Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm beginning to think that if you are in a cave/wherever with wild Pokémon, are standing ON a ladder, and you take a step to go up/down that ladder, it does NOT count as a frame advancement in an area with wild Pokémon. After all, the spot ON the ladder is not a spot where you can find wild Pokémon (if you try to Sweet Scent there, it does nothing, but if you take one step back, you're fine). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I ran across this by saving one step before the ladder to the rooftop in Tin Tower. I used Sweet Scent, caught the Pokémon, took two steps up (the first put me ON the ladder, the second one put me up the ladder onto the rooftop), ran up to Ho-oh, and caught it. I expected the Ho-oh's frame to be the "actual" frame of the Sweet Scent, plus 3 (2 for taking the two steps on 10F + 1 for Ho-oh's frame) or 4 (3 + 1 if the 128-step counter is tripped), but it was only 2.
that sounds correct... because a door doesn't count as a step either...

I have to questions about RNG abusing in plat. 1:
do the pokemon inside the fence by daycare count as NPCs?
and 2: On the RNG reporter, I'm going for the IVs right now, and why would the Search Flips butten not show up with any results when I try to use it? Thanks!

I have to questions about RNG abusing in plat. 1:
do the pokemon inside the fence by daycare count as NPCs?
and 2: On the RNG reporter, I'm going for the IVs right now, and why would the Search Flips butten not show up with any results when I try to use it? Thanks!
2) You're time could be out of the search boundaries.

Thank you for answering my question, Wild Eep. Your verification of my mathematics has made my day! Now, time to try catching some Munchlax!

Okay I have a problem. I have tried saving over my frame to get a new one,
i've tried flipping the jurnal extra times, but no matter what I do I get a frame of 17 instead of my target, 18! Why???

Okay I have a problem. I have tried saving over my frame to get a new one,
i've tried flipping the jurnal extra times, but no matter what I do I get a frame of 17 instead of my target, 18! Why???
Are you sure your journal has pages of a caught or defeated pokemon?

A couple curious questions.

1. When using the step method to RNG Suicune, would walking into Poke'mon increase frames? If so, how many?

2. Is it possible to RNG in the Sinjoh Ruins (aka Arceus Event Dragons)?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A couple curious questions.

1. When using the step method to RNG Suicune, would walking into Poke'mon increase frames? If so, how many?

2. Is it possible to RNG in the Sinjoh Ruins (aka Arceus Event Dragons)?
1) What do you mean by walking into pokemon, is it wild pokemon battles or just walking into your first pokemon or suicune?

2) Yes it is

1) What do you mean by walking into pokemon, is it wild pokemon battles or just walking into your first pokemon or suicune?

2) Yes it is
1. Well, the Poke'mon that follows you, not walking into Suicune. That'd be weird. :P

2. Awesome. I'll check into some Giratina natured spreads. Too bad only Arceus has to be the only one in the party. How many frames for the dragons?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Well, the Poke'mon that follows you, not walking into Suicune. That'd be weird. :P

2. Awesome. I'll check into some Giratina natured spreads. Too bad only Arceus has to be the only one in the party. How many frames for the dragons?
ok got it and no walking into it won't advance it just the steps you take matter. and the dragons are method 1 gift pokemon so they should start on frame 1

Okay, this is weird. I was running more tests with Ho-oh, and I had saved 1 step in front of the ladder on the 10th floor of the Tin Tower. I loaded my game, pushed UP once (put me on the ladder), pushed UP again (put me through the ladder to the rooftop), held UP for a few seconds to run up to Ho-oh, and then pressed A to start the battle. Assuming my steps did NOT trip the 128-step counter, Ho-oh should at least be on frame 2 (1 for the first step on the 10th floor + 1 for Ho-oh's frame), right? However, when I caught Ho-oh, the only option for its IVs/nature on the seed I hit was method K frame 1.

How could it be on frame 1? Any idea what's going on?

Exactly what happened to me that I asked last page. No real idea why it does that, but when I abuse my Ho-oh two days ago that happened to me. I had to do the 128 steps to give me the last few frames.

Did you have a repel in effect? I had one going, and i'm thinking that it might be that it cancels wild encounters, making the RNG in this game not increase.

Exactly what happened to me that I asked last page. No real idea why it does that, but when I abuse my Ho-oh two days ago that happened to me. I had to do the 128 steps to give me the last few frames.

Did you have a repel in effect? I had one going, and i'm thinking that it might be that it cancels wild encounters, making the RNG in this game not increase.
Yes, actually, I did. I'll try wearing it off, saving again, and trying another time.

the step before the ladder as no encounter so no frame advancement, I tried sweet scenting there for gastly using ho-oh to identify my delay.

the step before the ladder as no encounter,I tried sweet scenting there for gastly using ho-oh to identify my delay.
Well I'm saved on a tile where wild encounters ARE possible (Sweet Scent works there). After taking one step, I'm actually ON the ladder, where wild encounters AREN'T possible (Sweet Scent doesn't work). The next step puts me through the ladder onto the next floor.

A previous test I did seemed to indicate that the first step advanced the RNG, but the second didn't.

Ok, if i kill Suicune, what will happen? Will it come back with a different seed and what not?

I really prefer RNGing it later because that way i can be sure that I will catch it. Plus, I can't afford that many Dive Balls right now.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Ok, if i kill Suicune, what will happen? Will it come back with a different seed and what not?

I really prefer RNGing it later because that way i can be sure that I will catch it. Plus, I can't afford that many Dive Balls right now.
if you want to RNG it later then just leave it alone it will still be there besides suicune IVs and nature are generated when you talk to it not when you release it from burnt tower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)