, Fighting and Steel Types
Policeman Reggie - Normal, Fighting and Steel Types

Rune Maniac Penn - Ground. Rock, Steel and Types
Rune Maniac Samuel - Ground. Rock, Steel and Types

Sailor Casper - Normal, Water and Fighting Types
Sailor Derrian - Normal, Water and Fighting Types

ah, my mistake - i assumed you were using exactly the same moveset! amnesia really is amazing. by the time you have set up with +6/+6 defenses you are basically always gaining more from leftovers than you are losing through being attacked. this is for the first pokemon anyway, when you are basically always going to be resisting the move. by the time the second pokemon comes in you should have a very healthy sub (a sub at +6/+6 is like hiding behind an entire registeel lol) so even if it uses very powerful STAB supereffective moves, you can usually KO it and still have your sub intact for the 3rd poke.

it's amazing that you really hardly ever need a recovery move. unless you get many crits, you will almost always be back to full health by the time you finish dealing with their lead, just from leftovers.

there's one or two exceptions (eg abomasnow leads) but these are dealt with on a case by case basis, and you can generally get around them unless they decide to hit you with severe hax.

its a pretty solid team. very similar to jumpman's d/p team (which apparently is "pretty ok" hehe). the only thing i'd worry about it scizor's staying power. if the opponent uses a strong ice move, you really will need to deal with it quickly or else it will slaughter the rest of your team. i think many STAB ice beams will KO scizor's sub. still, obviously jumpman managed to work around that, and achieve a lot of success. also i'd be worried about strong dragon type attacks.

you'll need to get a lot more than 63 wins under your belt before you start to get the feeling of how the team is working, and what you think are its strengths/weaknesses. really you've only faced 14 "proper" battles. good luck with it though - i'd be interested to see how a team like this does in platinum :)
ice types havnt given me any trouble actually
ive faced a number of them and they didnt do alot
what gives me trouble is special sweepers

ok. I'll give Amnesia>rest. really I've only ever used rest once, and that was when I just fealt like rubbing it in the AIs face(and promptly got critted for it lol), so amnesia sounds good. the biggest problem with it is that my opponents will run out of power points before I finnish setting up
if your opponent uses a:

• 15+ pp move, you will be fully set up before they start to struggle.
  • 10 pp move, you will be set up by about the 2nd struggle
  • 5 pp move, you will be able to get to +4/+4/+4 with sub if their hp is div by 4, or +4/+4/+6 with sub or +5/+5/+4 with sub if their hp is not divisible by 4
so no matter what you can get mostly set up. with 5 pp moves it also depends - if they use blizzard, i usually sub first, so i might get 1 less turn of setup. if they used draco meteor, then latias will be KO'd and so you get one extra turn because you didnt need to switch. sometimes i actually just use latias to stall out the 5 pp move if i dont want to face it. eg:

• trick. something used stone edge.
  • recover/charm/thunderwave/etc until their PP is gone.
then i do one of two things:

• trick again, and then again to lock them onto a different move, or
  • let them get down to their last struggle, and trick them just before they faint themselves. you now have your choice scarf back, and can begin by tricking the second opponent. you've sometimes got to do this anyway with moves like mean look!

Well, i lost at my 91st battle :(

Team:

Latios@Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Satk/252 Speed
IV: HP 22 Atk 25 Def 27 Satk 27 Sdef 31 Speed 27
Relaxed (Hey, it was random so i guess i'm lucky!)
Trick
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse

Registeel@Leftovers
252 HP/100 Atk/146 Def/12 Sdef
IV: HP 31 Atk 31 Def 31 Satk 20 Sdef 31 Speed 11 (I hacked de Atk, it was 21 or something, i don't like to do that but oh well)
Hardy
Substitute
Amnesia
Curse
Iron Head

Salamence@Lum Berry
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Sdef
IV: HP 31 Atk 31 Def 30 Satk 31 Sdef 13 Speed 25 (Not perfect, but Emerald I love you!)
Naughty (It was designed to be a mixed sweeper xd)
Substitute
Protect
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Latios vs Miltank
Trick, Rock Slide
Thunder Wave, Rock Slide
Switch

Registeel vs Miltank
(basically, Sub +6/+6/-6)
I finished it after she attacked me a lot of times.

Registeel vs Rapidash
Flare Blitz (sub broken), Iron Head (Rapidash at 20/30% HP)
Hypnosis, fast asleep
Flare Blitz critical (!) Registeel KO, Rapidash KO

Latios vs Electrode
Signal Beam, KO

Salamence vs Electrode
Protect, t-bolt
sub, t-bolt
(I was fearing (and hoping) an Explosion, i was on the bus so i hadn't the list with me)
T-bolt, Dragon Dance
Outrage... Focus sash (!), t-bolt, Salamence KO

:(
if your registeel's sub was low enough that it disappeared after rapidash's flare blitz, you should have used sub that turn. also, i think protect is really just hampering you. you dont have any noncontact moves, so you'll be susceptable to getting burned/paralyzed by stuff like raichu/manectric/electrode/magmortar, ie things you should be able to nail with earthquake. you'll also have problems when you lose your lum berry when switching into a status move. you'll have to hope for a 3 turn outrage, and no focus sash etc.

hey guys, are there any possibilities that Steelix, Registeel, Aggron and/or Bastiodon are on the same team in BT? i never faced one (trainer) before because this could pose a threat vs my team. i'm using a salamence with outrage, roost, DD and sub. i was thinking of replacing roost with earthquake since it OHKOs them after a few DDs. any suggestions?
certainly - you might face 3 of them lol!! and for the same reason as above, i think EQ is a better option than roost.

i had a very "pleasent" battle this morning. lead meta4 gets 3 attack rises - registeel makes it through fully set up with a sub and about 1/2 hp. next poke is blaziken4 which i find difficult because i always activate blaze and end up with no sub in the end. 3rd poke is heracross4 - had to face it naked with 54hp (knew blaziken was going to die from recoil previous turn, but my hp was 43 so i couldnt make a sub - needed 47+). EQ didnt KO me lucklily.....

hey Grissom, your sig is backwards >.>
i know, right?

certainly - you might face 3 of them lol!! and for the same reason as above, i think EQ is a better option than roost.
that would definitely end my streak (except if i'm lucky ie. outrage hits after confuse) because you can 2HKO yourself with +6 in Atk :( (you know how hax works in BT! lol) so yeah, i'm gonna try eq or use chomp instead dunno

certainly - you might face 3 of them lol!! and for the same reason as above, i think EQ is a better option than roost..
Actually, that's not the case. Registeel only appears on Legendary-only teams, so you won't see it along with Aggron etc. You could certainly face the others you mentioned on the same team, though... quite likely due to the type-groupings used by the various trainer classes.

By the way, don't mess with Cyclists. That goes for the Tower and in real life too.

Also, I saved an interesting battle where I could've lost if it weren't for Slaking's Truant ability. Registeel died to 2 consecutive EQ crits (first one on the Sub), so I had to face Giga Impact Slaking with... my dragon. But I'd like to note that keeping your Trick lead alive is really crucial sometimes, as in this battle I used my almost-dead lead (not revealed yet) to Thunder Wave Slaking, and I managed to get 3 Flashes due to positive hax. The number of this battle was very close to my highest Tower record, so I was thinking it didn't want me to exceed it or something.

Actually, that's not the case. Registeel only appears on Legendary-only teams, so you won't see it along with Aggron etc. You could certainly face the others you mentioned on the same team, though... quite likely due to the type-groupings used by the various trainer classes.
but couldnt they all appear on a policemans team? or ruin maniac maybe? or do those teams not have legendaries?

you could certainly still face aggron+bastiodon+steelix though, right?

By the way, don't mess with Cyclists. That goes for the Tower and in real life too.

Also, I saved an interesting battle where I could've lost if it weren't for Slaking's Truant ability. Registeel died to 2 consecutive EQ crits (first one on the Sub), so I had to face Giga Impact Slaking with... my dragon. But I'd like to note that keeping your Trick lead alive is really crucial sometimes, as in this battle I used my almost-dead lead (not revealed yet) to Thunder Wave Slaking, and I managed to get 3 Flashes due to positive hax. The number of this battle was very close to my highest Tower record, so I was thinking it didn't want me to exceed it or something.
awesome man!!!!! go for gold ^^

i'm at a spot somewhere near half of my previous best, so hopefully soon i will be chasing the new #3 :)

also yeah, two things:

1. slaking can be awesome to set up on. if he KO's one of your pokes, his next turn is free for setting up a sub. you can stat up on his truant moves, but if you can paralyze him, you might just get more opportunities.
  2. totally - keeping your tricker alive is so helpful for this reason exactly :)

am waiting for an opportunity to reply to your PM (have read it already).

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While we're on the theme on revealing information we've been sitting on for months, I actually have most of that information. <_<
hahaha

Team Rocket Elite said:
I'm still working on the Set 1 trainers. I originally intended to find all the Set 1 trainers first but I decided to just release what I have since it's taking too long.
umm, maybe the psypoke list could help you? I think they have all the trainer names and their pokémon

Team Rocket Elite said:
As a reminder, which set a trainer comes from depends on what battle number you are on in your current streak:

Battles 1-6 - Set 1
Battle 7 - Set 2
Battles 8-13 - Set 1 or Set 2
Battle 14 - Set 3
Battles 15-20 - Set 2 or Set 3
Battle 21 - Set 4 -> here you meant Thorton
Battle 22-27 - Set 3 or Set 4
Battle 28 - Set 5
Battle 29-34 - Set 4 or Set 5
Battle 35 - Set 6
Battle 36-41 - Set 5 or Set 6
Battle 42 - Set 7
Battle 43-48 - Set 6 or Set 7
Battle 49 - Set 8 -> Thorton, as well
Battles 50+ - Set 7 or Set 8
Pattern loops at Battle 1793. -> haha nice touch
just minor nitpicks, sorry

Team Rocket Elite said:
Here are the general patterns each trainer follows:
awesome, as always...I´m one of the persons that appreciate it a lot, as I know how painful it is to gather stuff like this

EDIT: lol the two aussie registeel club dudes are climbing up the ladder, that´s cute :D
good luck

I´m breeding something in emerald...wow it´s been a while since the last time I did that ._.

but couldnt they all appear on a policemans team? or ruin maniac maybe? or do those teams not have legendaries?

you could certainly still face aggron+bastiodon+steelix though, right?
I've definitely never seen Registeel on any team other than legendary-only, and my statement was based on using a Ctrl+F search on the 100 Trainers post, finding that Registeel only appears once in the legends group. Yeah, I think it would be quite likely to fight all three pokes you mentioned. After all, there are trainers that focus on Steel-types...

awesome man!!!!! go for gold ^^

i'm at a spot somewhere near half of my previous best, so hopefully soon i will be chasing the new #3 :)

also yeah, two things:

1. slaking can be awesome to set up on. if he KO's one of your pokes, his next turn is free for setting up a sub. you can stat up on his truant moves, but if you can paralyze him, you might just get more opportunities.
  2. totally - keeping your tricker alive is so helpful for this reason exactly :)

am waiting for an opportunity to reply to your PM (have read it already).
Okay, I'll try... sometime before Christmas would be nice! But that's only if I don't lose. I probably shouldn't say this after seeing Peterko's statement about Gliscor always using Counter, but............ "I haven't faced many PIs so far!"

Yeah, I love Slaking in the Tower... can't say the same about Regigigas though.

Whether I try and keep the lead alive often depends on the trainer type as much as the locked-in move - the power of it, etc. My Trick lead has been used by other people in the Tower but I'm the first to use a certain move... in fact, I don't remember any Trick teams at all using the same move.

Interesting note: If anyone here doesn't think IVs matter that much, think again... my lead survived a critical-hit Hydro Pump followed by another, non-crit Hydro Pump. That's insane. My lead is flawless in HP, both Def and Sp. Def, and in Speed. My new team member is hex-flawless, the first time I've ever had that... and there was a battle where the foe's powerful Struggle broke my Sub twice but it survived the third hit... only the flawless IVs allowed for that. And to anyone who plans on using Registeel (smart people), it's even more important due to certain moves only just failing to KO a +6/+6 Registeel Sub.

EDIT:

Peterko said:
lol the two aussie registeel club dudes are climbing up the ladder, that´s cute :D
good luck
Cute... cute!? I heard that word several times during the verbal body-slams exchanged by you and Jumpman. Also, Registeel club... Registeel club!? I'm pretty sure almost everyone uses him/it now! Well, the high-streak teams at least... seriously, how could any Trick team hope to get far without Registeel? The other common Steel-type, Scizor can't survive in the long run, being much more vulnerable to hax such as crits, freezes, etc.

I have a unfinished top 3 Pearl double tower streak. Just posting to have some sort of proof in case it get's alot higher. I'm not gonna tell how far I am now, simply because I don't like to.

the optimal way to take care of special sweepers would be to have something that boosts its special defense, so you'll have to make a pokemon change to not worry about it.

my streak ended prematurely wtih some bad hax. not a ton of it, but 2 cases of really bad hax. First off my starmie fell victim to bright powder on the opponent's scizor, which promptly X-Scizzored starmie to its doom. Registeel came in and I managed to set up all my curses and a sub before Scizor Baton Passed +6 attack to Rhydon. I KOd rhydon with Iron head while it knocked out my sub, and out comes Metagross. Now I know from previous experience that Hammer Arm will never one-shot my subs, so I sub and prepare for a stall out, but they AI decides that that won't happen and crits me to death :( that's game over b/c Metagross has Ice Punch and Scizor has X-Scizzor. oh well. I'm taking a break from the BT.

Platinum Battle Tower Doubles, 265 wins with this team:

Lead 1:
Kingdra @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim
252 Special Attack / 228 Hp / 12 Sp. Def / 12 Speed / 4 Def
Modest
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse

Lead 2:
Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Swift Swim
252 Special Attack / 132 HP / 124 Speed
Modest
-Fake Out
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Obviously, this is a rain dance team. Turn 1 = Fake Out + Rain Dance. I'm not using jolteon/electrode because after setting up rain they can't really do much. Focus Sash on such a bulky pokemon may seem redundant, but the only other really viable option would be leftovers, but focus sash is crucial for powerful double dragons, critical hits, and the such. Another big reason for using kingdra as my rain dancer is that it's slower (without the rain) than a lot of other weather setter-uppers. For example, froslass, normally problematic due to immunity to fake out, can set up hail first and it won't matter because with kingdra going second I can immediately erase hail from the field. Also, typical sunny day users are generally fast fire types like entei, moltres, houndoom, charizard, etc. Since most things with 252 speed ev's will outspeed kingdra, I can set up rain after they set up sun.

Seriously, I believe these are the best two rain leads. Yes, water absorb is nice and stuff but you really have to use these two leads to appreciate them. I'd say about 30% of all games are won with just these two leads without having to use any of the reserves. They are very bulky, take status (including paralysis) pretty well, and on the other hand dish out a lot of damage, especially with double surf. Very occasionally, I might forego fake out if I can OHKO one of the opponents with grass knot/ice beam or if I really need to take something problematic out (walrein, for example, because of sheer cold/hail).

While the EV's may seem very random, they're not. 124 speed gets ludicolo to 212 speed (in the rain), outspeeding timid electrode, while 12 speed on kingdra gets her to 214 in the rain, outspeeding ludicolo so if need be I can rain dance and then surf with ludicolo, getting the boost. Meanwhile, 228/12/4 optimize kingdra's defensive stats because by giving her ev's in the defenses the 31 iv doesn't round down at level 50.

Backup Sweeper #1:
Kabutops @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
188 Hp / 252 Attack / 60 Speed / 4 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Adamant
-Protect
-Superpower
-Rock Slide
-Waterfall

My beastly physical attacker, way more useful than metagross. Yes it's still pretty frail, but it can take most unSTAB'ed t-bolts and EQ's. Meanwhile, Kabutops' LO double stab waterfall is approximately 1.7 times as powerful as Kingdra's 75% double stab surf, assuming equal opposing defenses. Rock Slide also deals a lot to unresisting opponents plus hits flyers nicely, although I try to use it as sparingly as possible due to the accuracy. Superpower rounds off the offense hitting those troublesome steel types.

188 HP brings Kabutops due a LO number of HP, 159. Then, 60 speed is put there so that kabutops reaches 216 speed in the rain, beating my other sweepers so in case I have to sacrifice Kabutops with surf I can at least attack before I go down. Then, 4 hp go in each defense so I don't lose a point in rounding down.

Rain Dance should theoretically be more useful for backup, but in 265 games I haven't needed it once while protect is more useful. Even though a backup rain dancer seems better, this team is built so that it isn't COMPLETELY reliant on the rain being up - a late game t-tar/abomasnow/hippowdon won't stop my sweepers, in fact one game I won with just these 3 pokemon against a full-freight hail team using froslass, walrein, abomasnow, and glaceon without setting up the rain once. Kabutops can take 1 double stab'ed surf from either kingdra or ludicolo, taking about 70%, but most of the time I can avoid hurting my partner a lot. Kabutops is crucial for balancing my team in both type coverage and physical coverage.

Backup Sweeper #2:
Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed (finally a standard spread lol)
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Thunder

My main backup pokemon in case something goes wrong, most notably rain not going up. Without rain, latios is still quite beastly, outspeeding, surviving, and KO'ing many pokes. With rain, nothing can survive his onslaught except for shedinja. Thunderbolt is boosted ~26% by rain and gets perfect accuracy, while surf is boosted 50% by rain. Draco Meteor I try not to use too much due to the risk of missing, but when I do use it, KO's are sure to follow. Hell, I'm pretty sure it even OHKO's swampert. Timid definitely over modest because even though I already have swift swim latios is meant as a backup pokemon and incase rain doesn't go up latios still needs to outspeed stuff.

Sometimes in turn one I'm fine sacrificing Ludicolo because I gain a lot of momentum with the rain up and with my two rain-boosted sweepers. Quite often I fake out + protect on turn 1, ludicolo gets OHKO'ed by some crap (crobat brave bird, gallade close combat, etc.), and then I send in a sweeper and win 3-0. One close battle, gallade and infernape started. Turn 1 infernape faked out kingdra, preventing rain from going up, before I could fake out infernape, and then gallade OHKO'ed ludicolo with close combat. So after 1 turn I did almost 0 damage, lost a poke, and didn't get up rain. However, turn 2 I sent in latios, killed infernape with surf, did ~60% to gallade, and set up rain while gallade did ~70% to latios with night slash. From there, I easily swept, despite my bad start.

So far I must say I haven't gotten a whole lot of hax, although untimely freezes and brightpowder hax (lol one time ice beam missed 4x in a row vs. a torterra) is pretty annoying.

I'll post picture proof once my streak is over.

EDIT: Darn, I finally lost. Well, second place isn't so bad =).

Looks like Battle Tower's trainers can switch their Pokemon. I was playing Tower and Choice locked Empoleon who used Metalclaw switched to Swampert after my Set-uped Registeel used Iron Head.
I saved the battle video: 82-69450-85750

Btw now at 140.

I swear, the Tower does its best to try and make you lose just as you're approaching your record streak... for me that was 313, and just before that I had to deal with things such as:

*Lead Tinted Lens Yanmega which got 6 Double Teams (Thunder Waved, not Tricked - obvious choice) and I had to stall with Registeel.
*Psych Up Magnezone at least twice vs. Registeel... luckily there's an easy way to counter it assuming your other non-lead member is still alive...
*Facing pure legendary Fire-type teams with Registeel, and more...

But most importantly, I won a battle which I really didn't deserve to win - this was a long way above 313 though:

I don't want to reveal my team members (except Registeel) yet, but let's just say that due to a Bronzong barely surviving a non-maximised (ie. not +6) Outrage, my sweeper ended up dying to French Gliscor (I really hate that poke by now) through Focus Sash Counter, and then it was 1v1 with my Registeel. Guillotine missed, Iron Head and I win. I didn't deserve that considering Peterko's 4-for-4 loss.

I really miss Stealth Rock which I used back on my 313 team, but it's definitely outclassed by the different move I use now.

Today, assuming I do 16 more battles after logging out, I can say I've done 100 in a day. It sure was a fun Saturday. I've also never before had so many dangerous situations in any set of 100.

@CBShuckle: Good job on that team! Looks pretty solid. I'd imagine many matches end in 3 turns from double rain-boosted surfs.

@Buba: Yeah, sometimes opponent AI switches after you use an attack if it has a pokemon that resists the attack you just used. I think that's a commonly known fact. It does not switch otherwise though unless it has no moves that can hit your pokemon, it used Perish Song 2 turns ago, it is statused and has natural cure, or it used U-turn/Baton Pass (obviously).

^Thanks dood, even though I may have a higher record than your team, I have gotten pretty lucky and hax-free on my run so far and your team and advice were definite bases in my teambuilding process. Yea, two double-STAB'ed surfs take out a lot of frailer pokemon and just about everything that's weak to water. Sometimes, I forego fake out and just use rain dance + surf in the case of two slow pokemon that are weak to water.

well i finally lost at 67 wins
i lost a match i should have won because i miss clicked
i pressed sword dance by mistake when i meant to click bullet punch
)=
god i feel like an idiot
i would have won too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)