(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

I don't even know if I should post this as it is temporary but...

Homepage, latest scoop by Eric the Espeon :
Smogon is always looking to improve it's analysis and guides for battlers like you
This mistake happens so often D:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

In the Superachi! set (4th set), at the top of the third paragraph, the following sentence occurs:

With this set being more offensively oriented than the Calm Mind + Substitute set, teammates should this set should be able to take out Heatran and Latias, while at the same time luring in faster Pokémon who can hit Jirachi for super effective damage.
I think what they mean is "teammates of this set should" or "teammates for this set should".

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just wondering, does Smogon accept the spelling "miniscule" (should technically be "minuscule.") Since it is so commonly misspelt it is sometimes considered a variant spelling. There is an example of the spelling being used in the new Blissey analysis on site. From the EV section:

In comparison, the defensive boost from a Bold nature is miniscule when compared to a Calm nature on Blissey
Yeah sorry this is not objective, but it is arguably a spelling error, so I suppose it goes in this thread.

I noticed this in the Heatran analysis that was added just a few days ago. I'm pretty sure this is an objective change, but forgive me if I'm wrong, since it's not a grammatical error or typo.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran

HeaTrap said:
Alternatively, a spread of 128 HP / 164 Def / 216 SpA may be used to guarantee that a max Attack Salamence with Life Orb can never KO you with Earthquake even after Stealth Rock damage. This spread makes for a slower and slightly weaker Heatran, but still guarantees the same KOs previously listed.</p>
The standard listed EVs for the set state 212 SpA, so these alternate EVs actually make Heatran STRONGER, even if only by one or two points (not sure if Modest gives a bonus point there).

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/magmortar

Just a small edit in Magmortar's 1st set, 1st Paragraph, in the Strategydex.

Although Heatran is much easier to switch in and significantly more sturdy, Magmortar has some notable advantages over his fellow Fire-types. Focus Blast and Thunderbolt mean that Magmortar has a much easier time taking on some of Heatran's common switch-ins. Magmortar is also slightly faster, giving him the option to outrun several threats that Heatran cannot.

That's correct the way it is actually.

"... over his fellow Fire-type" is referring to Heatran, not every other Fire-type. Hence the reason why the paragraph started off with "Although Heatran..."

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some UU analyses were done before various BL bans, which means that their set comments are out of date. Unfortunately, changing it would be a larger job than the ones meant for this thread. The C&Cers will get around to updating the various set comments when we can.

Sceptile's SD Set said:
Sceptile is traditionally seen as a specially based Pokemon because its base 105 Special Attack often overshadows its respectable base 85 Attack. However, Swords Dance, the transition of Leaf Blade becoming physical, and a great physical movepool all work to make Sceptile a very viable physical attacker. This set is simple&emdash;use Swords Dance to boost Sceptile's Attack to an impressive 538, then attack with the remainder of Sceptile's moves.
I didn't really know where to post this so I put it here, figuring this was the best place.

Link: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/sceptile

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ninjask

baton pass v2 said:
The EV spread, as well, reflects a more defensive set &mdash the Speed investment allows Ninjask to outspeed common positively natured base 120 Speed Trick users; Defense EVs allow Ninjask to tank priority attacks much better (especially Ice Shards and Bullet Punches).
team options said:
Though Ninjask enjoys Rapid Spin support when not being used as a lead, it doesn't necessarily need teammates to effectively perform its job; the main Pokemon Ninjask is concerned with is to whom it is Passing its boosts.
counters said:
Since Ninjask tends to hide behind a Substitute and Baton Passes at the first sign of danger, some strategy is needed to exploit his pathetic defenses. Stealth Rock takes away 50% of its HP when it switches in, making Stealth Rockers with phazing moves(remove space) ideal counters. Residual damage from weather effects is also useful in breaking Focus Sashes.
does the counters section look really bloated to anyone else? ie. there's too much space between the paragraphs? or is it just me?

also, bullet punch should probably be added to that last paragraph...

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
DPP Kingdra, Mixed Rain Dance set
"Fast Choice Scarf users such as Flygon and Latias make good revenge killers as well as faster opposing Kingdra’s with the Swift Swim ability as well."
- redundant "as well"
- plural of Kingdra is Kingdra
- generally "faster opposing Kingdra" is a bit awkward, i didnt understand what it was trying to say on my first read-through

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
HeaTrap team options (last paragraph)
Gliscor serves as a great Tyranitar check who also has an easy time switching into Fighting- and Ground-type attacks aimed at Heatran, and Celebi and Vaporeon do an excellent job at covering Gyarados and Vaporeon
vaporeon, the excellent vaporeon counter

not sure how this is supposed to read, probably that vaporeon is the gyarados counter and celebi for vaporeon. it's just a little awkward !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)