move 2: Overheat
move 3: Hidden Power Grass
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Focus Sash
ability: Blaze
nature: Hasty
evs: 4 HP / 56 Atk / 4 Def / 216 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Chimchar is the only Pokemon in Little Cup with access to both Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Fake Out is an invaluable move in the lead spot, as it allows Chimchar to disable the opponent's Focus Sash. Against Phanpy, Snover, Kabuto, Hippopotas, and other such leads, Chimchar can easily KO with the appropriate super effective attack, and proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Chimchar is one of the better leads in the Little Cup metagame because of the major centralization around the 15 Speed mark. With a Hasty nature, Chimchar outpaces these Pokemon and KOes most of them with Fake Out followed by Overheat or Hidden Power Grass. Chimchar is unique because it can prevent Stealth Rock from being set up without having to sacrifice a moveslot for a disabling move such as Taunt. This gives Chimchar room for Stealth Rock, which it will often get a chance to use either after it KOes the opposing lead or if the opposing lead switches out. While Chimchar doesn't beat certain leads, you will rarely be at a big disadvantage. For example, against Diglett, you can still get Stealth Rock up and possibly disable Diglett's Focus Sash.</p>

<p>As mentioned above, Chimchar is generally troubled by Diglett. This makes both Gastly and Gligar great partners for Chimchar, as either one can come in on the revenge kill and set up, quickly taking the momentum from your opponent. Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. However Meowth, unlike Diglett, does not prevent Chimchar from switching out. Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and hit the switch-in with a STAB Earthquake or Stone Edge. On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Taillow.</p>

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
changes in bold, omit in red. May comment in (parentheses)

I got permission to post this.

name: Lead
move 1: Fake Out

<p>Chimchar is one of the most unique Pokemon in Little Cup because of its access to both Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Chimchar really proves itself against leads such as Phanpy, Snover, Kabuto, Omantyte, and Hippopotas, who are all outsped and KOed (F/O + Overheat/HP Grass is 2 hits, no?) by Fake Out followed by Overheat or Hidden Power Grass.</p>

<p>Chimchar has the rare ability to stop Stealth Rock being set up without being forced to use Taunt or Hypnosis. This means that Chimchar has room for Stealth Rock in its moveset, which Chimchar will, more often than not, get a chance to use either after it KOes the opponent's lead, or if the opponent switches out. While Chimchar doesn't beat certain leads, such as Diglett, it still never puts you at a big disadvantage if you happen to be facing these leads. For example, against Diglett you can still get Stealth Rock up and break its Focus Sash.</p>

<p>Since Chimchar has trouble with Diglett, so using a Pokemon such as Misdreavus or Gligar to set up on Diglett is a very good way to gain momentum early game. Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. However Meowth, unlike Diglett, does not stop Chimchar from switching out. Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and OHKO it with Earthquake.</p>

<p>Chimchar's ability to stop Stealth Rock from being set up on many leads makes it work quite well with powerful sweepers who need Stealth Rock off the field to function effectively, such as Taillow.</p>
Good job. Question: What about Diglett that use Sucker Punch?

Stuff highlighted in green is explained at the end.

<p>Chimchar is one of the few OR the only Pokemon in Little Cup with access to both Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Fake Out is an invaluable move in the lead spot, as it allows Chimchar to disable the opponent's Focus Sash. Against Phanpy, Snover, Kabuto, Omanyte, Hippopotas, and other such leads, Chimchar can easily KO with the appropriate super effective attack, and proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock</p>

<p>Chimchar is unique, because it can prevent Stealth Rock from being set up without having to sacrifice a moveslot for Taunt or Hypnosis. While Chimchar doesn't beat certain leads, you will rarely be at a big disadvantage. For example, against Diglett, you can still get Stealth Rock up, and possibly disable Diglett's Focus Sash (watch out for Sucker Punch). Against leads such as [insert the name of a fast taunt lead here (followed by a comma), if one exists, otherwise, remove this entire sentence], you will still be able to do significant damage with a combination of Fake Out and an attack.</p>

<p>As mentioned above, Chimchar is generally troubled by Diglett. This makes a Pokemon such as Misdreavus or Gligar, as either one can switch in on Diglett and set up, quickly taking the momentum from your opponent. Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. However Meowth, unlike Diglett, does not prevent Chimchar from switching out. Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and OHKO it with Earthquake. On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Tailow.</p>
First Paragraph: I think this list should be shortened, if phanphy is KOd, one would assume Kabuto and Omanyte are too, since they takes even more damage from the same attack... Anyway if it were me, I would just limit the list to Snover and Phanphy. But at the very least, there is no need for both Kabuto and Omanyte to be on that list, nor is there a need for both Phanphy and Hippopotas.

Second Paragraph: Self explanatory... I don't know the LC metagame, but if there is a taunt lead commonly used it needs mention, to support your generalization that Chimchar will rarely be screwed, even against leads that beat it. Also I highlighted a contraction somewhere in there, I stray away from using contractions in any of my formal writings, and this includes Smogon. The preference is yours to make, I just thought I'd (heh) give it a mention.

Third Paragraph: The highlighted sentence is unnecessary and can be removed without disrupting the rest of the paragraph, but it is your call.

Good job. Question: What about Diglett that use Sucker Punch?

Thanks both of you.

@ Sucker Punch:

This is considered already. If Diglett does not use Stealth Rock, Chimchar will still be able to set it up or break Diglett's sash. If Diglett does use Stealth Rock, Chimchar will be able to do both.

@ Reflect Suicune:

1st Para: Those leads are actually all quite different, so that is why I added them separately. Snover, Phanpy, and Hippo are beaten by Overheat, while Kabuto and Omanyte are beaten by Fake Out and Hidden Power. However, I removed Omanyte.

<p>Chimchar is the only Pokemon in Little Cup with access to both Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Fake Out is an invaluable move in the lead spot, as it allows Chimchar to disable the opponent's Focus Sash. Against Phanpy, Snover, Kabuto, Hippopotas, and other such leads, Chimchar can easily KO with the appropriate super effective attack, and proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock</p>

<p>Chimchar is unique, because it can prevent Stealth Rock from being set up without having to sacrifice a moveslot for a disabling move such as Taunt. This gives Chimchar room for Stealth Rock, which it will often get a chance to use either after it KOes the opposing lead or if the opposing lead switches out. While Chimchar doesn't beat certain leads, you will rarely be at a big disadvantage. For example, against Diglett, you can still get Stealth Rock up (removed comma) and possibly disable Diglett's Focus Sash.</p>

<p>As mentioned above, Chimchar is generally troubled by Diglett. This makes a Pokemon such as Misdreavus or Gligar, as either one can switch in on Diglett and set up, quickly taking the momentum from your opponent. (this sentence doesn't make sense. it is either missing a word or something is not conjugated correctly.) Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. However Meowth, unlike Diglett, does not prevent Chimchar from switching out. Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and OHKO it with Earthquake. On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Tailow.</p>
comments/edits in bold

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some minor things,

You still forgot the [SET] and [SET COMMENTS] (and [ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]?)

Chimchar is unique, because it can prevent Stealth Rock from being set up without having to sacrifice a moveslot for a disabling move such as Taunt.
No comma needed.

Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and OHKO it with Earthquake.
Might want to mention you can't get the OHKO if it has Focus Sash.

On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Tailow.
You misspelled "Taillow".

Protect should probably be an option if your main aim is to set up SR. Otherwise you are vulnerable to faster pokemon using Fake Out + Move

That would beat Meowth...who honestly isn't that common anymore and I dealt with that scenario in the team options section. So I disagree, but if others agree than I guess I'll include it (though I would HIGHLY doubt you would have tested it at all).

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There isn't any harm in just slashing it and briefly talking about it...

And I think SBC is right because EM ran Protect on his team and it is nice to scout and play mind games sometimes

There isn't any harm in just slashing it and briefly talking about it...

And I think SBC is right because EM ran Protect on his team and it is nice to scout and play mind games sometimes
What are you even suggesting Protect go over? EM also ran a completely different Lead (it was with Protect and Vacuum Wave, which I found to be underwhelming), he even said that he wasn't a big fan of that lead iirc.

IMO losing to Meowth, who is easily covered by any Rock-type, Steel-type, or basically any Pokemon with a mildly good defense stat, is better than losing to Kabuto, Phanpy, Hippo, and Machop (etc)

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Changes in blue
Removals in red

Good job, only caught a few minor things here and there. ;)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Chimchar is the only Pokemon in Little Cup with access to both Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Fake Out is an invaluable move in the lead spot, as it allows Chimchar to disable the opponent's Focus Sash. Against Phanpy, Snover, Kabuto, Hippopotas, and other such leads, Chimchar can easily KO with the appropriate super effective attack, and proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Chimchar is one of the better leads in the Little Cup metagame because of the major centralization around the 15 Speed mark. With a Hasty nature, Chimchar outpaces these Pokemon and KOes most of them with Fake Out followed by Overheat or Hidden Power Grass. Chimchar is unique because it can prevent Stealth Rock from being set up without having to sacrifice a moveslot for a disabling move such as Taunt. This gives Chimchar room for Stealth Rock, which it will often get a chance to use either after it KOes the opposing lead or if the opposing lead switches out. While Chimchar doesn't beat certain leads, it will rarely be at a big disadvantage. For example, against Diglett, you can still get Stealth Rock up and possibly disable Diglett's Focus Sash.</p>

<p>As mentioned above, Chimchar is generally troubled by Diglett. This makes Misdreavus and Gligar great partners for Chimchar, as either one can switch in on Diglett and set up, quickly taking the momentum from your opponent. Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. Unlike Diglett, however, Meowth does not prevent Chimchar from switching out. Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch in on Meowth and hit the switch-in with an STAB Earthquake or Stone Edge. On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Taillow.</p>

It's fine now grammatically, but I would recommend changing 'disable' the focus sash to 'break'. Also, you mention Misdreavus as a potential partner. Other than that, I would go ahead and say that the mods could upload this with no qualms as long as they felt the content was appropriate.

What are you even suggesting Protect go over? EM also ran a completely different Lead (it was with Protect and Vacuum Wave, which I found to be underwhelming), he even said that he wasn't a big fan of that lead iirc.

IMO losing to Meowth, who is easily covered by any Rock-type, Steel-type, or basically any Pokemon with a mildly good defense stat, is better than losing to Kabuto, Phanpy, Hippo, and Machop (etc)
I'd put it over HP Grass, since Overheat will dent anything without a x4 resist anyway. 105 damage NVE vs 140 damage SE HP Grass, which is significant but not highly offputting on something that's not meant to be sweeping. Although you should mention that it's probably better to conserve Overheat until your Sash is activated, if possible, since Blaze will be activated.

And lose to Kabuto, Omanyte, and <insert Water-type>? Part of the reason to use this set is that it stops Kabuto. If you want to beat Meowth and don't care about Kabuto use Phanpy.

<p>As mentioned above, Chimchar is generally troubled by Diglett. This makes Misdreavus and Gligar great partners for Chimchar, as either one can switch in on Diglett and set up, quickly taking the momentum from your opponent. Chimchar also has trouble with Meowth, since it is faster and can use Fake Out to break Chimchar's Focus Sash. However Meowth, unlike Diglett, does not prevent Chimchar from switching out. Therefore, Pokemon such as Geodude and Rhyhorn make great teammates for Chimchar, since they can easily switch into Meowth and hit the switch-in with a STAB Earthquake or Stone Edge. On the offensive side, Chimchar pairs well with a Pokemon that can take full advantage of Stealth Rock not being set up, such as Taillow.</p>
I just noticed this paragraph... first of all, it mentions Missy, so as I'm sure you're aware that needs to be fixed. =0

Then I'm also looking at this and thinking... wait, switch out of Diglett? Doesn't it have Arena Trap? Maybe I misunderstood, but you might want to fix that too. :s

Yea missy needs to be fixed.
and he wasnt implying that chimchar switches out, just that the pokemon can switch in after chimchar faints and take advantage of dig's presence

A mention of encore should be made as it is a rare move in LC and chimchar is the only pokemon with both it and stealth rock, and the only other encorer not relegated to pure support (machop) is slower than chimchar is.

Thanks for catching that, but when did I mention switching out of Diglett?
You didn't directly, but you said that Gligar and Missy can swtich IN on Diglett, which implies that Chimchar could switch OUT. (see the bold in my quoting of that section) Unless you were talking about after Diglett kills something...? =0 Either way it might need to be phrased a little clearer.

-EDIT- Owait, I just saw Megan Fox's fanboy's post on that... yeah, my bad. But still, if that's what you meant, then you should clarify and say 'after Diglett KOs Chimchar' or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)