Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Analyses need to be brought up to standard before they can be added to the main website, and that is up to the discretion of the C&C staff. If you have specific questions about specific analyses that you think are ready to be added, PM one of the Little Cup C&C Moderators (Vader, eric the espeon, or Seven Deadly Sins).

There is a section on the Smogon Website dedicated to IRC found here that should be adequate. Once you register (you do so by typing /ns register <your password> <your email address>) it's as simple as typing /join #littlecup.

Analyses need to be brought up to standard before they can be added to the main website, and that is up to the discretion of the C&C staff. If you have specific questions about specific analyses that you think are ready to be added, PM one of the Little Cup C&C Moderators (Vader, eric the espeon, or Seven Deadly Sins).

There is a section on the Smogon Website dedicated to IRC found here that should be adequate. Once you register (you do so by typing /ns register <your password> <your email address>) it's as simple as typing /join #littlecup.
I think he meant why is there no LC-only listing for the analyses already on-site, since currently they're all lost in the NFE listing.

Nono, Dub had it right... but since you mention it, that's also something I was wondering. 8|

But yeah, I have my Trapinch analysis spellchecked, fixed and everything, I just wanted to know if it was even ready to go up... that's all. (I've had some trouble actually getting people in there to tell me that, you see. Dx) But I have the information I need now... thanks, Dub.

Good day folks, first time poster but had a question that I really want to know. If a NUMEL with SIMPLE uses FOCUS ENERGY and holds any item that raises its crit ratio what crit stage would he be at? Would it be 3 or 5? And more importantly why?

Also what happens when you Baton Pass a focus energy to a SIMPLE Bibarrel? Thank you for you time.

Good day folks, first time poster but had a question that I really want to know. If a NUMEL with SIMPLE uses FOCUS ENERGY and holds any item that raises its crit ratio what crit stage would he be at? Would it be 3 or 5? And more importantly why?

Also what happens when you Baton Pass a focus energy to a SIMPLE Bibarrel? Thank you for you time.
As far as I know, Simple only works on stat boosts (Attack, Speed, and such). Critical Hit ratio is completely unaffected by those, so I think Focus Energy (waste of a moveslot, really) would work just like it would for another Pokémon without Simple.

Also, since this is LC I assume you meant to ask about Bidoof and not Bibarel.

As far as I know, Simple only works on stat boosts (Attack, Speed, and such). Critical Hit ratio is completely unaffected by those, so I think Focus Energy (waste of a moveslot, really) would work just like it would for another Pokémon without Simple.

Also, since this is LC I assume you meant to ask about Bidoof and not Bibarel.
Thanks, but can any confirm this? I caught myself a Numel for some testing, heart scaled it back focus energy and took on some low level Bidoofs. Then I fought 10 pokemon in a row 3 times.

First Time = 5 Crits, 5 Fails
Second Time = 2 Crits, 8 Fails
Third Time = 1 Crit, 9 Fails

... yup. The data is vauge to say the least. Thats the problem with probability ... anyone got a way to confirm this? I just wanna use a Numel -_-

This isn't so much a Little Cup-based question as a forum-based question (which I don't know where else to ask, sorry).

I'd like to begin posting my Charmander LC analysis, but my 'could-be-banned' status seems to be preventing that. How long to I have to wait to get posting priveleges back, if I get them back at all? (Gawd, I hate having that thing under my name... it feels like internet leprosy.)

What you would have to do is either:

a) PM someone else to post it for you and basically "give them control" over it. If they are nice they will obviously give you credit.

or

b) check to see when your infractions wear off. I'm sure it won't be long.

Just don't spam mods about justice and get more infractions like I did (as tempting as it may be!), that will only delay your posting further.

LOL it sure is tempting. Although as it is, they aren't even replying to my polite ones asking things like 'when can I have an avatar again'. >\ Thanks.

Before I begin building a LC team, I'd like to make sure

The LC Banlist is:
~Scyther
~Yanma
~Sneasel
~Meditite
~Murkrow
~Tangela
~Misdreavus
~Gligar

Correct?

Dubulous

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gligar is currently allowed in standard LC play, though the rest of your list is accurate. For future reference, the Little Cup Rules List is Stickied in this forum, though I have also linked it here. Strangely enough, the current OU List also Stickied lists Misdreavus as OU, though we have since run a Suspect Test, which resulted in it being voted Uber.

Gligar is currently allowed in standard LC play, though the rest of your list is accurate. For future reference, the Little Cup Rules List is Stickied in this forum, though I have also linked it here. Strangely enough, the current OU List also Stickied lists Misdreavus as OU, though we have since run a Suspect Test, which resulted in it being voted Uber.
Thank you.

Those 2 contradicting threads are why I asked. And...well, I guess I was just hoping that Gligar was out, lol

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
err speaking of Gligar, how do we go about running another suspect test...? I think its about time we look at Gligar again...

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's for when SB2 comes out. Then we start retesting stuff (including Berry Juice)

Why are we RE-testing berry juice? =\ Wasn't it deemed to be broken enough in the first test? I don't see why anything would have changed as far as it's concerned.

Two reasons- Firstly SB1 had a glitch where berries and berry juice did not activate by passive damage, stopping us from fairly testing Juice. Secondly the test was kinda just cut short, due to the above problem.

SB2 will have this rectified, allowing us to properly test Juice and then Murkrow, Meditite, Misdreavus and Yanma as well (iirc)

What Draco said. Basically, as long as they can legally learn the move in any way before level 5, you're good.

Of course, that means in the case of special event Pokemon like Surfing Pikachu and whatnot, the event moves can't be used (not that Pikachu is in little cup anyway, but... you get the idea). (No Quick Attack Charmander... </3 ;__;)

Is Vulpix viable and if so, what would be the best way to go about using it? I'm thinking some kind of Howl set, or maybe mixed?

Dubulous

Vulpix is largely outclassed by Houndour and Ponyta, who can run similar sets as Vulpix with better overall stats. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot though. The best method is to just try things out and see what happens!

I really like Nincada. He has great defense and good typing and access to 100% Acc. toxic. Bug Bite is a good physical STAB move that munches on a foe's berry for awesomeness. Dig/Protect let's you force a switch or build up another turn of toxic. Nightslash and X-Scissor are good physical moves for a decent ATK. My question is, is Nincada viable in this metagame?

Ninacade doesn't look like it has very much really going for it, but LC is a game where alot of things don't look like they work, do. So go out and try it if you want, though it doesn't appear very promising.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nincada has been looked at a few times, and I think had some minor testing. It's problems are poor stats in everything but Def (15 attack with max and a nature, 14 for speed.), type which gives it a lot of weaknesses (fire, flying, ice, and water) though resisting Fight/Ground and being immune to Electric is kinda cool. Other than X-Scissor/Bug Bite its physical movepool is pretty meh, Night Slash, Double Edge/Return, Dig, AA. If it had better attack and speed, or maybe Earthquake, it would be a fairly good Pokemon. As it is.. there may be a set you can stick together that works decently but not more than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)