Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - January 2010

Swampert is by far my favorite lead for bulky offense.
While he is awesome as a lead, he has helped me as a tank in general as well.

Abomasnow at 55? Nice...
Wonder what's the most prominent set of them all and the most effective one :D
Personally, I am lovgint eh scarf set

Swampert is by far my favorite lead for bulky offense.
While he is awesome as a lead, he has helped me as a tank in general as well.

Abomasnow at 55? Nice...
Wonder what's the most prominent set of them all and the most effective one :D
Personally, I am lovgint eh scarf set
Same here, love pert as lead. Most leads die off too fast whereas swampy can be of help late game too. Nice to see TTar taking number 2

Wonder how ttar's usage will be like if latias was ever to be banned?
True it might drop but TTar is so important in OU in many ways. Any Rotom form, Gengar, Cress, Azelf. Plus theres no better feeling then faking a choice band set and then pwning the switching in Scizor with a Fire punch
I hope Zoroark is a decent dark type for the OU tier with lots of speed as thats the one thing TTar lacks. If Zoroark is that then it could be very popular.

I despise the whole top 5. Could they be any more obnoxious?

Strangely, I haven't seen much of Scizor, Tyranitar and Salamence lately, especially Scizor. Perhaps I may just be lucky when it comes to annoying Pokemon.

As for UU, I'm absolutely shocked to see Venusaur, of all things, sitting right there in the #1 spot. Seriously, what the hell? Now, I haven't been in UU for a while, but looking at the other top pokemon, could someone explain to me what the hell he thinks he's doing up there?

Strangely, I haven't seen much of Scizor, Tyranitar and Salamence lately, especially Scizor. Perhaps I may just be lucky when it comes to annoying Pokemon.

As for UU, I'm absolutely shocked to see Venusaur, of all things, sitting right there in the #1 spot. Seriously, what the hell? Now, I haven't been in UU for a while, but looking at the other top pokemon, could someone explain to me what the hell he thinks he's doing up there?
Its versatile. The bulky sets can check a ridiculous amount of the metagame (Raikou, Feraligatr, Rain teams etc). SD set can set up after forcing a switch with Sleep Powder and then hits really hard, and the Scarf set is a great revenge killer. Basically Venusaur can fit a lot of different teams and do its job well there.

I'm glad Scizor is going down in use its about time anyway. Almost every team has a Scizor counter and bar the SD set I really can't see much else thats good about Scizor, the choice band set is okay but only works well on some teams

I'm glad Scizor is going down in use its about time anyway. Almost every team has a Scizor counter and bar the SD set I really can't see much else thats good about Scizor, the choice band set is okay but only works well on some teams
Some teams? Most people rely on Scizor and its Bullet Punch solely for revenge killing threats such as Salamence, Tyranitar and Gengar. Scouting with its boosted U-turns to ease prediction is another thing CBZor does. It works as a check to many of the current OU threats.

Some teams? Most people rely on Scizor and its Bullet Punch solely for revenge killing threats such as Salamence, Tyranitar and Gengar. Scouting with its boosted U-turns to ease prediction is another thing CBZor does. It works as a check to many of the current OU threats.
Yeah It is highly important to deal with TTar but I would never rely on one to take care of a mence tbh.
The thing that annoys me most about the revenge killing Scizor though is when you use BP to kill off a Tyranitar generally there is something like a Gyra thats going to switch in and use the free turn to DD and if my Gyra counter is gone its game over

Yeah It is highly important to deal with TTar but I would never rely on one to take care of a mence tbh.
The thing that annoys me most about the revenge killing Scizor though is when you use BP to kill off a Tyranitar generally there is something like a Gyra thats going to switch in and use the free turn to DD and if my Gyra counter is gone its game over
Nobody relies on Scizor alone to revenge mence, its used as a back-up if there Swampert gets exploded on or Scarf Latias gets hit by pursuit. A smart player would U-turn to scout first instead of Bullet Punch right of the bat, that way you can see what your opponent's gonna send in, because you never know, a magnezone may be waiting in the wings to eat that bullet punch.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really do believe that unless Latias moves to Uber, Scarf Tar usage will remain this high. The reason for this newfound high usage is simply how good it is. Although it's lost its surprise value completely, it has shown itself to be effective nonetheless.

Yes Haunter - I think it would drop a little if Latias were sent to Uber, although I would expect Latias' role would be filled by other Ghosts/Psychics.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Scarf TTar will remain common regardless of Latias, it has been proved to be an excellent revenge killer in general, not only a reliable Latias check. Now if we banned Rotom-A, Starmie AND Latias, then we might see scarf TTar dropping in usage.

WIerd how it says that Smeargle is used 1.5/6% (I forget the real number and to lazy to check) when I am almost half of the time finding it as a lead against me... the Spore annoys me a ton...

eh...i'm fine with the top five
salamence is personally the hardest for me to "counter" esp with mixed set but it's fine with me. as for venusaur...it's an incredibly versatile pokemon. It can pretty much do anything. the sd set is an awesome bulky sweeper, while the support sets are...well they do almost anything.

I really do believe that unless Latias moves to Uber, Scarf Tar usage will remain this high. The reason for this newfound high usage is simply how good it is. Although it's lost its surprise value completely, it has shown itself to be effective nonetheless.

Yes Haunter - I think it would drop a little if Latias were sent to Uber, although I would expect Latias' role would be filled by other Ghosts/Psychics.
I agree with the prediction of ttar's drop after latias's psosibly ban. However, I strongly disagree with Latias's role being filled with another ghost/psychic pokemon. latias's typing...actaully sucks in my honest opinion as the psychic really doesn't help. It's just that latias is very versatile and it can do almost anything EXTREMELY well.

WIerd how it says that Smeargle is used 1.5/6% (I forget the real number and to lazy to check) when I am almost half of the time finding it as a lead against me... the Spore annoys me a ton...
That is because people at different ratings use different leads. At your level, Smeargle probably is a lot more common than at levels not around the one you're at. It's just fluctuations with skill level/play style bubbles.

The statistics aren't weighted, so they include leads that are used by ALL players, not just by the players that you end up facing. So, if your suggestion that almost 50% of the leads your face are Smeargle is indeed true, it probably means that the other people that you don't get selected to face probably don't use Smeargle so much.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with the prediction of ttar's drop after latias's psosibly ban. However, I strongly disagree with Latias's role being filled with another ghost/psychic pokemon. latias's typing...actaully sucks in my honest opinion as the psychic really doesn't help. It's just that latias is very versatile and it can do almost anything EXTREMELY well.
Yeah, you're probably right. I imagine Gengar's usage, particularly as a scarfer, might increase a little though. And in terms of CM users with recovery there is Celebi/Jirachi (a psychic that doesn't count.) The roles would not be filled by Ghosts and Psychics because they are Ghosts and Psychics, but rather because they are also good.

it's pretty hard to fill latias's shoes because only 1 other poke offers the same perfect combo of dragon+water, and kingra isn't nearly as fast as her.

Salamence does (Hydro Pump + Dragon Move)
Dragonite does (Surf + Dragon Move)
So does Gyarados, Kangaskhan, and other Pokemon. Although only Salamence has the same base special attack.

So does Gyarados, Kangaskhan, and other Pokemon. Although only Salamence has the same base special attack.
and so does charizard with hidden power water and outrage...

but the point is there are really only 2 good users of surf+draco meteor in the OU tier, latias and kingdra. salamence can use draco meteor + hydro pump, but he has better options such as DD and mixed sets that done use hydro pump

just having the moves is not really good enough. surf is so effective on latias because her draco meteors are so strong that you can expect steel switch ins and hit them very hard with surf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)