Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to catch a 31/31/31/7/31/31 careful shiny Zubat on my platinum at the ravaged path. I've abused my ID/SID and it's 18064/64178
Once I get my frame flipping the journal (1009) and hit my delay of 603 a psyduck appears >.>
Is there something I could do to get 100% Zubat or do i have to try till I get the pokemon I want to catch?

also all the caught pokemon are generated by method J?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to catch a 31/31/31/7/31/31 careful shiny Zubat on my platinum at the ravaged path. I've abused my ID/SID and it's 18064/64178
Once I get my frame flipping the journal (1009) and hit my delay of 603 a psyduck appears >.>
Is there something I could do to get 100% Zubat or do i have to try till I get the pokemon I want to catch?

also all the caught pokemon are generated by method J?
Right-click the frame and click "Calculate Encounter Slots". It will show you a link to a table that tells you what Pokemon shows up on what frame.

Few questions regarding RNGing starters in HG/SS:

1. What are the possible ways to advance the frame?
2. Any info on starting frames?
3. Does anyone here sucessfuly RNGed a HG/SS starter without resorting to save states?

Thanks.

Can someone help me I just dont get this Caliberation Phase thing I mean I always get Diffrent Delays and Seconds. Like for Seconds I get from 2 to like 54 how do you guys get like 15 a constant number and for Delay i think its all right because i get like 590 to 650 just want to know how to get constant numbers and does it affect my Sec/Delay when i start up DS with AR?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Let the NPCs move and step inside the lab at the right moment.

Unless otherwise specified, assume it's 1. For any gift Pokemon. Forgot that Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile are generated at the same time, so they have frames 1, 5, and 9 respectively. Thanks Pehu.

3. Does anyone here sucessfuly RNGed a HG/SS starter without resorting to save states?
Have RNG'd a shiny HP Grass 70 Cyndaquil, but needed save states. And it was a bitch even then, because the NPCs don't stop moving immediately after you start walking into the lab. It may be possible for someone to practice the timing on an emulator, then do it on a cart. But it won't be feasible without save states, and the NPCs would need to start in the exact same positions, I think.

Thanks.
1. Just NPCs moving.
2. Chikorita is frame 1, Cyndaquil is frame 5 and Totodile is frame 9.
3. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I've abused a Totodile with savestates, and as OmegaDonut said, it is hard as hell.

Then, I wasted 3 days trying to abuse my Cyndaquil from the original game, and I can say that if it's not impossible, at least it's not worthy it.

You can pretty much breed it a lot easier. The NPCs move at annoying rates, and I was aiming for a real low frame spread (28), but not even once I was able to hit it, in any seed, let alone hit my seed a decent number of times. I was able to hit, on my seed, frames 25 and 31, even by two different ways to advance it (waiting a few seconds outside the lab, or entering and getting out of the lab a few times.

So, yeah. If you wanna try it, be ready to be pissed off. I gave up, since I have lots of other pokes to use my shiny spread on, and they are all a lot easier to abuse than this frickin bastard.

Im finally starting to get this to work and Im using the Pikatimer and Im getting the right secs but the delay Im Looking for is 640 and i get around 600-610 how do i get higher delay?

I've fixed the confusing 'frame' text in the output of PokéRNG.
Also, I made a new program to assist with abusing Wonder Cards (as RNG Reporter's seed finder is awkward to use). This can be found in the second post of the thread.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Wild Eep, I have a question for you regarding hexadecimal in order to find the Munchlax trees. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.

I do not have my secret ID, although I have my Trainer ID and was looking to find two of my Munchlax trees through calculation. However, I don't quite understand your instructions and was looking for some clarification.

My trainer ID is 35612, so in hexadecimal it is 8b1c.

Thus, is [SS] = 139, with [YY] = 139 % 21?

Likewise, is [TT] = 28, with [ZZ] = 28 % 21?

Thank you for your help.
You are correct!

Something interesting I noticed: on my HeartGold, when restarting for a shiny starter, I seemed to get a very high frame (close too 100). In my SoulSilver, I get 1/5/9, depending on starter.... I guess this should be tested (male characters on both for me). If someone does get 1/5/9 frame starter from HeartGold, is your character a male or female?
Has anyone else experienced higher than expected frames when RNGing for starters?

Alot of this has already been answered if you used the search button....
Yes you can fly to the Indigo Plateau from both Kanto and Johto
Yes phone calls advance the frame whether you answer it or not, but on each specific seed the time (yes time not frame) the phone rings is always the same
Yes you can catch a level 50ish pokemon on Mt Silver to check your seed
Yes the NPC in the room does advance you but on the same seed he will always move the same way in the same amount of time.
No battling the E4 does not advance your frame
No the cut scenes do not advance your frame
No the radio does not work in the E4 you have to walk 128 steps alot of times =P
Be aware that 128 steps increases your frame and you are almost guaranteed to trigger it between Mt Silver and Lance

Above all its possible with a little patience, I got my Raikou which is listed in my thread but defeating the E4 3 times. Once for the calibration of frames, a 2nd time I missed my frame cos I only triggered one 128 Step advancement instead of 2 <_<, and hit it right on the 3rd attempt
Seems like I have to beat the E4 the first time. That's fine. I would like to RNG a shiny Suicune and the Kanto legends etc., so I can I can wait on RNGing Raikou for now. I hate killing the dogs. ;-;

Another quick question on the Pikatimer the 1st Timer is 80 Secs do i wait till 80secs then press start on the AR or Do I wait 20 secs then press start?

Can the Pikatimer be used for D/P/Pt/HG/SS? If so could someone explain to me exactly what it does and provide me with a download link? Thanks.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Gyarados is generated by the same method that creates chained shinies. As of yet, there is no program that generates lists of chained spreads, except for my modified RNG Reporter. And even that has been untested.

Ah, hell... here it is. Somebody please test it and see if ANY of the spreads generated for a seed are at all consistent with the spreads generated for the Gyarados. No, the frame number won't be the same because I don't know what the equivalent of "Method K" for the Gyarados is. Yes, the ID\SID still matters.
So if I understand this correctly, the red gyarados uses the chained shiny theoretical method, and the nature depends on the game's ID/SID combination?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
So if I understand this correctly, the red gyarados uses the chained shiny theoretical method, and the nature depends on the game's ID/SID combination?
According to X-Act's description of chained shiny generation, anyway. I still need people to test it out and confirm it.

Can the Pikatimer be used for D/P/Pt/HG/SS? If so could someone explain to me exactly what it does and provide me with a download link? Thanks.
Don't bother with it as there are only few people who actually seem to get to run it.
Stick to emloop as PikaTimer don't really seems to work.

is it possible to advance the RNG by one?
I'm fishing with the good rod at valley windworks and i'm in the grass.
Fishing advances the frame by 4
And yes it is possible. Either take 128 steps in an area with no pokemon and 1 pokemon in your party
Or if your in grass turn ONCE and that will advance the frame by 1 :)

Has anyone else had trouble advancing the frame in HG/SS by walking in an area where wild pokemon are? I tried it with the floor under where Ho-oh was in the Bell Tower, but my turns never advanced it. Maybe because I wasn't walking? Just wanted to see if I'm not the only one, so I can plan better for Entei and Raikou. Do we know their starting frames yet?

Has anyone else had trouble advancing the frame in HG/SS by walking in an area where wild pokemon are? I tried it with the floor under where Ho-oh was in the Bell Tower, but my turns never advanced it. Maybe because I wasn't walking? Just wanted to see if I'm not the only one, so I can plan better for Entei and Raikou. Do we know their starting frames yet?
iirc Raikou and Entei are like the birds in Plat... Raikou is 1 and Entei is 6... I believe.... and as for the walking... its inconsistent... your best bet would be to use the radio... it takes slightly longer... but really... there's no problem with inconsistency

I'm beginning to think that if you are in a cave/wherever with wild Pokémon, are standing ON a ladder, and you take a step to go up/down that ladder, it does NOT count as a frame advancement in an area with wild Pokémon. After all, the spot ON the ladder is not a spot where you can find wild Pokémon (if you try to Sweet Scent there, it does nothing, but if you take one step back, you're fine). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I ran across this by saving one step before the ladder to the rooftop in Tin Tower. I used Sweet Scent, caught the Pokémon, took two steps up (the first put me ON the ladder, the second one put me up the ladder onto the rooftop), ran up to Ho-oh, and caught it. I expected the Ho-oh's frame to be the "actual" frame of the Sweet Scent, plus 3 (2 for taking the two steps on 10F + 1 for Ho-oh's frame) or 4 (3 + 1 if the 128-step counter is tripped), but it was only 2, leading me to believe that my stepping onto the ladder and then up the ladder all only advanced it by 1 (plus 1 for Ho-oh's frame).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)