Issue #7 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the Featured RMT's in this one, especially the UU one.

But...that "Good abilities on bad Pokémon" article is a joke, right?

I'm new to Smogon (and competitive battling in general; started a few days ago) and reading The Smog has been really helpful for me. Can't wait for the next one~

I thought the abilities article was interesting, the WSC article is a nice change of pace and I'm always down for UU articles and NU metagame updates.

As always an enjoyable read, good work everyone :)

I too liked the abilities abilities article. It keeps things fresh and is quite tongue in cheek. Don't get me wrong I love every article that discusses the metagames and battling strategy , but its important to keep the light hearted feel to it

I really enjoy reading the "side-articles" - keeps an airy feel to it whilst also being an interesting read.

I enjoyed reading the Ask the Admins and interview as always. I was pretty amused by the Good Abilities on Bad Pokemon article. As always, the featured RMTs and type analyses were informative.

I also thought the art (especially the cover) was amazing; great job icepick!

Its been a while since I have been on Smogon, but one of the first things I checked out was the Smog upon my return, and I must say that everyone has done a great job with it.

Yes, awesome cover, but regarding the actual content, I didn't enjoy reading it very much. I've only read a few articles and the ones that I did read were kind of skimpy and bland. I feel that this issue doesn't measure up to the quality of past issues.
I'm inclined to agree. I feel like the metagross article was very shallow and only talked about what most players already knew. One big factor that sets metagross apart is its versatility and hence its surprise factor. When you're looking for a lure, there are 2 pokes whose name constantly pop up, one is metagross and the other one is tyranitar. Metagross' versatility makes it perfect in scuh a strategic role. It can also function well as a scarfer, trick lead, mixed attacker... I just wish there was more about things beyond the obvious in that article.

Great job on the smog! I'm also new to Smogon, and out of everything on the site (other than the pokedex), I found the Smog to be the best way to learn competitive pokemon.

It's helped me learn so much about the community while at the same time introduced me to each of the metagames.

Keep up the good work!

I loved the articles, but the articles lacking humor bored me.
I loved the sprite competition, and I liked the "good abilities on bad pokémon" a lot, but some of the boring un-humurous ones were boring.

honestly, spinda's page is really hilarious and funny, but reading infernape's takes an hour and is too long.

just my 2 cents
we need more joke pages.
unkown was paritcuarly well written :-)

I really appreciate such great work. Actually I didn´t have the time to read the whole thing but I´m looking forward to it.
The article about Metagross war very nice and Metagross got his tribute with that.

And again - very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)